Statistics

305,392 members
189,686 posts
  • New
    Keisinho
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-08

Hello all,
    I have two doubts about DCX2496 and I hope you guys can gimme a hand.

1 - How can I update the unit firmware securely. It´s not mentioned in the user manual as far as I got to see.

Already tried to Google it, but didn´t find anything that could help.

2 - I need to configure this unit to feed 5 two-way active speakers (not 5.1, it will be 3 front speakers LCR and 2 LR in the back delayed), plus a pair of subs. I don´t need the xover feature (all output must be fullrange once the speakers already have their own crossover processing), I´ll just need dynamics and delay features to setup the system. I did not see it in the manual, is it possible? Or should I extend the all filters settings from 40 Hz to 16 KHz manually?

Thanks in advance for some tip.

read more...
    0 23
  • New
    gootchio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-29

How long should it take to auto align phase and delay with the DCX?

I've just bought DCX and after initial routing setup I tried to run Auto alignement but it doesn't end nor return any error message just keep generating noise burst sequences.

One thing that is changing is parameter selection on screen that moves down to [Adjust noise level] but pressing OK doesn't do anything neither do turning knob.

After manual cancel if I check compensation page all active chanells get inverse polarity but no phase change and no delay set.

Firmware v.1.18

Routing Configuration: 2+Sub.

read more...
    0 7
    • gootchio
      PedroRodrigues Hi gootchio, thank you for your post, please consider that this feature requires a measurement mic. When placed in the auto align mode the third input (C) becomes a mic preamp with phantom power available. Basically, you connect the unit up to your amps and speakers in the proper crossover mode and it begins sending short bursts of pink noise and measuring it with the measurement mic.

First it determines the system delay (how far to the measurement mic). Then, it calculates the various delay values for each band pass from which ever it determines is at t(0).

It asks you to un-mute the outputs you are using, twirl the big knob to raise the noise level to something reasonable and press Ok. It generates a few more bursts of pink noise, calculates the required delays and enters them in the output delay settings.

If you have any issues with the polarity reversal results please first check you cabling and cone motion and please move the mic around and rerunning the align tests to understand if they provide same delay, if they do it points out that test is correct.

For last it is important to understand that Proper polarity does not always mean the cones are going in the same direction. I hope this helps. Thank you
      • Jul 29
  • New
    BBgjkin
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-15

My over 10 years old dcx2496 finally stopped working, because of power supply failure. 

Is there any way to get the power supply replacement? It seems easy to replace it by few unscrewing and unplugging. And I am sure I could do it without problem. Please let me know where to get it. 

read more...
    0 32
    • BBgjkin
      Nigel67 Hi BBgjkin. Please submit a spares ticket and someone will e-mail you back with pricing and availability. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Spare Parts tab and submit a ticket. If we no longer have stock, then have you tried a local repair shop? It may be something as simple as the electrolytic capacitors drying out and in need of replacement. Many thanks
      • Jan 16
  • New
    skuhle
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-10

Hi,

i want to run the editor software to control my several DCX. I worked some years ago with a PC which had real serial port on it. now i run windows 10 and tried three different usb com adapters. those adapters install properly. But even without an adaptor plugged in I can only start the editor, and if I go to the connect window that specific window will not open. the editor software then is hanging and nothing happens. Maybe one of you has some Idea about it.

thanks a lot

skuhle

read more...
    0 58
    • skuhle
      PedroRodrigues Hi skuhle, unfortunately non of this unit will be able to interface with the respective editor using any type of adaptors and also the Editor will not run on a 64 bit OS. If you wish to keep using this Editor you must do it via legacy Operating System and connect it directly via serial port. Thank you
      • August 18, 2021