Statistics

233,962 members
109,559 posts
  • New
    Ltdec1000
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-30

First off I love my Quintessence, the harmony tracking is fantastic! And all of the user adjustable features are awesome to have, makes pedal mods obsolete!

However there is one issue I'm having with the momentary bypass. If I have any of the three toneprint options selected AND I use the momentary bypass, the bypassed signal is very poor quality, like really lo-fi. If I switch from the toneprint options to the stock options it works fine.

Could this be a firmware thing? I checked for firmware when I got it.

Thanks!

read more...
    0 41
    • Ltdec1000
      PedroRodrigues Hi C Duffy, is your pedal running the latest firmware version Version 1.0.01??
      Please confirm that to set the bypass mode, you proceed as follows:
      • Disconnect the pedal and turn it on its back
      • Unscrew the back plate of the pedal and look for the two-small dip-switches in the upper left corner.
      • The upper DIP switch (the one closer to the power in jack), switches between True Bypass mode (default) and Buffered Bypass mode.
      • Set the DIP switch to the desired position.
      • Remount the back-plate.
      • November 2, 2020
    • Ltdec1000
      Ltdec1000 Just tried updating firmware last night, the updater progress bar never reached 100%, but the updated status said "successful". I didn't disconnect any cables when changing the bypass mode(inside the pedal.) I'll give it another go this evening. Thanks
      • November 2, 2020
    • Ltdec1000
      judas Hi Ltdec1000. Did anything worked. Bought 2 Quintessence and momentary mode output dirty sound when in TP1 TP2 or TP3. No mean to have answer to that ?! Realy poor support.
      • Feb 28
  • New
    JackSimmons1999
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-25

Can anyone help 

My TC electronic X4 looper is showing all orange lights. 

I fear its a software issue 

Can anyone send me a copy of the software, or suggest somewhere i could get it? 

0 41
    • JackSimmons1999
      WilliamR Hello Jack, The firmware you are looking for is in this link. Version 1.3.0.0
      • Feb 25
    • JackSimmons1999
    • JackSimmons1999
      WilliamR Firmware Update Procedure.
      The procedure requires a PC with a standard USB Interface and the specified DC power supply.

Do following steps before you start the firmware update application on your PC:
      1. Unplug all cables from the pedal.
      2. Connect the pedal to a PC with the USB cable.
      3. Press and hold the LOOP1 footswitch on the pedal.
      4. Insert the DC power supply plug.
      5. When the LOOP1 footswitch LED turns from Orange to Off, release the footswitch.
      6. When all four LEDs turn green the pedal is ready to be connected via USB.

Now your PC will recognize the pedal which is ready to receive a new firmware:
      7. Launch the firmware update application.
      8. (STEP1) Select the pedal in the combo box (see note).
      9. (STEP2) Press the update button when it turns green.
      10. Wait for the progress bar to reach 100% and for the pedal to automatically restart.

Note: You should select "USB Audio Device", if you use Windows XP.

Trouble Shooting:
      - Please quit any MIDI related application on your PC.
      • Feb 25
      • Bricked TC X4 Looper
        JackSimmons1999 Hi William, The pedal was bought second hand. It did not come with the internal SD card. I've since purchased one, and have followed the instructions found on this YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRkUIDxwyik
        • Feb 26
      • Bricked TC X4 Looper
        JackSimmons1999 this method wasn't successful, I was wondering if you had any further tips?
        • Feb 26
    • JackSimmons1999
      WilliamR Hello Jack, the card should not have been missing. Not sure why the customer removed it. If you flashed the card successfully like in the video, I would try spraying the slot with some contact cleaner. I also believe the sd card should be formatted to fat32 as well.
      • Feb 26
  • New
    ruezz
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-01-24

Hello,

This might come across as a dumb question, but can someone please tell me the original actual cabinets that the cab sim options on the X5 are supposed to be simulating?

I see the list of cab sims, but as a novice, I would love to know what style of cabs these are supposed to be simulating. 

Jose 30, Vintage, Creamy, 65, Greenery, Bluey, Golden?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 57
    • ruezz
      PedroRodrigues Hi ruezz please be aware that the new 1.2 firmware offers NEW CAB SIMS.
      This update added 9 new speaker cab simulations using a proprietary method, unique to Plethora X5. These cab sims let you transform your pedalboard into a DI ready rig for connection to a PA or recording interface.

• Jose 30 4x12
      • Vintage 4x12
      • Creamy 4x12
      • 65 4x12
      • Greenery 4x12
      • Bluey 2x12
      • Creamy 1x12
      • Golden 1x12
      • BASS 1x15

This is a GLOBAL setting and the CAB SIM will always be on, at the end of Plethora’s signal chain, whilst activated. To select a cab model and activate/deactivate, navigate to SETTINGS > GLOBAL > PRODUCT SETTINGS > CAB SIMULATION
      • Jan 25
    • ruezz
      ruezz Pedro, Thanks for the reponse. But I have already located the Cab Sims, i wanted to know what each setting is based off of. Fendder Open back? Marshall? Mesa Boogie? Celsestion Speakers? etc.
      • Feb 21
  • New
    TC Electronic
    Triber Moderator
    2021-02-05

TC ICON DOCK
    http://bit.ly/TC-Electronic-TC-ICON-DOCK

Dock, power and connect TC Electronic ICON Series hardware controllers such as TC2290-DT, DVR 250-DT, Master X HD-DT and PEQ 3000-DT in one flexible unit with a small footprint.

List Price: $179

#TCElectronic #TCICONDOCK #ComputerAudio #DesktopController #ICONSeries

read more...
    2 94
    • TC Electronic
      yann_ Waiting for a vid of this it kind of looks cool but doesn't seem like they've put a lot of thought in it there's more icon tools than u can fit in this... what will I have to do with the other ones it should fit them all... the 2290, 8210, 1210 Dvr250, master X hddt, brickwall, hddt, peq3000 and dyn3000. Let's hope Tc electronic is smart enough to offer different sizes...
      • Feb 19
      • TC Electronic New Product Release: TC ICON DOCK
        PedroRodrigues Hi Yann please consider that for now this is the only size we will offer and please consider that this dock must share the space on a studio with other units therefor we have selected this size to allow just that. Thank you
        • Feb 24
  • New
    stevecon115
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-18

Hi

I'm having issues with the software and Flashback2 pedal. If I edit a template on my laptop using the on screen sliders/dials I can hear the parameters change as expected. The physical selector is set to one of the available toneprint slots. However when I try to save the modified template, I am asked for a name and when I click save all the settings change to whatever the physical position of the knob on the pedal is set at. For example suppose I change delay1 to 580ms but the physical delay knob is at 300ms then the template saves the 300ms setting. I also noticed when I load a template from the library to one of the slots it also changes the settings to whatever the pedals physical setting are, I assume this is not correct and the toneprint slots should not be affected by the knobs otherwise the whole point of creating and saving presets is pointless. Any help would be appreciated.

Update I think I have figured out how to solve this, but I will leave the post in case someone else has the same issue. I cant find a user manual for the latest version of the editor and there is no mention of this in the one I have so this might just be a workaround rather than what should be done. So I would still appreciate some feedback. If I open the mapping tab and unassign all the knobs I can then save my the edited template. Is this the intended method?

read more...
    0 21
    • stevecon115
      PedroRodrigues Hi, please follow the link below to access the TONEPRINT APP 2.0
      https://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic/product?modelCode=P0CLC
      This is the last version available any new tools available on the new updates are present on the release notes on each respective version.
      Please consider that if you are referring to the fact that you have open a template and only after making any change on the template you will be able to save it, that is effectively the procedure on the TonePrint Editor. Thank you
      • Feb 19
    • stevecon115
      TC-Mike THi Steve, this is expected behavior. You store the range and the function of the pot meters and not a fixed preset value. The pots of the pedal and the app buffer are not in sync, so after storing a TonePrint to a memory location of the pedal it will load with the physical pot meter positions and the values to match. You can use the pedal pots to set the values in the Tp app to have them in sync while editing, but how the setting loads when the app is not connected will be set by the pot meter position alone.
      • Feb 19
  • New
    Naldos
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-02-17

is there any info on the editor as i am having a great deal of trouble with simple things like moving a board to a location of my choice.

The board wont move nothing happens is there some some sort of set up command in settings that i am missing?i have a lot of fine editing that has been lost causing me many hours of problems.Ilove hte sounds but if i cant use it? please help

thank you Don Mackenzie

read more...
    0 46
    • Naldos
      WilliamR Hello Naldos, The quickest way would be to open the Plethora in the tone print app and drag the pedalboard to the locations you want. After you make the moves in the Toneprint editor, be sure to click store in board.
      • Feb 17
      • plethora x5
        Naldos Thank you William I found that the problem was simpler.I had changed the connection lead that came with the unit for a longer one for ease of working and there were certain things it just wouldn't do like in depth editing and even just moving songs around on the board.When I changed it back everything worked again!.... also when changing board from one position to another you want have to save the plethora sees it and moves it to the pedal accordingly.Thanks for your reply I appreciate it.Don
        • Feb 17
  • New
    DavidSeifert
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-13

Hi, how do I go about purchasing 2 new replacement knobs for a HoF 2x4 reverb unit? Thanks David

0 31
    • DavidSeifert
      RexBeckett Hi David, I suggest that you open a Care ticket for this.

At the top of this page, click Support then scroll down the new page and select Parts. Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit. The Care team will respond by email.
      • Feb 13
  • New
    MikeSwift
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-09

I know it is an older discontinued unit.  What is the latest firmware update for d-two and how do I download it?

0 39
    • MikeSwift
      PedroRodrigues Hi MikeSwift, please be aware that the latest Firmware available for the D-TWO is version 1.05 that you can access by following the link below:

https://wsi.li/dl/ZuFzNAsMKKZfaBF3R/
      • Feb 9
    • MikeSwift
      MikeSwift Are there instructions to update the firmware? The manual doesn't have any instructions
      • Feb 11
    • MikeSwift
      PedroRodrigues Hi Mike, please be aware that the MIDI information that you transfer during the upload, is in the so-called SysEx format. It's a sort of binary code, that can cary system information. Thus, the MIDI code IS the software.
      The upload procedure requires a PC with a standard MIDI Interface, and an application capable of sending .syx files, for instance the freeware application MIDI-OX, which is available from the MIDI-OX website.
      Your existing user presets should not be affected by the update, but we suggest that you make a safety backup as described in the user manual.
      Important: before starting the upload procedure, please quit any MIDI related application on your PC, other than MIDI-OX.
      Connect the PC MIDI-Out to the D-Two MIDI-In socket.
      Press and hold the EDIT and "Arrow Up" keys during power up to enter the service menu.
      The D-Two display will read: "D-TWO 1.06 FRONT 1.6Dial the wheel and choose "Download DSP code
      Press the ENTER key to confirm. The display will now read "Downloading code" and "000" in the upper right corner.
      Start MIDI-OX. Choose view/sysex. In the sysex window, choose send sysex, and browse to select the D-Two .syx file, and press ok.
      You should now see the D-Two numerical display counting as well as a progress bar on your PC screen.
      Important: after the upload has finished, you MUST wait (up to 1 minute) until the D-Two display reads "D-TWO 1.06 FRONT 1.6" again.
      Reboot ("POWER" off/on) the D-Two using the front panel Power switch. During startup, the D-Two will now read ">D Two version 1.05<".
      You have now successfully uploaded the new application software to your D-Two.
      Troubleshooting: after otherwise successful load, the D-Two does not go back to "D-TWO 1.06 FRONT 1.6": Reboot the D-Two and retry load procedure.
      Error 9: Reboot the D-Two and retry load procedure.
      Error 1: Reboot the D-Two and retry load procedure.
      In case of persistent errors, disconnect the power cable to the D-Two for 10 seconds, then connect it again and retry the upload procedure.
      If error persists even after the power has been removed, the D-Two MIDI speed may have been set wrongly.
      Enter the service menu as described above.
      Choose the menu item "Change MIDI speed ?", and press ENTER.
      If the display does not read "MIDI speed: 31250 * ", then press "BYPASS" to make this text appear; then press ENTER to confirm.
      Reboot the D-Two and retry the upload procedure.
      • Feb 11
  • New
    eguia
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-10

Hello 

I am interested in the VSS3, MD3 and DVR2 native plugins I a have my licences from the all PowerCore unit.

Do i have any discounts o crosgrade on the licences of these products ? and

How Can I buy the licences for these products? Can I do it from your web?

thanks

read more...
    0 62
  • New
    bloodtohead
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-05

I purchased a vicious vibe pedal off of eBay. Programming it to my guitar doesn't seem to make much difference. Once I beam the sound to the pickup the stumble turns red after it says it worked. Shouldn't it turn green if it was a successful beam. Please let me know if it is working correctly or it may be not working right. 

read more...
    0 27
    • bloodtohead
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi bloodtohead, yes that would be correct. If at any point during the beaming process the LED flashes red this means the process has failed. Here are a few things you may want to try:

Ensure the pedal is on the latest firmware version, firmware updates will be available from the product page on the website.
      If you are currently using a phone to beam the Toneprint try attempting this from the Toneprint editor for PC and MAC and see if it works this way.
      If using a guitar or bass with active pickups ensure your tone knob is turned all the way down (so that the treble is completely rolled off). The preamp in active pickups can introduce a slight bit of distortion to the beamed signal, which can cause the beaming process to fail.
      • Feb 7
    • bloodtohead
      TC-Mike red Led indicates that transfer didn't work. Please make also sure that there are no active FX prior to VV pedal, as this will alter the beaming file unreadable . Can you confirm that you have selected a TP slot when beaming?
      • Feb 8
Go to page