Statistics

269,950 members
149,720 posts
  • New
    EuanRichard
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-05

Hi, I just have a quick and simple question - will there be any more updates to the Plethora X5?

I've seen hundreds of recent posts clamouring for more frequent updates - as originally promised to customers as part of their purchase - that would continue to turn the Plethora into a true "Multi-FX" pedal. However I can't find any communication at all on this issue, and no updates for over a year now.

Is there any roadmap or timeline here, or have the promises been abandoned?

Thanks

read more...
    2 23
    • EuanRichard
      CSurieux I fear it's dead for more important updates :(
      • November 5, 2021
    • EuanRichard
      BibsJ I am editing my post to echo the OP. It would be nice to know. Either way it's a good device if you can find one used for a decent price.
      • November 5, 2021
    • EuanRichard
      BibsJ Hi TC Folks, any updates?
      • November 14, 2021
    • EuanRichard
      EuanRichard

Yes please, TC.

I love TC Electronics gear and have spent hundreds over the years... but if promises get broken like this, and worst off you won't even reply honestly to the question... all I can do is throw it all in the bin, and advise everyone never to buy anything TC again.

• November 14, 2021
    • EuanRichard
      John-PierreConq

No updates for over a year and no responses to any emails in just as long. I'd say they've abandoned this project already.

• November 15, 2021
  • New
    Tergonzaga30
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-12

Hi, I would like to ask if there is any damage or circuit protection for polytune 3? I mistakenly connected my 9v center negative psu to output my polytune.

0 11
    • Tergonzaga30
      Dale_M

Hi there, protection diodes associated with the dc supply so it should be ok, however we would advise you do not make a habit of it and always check which PSU you are connecting. ! I hope this puts your mind at ease.

• November 12, 2021
  • New
    jmann88
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-06

Hi all. 

I've only had the x5 for a few days and trying to incorporate it into my pedal board but have run into problems that are very disconcerting. I'm running my guitar >Wah>Tuner>Ricochet>fuzz and from fuzz into the input of the x5. From the send of x5 into the input of my JVM 400JS. From the JVM's FX send to the return of the x5 loop. Then finally from the mono out of the x5 to an analog delay, a Deco and finally back to the return of the amp. 

Ok, that's out of the way. Now here is my main problem and I'm almost certain it's user error. My JVM foot controller has 6 switches of which the first 4 switch the 4 channels and each channel has 3 modes that are also foot switchable. So switching from channel 1-4 and through each of the 3 modes *without* the effects loop engaged works as it should.  All the effects pre the amp input work as they should. It's only when I engage the effects loop eg the x5, delay and deco where the amp's foot switch no longer works and cycling through the channels and modes there is no difference. All I get is a clean tone with effects. 

I know this is a longish post but this is one of the reasons I've given up on previous multi effects boxes. It is frustrating in the sense that what I thought would be a simpler and space saving solution from the AxeFx and other boxes I've had is just as complicated. 

Thanks for reading and any help would be appreciated. 

read more...
    1 16
    • jmann88
      PedroRodrigues Hi jmann88, thank you for your post, in this case I would first suggest to confirm if you are running your PLETHORA X5 on the latest firmware version 1.2, to access any of the necessary resources for this process please follow the link below: https://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic/product?modelCode=P0D9M
      For the set up you have described, I would suggest checking the video on the link below that will help you on the set up process:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ-mqY7k5k0

The link below will also be extremely helpful offering numerous set up procedures for your PLETHORA X5, please see below:
      https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/tc-helicon-plethora-x5-quickstart-guide/
      It may also be useful to check the JVM Tutorials on programming your Footswitch, for that please follow the link below:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxiU6boCt28

If you still have any issues, doubts of concerns we will be more than happy to help you further on this matter, please follow the link below to submit an assistance request directly with our Tech. Support Team so we can assist you with more tools. https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new ticket?type=Technical%20Support&brand=TCElectronic

Thank you
      • November 7, 2021
    • jmann88
      jmann88

Pedro, sent a long winded post and don’t think it got through. Briefly, I isolated the x5 and used it exclusively in the amps FX loop. After a brief user error I got some sweet sounds and the amp footswitch worked as it should. However, still got no sound when I ran and ARDX20 and Deco between the amp loop send and x5 inputs. Baby steps :)

• November 8, 2021
    • jmann88
      Thebigdipper This could be one of the most common mistakes people make with MFX pedals and 4CM use. I've done it on an HX FX and I've done it on the X5. Is the FX loop turned on in the X5 board? If not, you'll be missing out on the signal chain and amplifier preamp tones and just getting the sounds that are sent back into the amplifier FX return. Hope it is, coz that's easy to fix for you! :-)
      • November 11, 2021
  • New
    Pigpang
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-07

Hello. I have a product called e.q station and  port ch1 to ch6 do not boot it up. But the ch7 and ch8 is booting up. What should I do to boot ch1 to ch6 as normal?

0 29
    • Pigpang
      PedroRodrigues Hi, Pigpang, thank you for your post, to recall a Channel you must press to initiate Recall operations. EQ station operates with both individual Channel presets and global Scene presets.
      You should also check the Channel presets where all information for a full channel setup is stored.
      By default, a preset folder is created in the folder where the Editor is installed.
      The default installation folder is: C:/Program Files/TC Electronic/EQ Station However, presets folders can be created on any location on your hard disk.
      Please also consider that System parameters are not stored with presets.
      These parameters can be stored by performing a System backup.
      The System backup feature is accessed via the Setup page.
      If this does not work I would suggest performing a System Reset.
      To set your unit to default settings please Press OK and confirm to recall factory default settings.
      Parameters in the Network and Device menu are NOT recalled/reset and presets are also kept.
      Thank you
      • November 8, 2021
    • Pigpang
      Pigpang

Thank you for you to replying me.
      However I can not connect the PC and EQ station. Is anything I hove to install beside EQ station v2.30?

• November 13, 2021
  • New
    Jaxson612
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-06

Is there a way to reset the panel to factory specs? Regardless of which Tom print a load there's pretty significant modulation being added to it… Thanks

1 24
  • New
    jmann88
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-07

Jfc....I've got a Plethora of grievances with said pedal and this site. This is the clunkiest, slowest and most awkward of brand based sites I've ever encountered. I can't believe TCE has fallen this low. I've had many of your pedals and now with the Plethora it's like you've abandoned your base. Get a fucking grip guys. I know you're controlled by a marketing conglomerate but jeesus, have some self respect. 

read more...
    2 5
  • New
    Virtanen
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-05

Hi,

What are the supported PCMCIA cards for System 6000? 

0 4
    • Virtanen
      PedroRodrigues Hi Virtanen, thank you for your post, SYSTEM 6000 will work with a variety of PCMCIA CARDS but we advise to use a brand called PRETEC . Than you
      • November 5, 2021
  • New
    Meaw
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-04

Hi, 

My system 6000 just crashed and it asked for a restore code.  Please find attached the restore key and the serial number for my unit is 287725.

Please get back with the restore code as soon as you can.  I'm in the middle of finishing up the mix for an album.

Cheers,

Meaw

read more...
    0 7
    • Meaw
      NicJonesMT Hi Meaw.
      Please click support at the top of the page and submit a technical support ticket. We can then assist you with the code.
      • November 4, 2021
  • New
    PatrickTR1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-30

Hi - can you take a look at this short vid and tell me what is wrong with my setup

It's a Windows 10 64 bit set up - the software is all up to date.

I have reinstalled the latest firmware to the Pletora unit & and I have re-downloaded the latest Toneprint software.  

https://www.screencast.com/t/wkRqaC80BJ

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Thanks.

Patrick.

read more...
    0 19
    • PatrickTR1
      NicJonesMT Hi PatrickTR1. Thank you for the video, I've watched it and think the best option would be to submit a tech support ticket (Click Support at the top of the page).

Can you please provide the following in your ticket (Along with your video link) and we can then hit the ground running to try and get this sorted.

1 - Please confirm the exact Toneprint app version you are using .
      2 - Please confirm the Firmware version on the Plethora (we need the version number).
      3 - Can you confirm the Windows Build and Version you are using (Found in "About your PC").
      4 - Please check all drivers and bios for your computer are up to date.
      5 - Have you tested on an alternative computer.
      6 - How are you connecting the Plethora to your computer.
      7 - If using USB, please confirm if you have tried connecting to a USB 2.0 Port directly to your computers Motherboard (Avoid any Hubs and adapters where possible).
      8 - Have you performed a Factory Reset.
      • October 31, 2021
      • Struggling when creating a new board on TC Electronic Plethora X5
        PatrickTR1 Ok thanks Nic - I'll do that.
        • October 31, 2021
  • New
    fx2tz1209
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-24

Hi,

i would like to work with my old M2000 via sysex commands.  However, the only documention on that topic, available from TC, is for the M3000.

https://mediadl.musictribe.com/download/software/tcelectronic/tc_electronic_m3000_midi_sysex_specifications.pdf

I would be interrested in how the implementation for the two units differs.

Example preset request to the M3000 (from the PDF above)
    0xF0       Sysex start
    0x00       TC Electronics ID
    0x20
    0x1F
    0x00       Device ID (can be set on the unit itself)
    0x42       M3000 model ID
    0x45       SYXTYPE_PRESETREQUEST
    [0x00 | 0x01 | 0x02]        Single engine 1, Single engine 2, Dual
    <Preset MSB>                preset number
    <Preset LSB>
    0x0F   Sysex end

Considering the sysex request :
    1. Can i assume that the request from the M3000 will also work with an M2000, since both units are very similar ?
    2. I don't know about the model ID of the M2000, which has to be put into the request code (see above).
        Does anybody has this information ?
    3. Same questions 1,2 for the TC Reverb 4000

I would very much appreciate any info!

Thanks, Frank

read more...
    0 14
    • fx2tz1209
      PedroRodrigues Hi fx2tz1209 the information on this matter was provided via the case you have submitted directly to us, if you require any more assistance on this matter please reply to my last E-mail sent on this case . Thank you
      • October 28, 2021
Go to page