Statistics

259,717 members
138,123 posts
  • RyanMelander
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-02-08
    Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post and offering any assistance.
    I really could use some of your audio professional and audio enthusiast help.

I am a 46 year old, business professional that absolutely enjoys playing PC Video games. The type of games that I play have voice over ip, allowing communication between teammates. For years I have used Blue Mics that connect directly to the PC with a USB connection.

Last April I decided to upgrade all of my audio equipment by purchasing a Grace Design M900 headphone amp and a pair of Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pro studio headphones. All I can say is this was an amazing upgrade to what I hear in gaming and music enjoyment.

So, my next thing to upgrade was my microphone. So, in December (after doing a tremendous amount of research, I purchased a Shure SM7b and an Auident Id14 audio interface. After connecting this to my PC I decided to invest in a Cloudlifter to offer some additional power that I felt was lacking.

Ultimately the Shure mic, Auident audio interface and cloudlifter, finally upgraded my audio to a professional level, which had made the gaming/communication experience very rewarding.

So, with my limited knowledge of audio, I recently decided to fine tune how the mic sounds to other players. So, I decided to purchase a TC Helicon Voice Tone Correct XT to make the fine tuning much easier than utilizing a mixer approach (which I know very little about).

So, I wanted to check and make sure that you guys and gals think I have taken the correct approach or if you would suggest something different?

The following is how I have the mic setup:
    Mic - Cloudlifter - HT Helicon Voice correct (phantom power engaged) - Auident (Audio Interface) - PC

Thanks again for any input you all might offer.
    read more...
    0 377
    • RyanMelander
      TCH-Spencer

Hey Ryan,

That sounds like an awesome setup!  And it seems like you've got the path figured out and everything set up properly.  If you ever want to add more voice effects, a soundboard/sampler, and the ability to control multiple audio streams at once (your voice, background music, game audio, etc) maybe consider GoXLR as an upgrade at some point.  It'll certainly be pricier than the Correct XT you picked up, but in terms of integrating with Windows and gaming it'll be miles above, just something to consider for the future if you ever want to upgrade   Cheers!

• February 19, 2019
  • fatoad
    Contributor - Level 2
    2015-02-12
    I've downloaded the WIN version of my Virus Multi license of my PoCo Element,since I use PC exclusively,but recently I wanna try MAC,then I found that the Virus Single & Multi license I bought is now shown "Not Available" in my TC account.Suddenly I remembered that once TC has already informed this in an E-mail...Please help,I live in China and the support page AND even Gmail are blocked by Great Firewall(Damn!What's wrong with their brains?)So all I can try is post a topic on the forum.
    My Powercore account is [email protected],so many thanks!
    read more...
    0 1,542
    • fatoad
      kongni I think you could send e-mail to the customer directly, to solve faster.
      • February 12, 2015
    • fatoad
      fatoad

kongni wrote:

I think you could send e-mail to the customer directly, to solve faster.

Thank you,I'll try to use the VPN to contact customer support.
      • February 13, 2015
  • WarrenSmith
    Contributor - Level 1
    2016-03-29
    Hey there,
    Can anyone tell me what size is the wrench that is used to setup the frame for the XD8USB drum set, please?
    0 464
  • TsolisKostantin
    Contributor - Level 2
    2016-09-24
    Hi to all!
    I am Kostas and I am a little bit confused working my new Xenyx qx1204.

I just sold my FX1202 and bought a console.

Is there any block diagram and about this model?

I would like to know if alt 3/4 can play simultaneously with MAIN MIX in order to hoop up my recording or monitors there or whatever output I want to hear in the same time with Main Mix.

I would also like to know if I can monitor the same level of effects that goes to my main mix, on my control room out as well.

Can this console record every channel separately via usb interface?

When I connect the usb the console stops playing music via the main out. Why? May I record via usb and listen via main, control room, 2track out and alt3/4 at the same time?

Thanks in advance!
    read more...
    0 2,252
    • TsolisKostantin
      Paul_Vannatto

Tsolis Kostantinos;85569 wrote:

Is there any block diagram and about this model?

Hi Tsolis, welcome to the forum. No there is no block diagram available as far as I know.

I would like to know if alt 3/4 can play simultaneously with MAIN MIX in order to hoop up my recording or monitors there or whatever output I want to hear in the same time with Main Mix.

The Alt 3/4 is meant to be a toggle either to the Main LR or the Alt 3/4 outputs, not both.

I would also like to know if I can monitor the same level of effects that goes to my main mix, on my control room out as well.

The built-in Fx engine is tied to the Aux 2 (orange knobs). The stereo returns from the Fx can only be assigned to the Main LR or the Alt 3/4.

Can this console record every channel separately via usb interface?

No, it is only a 2 in/ 2 out USB interface

When I connect the usb the console stops playing music via the main out. Why? May I record via usb and listen via main, control room, 2track out and alt3/4 at the same time

That I'm not sure
      • September 24, 2016
    • TsolisKostantin
      TsolisKostantin Thanks for the quick reply!

My current setup is: Main out->EQ->compressor->amp (6 speaker + sub woofer)

Control Room out: 2 M-audio BX5a Studio Monitors facing the stage.

Aux Sends: A BOSS subwoofer with its 2 satellites as a "record" monitor (This is located higher than the stage and I want to hear the complete sound -effects included- when we have a Live event)

Now I have hooked the 2track out to PC in (SB audigy platinum 2) line in, to record. Will it be better to record via usb? BUT I want all of my setup (main out, ctrl room monitors and Aux sends) to play as I record because there are people listening the live at the same time!!

I am using Cool Edit Pro 2 (Audacity crashes all the time and seems pretty "cheap" plus I am used to Cool Edit.

Thanks!
      • September 24, 2016
    • TsolisKostantin
      TsolisKostantin Thanks for the quick reply!

I have written another reply but.. POUF it disappeared!

So what may be an reasonable and handy use of Alt 3-4? I can't think of one yet!

I have read that MUTED channels play through Alt3-4 out.

I have also read that the monitors should better be without fx so I will go with it..

I will also change the order of eq->comp to: Comp->eq after reading some articles.

Also: AUX returns may be used as a "line in"?

Thanks!
      • September 24, 2016
    • TsolisKostantin
      Paul_Vannatto

Tsolis Kostantinos;85581 wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have written another reply but.. POUF it disappeared!

Your first 5 posts have to be approved. I was away (doing sound for a songwriters workshop). Once you have got past the first 5 posts, your posts should appear immediately after posting them.

So what may be an reasonable and handy use of Alt 3-4? I can't think of one yet!

I have read that MUTED channels play through Alt3-4 out.

I remember asking the same thing when I had one of those small analog mixers. Never did find a use for the Alt 3/4. But the same buttons function as mutes.

I have also read that the monitors should better be without fx so I will go with it..

All the musicians (except one) I do sound with do not want Fx in their monitor.

Also: AUX returns may be used as a "line in"?

Yes that is correct.
      • September 24, 2016
    • TsolisKostantin
      TsolisKostantin Sorry for "spamming" I haven't seen that posts needed approval! My bad!

So, maybe behringer may share the block diagram from Qx1204usb?

Also will it be better to record via usb or via 2track out?

When I want to record 6 channels (it has compressors on the first ch) is it ok to use a compressor software for input of sound card on pc or it will make the recording sound crappy?
      • September 24, 2016
  • RickPike
    Contributor - Level 1
    2017-01-21
    Does the Sub setting on the Settings page sum both left and right out?
    0 851
  • ErikLauriKulo
    Contributor - Level 1
    2017-11-13
    Hello,

When modulating the tone mod of DCO2 with an LFO, it will frequently produce an audible glitch. It doesn't happen in a fixed span from what I can tell, but it happens perhaps every minute or more often.

Here is what it sounds like with LFO1 S&G: https://clyp.it/ebyvdqhw (image: https://imgur.com/a/td9Ja)
    Here is what it sounds like with LFO1 triangle: https://clyp.it/lcotznlf (image: https://imgur.com/a/bfK50)

I have tried to reproduce the glitch with no modulation, but the waveform runs fine for several minutes and even changing the tone mod manually works with no glitch ever occurring.

I have also tried to max out the slew rate with no difference and I have tried different amounts of tone mod but the glitch occurs anyhow.

I have not done any calibration yet. Should I? [EDIT: I have now run a calibration and the issue is still there.]

Thanks in advance for the support and thank you for an otherwise great product.
    read more...
    0 233
  • JosephPeterson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2015-04-13
    Since my previous thread here went unanswered, I am hoping to find some suggestions for what inexpensive external audio recording device would be best to use for recording spoken word?
    We previously used a Panasonic RR-XR800, which has grown legs and walked away. Currently we are borrowing a Sony ICD-AX412 from a member of the church until I can determine how to proceed.
    I find the quality of both the Panasonic and the Sony to be sub-par, and while it's only spoken word, I'd still like to avoid "digital static" if possible (and without the enormous file size of the wav files recorded internally on the X32!)

I know there's also a way to record to a PC connected via firewire to the board, but we don't currently have a PC near the board and aren't looking to change that at this time. Having a dedicated recording device seems easiest as I just hit "record" at the beginning of the sermon and "stop" at the end, then hand the device to the guy who does the upload to our website and he snips out the hymn and posts the mp3.

I do have a Zoom H4N but I'd prefer not having to carry that to/from the church (or risk leaving it and having THAT grow legs as well!) any other sub $50 suggestions?

Thank you!
    read more...
    0 603
  • JanneKoskela
    Contributor - Level 2
    2015-10-10

Hi guys,

Those of you still waiting for the official release of the latest beta (2.1) firmware, I confirm that it's really worth the wait! I know there are still some bumps that the guys are ironing out, but my overall impression has been it's a steady build.

USB audio has been working really smooth with my iPad mini 2 connected via Camera Kit. Good quality audio straight into iPad camera makes it really easy to shoot a video on the run!

Another great thing is that BeatBuddy drum pedal now syncs seamlessly to the looper. I can have the BB fill-in intro on, and still start the loop recording at the first beat right after the fill-in.

See-hear

https://youtu.be/JdfJy4Ww-jI

(and share, as I attended a competition and would really like to win the grand prize, a Martin D-45 custom)

Janne
    read more...
    0 159
  • matyas
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-01-11
    I recently purchased a new MacBook Pro that has only Thunderbolt 3 ports. Unlike Thunderbolt 2, there are few easy ways to connect FireWire devices directly to Thunderbolt 3 ports. However, Other World Computing manufactures a Thunderbolt 3 Dock that supplies all of the ports “missing” from the new Macs, including FireWire.

I am pleased to confirm that the StudioKonnekt 48 is working using this dock and the most recent driver under 10.13. Honestly, I was not expecting this to work, and I planned on relegating the trusty SK48 to use on my desktop machine, but so far, everything seems to be behaving.

Caveats: I still haven’t tested it extensively, just confirmed that the device is recognized and I can get audio in and out of it. I have not subjected it to critical recording tasks at this point. Also, please bear in mind that my hardware and software configurations might be different from yours, and what works for me may not work for you.
    read more...
    0 1,289
    • matyas
      biochill Thanks matyas, good to know.
      • January 23, 2018
    • matyas
      melodeus This is great to hear. I'm in the same boat. New computers don't have firewire ports anymore and the OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock costs $299.00 so I wonder if it would not be better in the long-term to get another audio interface. I have the Connect 48 but don't actually need that many inputs.
      • December 19, 2018
  • dmpol18
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-01-08
    Hi!
    I have a problem.
    I have two daisy chained TC Konnekt 8 devices.
    They are working and I can monitor both of them in a DAW.
    However, I can't show in a mixer view linked device and monitor them directly in a TC NEAR Software.
    I can choose different inputs of linked device, but
    read more...
    0 266
Go to page