Statistics

235,554 members
111,324 posts
  • New
    rhizzo902
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-21

Hey,

I recently bought an xtouch and xtouch extender and for some reason the first fader on the doesnt work with the project file. all other faders on both gear work fine and the first fader buttons also work alright. the fader also moves when its started, but when I get into ableton it becomes unresponsive.

Please help. im using ableton live 11 on a windows computer.

read more...
    0 4
    • rhizzo902
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi rhizzo902, if you have not yet done so I would recommend submitting a technical support ticket so we may gain a better understanding of your setup. To do this please go to support at the top of the page, scroll down to technical support and fill in the form.
      • 7 hours ago
  • New
    CharlieCee
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-19

I'd like to use the fader to control expression within Cubase or Reaper but can't seem to see how to do this. Is it even possible?

Thanks

0 2
    • CharlieCee
      NicJonesMT Hi CharlieCee.
      The XT1 uses the MCU protocol and automatically Maps to your Chosen DAW.
      The best thing I can recommend would be to see if there is a MIDI Learn function that you can use to try and remap how the XT works.
      I would recommend getting in touch with the Reaper or Cubase support team and they should be able to assist you further.
      • Jun 19
    • CharlieCee
      CharlieCee

Thanks for your reply, I'll look into that. Take Care.

• Jun 19
    • CharlieCee
      CharlieCee I've spent two days searching for an answer with no luck. However, it does appear that this may not be possible.
      • Mon at 2:23 PM
  • New
    JrgenBecker
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-19

Hi,

I bought the MASTER X HD DT yesterday.
    I tested the demo version a while ago. Now when starting the software apparently does not find the hardware. 
    The app constantly asks for the activation of the Ilok. Who can help me. I had no problems with any of the other controllers.
    read more...
    0 8
    • JrgenBecker
      NicJonesMT Hi JrgenBecker.
      Please make sure you are connecting directly to your computer and not to any USB Hubs. These can sometimes cause connectivity issues and stop the controller from communicating with your DAW.

If you still can't get it to connect then please submit a Technical support ticket (Click support at the top of the page).
      • Jun 19
  • New
    Brettwilliams53
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-08

I'm looking for a control surface that controls both MIDI CC movements, such as expression, vibrato and volume on a virtual instrument (Like Spitfire's BBC CORE or Opus Composer Cloud), as well as mix control, so the faders control the main mix in my DAW? (LOGIC PRO) Not at the same time mind you, but like in two separate modes; Midi and Mix modes.

Does the X-Touch do that? I can't seem to find a definitive answer?

read more...
    0 11
    • Brettwilliams53
      NicJonesMT Hi BrettWilliams53.
      Based on the above it sounds like the X-Touch Compact would be what you are looking for.

The XT Compact has a Windows (Only) Editor that will allow you to manually configure what PC/CC messages are sent by each control on the unit. There is also a MC mode built in to allow you to quickly and easily configure with your DAW.
      • Jun 8
  • New
    FrankGNitty
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-07

How to change scribble script color for lpx

0 20
    • FrankGNitty
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi FrankGNitty, unfortunately, this is not possible. The X-TOUCH runs on Mackie or HUI protocol with a DAW and neither of these protocols has provision for LCD Colour changes.
      • Jun 7
  • PatrikBouldin
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-05-26

Hi, I asked this but don't think I did a good job laying it out. I've attached a drawing this time.

XR-18 connected to X-touch via Cat6, control is there.

I haven't picked my DAW yet, but I have four questions:

1 - Can the Cat 6 connection between the XR-18 (on home router network) connect to the WIN PC for the DAW control part? All three are already connected to home network. I see that I can pick the MC mode on Xtouch config, and choose either Network, USB, or Midi. If I pick network it wants either DHCP or not. Once I get the DAW installed will it connect via the Network selection? Do I need to hard code the IP of the PC, or is it asking for an IP setting for the XTouch?

2 nd question - Must I have that USB connection between the XR-18 and the Windows PC as well in order to get the music to the Win PC? I was hoping it could also use the home ethernet.

3 - What is the best compatible DAW for my purpose - which is just basic recording and basic editing? Example - if this will work with MixPad that would be great since I know how to use it.

4 - If I understand the workflow correctly, I can flip the XTouch between controlling the XR-18 and for controlling the DAW?

Thanks in advance,

Patrik

Home Studio.png
    read more...
    0 388
    • PatrikBouldin
      theblackrifles

Same setup as mine basically but using a Mac.

1. Connect Mac/PC via USB to XR18

2. Check its recognised by your computer as an audio device with 18 ins and outs

3. You will also see it in your DAW

4. Turn on router.

5. Connect your computer via ethernet/WIFI to router network

6. Make a note of IP address and gateway of router on your computer

7. Connect Ethernet cable to router and XR18

8. Toggle switch on front of XR18 to Wifi/Ethernet whichever one you want so wireless or wired connection.

9. Open X Air app on computer

10. click setup and choose either WAN/LAN setup depending on wireless or wired.

11. Connect ethernet cable to XTouch

12. Connect USB cable to X Touch (NOTE you must have the latest Firmware version to get dual mode feature)

13. Turn on Xtouch holding down select button on Channel 1

14. Choose XCT1/MC

15. Set to Network

16. Enter IP address that matches the one in settings in X Air app

17. Turn 3rd Knob to turn DHCP ON

18. Click Scan

DONE. So in Theory what should happen when it works is When you toggle the SMPTE/BEATS buttn on your X Touch it goes back and forth between controlling your Mixer/X Air app and then your DAW.

Hope that helps.

• June 9, 2020
    • PatrikBouldin
      theblackrifles

Best DAW for your  x touch setup

mac: Logic

PC: Cubase 

• June 9, 2020
    • PatrikBouldin
      PatMurphy Patrik, Ethernet for control, USB for recording. That is what is needed and the two are independent of each other.
      • Jun 7
    • PatrikBouldin
      PatMurphy Works with Studio One as well. There are differences between integration for alll of these
      • Jun 7
  • New
    rjung
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-26

Hello.

I'd like to get a hardware controller for live performances using a XR18.
    I see, there is the X-Touch and the X-Touch Compact. Looks like The X-Touch communicates via a tcp/ip connection while the X-Touch Compact is using Midi. I do not really need the transport buttons and jog-wheel for live mixing. I did almost not find any youtube videos explaining how this works and what is different here.

Can someone give me some hints why he would choose either or and why?

Regards,
    Rainer

read more...
    0 15
    • rjung
      DavidKnighton Hello rjung,
      The advantage of the X-Touch is that is uses a protocol called XCTL over ethernet connection. This allows the X-Touch to control the mixer like a match made in heaven. This gives you colored/labelled scribble strips, control over channel parameters, and much more. The disadvantage of the X-Touch Compact is that it can only operate via MIDI, and if you pull up the XR18 MIDI Implementation page, you'll see that there is only a handful of useful features. I think you'll find the X-Touch to be an extension of the mixer software and hardware, whereas the Compact is just a means to control fader levels and mutes. So if you want more out of it, get the X-Touch. If you need the bare minimum for control and are on a budget, get the Compact.
      • May 29
  • New
    acabrecords
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-25

Hello everyone! 
    first I wanna say how much I love my new X-Touch! It is a long dream come true and After going through so many subpar daw controllers, the X-touch is blowing my mind! It works flawlessly with logic pro latest version, big sur latest version and more importantly with the new m1 macs! 

there is one tiny thing though that kinda really annoys me and i spent days searching that corners of the web but to no avail!

how can I sort, edit and re order the plugins list  that appears on the scribble lcd when i insert a plugin on a channel strip straight from the xtouch unit?

My current problem is that that list is not at all the same as in the logic plugin manager. But even weirder, it shows me logic pro legacy plugins that are not even in logic anymore (ie; Fat eq, dj eq and Averb) and that long list of legacy plugins is alway on top and i have to scroll that encoder forever to reach the actual logic plugins and even further down for my 3rd party plugins! Now is there any way to edit that list?? 

So to recap: I'm running logic pro 10.6.2 on a m1 mac mini with Big sur 11.3 and the Xtouch unit has been updated to that latest firmware 1.21 and I'm operating the xtouch on MCU mode! 

any pointers would be immensely appreciated as that would make the unit a truly flawless control unit that goes from 9.5/10 to 10/10! 

thanks everyone!!

mike

read more...
    0 16
  • New
    swenerick
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-14

Hi, it seems it's not possible to use the jog wheel to zoom (when zoom mode is activated).

I wanted to know if there is a way to change this behavior or it is something that needs to be written in the firmware?

(I'm working with Logic Pro)

Thank you.

read more...
    0 26
  • New
    Scomed99
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-19

Hi,

xtouch with last fw (1.21) hooked up with x32 rack (last fw).

Xtouch in xtcl mode and static ip.

Connection works fine but.....there's some ways to change Scenes fron xtouch??

Is it possible to know real value of volume fader channel? (-80 to +10)

Is it possible to have a DCA group in the first bank fader?

As default xtouch is unusable in my opinion!!

I wrong something or this item is not good as I hope?

Thanks

read more...
    0 21
Go to page