Statistics

259,722 members
138,131 posts
  • New
    Olayanjumarvelous
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-02

Is there any technical and sales representative team in Nigeria.

0 41
  • Theeleaders
    Contributor - Level 2
    2015-02-24

Hi,guys i hook my VL3up to my keyboard by pluging atrs cable in to the headphone jack on the keyboard and than plug the other end into the aux. on the VL3.Can you do this the same way for the play electric or do you have to do it a different way.Thanks for your help Cal.
    read more...
    0 140
    • Theeleaders
      CraigFraser
      Hi Cal,

Yep it'll work exactly the same way on the Play series. You can go from any stereo source into the Aux input.

Cheers,

Craig
      • February 25, 2015
    • Theeleaders
      Theeleaders
      Thanks Graig.my brother just got the play electric and i didnt want to wreck it by doing the same thing i do on my VL3. Cal
      • February 25, 2015
  • michaelcavallar
    Contributor - Level 2
    2015-03-06
    Hi there Craig, I was wondering. Is it possible to add the room sense mix to the output to the PA? The only reason I'm asking is because when playing live with our band, I use a senheisser iem wiresss system, and I usually get the fold back mix as my in ear mix. Room sense would be great to have in my mix as it would save us having to setup a couple of extra mics for ambience. Can this be done?
    read more...
    0 204
    • michaelcavallar
      Anthony2
      Yes.....+1, I never thought of this.

• March 6, 2015
    • michaelcavallar
      michaelcavallar I suppose the only problem would be hearing the room sense mix in the front of house though.....but it would be a great help when using wireless iem and a fold back mix
      • March 7, 2015
    • michaelcavallar
      CraigFraser
      Hi all,

We definitely won't be adding RoomSense to the main outputs. It's a feedback magnet. You can run RoomSense into the headphone output though.

If you get your monitor mix from FOH, just run that into your Monitor IN or Aux IN. Then, plug your IEM's input into the headphone output of VL3. Go to the mix screen for headphones and blend in some RS there.

Cheers,

Craig
      • March 9, 2015
    • michaelcavallar
      michaelcavallar Yeah good point Craig. Like u suggested, I might just try running from the headphone out to my IEM's.
      • March 12, 2015
  • New
    pfuentes
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-23

Hello,

We are currently dealing with an issue of sharing the same gain structure for our FOH/monitor and online broadcast mix. We are using a Midas Pro2, DL251, and DL155. We are also mixing "in the box" for online broadcast in a studio not close to the location of the stageboxes. 

What recommendations would you give for separating the gains for each mix. I recently saw we could use a DL451 splitter and feel this may work. Is there any other AES50 device, besides a mixer, that can remotely control the DL451's separate preamps (a computer or software)? This would be useful to be able to control the gains, independently of the FOH gains, for the online broadcast mix from the studio instead of locally at the DL451.

Any help and insight would be much appreciated. 

read more...
    0 19
    • pfuentes
      Nigel67 Hi pfuentes. I think that the splitter that you are referring to is the DL431. This is no longer in manufacture but if you were able to get hold of one would be a good choice. It has transformer balanced outputs just for broadcast use. This is the link to the webpage https://www.midasconsoles.com/midas/product?modelCode=P0AFB The broadcast outputs are fixed gain Mic pre-amps, or you could use the electronically balanced outputs which have variable gain Mic pre-amps that can be controlled from the DL431 front panel or the console. The other unit you could use is the DL231 https://www.midasconsoles.com/midas/product?modelCode=P0AUZ This does not have the transformer balanced outputs but does still have 24 electronically balanced outputs that could feed your Broadcast console. The unit has 2 mic pre amps and all 24 outputs can be assigned to either. Although the DL231 doesn't have an adjustable gain pot on it so you can adjust gains locally, it would be possible for the broadcast sends to connect the PRO2 up to the DL231, adjust all the gains to a set level, and then disconnect the PRO2. The gains on those pre amps will then stay set, even over a power cycle and any fine adjustments can be made on the Broadcast console. before we go any further, you have mentioned the FOH/Monitor set up. Is the PRO2 doing FOH and Monitor, or do you have another console for that purpose, and what is it? Also, how many input channels are you looking at as this may affect which IO boxes you can use. Have a read through of the DL431 and DL231 manuals from the links above and give more details on your set up and I will help further. Many thanks
      • Aug 24
    • pfuentes
      pfuentes

Hi Nigel. Thank you for responding. Greatly appreciated. I saw that some vendors still offer new DL431's. Will contact them o see if they still sell them. We are in need of 3 DL 431's (64 inputs). I also saw a video where a Midas Sales Representative stated that the mic pre's can be controlled remotely through a PC (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Rw_1kFjSQ). I just wanted to confirm this. And thank you very much for the insight on using the DL231's. I had not thought of connecting and setting the gains for the broadcast mix and then reconnecting to the front of house system. Can the PRO2 control both sets of gains at the same time or would I have to connect and reconnect from both the A and B mic pre's? Yes, the same PRO2 controls our FOH and monitors (which are 2 wedges and the rest are on P16m's in-ear monitor mixers). We just use aux mixes and send those to the wedges and P16m's. Let me know if you have any other questions on our setup? Again, many thanks for your help.

• Aug 24
  • Eric1
    Contributor - Level 2
    2017-12-16
    I posted a related question a few days ago, but since then have eliminated the "input" as the issue and wanted to post something with a more accurate title.

https://forum.musictri.be/showthread.php?20459-Looper-and-input

The real problem is, my looper playback volume is way too low (I can barely hear it coming out of my amp). I've tried playing with the db settings for looper in the main mix (all the way up to 12), as well as the Level A and Looper db in Looper Mix. I've also tried playing with the Output Mode (from Unity Gain to Variable Level) in the Guitar tab of Setup. A combination of these can get the volume up enough to hear it, but it's still nowhere near the (fairly low) volume of my acoustic guitar.

How do I increase the looper playback volume? This is a new issue for me as it has worked perfectly in the past. Thanks for any help.
    read more...
    0 320
    • Eric1
      TCH-Spencer Is it possible the battery in your guitar is dying? The only other thing I can think of is maybe you've changed the input setting of the looper and your microphone is picking up the acoustic guitar?
      • January 8, 2018
  • tomana
    Contributor - Level 1
    2014-09-17
    I have a TC Helicon VoiceWorks? and a TC Electronic G-Force on the way. I also have a Lexicon MPX R1 midi controller and a Roland RC-200 on the way (came with the G-Force). My question is ...
    ?
    can I control both the TC Helicon VoiceWorks? and?the TC Electronic G-Force using just one controller pedal, either the Lexicon or the Roland controller ?
    read more...
    0 561
    • tomana
      CraigFraser Hi Gary,

If you can use MIDI commands from either pedal and split externally or THRU on the boxes themselves, then you can definitely control multiple devices with one pedal. The manual for VW has a list of the MIDI commands it accepts.

http://www.tc-helicon.com/products/voiceworks/support/

Cheers,

Craig
      • September 19, 2014
    • tomana
      IanRamsden
      Gary,

You need to figure out exactly what you wish to do.. most midi pedals only provide a single CC message per press, so if you wish this to go to 2 different devices, you will need to externally translate this midi command.

So, once you figure out exactly how you wish the pedals to work, and assuming that you are left with incompatible messages, you should investigate the Midi Solutions Midi Filter box, and the iConnectMIDI4+... both of which can filter and translate midi commands.

Although not the identical application, I use the latter for inter-synth communication of control messages.
      • September 30, 2014
  • DavidStrausberg
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-08-22
    What's the best way to set up mid-room left right fill speakers with time delay of the Left Right front of house mix speakers as well as a front center fill. thank you
    0 282
    • DavidStrausberg
      CraigFowler Stereo-link a matrix, push lr into it so you get L on one side and R on the other. Routing>out1-16 to assign the matrices to physical sockets, Routing>output delay to dial in the delay. If the front fill needs to be a mono sum of lr use a mono matrix to crunch it.
      • August 21, 2018
    • DavidStrausberg
      DavidStrausberg Thanks Craig.
      • August 22, 2018
  • DrewSmith
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-04-16
    I'd like to rack mount my X-touch, but I don't see any rack ears for it anywhere - is this available?

If necessary, I don't mind if I have to MacGyver something, but id be afraid of taking the sides off without having a clue what I'm getting into. I suppose I could find a service manual somewhere and take a look. But figured I'd ask here first before I did anything.

Thaanks for any help you can give!

Drew
    read more...
    0 2,100
    • DrewSmith
      Roblof There are no official rack mounts for the xtouch.

Since the side panels comes off easily it should be possible to make your own mounts, or if the measurements are close enough for som 3’rd party rack mounts.
      • April 16, 2018
    • DrewSmith
      KenMitchell

Robert Lofgren;144244 wrote:

There are no official rack mounts for the xtouch.

Since the side panels comes off easily it should be possible to make your own mounts, or if the measurements are close enough for som 3’rd party rack mounts.

Hi Drew,

There's another thread on this from a while back. I started working on a design that could be 3D printed but in the end I went a different route.

Here's the thread: https://forum.musictri.be/showthread.php?11054-Rack-Mount-Possibilities

I'll see if I can dig up some more pics from when I was working on this.

Ken
      • April 17, 2018
  • MackMahon
    Contributor - Level 2
    2016-12-26

Hello, I am new to the forum and to VOICELIVE-2... Hoping someone can help me. I Just bought a Voicelive 2 from a local musician ( Second hand / Used )

I just got the unit last night , downloaded the manual and had a read tru, all pretty straight forward, The unit works great, very impressed with it. I decided to try recording, so I set uo three tracks on my Mixer ( Behringer X32 ) 1.) Dry Voice, 2.) Harmony 3.) Dry Guitar [ signal tapped from the Guitar thru on the unit )

I set up three tracks in Logic Pro ( Mac setupn)... ans recorded 'Seven Bridges Road as a test... over all it was great, but the Acoustic Guitar was bleeding through the mic, So my solution was to delete the recorded Harmony track (2) and simply re-record it while monitoring the Guitar and Dry vocals through headphones... it worked perfectly!... came out great... which must mean that what ever settings the previous owner had in place suited exactly this situation... I was very pleased!... THEN I GOT BRAVE....

SO... HERE IS THE PROBLEM.... I decided to do a full factory reset....( Both resets )... After doing this, went back and deleted the Solo Harmony track and attempted to re-record it....just to try and do a better job.... It seemed to be going fine as I was singing and monitoring through the headphones.... BUT... when I played back the full mix, There is now latency between the The two prerecorded tracks ( Guitar and Dry Vocals ).... its a pretty significant mismatch almost 1/4 of a second.... As I mentioned previous to the reset there was Zero latency the new harmony track overdub whas perfect so I cann only assume that the original owner had something configured so there was no latency?... Any idea whats causing this latency now and how I fix it?.... alos one other quick question.... if I am lucky enough to get a response that points out the solution and I make that adjustment somewhere in the setup.... How do I save that setting adjustment so I dont have to reconfigure everytime I want to overdub a harmony track. Thanks in advance, any and all help is much appreciated.
    read more...
    0 483
    • MackMahon
      TCH-Spencer
      Hey Mack,

Can I get some more info on your setup please? You say you're using a mixer, so are you using the XLR out of the VL2 into that mixer which I assume is USB into your computer? And how are you playing back the audio - just out of your DAW into headphones connected to your computer or mixer?

One thing to look at is in the Setup menu there's a Lead Delay parameter. You didn't mention which track is delayed but maybe play with that parameter and make sure it's not the cause of your latency.

And for your other question, it's possible to export your setup data to a file on your computer in case you nuke your VL2 again. Install our preset management application VoiceSupport 2 if you haven't already. When you connect your VL2 via USB to your computer, go to the Presets tab in VoiceSupport. Sync with your VL2 and press the Export button (in the top-right corner). Then under the Export Data heading, select Setup Data, and make sure the Export Source is Workspace. With that, you can hit Start Export which will create a .syx file containing your unit's setup data. You can then import this file back into the VL2 whenever you like.
      • January 20, 2017
    • MackMahon
      MackMahon
      Hi Spencer..... I managed to solve the Latency Issue... not rally sure how...but I installed the preset management softeware....messed around a bit did a few "reboots"...... much better than the type of "Boots" I thought I was going to ne using...lol..... and voila the presets and then some were back and the latency gone.

I still have an issue that I posted last night, maybe you can help me with...

I am using a Behriger X-32 Compact Mixer, I am running into it on 3 Channels using XLRs and 1/4" from voicelive-2,

1.) Guitar Thru....Works fine;

2.) Left Mono;... HArmony vocals are here...but are garbled

3.) Right Dry.... no signal at all

I am trying to set up the voicelive in the studio as a permanent fixture to be able to add vocal harmony's to prerecorded tracks... I have the routing figured out on the X-32.... but I dont know how to adjust the settings in the VL2 to give me the three descreet tracks....most importantly with Nice strong clean harmonies... the routing setup between Logic on my mac and the X-32 is USB and with Thw VL2 is configured so I can plug the mic and guitar into the VL2...or get the signal into the VL2 from the Mixer either via AUX send or as a dedicated XLR out on back of the mixer.... I think I have everything routed and wired up fine... but the issue is with the Settings in the VL2.

After I get this figured out I would then like to figure out the setup to multi track 2 channels Via USB Digital straight from the VL2 to the Mac Via USB.... but it would be nice to have the Analog Via Mixer straightened up first, as that setup will give me the most dynamic control over all the channels going into Logic. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mack ( Paul )

• January 20, 2017
    • MackMahon
      MackMahon
      Spencer..... CAn you have a read in the Voicelive 1,2,3 section of the Forum... i put a more detailed post there regarding the Milti-Tracking issue I mention here.

Thanks

Paul
      • January 20, 2017
  • ColluLuigi
    Contributor - Level 2
    2015-01-13
    HI

I would like to insert a graphic eq plug in the monitor to make an acoustic correction, possible? yes i do? how?

my console is an x32 I'm 2.10

thank you in advance
    0 931
    • ColluLuigi
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Collu,

Welcome to the forum. Yes you can insert a graphic EQ. Goto the Effects screen and assign one of the slots 5-8 to a dual graphics EQ, then assign the mixbus to it from the left drop down list.

Paul
      • January 13, 2015
    • ColluLuigi
      Roblof Unless you are talking about the monitor/solo bus and not the stage monitors. If this is the case then it isn't possible to insert a corrective eq.
      • January 14, 2015
    • ColluLuigi
      ColluLuigi hi

what I want to do is adjust monitoring

and not fix my mix

but I understood that it was not possible to do this for the moment

I would like this to be implemented in firmware, I find that this insert is necessary and not very difficult to do for the technitiens behringer

sorry for my English and thank you for your help
      • January 14, 2015
Go to page