Statistics

289,850 members
172,414 posts
  • Harry1
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-04-26

Necesito hacer grabaciones en vivo en canales separados pero que me registre los efectos que meto en cada canal.

tengo una Behringer X Air XR18, acabo de comprarla pero las capturas las hace sin los efectos que meto en la app. y cuando los registra se mezclan todos los canales en uno solo.

Alguien que pueda ayudarme a solucionar mi problema?

read more...
    0 71
  • Viz
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-11-26
    Hello. I've been having my global levels set at gain +8 and output level 0. But it's far too driven, and also too loud. Perhaps bcoz I've got the iB modified. So currently gain is on 0; this makes the tone more transparent, and similar to without the G. And i've set the output to -9. This matches the volume between with/without the G. It doesn't seem to introduce more noise, but is there a better way? Should i be playing with boost or headroom etc? (Which i don't understand by the way)
    read more...
    0 2,635
    • Viz
      bucketbot Get a Sunday Driver.
      • November 25, 2012
    • Viz
      DarylSoar1 Boost is just like turning down the final output on the G-System. Clicking on boost merely turns the volume back up to full.

Headroom is the gap between the top of your head and the thing your walking under. You should always have enough space to jump. Increasing the G-System headroom is like raising the ceiling. It doesn't affect how you walk but if you decide to jump, you won't smash your head. : )

The sunday driver is a fairy dust factory in a small yellow box. It sprinkles magic on your guitar signal and somehow transforms it. I got one last week and that is the best explanation I can come up with for the difference it made. I'm very impressed with your description of the iB modified version but I'd still wager on the Sunday Driver making things better.
      • November 25, 2012
    • Viz
      Viz Anyone in cambridge want to lend me one? for a pint?
      • November 25, 2012
    • Viz
      bucketbot Def worth getting one as I remember a couple of guys on here who bought the IB modded G felt it still was not quite right & found a noticeable improvement with the SD added to the mix.
      • November 25, 2012
    • Viz
      damcka I have the newer version of the silver unit - it does not have the IB modified input but does have updated input circuitry (same as the red limited version) compared with the original silver units.

Given that i have updated input circuitry, I also find that setting my output lower than 0 db (or in some cases lowering input gain to minus 3 or minus 4db) actually sounds better to my ears. 0db gain on the g system is still louder than plugging straight into the amp in my setup......... I thought i was only person to experience this.

Ian - I'm going to shoot you an email soon about controlling two different pre-amps with midi, I did a factory reset and forgot who i managed to do it first time around LOL.

Dave
      • November 25, 2012
  • TreouserMac
    Contributor - Level 2
    2016-05-25
    Hi,
    Any Logic Pro users with X18 in the studio as a Audio Interface, as well as use it for Mixing?
    0 2,414
    • TreouserMac
      TreouserMac

Treouser Mac;77065 wrote:

Hi,

Any Logic Pro users with X18 in the studio as a Audio Interface, as well as use it for Mixing?

Anyone?
      • May 25, 2016
    • TreouserMac
      nonsonstatoio Hi, I use Logic Pro X for recording and mixing with XR18.
      • May 26, 2016
    • TreouserMac
      TreouserMac

Enrico Sau;77245 wrote:

Hi, I use Logic Pro X for recording and mixing with XR18.

Hi Sau! Thanks for your kind reply!

So, XR18 is just an Audio Interface for your recording? I'm curious about how much things or functions or features that I could use from XR18 during Recording, Mixing or even Mastering stage ?

Do you mind to share some of your experiences? Appreciate!
      • May 27, 2016
    • TreouserMac
      nonsonstatoio Sau is my last name. My name is Enrico.

Anyway, no problem, my classmates used to call me with my last name so is fine

I have a macbook with Logic Pro X.

When I connect the XR18 to the computers it is used as audio interface with 18 inputs and 18 outputs.

Sometimes I use the XR18 as a simple audio interface for recording. I connect every instrument to the mixer, record in logic, and mix later in logic.

Sometimes I record in logic while mixing in a live performance (most times), and than mix later in logic.

I record every channel from "analog" so that I can mix with XR18 while recording and I still have the clean sound recorded.

I also tried to mix with XR18 playing back the tracks via USB, and I can say is much better than logic, but I still use logic for mixing because it's easier to do at home and I can leave the XR18 in the studio.

If you are planning to record in logic and mix later, I recommend recording every channel from analog (this is the default setting for USB sends).

If you have any particular problems, submit them to the community, there is great people here!
      • May 27, 2016
    • TreouserMac
      TreouserMac Sau is my last name. My name is Enrico.

Anyway, no problem, my classmates used to call me with my last name so is fine

Ops, I'm sorry Enrico, my bad

I have a macbook with Logic Pro X.

When I connect the XR18 to the computers it is used as audio interface with 18 inputs and 18 outputs.

Sometimes I use the XR18 as a simple audio interface for recording. I connect every instrument to the mixer, record in logic, and mix later in logic.

Sometimes I record in logic while mixing in a live performance (most times), and than mix later in logic.

** This means, LPX will automatically detected XR18 as Audio Interface and it just plug and plug with no need any driver, am I correct?

** How do you set the Input Level (Gain Staging)? Since XR18 doesn't come with any physical knob on board, are you using tablet to set it up?

I record every channel from "analog" so that I can mix with XR18 while recording and I still have the clean sound recorded.

** I don't get you, how's this works? Is this means bypassing EQ & Effects just recorded the raw source from Preamp?

I also tried to mix with XR18 playing back the tracks via USB, and I can say is much better than logic, but I still use logic for mixing because it's easier to do at home and I can leave the XR18 in the studio.

** is this means we can make use of AIR X's Effects / Plugins during the Post Production stage like Mixing and Mastering?

If you are planning to record in logic and mix later, I recommend recording every channel from analog (this is the default setting for USB sends).

** I'll using XR18 for Live Performance and Studio Recording, perhaps will do a live performance recording once in awhile. My question is, for an hour show multitracks recording, all tracks are stable recorded in LPX? Non of the track will be lagged?

Thanks for now
      • May 29, 2016
  • DanielLGaines
    Contributor - Level 2
    2017-08-15
    Right now I plug my laptop into the aux input on my Behringer europower PMP560M mixer. The issue is that I have absolutely no control over the highs or the lows of the laptop. Is there a better way to get what I want other than totally replacing the mixer itself?
    read more...
    0 829
    • DanielLGaines
      Michael_Lapke What kind of computer and sound card are you using to do this Daniel? Also, what program are you using to playback audio? There might be some basic EQ settings located in your PC's sound card options if you dig around a bit more, but that will depend on the audio card and the program you are using to playback audio.

If you aren't using all of the input channels on the front of your mixer than you could get your PC audio to the mixer that way, then you have the built in EQ at your disposal.
      • August 16, 2017
    • DanielLGaines
      DanielLGaines I am using a Behringer UCONTROL sound card. The information you just gave me was what I was looking for. I wanted to basically know if I could just plug my external sound card into one of the main channels where I would be able to better control the highs and lows of the music itself like I'm able to do with the live vocals. I use the mixer in a professional karaoke setup. The software that I am using for playback is MTU Hoster and for regular music I use winamp. I know that winamp is pretty basic but I don't need a real DJ software because I am not a DJ but a professional karaoke Soundman as I like to call myself.
      • August 18, 2017
    • DanielLGaines
      DanielLGaines I ran a show with the audio from my computer going to channel 6 and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the help.
      • August 28, 2017
    • DanielLGaines
      Michael_Lapke

Daniel L Gaines;130339 wrote:

I ran a show with the audio from my computer going to channel 6 and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the help.

You are very welcome! Glad to hear everything is working well in your setup.
      • August 28, 2017
    • DanielLGaines
      BrianWard I am pretty new at this...what kind of cable would I need to hook up a laptop/IPAD so I can control the highs and lows from the mixer?
      • August 22, 2018
  • StevenVelazquez
    Contributor - Level 2
    2017-07-24
    We have employed the X32 core and 2 SD8 snakes into our conference room.

One SD8 receives inputs from 4 table mics in the front of conference room, the second SD8 receives input from first SD8 via AES50 and in addition 4 wireless mics in our control rack in back of room.. The last SD8 is connected via AES50 to the X32 core.

Everything is in working order for most part... However, what we want to do is assign the main outs of the X32 to two of the outs of the last SD8. Thus bypassing the main outs and the main volume control associated with the "headphone" volume knob on front panel.

The reason for dual main outs is to send one main mix to the house and one to a computer used for online conferencing.

I'm having an issue wrapping my head around how to do this with the X32 iPad app, any suggestions, fixes or links would be great.

Thanks so much!

-SV
    read more...
    0 2,329
    • StevenVelazquez
      GaryHiggins Set up your output assignments on the analog out tab (iPad app does not call it outputs 1-16 like everyone else) then use the aes50 a (or b) out routing menu to pass on those settings. I'm guessing you use aes50 a. Make sure it says 'out 1-8' or 'out 9-16' not local 1-8 or local 9-16 in the aes50 out menu in the first 2 columns. After that just set your switch on the side of the desired SD8 to whichever group has your main r/l assigned to it. Default I think is out 7 is left main and out 8 is right main, if so set aes50a out 1-8 to "out 1-8" set your side switch to aes50 1-8 on either SD8. Your main l/r should come from xlr 7 and 8.
      • July 24, 2017
    • StevenVelazquez
      StevenVelazquez Maybe I'm missing something, because another article mentioned, and showed, analog outs tab... however in my X32Edit iPad app, I has no "analog outs tab", as you can see from the pics attached..

These are pics from a new ipad/x32/sd8 which has not yet been put into production, so the configuration isn't set... But as you can see, no Analog out tab.

• July 27, 2017
    • StevenVelazquez
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum. That would be the "Virtual Out" tab in those pics.
      • July 27, 2017
    • StevenVelazquez
      GaryHiggins Very strange as I am pretty sure I have the latest version (v3.1) and in demo mode anyway, it still says analog out. I rarely use the ipad these days but when connected perhaps it changes? I cant check it as I am not set up at the moment. Is this a Core x32? Thinking since they have no physical out jacks that it says virtual as it's recognized as a Core when connected to it? As Paul said, that HAS to be the equivalent menu...it's in the same spot just a different tab title. It is a bit odd that every app (Edit vrs Mix vrs Mixing Station) uses different routing menu column names, even positions sometimes and then of course, there's the hardware menus as well....could get a person confused pretty easily. The ipad app STILL does not have an 'xlr out' menu. This has been an integral part of X32 world for a pretty long time...firmware 2.0?. As many here remember the old analog out menu in the hardware where the xlr outputs were always tethered to the output 1-16 menu. Seems like eons ago.
      • July 27, 2017
    • StevenVelazquez
      StevenVelazquez Thanks for the replies everyone!

Yes this is a x32 core rack.. The system pictured above in my last reply, has a SD8 connected to it. Thus it would have "analog outs" I would assume.

The other system we have in operation also has 2 SD8 Digital Snakes connected to it.

These are connected via AES50 (A/B are connected directly to the X32, not daisy chained)

As noted above, I'm trying to get the main outs of the X32 to sum to 1 or more of the outs of the SD8 (A) however, when doing so I can only hear the inputs of the SD8 (A) but nothing from the SD8 (B)

If listening to the main outs or headphone jack, I can hear all inputs from A & B.

Thanks again for replies and assistance!!
      • July 28, 2017
  • ChrisHornick
    Contributor - Level 2
    2017-07-09
    I'm looking to upgrade our monitor board to a M32R and DL32 to expand it to 32 channels. Down the road I'd like to upgrade our FOH to a M32. I'd like to keep my analog rack snake with a multipin split in case we have to use another PA or house snake.

I'm new to digital snakes and using the midas systems. Is it possible for me to run it like this:
    Analog Snake -> DL32
    DL32->M32R Monitor Board
    DL32-> M32 FOH

Do I only need one DL32 to make this work? Can I just use the AES50 A out to FOH and AES50 B to the monitor board and all the gain/signals will work?

Thanks for your help,
    Chris
    read more...
    0 2,142
    • ChrisHornick
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum. I don't have a lot of experience with the DL32, but do know that its configuration is a bit different than the S16 that I have experience with. From what I've read/heard/understood, the DL32 can have 2 consoles connected (one to each of the AES50 port). But only the console connected to the A port has headamp (gain, phantom) control.
      • July 9, 2017
    • ChrisHornick
      CraigFowler What Paul said. The other thing to keep in mind is that only outputs from the console connected to the DL32's A socket will appear on the DL32's XLR outputs.

This can be a problem if you've got monitors on A, FOH on B, and you need to get FOH signals to the DL32's XLR outputs. Of course FOH outputs can come directly out of the FOH console's own analogue out sockets if you need them there at the mix position, but it's a problem if you then have to run analogue back down to the amp rack on stage from the FOH console, when there's already an AES50 cable there.

The other thing is that the console connected to the DL32's A socket will also be the DL32's clock master. That could be a problem if you wanted the B console to be clock master.

What would be easier is to run DL32>Monitor console>FOH console. You can use the Monitor console as a passthrough and end up with a mix of Monitor+FOH outputs on the DL32's XLR outputs. This also give you the option of which console to use to control preamps, and which console will act as clock master.
      • July 9, 2017
    • ChrisHornick
      ChrisHornick Thanks Craig. Would this solve the output issue as well? Would the gains at FOH also control the monitor board.

I really appreciate the help,

Chris

Craig Fowler;126947 wrote:

What would be easier is to run DL32>Monitor console>FOH console. You can use the Monitor console as a passthrough and end up with a mix of Monitor+FOH outputs on the DL32's XLR outputs. This also give you the option of which console to use to control preamps, and which console will act as clock master.
      • July 10, 2017
    • ChrisHornick
      CraigFowler Running stagebox>console>console makes it far easier to get signals from both consoles (eg monitor buses from the monitor console and LRM + front\side fills from the FOH console) onto the DL32's XLR outputs. It's a lot more complicated and there are more restrictions if you try to do it console>stagebox>console.

By default, whichever console is closest (ie plugged in directly) to the stagebox would control the stagebox's preamps (gain and +48v.) With the solution I suggested, as the connectivity is stagebox>monitor console>FOH console, the monitor console would have preamp control by default, as it's plugged in directly to the DL32, and the FOH console automatically gets its own -+18dB digital trim on each channel; (it's channel "gain" encoder in the channel strip becomes a trim control.)

However, you can force the monitor console to relinquish preamp control to the FOH console if you want, so the FOH console would have control of the stagebox's (+monitor console's own local) preamps. If you do this, the FOH console would get gain and +48V control, and the monitor console automatically gets its own -+18dB digital trim on each channel.

Additionally, you can engage "gain splitting" on whichever console does have preamp control (normally you'd do this after preamp gains are set for an easy workflow.) This exposes that console's own -+18dB trim digital control on each channel, so trim adjustments can be made at the top of the channel strip without affecting the level at the other console. This means (once the preamp gains are set,) both console operators have got -+18dB to play with without affecting each other.

If it's determined that a preamp's gain does need to be adjusted later (eg a guitarist suddenly patches in a wah pedal at adds 20dB to the signal,) the operator of the console with preamp control can still access the preamp's gain by going to the setup>preamps page.

Finally, running stagebox>console>console allows you to choose which console will be clock master (or they can both be slaves; important if your system is expanded such that you find that a certain device MUST be clockmaster because it cannot slave from anywhere else.)
      • July 10, 2017
    • ChrisHornick
      ChrisHornick Hi Craig,

The gain splitting makes sense to me. That way FOH/Monitor boards won't change each other. Thank you so much for your help. This is going to be a much easier setup than I originaly thought.

- Chris

Craig Fowler;126976 wrote:

Additionally, you can engage "gain splitting" on whichever console does have preamp control (normally you'd do this after preamp gains are set for an easy workflow.) This exposes that console's own -+18dB trim digital control on each channel, so trim adjustments can be made at the top of the channel strip without affecting the level at the other console. This means (once the preamp gains are set,) both console operators have got -+18dB to play with without affecting each other.

• July 10, 2017
  • goodwillwin
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-05-15

New here...well, first post. I've read for years. You guys are brilliant. Now I'm stumped.

Here is my setup:

SD16 a > S16 b <a> S16 b <a> X32 a <b> M32C a (if that is the right way to phrase it)

I am new to M32C. Introducing it to seperate mix for live stream. I have routed everything to get signal from S16 snakes and then X32 except the local Aux ins. This is where the iPod, iMac 1, and iMac 2 stereo audio signals come in. I could remap Aux ins to local 1-8 since I am not using them on X32, but I don't have the cables to do that (1/8" - xlr). 

I've tried what seems like every option to remap Aux Ins on M32C to get signal but have yet to succeed. I'm sure it staring me in the face. Could you help me figure it out?

Also, side bar - what is th best way to get ONLY the main LR to go out the monitor sends of the M32C since those ar ethe only local outputs it has? It is working as is, but I don't want to hit a solo button by accident and lose my mix online. 

Thanks ahead of time. 

read more...
    0 172
    • goodwillwin
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Will @goodwillwin

Welcome to the forum. If you are wanting the Aux Ins of the X32 to be sent to the Aux Ins of the M32C, you will need to assign the AuxIn 1-6/TB to the first AES50 bank (in X32 Routing, AES50 A or B), then shift the other assignments over one bank.Then on the M32C Routing, home (Inputs), you would assign the Aux In Remap to that AES50, then shift the other inputs back over one bank.

• May 15, 2019
    • goodwillwin
      goodwillwin

Thanks Paul. That fixed it. Tried to respond earlier but had issues with website. Works great on phone, not so

much on pc browse 

• May 19, 2019
  • novatai
    Contributor - Level 2
    2013-01-01
    I'm about to re-invent my rack-based setup to a floor-based setup in a few weeks, and I just want to be prepared with the right info before I dive in. This involves replacing my Marshall JMP-1 in the rack with a Nova Drive (on it's way in the mail) on the floor.

I think I'm reading in an old thread that the Midi-out of the G-System will not act as a Midi-through?

So if I have program changes coming from a PC into the Midi-in of the G-system (say patch 10-5) and the midi map is set to send program changes from the Midi-out to the Nova Drive (say patch 6), will this work? Or does it actually require pressing a patch on the g-system itself before the midi out will work to the Nova Drive?
    read more...
    0 1,254
  • amagalma
    Contributor - Level 2
    2013-01-07
    Hello!

I read in the manual:
    Hi-Cut
    Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
    This parameter reduces the high-end frequencies in the
    chorus effect. Try using this parameter if you feel the
    chorus effect is too dominant in your sound and turning
    down the Mix or Out level doesn’t give you the
    dampening of the Chorus effect you are looking for.

Where is the effect Mix or Out level located?

Thank you
    read more...
    0 3,056
  • HeikoKnuettel
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-04

When connected via USB over an USB hub the software cannot find the synthesizers.

Developers, please take a look at it, it is annoying. There are not that many USB ports on a PC. The Deepmind software works fine, the software of every other synthesizer works fine, both Model D and Neutron are working fine with MIDI over USB, but that darn software won't. I suggest you get rid of that autosearch for devices and let us simply choose the right device and MIDI channel, it works well with the Deepmind, so you should not have problems to do it exactly the same way.

Please, please, please, and thanks.

read more...
    0 168
    • HeikoKnuettel
      masi

My Neutron is detected by the Neutron app and Reaper via my powered USB hub.

Masi

• January 6, 2020
Go to page