Statistics

233,962 members
109,559 posts
  • New
    pwmcmaho
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-02-03

Is anyone else experiencing an issue where if you change the value of an effect in the Tone Print editor (say the delay time), when you save it (with the Plethora connected via USB), it reverts back to the original settings for the effect?

However, if you change it on the Plethora (and watch it change in the Tone Print editor) and save it, it is saved.

I am using the latest Tone Print software (4.4.03) and Plethora X5 Firmware (1.2.18) to the best of my knowledge.

It does this for every effect, change something, tweak away on the Tone Print editor and then BAM all your changes and tweaks gone.  Angry! :-)

Patrick

read more...
    0 52
    • pwmcmaho
      TC-Mike when you store the TonePrint in your Plethora and load it without the app the potmeter positions on the board will set the parameters and NOT the value you set in the app at the time of saving unless you used the pots on the pedal to adjust the modifiers , so app and pedal are in sync at the time of saving. Please remember that you are not making a preset , but customize the functions of the pedal including value arnges.... With regards to delay time there are some strategies you can use when you want to have your delay tonePrint use a specific tempo in ms :
      1) eg map delaytime value to 12 o'clock (mid) postion of the potmeter (mapping page) and consider setting curve point 2 + 4 to same value , so it is easy to dial in this specific tempo by roughly setting pot to 12 o'clock possition
      2) Once you stored your TonePrint on the board, set the potmeters on pedal to correct values in EDIT mode before switching board or diting other slot TonePrints and it will be auto-stored on the board (FB2 slot)

Best regards; Mike
      • Feb 4
      • Issues saving TonePrint changes from computer (Mac) to the Plethora X5
        pwmcmaho Thanks TC-Mike for the response... I am totally confused by something.

Two questions:

1. How can I create and audition Toneprints with my X5? Whenever I pick a pedal in the Tone Print Editor, with my X5 connected via USB and in edit mode, so I can audition the changes, when I go to save the tone print, it is always reverted to the settings on the X5....

2. When I pick a stored Tone Print in the Editor, for example a User Tone Print, and select store in board, the Tone Print in the Editor is updated with whatever the settings are in the board... that seems completely backwards! Again in that scenario, the board is in edit mode and connected via USB.

Something in my understanding of the workflow just does not make sense.

In a nutshell, I just simply want to dial in my exact settings in the Tone Print editor, while auditioning them to make sure they sound correct and then store them in the Tone Print Editor and put them into a specific slot on a board. However that seems completely not possible with the basic workflow that I am using....

Thanks!

Patrick
        • Feb 7
  • New
    papahorse2004
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-29

HI all,

First, I am digging the X5.  Love being able to stack multiple reverbs and delays for incredible sounds.  However, I do have an issue when trying to add toneprints to a board.  When I use the app on my iPhone to send the toneprint to the X5, it displays the message that the toneprint was sent.  However, the toneprint does not show up on the board.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

read more...
    0 35
    • papahorse2004
      TC-Mike Hi, which version of the TonePrint app and firmware are you using? are you trying to store an artist ToenPrint or a custom TonePrint Template with edited parameters/mappings.? When you modify any Template and store it you will also store the TonePrint in the app Please check wether your stored TonePrint is shown under the user TonePrint view of the app.? Are you using BT connection or USB via a camera connection kit to connect to app? best regards, Mike
      • Feb 1
  • New
    Dbmeinc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-22

Man, I’m having the worst time with a brand new Nova system. Right now, as I type, I’m looking at the new unit frozen on the startup screen. I’ve hard booted it several times, same thing. I like the box but I’m going to have to remove it from my board. I can’t depend on it. Even when I finish soundcheck and walk back out on stage to do the show, it freezes in the middle of a song!!! OMG!!! Sorry TC but I need a solid resolution or this thing becomes a boat anchor! Anyone else experience this? Any advice?

read more...
    0 47
    • Dbmeinc
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. For this issue, I recommend you contact our technical support directly. Click on Support at the top of the page, then submit a support ticket.
      • Jan 22
      • Nova System Freezes!!!!
        Dbmeinc Thanks Kyle, I appreciate the reply. I already have a support ticket on this but nothing’s happening. I just spent a large part of the week wiring up my board with the Nova System. I have 2 gigs this weekend and more coming up. We’re about to get busy and I’m afraid to take it out. It’s failed me since the day I got it. Froze up on startup, froze up in the middle of a show! Man, it’s a mess! If you have the authority to move this along, I’d appreciate it. Thanks again for the direction.
        Del
        • Jan 22
      • Nova System Freezes!!!!
        KyleJohnson It looks like one of my colleagues responded to your case already. Did you receive the email? Double check your spam/junk email inbox.
        • Jan 22
    • Dbmeinc
      Dbmeinc I’ve looked in my email, junk, spam and cannot find the email from you guys. I did see an auto response but that’s it. Please resend.
      Thanks
      • Jan 27
    • Dbmeinc
      Dbmeinc Found the email. Thanks
      • Jan 27
  • New
    jojo7mr
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-26

The light that indicates that the reverb is engaged comes on when you push the engage button even though no cable is attached to line in. Shouldn't the light come on only when a cable is plugged into line in? Is my pedal malfunctioning?

0 42
    • jojo7mr
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi jojo7mr, this is standard operation for the HoF along with our other pedals and is not considered a sign your unit is malfunctioning.
      • Jan 26
  • New
    bomei
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-26

Hi, I loaded Mac Firmware fror Ditto + from TC Electronic site.

It will not install saying "not a verified developer"

what can I do to use the Firmware? I understand it is needed to import/export soundfiles from/to the Ditto +

thanks!

read more...
    0 60
    • bomei
      WilliamR Hello Bomei, William from music tribe here. Open a Mac app from an unidentified developer
      If you try to open an app that isn’t registered with Apple by an identified developer, you get a warning dialog.
      This doesn’t necessarily mean that something’s wrong with the app. For example, some apps were written before developer ID registration began. However, the app has not been reviewed, and macOS can’t check whether the app has been modified or broken since it was released.

To override your security settings and open the app anyway follow these steps:

In the Finder on your Mac, locate the app you want to open.

Don’t use Launchpad to do this. Launchpad doesn’t allow you to access the shortcut menu.

Control-click the app icon, then choose Open from the shortcut menu.

Click Open.

The app is saved as an exception to your security settings, and you can open it in the future by double-clicking it just as you can any registered app.

Note: You can also grant an exception for a blocked app by clicking the Open Anyway button in the General pane of Security & Privacy preferences. This button is available for about an hour after you try to open the app.
      • Jan 26
  • New
    CSurieux
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-25

Hi,

I hope the next firmware will be soon, in beg march would be great, because after I receive another multi-effects linux engine to test and PX5 could suffer. without noticeable improvements (global tempo, ext clock sync, etc.).
    I hope this new firmware will bring the feature I suggest :  for each board, all the pedals which use the exp pedal could display the % they use rather than a simple pedal picture.
    To make it simple, let's say that the % should replace the picture as soon as the exp is pressed, but if you can read the exp position on board activation, it's better.

Concerning the Volume, the % should be displayed in the area where it is applied.

Please vote for this.

Thanks.

read more...
    2 74
  • New
    PaoloTrulli
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-22

Is there any ready to use setting for acoustic guitar?

What would be the best settings for both fingerstyle and strumming.

Thanks

0 44
    • PaoloTrulli
      WilliamR Hello PaoloTrulli, William from musictribe here. I would start out by experimenting with the toneprint FullbandComp1. This toneprint has a wider range that works well for acoustic guitar. Tweek it in the toneprint editor to fit your particular needs.
      • Jan 22
      • Hypergravity Toneprint for acoustic guitar
        PaoloTrulli Thanks I will follow your suggestion but I can`t belive that nobody already made a toneprint...
        • Jan 23
  • New
    arseny
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-20

Hi friends

Just received a Powecore X8, I bought recently. Unfortunately I can not turn it on.

I've tried it  also with other power cables from my other PoCos, but  there is no blue light on the device and nothing appears in the PoCo software panel.

Was the unit maybe damaged during the transport? I know these are old devices and there is no support, but anyway, is there a TC service in Switzerland? Maybe they still can repair it, if it is something small? Or may I open it and compare if all the wires are looking the same as in my other X8?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 46
    • arseny
      Nigel67 Hi Arseny. Unfortunately we do not have a Service Centre in Switzerland. Please see this link to find our closest one to you https://www.tcelectronic.com/buy.html?type=POS. Or you could try contacting our two local partners (https://www.tcelectronic.com/buy.html?isoCode=CH&type=STORE) and see if they have their own repair shop or know of someone in Switzerland who could take a look at your unit. The issue does look power supply related if the power LED isn't illuminating. Maybe a normal electronics repair shop may be able to take a look at the unit and advise further. Hope this helps.
      • Jan 20
      • Powecore X8 not giving sign of life
        arseny Dear Nigel, many thanks for your quick feedback! Gonna check it with a local electronics repair shop. If they can't help, I'd send it to Germany (closest to me).
        • Jan 21
  • New
    CyDia
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-01-08

Hi!

I am trying in vain to customize a preset on my Brainwaves.

Edit for lisibility:

How can I edit the Wet Levels of the pitch shifter?
    Assigning them to a knob or to the Mash button won't "ungrey" them.

Original message
    Here are my 2 problems :
    1. Basically, I'm taking Preset 2 if I remember well (2 voices pitch shifter) and would like to cut off one of the 2 voices when pressing the Mash button.
    2. I also would like to edit the level of each voice separately.

1. I assigned a Mash function to "Pitch 1- Wet level", set it at the top as default and drop to 0 when engaging the switch.
    The thing is: it doesn't do anything…
    I tried different setups, I can't hear the slightest difference.

2. I can't just edit each voice level as the counters are greyed out, even when de-assigning the Mash button.

Any idea on how to do that?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 51
    • CyDia
      PedroRodrigues Hi, CyDia please be aware that effectively the BRAINWAVES is a dual-voice pitch shifter, the pedal offers slight detune as well as semitone shifts and one or two octaves up or down. The MASH functionality allows classic whammy style octave shifts as well as bidirectional dual-voice shifting on the fly, allowing expression control for some very warped and previous unachievable sounds.
      The 3 TonePrint slots allow you to download custom presets created by world-class artists or craft your own presets using the free TonePrint app.
      Please consider that the FX TYPE knob, select between the 4 pitch effects and TonePrint 1-3 with this knob. See chapter 4.5 for effect descriptions.
      The MASH LED,this will light up when the MASH function is engaged by pressing down firmly on the footswitch. The LED gets brighter as the footswitch receives more pressure, indicating a more intense triggering of the parameter that is assigned to this function.
      The UP/DOWN switches will select whether the associated Voice knob will shift the pitch up or down.
      The VOICE 1/2 knobs will determine the number of semitones each voice is pitch-shifted
      Please note setting both Voice knobs to the ‘Off ‘position will cause the signal to be muted when the pedal is engaged.
      On the case of the MIX knob, it adjusts the balance between the dry and pitch-shifted signal.
      • Jan 12
    • CyDia
      CyDia Hi Pedro!

Thanks for your copy'n'paste but it unfortunately does not answer my question.

Let me rephrase.
      I want to edit a toneprint :
      • 2 voices pitch shifter
      • Set the volume of each voice separately

Problem: Pitch 1 and pitch 2 wet levels are greyed out, cannot edit them.
      Assigning them to Mash won't change anything either.

Thanks!
      • Jan 12
      • Brainwaves Mash+pitch wet level
        PedroRodrigues Hi, CyDia effectively the information above is also available on the manual, as this is a good starting point for any matter. In regard of what you just mentioned , please consider that both voice knobs must always be active in this setting as long as the pedal is engaged and ‘Off’ is not selected, you can set one Voice as a harmony, with Mix ~50% or as a total pitch shift ,Mix fully wet, or set 2 Voices that are always present.
        This can be used to simulate a capo by shifting up a few notes, or detune to play songs in flat or drop tunings, the MASH function will work as a pitch bend up to 3 semitones. Can you please confirm that you are using the latest version of toneprint App. I hope this helps
        • Jan 12
        CyDia Hi Pedro,

Thanks you for your reply. I am using version 4.3.0.0.

What I'd like to do :
        • 2 voices pitch shifter
        • One octave up, volume 50%
        • One octave down, volume 100%

Problem is here : Wet level for both voices cannot be edited. As you can see, it's greyed out.
        Even when I set the mash button to control the wet level, cursor moves but no change in sound.

How do I get it to do that?

My goal would be to have both voices activated as mentionned, and when pressing Mash one of the voices is muted. (So I'd have a descending control curve on Mash)

Thanks!
        • Jan 13
    • CyDia
      CyDia Hi! Any idea?
      • Jan 20
        PedroRodrigues Hi CyDia please consider that brainwaves has a "mix macro that can be enabled to mix V1 and V2 voices at same level, but you can disable this, start with the PITCH template (2 voce classic pitch shifter) disable "Link MIX" . Next you unmap "common mix " parameter and assign the V1 +V2 Wet level to MIX pot or set it to a fixed position, to mute one of the pitch voices (eg V2) via MASH : unassigned the default pitch bend for both voices and set V1 or V2 Wet Level instead Mash can still control 2 other parameters, so he can still have eg V1 bend up or down or control any other 2 parameters with customizes parameter curves each. Please note that when he releases MASH (after having mapped V2 level) the V" wet level won't jump back to the specified "MASH default" BUT to the V" wet level that the pot meter is at ! (which is usually what you want) I hope this helps
        • Jan 21
        CyDia Ah thanks Pedro! This seems to be what I'm looking for, I'll try it as soon as I'm at the studio again !
        • Jan 21
        CyDia Hi Pedro!
        Sorry for the late reply, had to self-isolate, which was even harder without my music gear!

So I tried what you said, thanks for your help!
        It globally works, I could dial the tone I'm after. I'm calling that one Electric Man ! (I'm sure you know the reference)

One thing that I don't understand is that when I disable the Link Mix, as I try to remap the mix knob, the lower part of the curve gives no sound at all (around -25dB).
        I had to make Wet Levels 1 and 2 start there. It's quite a precision game to work only in the top quarter of the graph!

If it can help others, here are my settings to try to sound like Rival Sons' Scott holiday without an octafuzz.
        As Pedro said, start with the Pitch2 template.
        Use the Mash button to cut out the lower octave during solos and lighter parts.
        V1: +12
        V2: -12
        Stack your best fuzz over it!

Thanks Pedro, I appreciate the help!
        • Feb 9
  • New
    abaumann
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-01-19

Any plans to add the ability to do a dry/wet blend with the fx loop send?  This would be very helpful for distortions in the fx loop for synths/basses, as well as deal with the fact that it's a mono send/return from a stereo input (you could mix in dry stereo to a wet mono).  

Also, I know it's not a toneprint pedal, but any plans to add a parametric eq as an effects slot?

read more...
    0 49
    • abaumann
      WilliamR Hello Abaumann, This suggestion has been added to our list for consideration.
      • Jan 19
    • abaumann
      abaumann Thank you! While you are sending over requests about the fx loop - I'd like to throw in that some additional features I'd love to see for that is:
      * a cross over for the send/dry, similar to something like this https://reverb.com/item/31807939-byte-heaven-sc-1-singlecross-crossover-pedal - for example send the highs out to an overdrive and have the ability to mix in the dry lows
      * phase switch on the send/return

Thanks!
      • Jan 20
Go to page