Statistics

196,316 members
66,885 posts
  • New
    2020-11-16

Hi, I am not able to connect X32-Mix with my X32 (being on firmware 4.x).

So, is there a chance that there will be an app update coming or to get the current app connect with current firmware?

COuld anyone help?

0 24
    • Andreas Stendera
      Rex Beckett Hi Andreas, X32-Mix does need an update to support new features in console firmware V4.xx. Perhaps one of the Tribers can give you some indication of when this might happen.

Meanwhile, you could try Mixing Station. This is now available for iOS as well as Android and supports V4.xx firmware.
      • Nov 16
      • X32-Mix on firmware 4.x
        Andreas Stendera Hi Rex, thx for the tip. It works!!!
        • Nov 18
    • Andreas Stendera
      David Knighton Hello Andreas Stendera,
      After updating to version 4, you'll need to go in and check your Network settings, as they will default to a factory setting. Double check that this isn't the issue you're encountering.
      • Nov 17
      • X32-Mix on firmware 4.x
        Andreas Stendera Hi David, it checked network settings on X32 & ipad. All same newtork envrionment .20 and .22 .
        • Nov 18
  • New
    2020-11-03

I love the MX-Q app, but I've found a couple of bugs in the MX-Q app on iPhone SE 2020:

1 the pan control doesn't seem to work from MX-Q to X32-Edit, or to what I'm hearing

2 the mute for mix bus 11-12 is very temperamental, it only seems to work sometimes & once it's stopped working the app seems to need to be quit to make it work again.

It's a great app, I'll keep looking.

Gordon

read more...
    0 14
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Paul Vannatto Hi Gordon, are you connected to an X32 console for both MX-Q and X32-Edit?
      • Nov 3
      • MX-Q App
        Gordon Okafor-Ross Yes, I am connected to the X32 Rack. It was on v4.02 firmware, I've just downloaded v4.03 & installed it, I will let you know how it does.
        • Nov 4
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Gordon Okafor-Ross I've found the answer to 1, the bus sends for the headphones were set up to follow LR PAN, when I set them to their own pan they now follow the pan setting in the MX-Q app. This makes sense as they should only pan when the stereo bus pans with LR mode on. Hooray!
      • Nov 4
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Gordon Okafor-Ross Still no way to do 2 yet: the mute for headphone bus 11-12 is very temperamental, it only seems to work sometimes & once it's stopped working the app seems to need to be quit to make it work again. This is the mute on the headphone bus master (or the bus master), it is on the bottom & to the left on the MCA page. No better on firmware 4.03 :-(
      • Nov 16
      • MX-Q App
        Paul Vannatto Hi Gordon, I would recommend using Mixing Station instead of MX-Q for personal monitor mixing. It can be used either for FOH (no restrictions) or for individual monitors (restricted to that particular monitor bus). MX-Q is the official app and hasn't been updated for some time. Mixing Station on the other hand is a 3rd party developer that frequently updates his app and is available for the X32/M32, X-Air/M-Air, the new Wing, as well as some A&H and Soundcraft consoles. It is available for android, iPad, iPhone, PC, Mac and linux
        • Nov 16
      • MX-Q App
        Gordon Okafor-Ross I've downloaded the Mixing Station after your endorsement, but it only supports the X32/M32, X-Air or Wing from Music Tribe, not the X32 Rack plus it's not free, costs from £4.99 to £6.99 (none of the options mention the X32 Rack). I'm afraid it's out. If there are any remote apps that support the X-Rack & are free (there are 8 people in my band, which event at the £4.99 version is going to cost £39.95) that would be great.
        • Nov 18
      • MX-Q App
        Paul Vannatto Yes it supports all X32 including the Rack. That is what I use it on most of the time (I have 2 Racks). Regarding the price, I don't find that extremely expensive for an excellent app. I've paid much more for software that I've used less.
        • Nov 18
      • MX-Q App
        Gordon Okafor-Ross Ok, which profile have you paid for?
        • Nov 18
  • New
    2020-11-10

Apple just announced that macOS Big Sur will be released to the public on November 12, 2020. I'm assuming (hoping) that Behringer SW engineers have been testing their software on the beta releases of Big Sur along the way.

Any word on compatibility of X/M32-Edit on Big Sur? Is X32-Edit expected to work right out of the gate on Big Sur or have issues been found that will require significant updates?

Just curious...

Jay

read more...
    1 137
    • Jay Alper
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi Jay, at this moment we have to allow the release of the new OS so we can develop our FW updates, at this moment we cannot comment on any information about time windows on the updates for this MacOs .Thank you
      • Nov 11
      • X/M32-Edit and macOS Big Sur
        Jay Alper Pedro, Thanks for the info.
        • ·
        • Nov 11
        ScottCaldarelli Pedro, I was just looking at this info for Big Sur and have to ask: Do you guys actually wait until the OS is released to the public and are not working with Beta releases along the way? Also, related, the XR18 software for macOS hasn't seen an update in 3.5 years and the firmware in 2+ years. While it seems to work in Big Sur, things like window resizing - nothing in the window resizes and it could use a UI refresh. Thanks!
        • ·
        • Nov 12
        Pedro Rodrigues Hi Scott, the Beta version of the OS is only available for Apple testers so the majority of companies on these matter have to be reactive instead of proactive.
        Regarding your last question what I can say about what you mentioned it is that we are working on that and we will have news as soon as possible.
        • Nov 13
    • Jay Alper
      Matt Tucker Jay, just curious did you take the plunge and move to Big Sur?
      • Nov 13
        Jay Alper Yes, I did move to Big Sur. I tried running X32-Edit on my Big Sur Mac (2018 MacBook Pro) and as far as I can tell, it works! As a caveat, I didn't do an extremely in-depth test where I tried every detail of X32-Edit. But I was able to connect (via wifi) to my X32-Compact, I was able to sync settings back and forth between my Mac and my X32-C, I was able to change scenes, moving faders and adjusting send levels on my Mac were mirrored on the X32-C and vice versa, I was able to start and stop playback from my X-Live card, etc. In my quick test I didn't notice any graphics glitches, either. So, it seems like things are working for X-32 Edit on Big Sur. Again, I didn't do an extensive test, but so far, it looks good (though, YMMV).
        • Nov 16
  • New

Hi there, i requested a free trial license for TC ELECTRONIC BRICKWALL HD, it says that an activation has been sent already but actually didn't receive anything yet.

This is my ilok: majorizmlab

Thanks in advance

All the best

read more...
    0 10
  • New
    2020-11-02

Hi: I bought VSS3 in 2018: is it compatible with Catalina?  Forgive me if a thread on this already exists, but I could not find it if it does.  Thanks in advance.

Stan Seymour

0 8
  • New
    2020-10-31

Hi!

I received my link for the Polytune Plug-In I bought and the link to download it doesn't work.

A little frustrated...

Thanks!

0 10
    • rgast5150
      Nigel Turner Hi, I am sorry to hear that the link you were given is not working. I will contact the relevant people and find out why. We were making some updates over the weekend. This could have been the cause of the issue. Can you give the link another try?
      • Nov 1
      • Download links not working.....
        Nigel Turner I am going to send you an e-mail with a new link.
        • Nov 2
    • rgast5150
      rgast5150 Hi Nigel,Just tried again, same results..."It seems we can't find the page you're looking for."
      • Nov 2
    • rgast5150
      rgast5150 Hi Nigel! Found the new link, it went to my junk mail. That worked and I was able to install the plugin. Thanks for your assistance!
      • Nov 2
      • Download links not working.....
        Nigel Turner No problem, sorry for the issue in the first place.
        • Nov 3
  • 2020-10-21

This has been going on for a good while now (weeks). WHY does this music group forum take so long to load and switch pages? It happens on my Mac, a PC and iPad so it's not a specific computer. I have very fast internet service so it's not that. It is at least twice as slow (if not more) to load as any other web page I visit. It is reachable, don't get me wrong, but very annoying in this age of I want it yesterday-which I do :-) It's almost like dial up vrs broadband, well not quite but it feels like it. I notice whenever a new, I call them super promo, add/thread is posted by the forum (to announce a new product or similar) it takes even longer, almost like it is not going to load at all, then does. As I said it happens on this site only, not other places I visit. It has to be something from the forum end. As a comparison, if I click on the Wing product page, or Midas M32 page etc, the page loads almost instantaneously-the issue is specific to this forum.

read more...
    0 4
    • Gary Higgins
      Rex Beckett I agree, Gary, it has got slower recently. I am getting refresh times of 10-20 seconds. As you say, the product pages load much faster - typically around one second. The last time we had this slow response, they switched to different servers and it fixed the problem.
      • Oct 21
      • Web Site SLOW
        Gary Higgins Thanks Rex, good to know it's not just me, then I'm only partly crazy! The times you report are the about the same for me,10-20 seconds. It should not be. I also notice if I go to page 2 of say, recent posts, it can be even slower.
        • Oct 21
    • Gary Higgins
      Paul Vannatto I also agree, Gary. It's getting slower here also.
      • Oct 21
  • 2020-10-14

**I tried to search the community for similar topics, but the web search was not all that cooperative, so apologies if this is a repost.**

Hi All,

I've been using the M-Air (and X-Air) app on my iPad for years with MR18/XR18's and have been very happy.  However, I've switched modes and now would like to run my lights simultanously.  Unfortunately, my chosen lighting software (Enttec D-Pro) only runs on MacOSX and Windows, and I would rather not have to deal with two tablets simultanously.  So, I went and got myself a MS Surface Go 2 (with all the goodies,) and my initial testing experience suggests it's going to work out really awesome!  It should serve my purposes exactly as desired.

That said, two "convenience" items are immediately apparent.  This is more commentary, and they're not really bugs, but maybe feature requests?  If somebody has a suggestion for work-arounds I'm all ears.

1)  I notice that on the Touch interface in Windows 10 (1909) that the M-Air app does not respond to long-presses as right-clicks.  This makes it impossible to change labels/label-colors using only touch.  This is not a feature I would normally use on the fly, and is easily worked around with a BT/Wireless mouse, but would be nice if it worked as it does on iOS.

2)  On the iOS version of M-Air (never tried it on Android,) it only displays 8 channels at a time, and you have to slide back and forth between Chan 1 and CHan16/Effects.  While this is sometimes annoying, on WIndows I've set up "always-on-top" DCA's, so in my scenario not so bad.  Either way, it would be nice if there were a setting on both iOS and Windows (and Android I suppose,) to choose which mode to use...full channel or "half-channel slide."

3) On Windows, I notice that the top-line menu items (Mixer, Channel, Input, Gate, etc.) and the right-top config buttons (Setup, Utility, In/Out, Resize, etc.) require a double-tap (in touch mode) to activate.  All of the other buttons appear to react to single-tap. While I prefer single-tap in all cases, I could get used to double-tap, so I don't really care either way.  But, it would be nice if it were consistent.

I haven't tried any of these things with the M32-Mix or X32-Mix apps, but expect them to be similar.

In any case, none of these items is a huge problem...just suggesting some steamlining of the features.  Definitely open to suggestions if I"m getting it wrong.

Thanks all!

read more...
    0 15
    • KendellWelchII
      Paul Vannatto Hi Kendall,

To be honest, I think you are going to have issues with the Surface and Win10 using the M-Air-Edit app. It would be far better to switch to an android tablet and use Mixing Station Pro. With the layer and layout customisation functionality, you can have the surface you always wanted.
      • Oct 14
      • Thoughts on Switching to M-Air on Windows
        KendellWelchII Hi Paul,

You may be right. Would you mind elaborating on the specific issues you anticipate I'll run in to on the MS Surface, other than the minor ones I mentioned?

As I said, I've been happily mixing from the iPad for several years, but want to try the MS Surface to solve a very specific problem (running lights from the same tablet.) Testing so far suggests that it should work quite nicely even with my previously mentioned concerns.
        • Oct 14
    • KendellWelchII
      Dwayne Aasberg Hello Kendall.

In my applications I am connecting to either an M32 or an MR18. In both cases I routinely use BOTH a Win10 Surface and an Android device. My experience has been that setting up the event is easier with M-Edit (M32-Edit) on the Surface (setting channels names and settings, etc.). I usually end up picking up the Android tablet and using Mixing Station Pro to run the event. The sliders (in my opinion) are easier to manipulate in tablet mode with MSP/Android than in M-Edit/Win. All that being said there have been times I've run the entire event on the Surface with M-Edit.

The annoyances you've noted are, IMHO, just that. You should be able to do all you need with the Surface and M-Edit.

Dwayne A
      • Oct 15
    • KendellWelchII
      Dwayne Aasberg ...sorry for piling-on...
      In answer to your customization concern - I frequently use the pop-up window 'user layers' and minimize the main M-Edit window.
      • Oct 15
      • Thoughts on Switching to M-Air on Windows
        KendellWelchII Not at all Dwayne. Thanks for the input!
        • Oct 15
  • 2020-10-08

I can't find a download for this software anymore,can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

0 5
  • 2020-10-06

Hi, I am trying to get the Toneprint Editor on my Macbook but all the links are either dead or simply go nowhere. Any help would be much appreciated

0 12
    • Nadim Bakhshov
      John Matthews Hi Nadim, same for me. I'll report to the web team to get this fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.
      • Oct 6
    • Nadim Bakhshov
      Nadim Bakhshov A friend suggested using a different browser - I navigated to the link via Firefox and it downloaded. All downloaded.
      • Oct 6
    • Nadim Bakhshov
      John Matthews I tried on internet explorer (rather than Chrome) and it's worked for me. I've put a copy on WeTransfer here for you.

https://we.tl/t-ZzCLYnYNHF
      • Oct 6
Go to page