Statistics

269,949 members
149,719 posts
  • New
    trucutru0323
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-05

i cannot make te pitch shifter sound decent on my plethora x5, im trying to use it like a whammy with an expression pedal but when i pitch it up (or down to make a dive bomb) it sounds very awful, like if it was out of phase or something...

Can someone share their settings???

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    edoates
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-01-02

Tyring to start thread with user suggestions for the Plethora X5...

1. Make the tone print loading process easier.

---it seems that you have to update the toneprints you find in the all toneprins list, and then SOME of them are now compatible with teh X5. TC should do those updates and place them in the X5 Toneprint list so we don't waste our time

---When many (most?) toneprints or just templates are loaded into the board itself, the various parameters don't stay fromt he template/toneprint, but are set to whatever the knobs are set to. SO swe have no idea what they are supposed to be. Example, I'm copied the parameters (at leas thte three I havd access to on the board) from the three band noise gate, and on two differnernt X5, the noise gate is completely different!!!! 

2. Use the APP to allow storage of my own toneprints across differnet X5s

---I have two X5s for different rigs and I want many of my default boards and effects to be the same. Seems to be no good way todo this in the app

---ideally, I should be able to backup and ENTIRE Plethora X5 and save it save it in the app, then restore it to another X5 in case of failure, whatever. 

3. Please write a compehensive manual, even if PDF only. Search wildly on Youtube to things you want to do is wasteful and almost never gives me what I want. See the Nove System and G-System comprehensive models for an example of useful manuals.

4. Integreate NovaDrive as the GSystem has done: it uses Midi in / out / through and treats the NovaDrive as just another effect. To me, the NovaDrive is the ideal overdrive/distortion pedal for a system like the X5.

read more...
    0 20
    • edoates
      CSurieux I don't think that there is still someone at TC working on this product, last firmware is quite 2 years old (even if they changed its file date, it is the same firmware).
      We have already requested many important fixes without any answer... good luck.
      • Jan 3
      • Plethora X5 Suggestions for TC
        CSurieux Incredible, the beast was not dead, new firmware 1.3.6 today, great features but still no global tempo or midi out RTM sync.
        • Jan 13
  • Nyfolk
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-23
    I have purchased another used M5000. When the unit is turned on, there is a message of "Serial Information Mismatch". I have tried to make contact at TC or Music Tribe to no avail. I would really hate to see this unit wind up as a door stop. Can someone direct me to someone who can get me a repair code? Thnak you!
    read more...
    0 188
    • Nyfolk
      RexBeckett I suggest that you open a Care ticket. At the top of this page, click Support -> Care -> Create a Care Ticket and select Type: Technical Support. Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit.
      • June 23, 2020
      • M5000 Serial Information Mismatch
        Nyfolk Good morning Rex, I have tried to do this already. The drop down menu does not include the M5000. Thank you!
        • June 23, 2020
        Nyfolk I have followed the path to creating a care ticket. When I arrive at the request for model name, the M5000 is not listed. I do realize that this is a legacy product. Is there an email or phone number that I could reach out to discuss the issue and get resolution? I have had this issue many years ago and TC resolved this easily with a repair code. Thank you!
        • June 23, 2020
        RexBeckett The usual solution for this is to use the model number of a similar product. Explain the reason in the problem description.

The Care ticket is currently the only way to request technical support. Once the ticket is open, you should get a response by email. Keep watch on your email spam/junk folder.
        • June 23, 2020
    • Nyfolk
      Nigel67 Hi Nyfolk, if M5000 doesn't appear in the Product drop down, I would suggest choosing another TC Electronic product in the same category or as close as you can, and then put M5000 Help required in the Description and also Subject. If you want to reply on here with the case number, then I can pick up the case in the morning and assign it to the relevant person. Many thanks
      • June 23, 2020
        Nyfolk Nigel, I have created a care ticket. The number is CAS-114126-V5B7Y8. Thank you!
        • June 23, 2020
        Nigel67 I have your ticket and will pass it on to someone who can help.
        • June 24, 2020
        slaterweezer Hi Nigel, I have the same issue today! If there is anyway at all you can help I would most appreciate it! My case number is: CAS-118452-P7M5G1
        • ·
        • July 8, 2020
        Nigel67 Hi slaterweezer, I have picked up your case. I think it is the same issue as Nyfolk which means having to change the internal battery. I will confirm this with a colleague in the morning and e-mail you back.
        • July 8, 2020
    • Nyfolk
      tomex Hi Nigel, I have the same Issue with my M5000. Changed the Battery. Still get the "Serial Information Mismatch". I guess this is a very common problem once you loose the backup battery. For this "vintage" equipment, it would be great to have a general solution published :-)
      • December 28, 2021
  • New
    liquidhologram777
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-23

I know you can loop your delayed signal on the original Flashback x4 but I can't seem to be able to on the 2x4. Did they most regrettably get rid of this amazing feature with the new and improved model? Or is it user error and I'm doing it wrong?

read more...
    0 4
    • liquidhologram777
      WilliamR Hello, William from musictribe here. When we added the feature of adding a second storage bank, we had to sacrifice the loop delay switch and move the loop function to the selector knob to place the new bank switch in. This, unfortunately, sacrificed the ability to record the delay to a loop.
      • December 23, 2021
    • liquidhologram777
      liquidhologram777

Thank you for the fast response and solid logical/technical explanation William, I appreciate that. It may not seem like much but that's actually a BIG DEAL. In fact that's one of the key features that I selected the Flashback2x4 over many other delay looper pedals on the market. When I was doing research there are only a few videos out there for FB2x4 but several for the FBx4 showing people looping the delayed signal and everything out there made the 2x4 seem to be the same thing only with more features and more tone print slots, not less of anything not a single product video mentioned loosing any key features.... I don't want to have to only loop my bypassed signal I want to get a rhythm going with one of those beautiful bouncy delays in that giant box and loop it! If I cant do that it makes the looper mode useless to me as I still need another delay pedal in my chain ahead of it to not sound dry... that's kind of a design flaw and I may as well stick to using my computer for loops I was hoping this would allow me to loop without the computer and perform with only hardware If I had realized this I probably would have gone with the Flashback Triple Delay instead and just use a dedicated looper as I still need 2 pedals to be able to loop my delayed signal. I understand from a marketing standpoint you don't ever want to mention that the new version is missing something or has lost features, but I do feel that I was not presented with all the information I needed to make the most informed decision, so instead of feeling super satisfied with my purchase I am left feeling like I could have made a better choice, and at the end of the day may have purchased the more expensive model (better for you) and been super satisfied with it (better for me), with that said I still really like the pedal and I do think it sounds great, I like all the user presets and customizability, stereo and midi are all features I will use so its not like I have buyers remorse, I just wish it did the other thing I bought it to do. Just thought I would let you know my perspective to consider when making technical and design choices in the future also the biggest improvement any company can do to a looper is the ability to quantize loop start and stop to the tap tempo or external MIDI world clock so your loops perfectly sync with the DAW, synth, or rest of the bands loopers. If you could loop your delayed signal and have it locked in with other hardware/software in use this pedal would be ABSOULTLY PERFECT! I understand that's asking a lot and may not be possible for the size or without costing significantly more, but I don't think you will regret moving in that direction next. Thank you for your time and assistance.

• December 23, 2021
  • New
    HKI22
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-17

Hi,

in August this year I bought an Plethora X5 2nd Hand from a Person in Germany. (I’m living in Germany too) The newest Firmware was installed. 

The unit worked well since then at Gigs and Rehaersals . At first with the 4 cable method using my Bluguitar Amp1.

Two weeks ago, during a Rehearsal the Volume of the Amp reduces without any influence, just from one second to another and when trying to switch a plethora effect, the volume remains low and the plethora produces crackling noises. I unplugged the cables from Plethora to the amp and the Amp switched back to the original volume.

Shortly after a Restart the same issue occurs.

I changed the cables and put it in the normal way to the effects loop of the amp.

For some time this was ok, until the same error came up again and is now continuously, even after actualizing the Firmware and Factory Reset. 

It's a strange error. 

It seems, the plethora doesn’t like loud Guitar Riffs. Each time I play the guitar louder, the volume of the plethora decreases with a crackling noise. Softly tapping to the cable or the casing starts the normal volume again for some seconds, bevor the crackling continues.

So, has anybody any Idea ?

Because of the 2nd Hand Buy i have no Original Bill. Where could I get it repaired?

Greetings

Helmut

read more...
    0 27
    • HKI22
      WilliamR Hello, William from musictribe here. Sorry for the delayed response. Could you click the support tab above and create a tech support case. Someone will contact you asap. It would also be helpful to provide a video clip of this happening for us to review.
      • December 21, 2021
    • HKI22
      HKI22

Hi William, in the meantime i'm in contact to one of your colleagues (Nicolas) . I don't think it is a problem, I can solve. If you guess me, I should re-solder all the points on the circuit board, it's no problem for me. Otherwhile I need an Service point Adress for a repair.

• December 22, 2021
  • New
    sdanjou
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-20

I recently bought a brand new hall of fame 2 mini and really liked the default factory setup, it was some kind of a Hall Reverb with a Shimmer associated to the MASH function that was lovely.

I decided to try some toneprints with the application but at the end I decided to go back to the default configuration so I loaded the "Default" toneprint, my surprise was that this was not even near to the factory setup, even the Mash function did nothing, I tryed also Toneprint 1 & 2 setups but again this is not the setup that came with my unit from factory.

Have any of you experienced the same? Any help to recover the factory setup?

Thanks in advance to all and kind regards

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    ajcunha1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-18

Just boutght these devices from Sweetwater along with TC ICON Docking Station it lights up but in Studion One. \

Comes up with a message to activate this plugin and enable controls. Please connect your TC 2290 Module or enter your activation Code using the iLok Manager. Never received the iLok Code for these two products. I do however have iLok account. 

read more...
    0 12
  • New
    Chappellj
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-01

Good morning,

I just purchased a Plethora X5 and it is fantastic.  The sounds and effects are beyond anything I have had before.  I have watched a lot of the videos and I have no complaints, everything operates just like it should.  Firmware updates are easy and the TonePrint app is amazing.  It is a great edition to my TC Helicon Harmony V100.

I was wondering if there would be plans to add external Midi sync, so that an external drum machine can sync with the Looper like the Ditto X4 and Flashback X4 can.  It would be an awesome feature as that is the only thing I am not currently able to do with this pedal.

I appreciate all of the support for this and other TC projects, especially with all of the worldwide supply chain issues and the effects of Covid on the workplace.  Keep up the good work.  Joel

read more...
    0 22
    • Chappellj
      TC-Mike Hi Joel, sorry for the late reply and thank you for the kind words . Midi Sync for al time-based Fx and for the Looper are high on the feature request list for the Plethora X5 but there is unfortunately no timeframe avalable.at this point.
      . Best regards and stay safe, Mike
      • December 10, 2021
  • New
    madman171
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-07

Hello Musictribe and tc electronic team,

can you tell me if the System6000 Licences execept the System6000 Integrator are running with an MKI System?

0 10
  • New
    MichaelMeche
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-12-02

Where do we post to ask for additional effects. An Eq and overdrive would be really nice and really make the X5 special

0 19
    • MichaelMeche
      Nigel67 Hi MichaelMeche. For product enhancement requests, please contact the Technical Team and they will raise your request with the Design Team. They can be contacted by by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Technical Support tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks
      • December 4, 2021
Go to page