Statistics

182,348 members
51,428 posts
  • 2020-09-21

Folks- I love using my Play Acoustic during gigs, but like much of my unused brain power, I KNOW there's a tonne of unused awesomeness in my Play Acoustic.

My problem is that I'm just not that good at pulling knowledge out of countless YouTube video tutorials (mostly because the instructor spends too much time yapping and I loose my patience, then jump to another video).  
    I'd (and I bet others) spend $$$ to attend a workshop that takes folks who already are comfortable looping and harmonizing, but want to get really hands instruction on from the experts (YOU FOLKS)!

What do you think?

Regards,

Rob

read more...
    0 8
    • Robert Romans
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi Robert Romans, Please be aware that we do have our TC HELICON channel on YOUTUBE that is pretty great but I understand what you mean and to be honest I think is a great Idea but I will forward this idea to management. Thank you
      • Sep 21
  • 2020-09-19

Hi!

I wnat to change the order of the steps in a certain preset...how do I do that? I couldn´t find any answer googling, nor in the manual...maybe you guys knows a trick :)

Thanks in advance!

0 1
    • burnd sneijder
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi Burnd Sneijder, I will gladly assist you on this matter, if you go to Step management you will be able to add a step. Use the Preset Up and Preset Down footswitches to locate the Preset you would like to add .
      • Sep 21
  • 2020-09-19

Hi everyone,

I have a Problem and wondered if anyone else has experiences with this error. Since yesterday my VL3X starts switching into the setup menu by itself. I could not figure out what triggers it. I had an Issue with a broken Mic cable but this doesnt seem to affect it. Maybe the button is broken?

My Setup:

VL3X, Acoustic Guitar, Condensator Mic (Neumann)

Appreciate any help!
    Regards from Germany

read more...
    0 11
    • burnd sneijder
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi, burnd sneijder I would suggest a factory reset on your unit.
      Turn off your VL3X.
      Unplug headphones (if attached)
      Using a toothpick or a small wire (we recommend a straightened paper clip), press the button that is inside the Headphone jack.
      The button is small and at the very end of the inside of the jack. You don't need to use much force – so please be gentle.
      You will feel a small click when the button presses.
      With the button held down, press the power switch on your VL3X.
      Wait until you see the System Maintenance Screen.
      You should see the System Maintenance screen immediately. If you see the "normal" VL3X screen (without the "System Maintenance" banner on top), you haven't pushed the button inside the headphone jack correctly.
      Try again.
      Choose the desired option from the menu using the Control Knob
      • Sep 21
    • burnd sneijder
      burnd sneijder Hi Pedro,
      thanks a lot for your reply! I fear I didn´t really get the purpose of your suggestion...what is it I can do in the maintenance menu? (Sorry, I don´t have my VL3X it at hand right now..)
      • Sep 21
    • burnd sneijder
      burnd sneijder Ah, sorry, no I get it. Factory Reset. That means I loose all my personal presets and setup configurations I suppose. Well, I´ll try that maybe as a last option. You don´t have any guess what could cause this error? I read something about microphones that could trigger a switch to other menus...
      • Sep 21
      • VL3X Error: Erratically jumps into the setup menu
        Pedro Rodrigues Hi burnd sneijder, you are correct, we do have microphones that can control some features on the unit such as TC HELICON MP60 // MP75
        • Sep 21
  • 2020-08-28

I have a VL3 set up with a BeatBuddy, where the BB is supplying MIDI tempo, and this is working correctly. I can create new loops while the BB is playing, and these loops are sync'd correctly with the tempo and have precisely the correct length. So far so good.

I also have a VL3 preset with a prerecorded Loop assigned to it, and in this example we'll say the Loop was recorded at 100 BPM, again while under the BB MIDI tempo control. When I play back this prerecorded loop to a same BB song set to 100 BPM, the Loop is exactly the correct length because it was recorded at that same tempo, HOWEVER, when the loop starts is entirely dependent on the precise time I press the VL3 footswitch (assigned to start the loop). What I'd like to be able to do is to start the Loop and have it sync (or snap) to the BB's MIDI, so that if my footswitch click is off by a fraction of a beat, it syncs up correctly (kind of like when you record a loop and/or overdub in the first place). Is this possible? I don't see any settings or any way otherwise to do this, so I'm dependent on my accuracy of pressing the footswitch. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Renny

read more...
    0 12
    • RennySchweiger
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi Renny Schweiger, so we can assist you with more tools please submit an assistance request via https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket
      • Sep 1
  • 2020-08-23

I created a Preset (call it #2) to be used as a Step 2/2 on Preset #1. (It was originally a copy of Preset #1 and I made significant Harmony and other settings to it.) I have successfully copied #2 as a step to #1 and all is well. I can also edit and save changes to Step 2/2 in Preset #1. And because I made changes to Step 2/2 in Preset #1 as I was tweaking, it is now a bit different from Preset #2. So Preset #1 with my two Steps is all set. 

Here's the question: Can I safely delete Preset #2 (not that it is no longer needed) without affecting Step 2/2 in Preset #1?  I'm afraid to try! I don't want to mess up my Step 2/2 I worked so hard on.... 

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. 

read more...
    0 15
    • RennySchweiger
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi Renny Schweiger, yes you can, the factory presets are stored permanently within the device, even if you've overwritten them with custom presets. The custom presets are stored in a different location and applied "over" the factory presets when you save them.

When you delete a factory, or custom preset, leaving the space "blank" within VoiceSupport, the unit automatically re-populates that spot with the factory preset.
      You can also use Mix Knob 4 to select the Preset number where the current Preset will be stored.
      If you want to save the Preset where it currently is, do not change this value.
      If you would like to save the Preset to another location, change “Store To” to another number.
      The name of the selected Preset slot will be displayed in the upper part of the screen.
      Using Store To is handy when you would like to make several Presets with similar sounds.
      You can create a “master” Preset and store it so a few different locations using Store To.
      You can then edit those copies further if you wish.
      • Aug 24
    • RennySchweiger
      RennySchweiger Thanks for the reply Pedro. My apologies for not being more clear, but you missed the essence of the question. I only used the generic names Preset "#1" and "#2" to mean two presets in general. I my specific case they are both user presets, not factory presets.
      • Aug 24
    • RennySchweiger
      RennySchweiger The question still stands -- if I create a (new user) preset (B) and copy it AS A STEP to another user preset (A), can I delete the preset (B) used for the step? Will the preset (A) now with two steps in it remain intact if I overwrite or delete the user preset (B)?
      • Aug 24
    • RennySchweiger
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi Renny Schweiger ,please be aware that on the VL3x copying a preset, whether its to a new user preset or a step in another preset it does not retain any ties to the old preset. It does not act like an alias. So modifying the original will not change the new preset/step.
      • Aug 25
    • RennySchweiger
      RennySchweiger Thanks Pedro, it worked. I deleted the no-longer-needed user preset and the Preset with the Step is still intact. Also FYI thsi is on my VL3 (i.e., not a VL3x).
      • Aug 26
  • 2020-08-18

I am having a heck of a time with my VL3? I've got the basics down but I'm having trouble with one last thing. The way I have it mapped is so I can hit "harmony" and "double" from the main screen but then to get my lead guitar tone (different than my rhythm sound) I've got a HIT button that I press but the problem is the "tone" stays the same (delay and drive DO change; that's ok). In other words, I want two different "AMP" modelings for my guitar but I need it on one screen (for instance "1 New Harmony). Thanks.

read more...
    0 5
    • Bradley Hern
      Robert Deacon Hi @Spaceman21489 ! To change effect settings or "styles" (such as amp models, reverb type, etc.) you'll need to use the steps function on VL3. Steps are separate presets that are stored within each preset and allow you to cycle through those instead of using the hit control. For more info on Steps head to page 45 of the VL3 reference manual. Please let me know if you have any further questions! :)
      • Aug 18
    • Bradley Hern
      Bradley Hern Thank you! I will give it a shot.
      • Aug 18
  • 2020-07-08
    Can the VoiceLive Rack be used in a mixing board’s Effects Loop to double vocals on multiple channels? (So the mics would be in different channels of the board, with varied send amounts on each channel, going to the VoiceLive Rack. Then the Lead Mute would be turned OFF on the unit. (Or does that only affect the lead vocal when a mic is plugged in directly to the VoiceLive Rack?)
    read more...
    0 52
    • David Lindsay
      kiskadar69 Would only the Double effect be turned on in the VoiceLive Rack? I think it would work. Lead Mute should be turned On.
      • Jul 9
    • David Lindsay
      Paul Francois I would love to learn if it is possible to get an inbound stereo signal into that loop?
      • Jul 23
    • David Lindsay
      kiskadar69 @Paul Francois: IMO it isn't possible. The mixers first mix the stereo channels into mono and send them to the mixer's Aux output. The TC-Helicon VoiceLive Rack also has a mono input.
      • Jul 24
  • 2020-07-07
    Hello
    0 14
    • DOBA CAESAR
      Leah de Ios Reyes Hey DobaCaesar - What questions do you have about the VoiceLive 3 Extreme?
      • Jul 8
      • I need help with my VL3X
        DOBA CAESAR Yes I have the VoiceLive 3 Extreme.
        • Jul 18
    • DOBA CAESAR
      DOBA CAESAR Thanks! I figured it out
      • Jul 8
    • DOBA CAESAR
      DOBA CAESAR Hello Leah! I want to know if there is a new update for the VL3X? Because on the manual I saw on the preset number 10 is amazing grace but on mine is something else.Thanks for your help
      • Jul 17
  • 2020-07-07
    I'm learning to play Rage Against The Machine's "Killing In The Name Of", and I need to set up a phaser effect for the intro. I assume its in the uMOD parameters but I feel like I'm going in circles to attain a decent sound. Here's a link to Tom Marello discussing the intro part at 20:33. https://youtu.be/aJXzY9vhqZg I would appreciate any help that you can give me. Thank you.
    read more...
    0 6
  • 2020-07-03
    Hello, I can set a lot of levels in this nice machine, but I haven't found out yet where I adjust the overall voulme level for the complete Preset/Patch. Where is this setting? Yes, I have read the manual :-)
    0 25
    • Gerd  Weyhing
      kiskadar69 There does not seem to be such a parameter. What is your original problem?
      • Jul 3
      • How to set Preset Level in Voicelive 3 Extreme
        Gerd Weyhing My original Problem is that I want to set the Presets evenly to avoid volume differences in live performance.
        • Jul 4
    • Gerd  Weyhing
      kiskadar69 I think you need to come up with a workaround.
      • Jul 4
      • How to set Preset Level in Voicelive 3 Extreme
        kiskadar69 ..or ask TC-Helicon to include this parameter in the next VoiceLive 3 firmware version.
        • Jul 4
    • Gerd  Weyhing
      FabioValdez in the main screen, turn one of the knobs under the screen and you will get in the level options.
      • Jul 4
    • Gerd  Weyhing
      Gerd Weyhing Will try that, thanks!
      • Jul 5