• SørenNørnberg
    Contributor - Level 2
    2017-11-27
    I have created 3 DCA groups.
    1. Lead singers
    2. Backing singers
    3. Accordions

It works as expected.

When I change to AUX 1, AUX 2 or AUX 3, I see the selected channels is also connected to the DCA groups.

Now my question is, if I change the level for DCA group 1, will this change the level for the main speakers and the monitors?

I'm using X-Air edit for PC.

Søren
    read more...
    0 709
  • Iura
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-01

can't i update softu if you could help me with a session through team viewer ??

0 46
  • JohnRobson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-07-23
    I have an XR16 and an XTouch.

When these are powered on, and a recording is started it gets a 2014 timestamp, which I presume is it's own epoch + time since power on.

If I connect via a tablet or computer then the time is pulled from the app...
    Given that we have a network connection, could we not pull time from an NTP server?

Failing that, does anyone know what the relevant OSC is for setting the time, I can probably script something to keep poking it...

Line 229 in the 1.14 docs:

-action/
    setclock (14) // set clock ('20YYMMDDHHMMSS'), ignored on X18/XR18
    read more...
    0 284
    • JohnRobson
      Paul_Vannatto Hi John,

The actual OSC command is

/-action/setclock

So depending on which OSC format the sending program uses, for today at 9:45 am the full command line would be

/-action/setclock 20180723094500

or

/-action/setclock ,s 20180723094500
      • July 22, 2018
  • DwayneBrown
    Contributor - Level 1
    2018-06-25
    Hello, can anyone please tell me how to add delay on just the last word of a phrase ,,, I have a voicelive play GTX

Thanks DB
    0 428
    • DwayneBrown
      TCH-Spencer Hey Dwayne,

Have you tried using the "Hit" footswitch? If you map the "Control" of the vocal delay effect to the "Hit" footswitch, you can use the rightmost footswitch on the GTX to toggle delay on and off. So at the end of your phrase you can press "Hit" to engage delay on the last word or two, then when the phrase is done press "Hit" again to disengage the delay. Alternatively you could use a Switch-3 footswitch, and map delay to be momentary which means it's only active when you're pressing down the footswitch - that's only possible with a Switch-3 though. Cheers!
      • July 30, 2018
  • NormMast
    Contributor - Level 2
    2017-12-07
    I've changed my snippets for our in ear bus to better reflect where they are on stage. However, once I power the board off, and turn back on, they always revert back to a previous label. I've gone into my scene view, and selected the second knob from the left, labeled pressed that as a way of preserving my change. Am I doing something wrong?
    EDIT: OK, I just realized that what I am changing is the info of my scribble strip. In the scribble strip tab, I select the 5th dial from the left, called , I make my changes there, and then I'm selecting 6th dial from the left ,
    read more...
    0 249
    • NormMast
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Norm,

At first read of your post, it made no sense whatsoever. Snippets are micro scenes and can be created either on the snippet screen or externally using a text editor or Scene Parser. Then I realized that you are actually referring to the scribble strip names, not snippets. If you choose to edit the scribble strip on the Setup, Scribble Strip screen, once you have completed the edit, simply select the Exit (6th encoder) and it will save your changes. But these changes should be saved as part of a scene as well if you want to recall them at a later time.
      • December 7, 2017
    • NormMast
      NormMast

Paul Vannatto;136626 wrote:

Hi Norm,

At first read of your post, it made no sense whatsoever. Snippets are micro scenes and can be created either on the snippet screen or externally using a text editor or Scene Parser. Then I realized that you are actually referring to the scribble strip names, not snippets. If you choose to edit the scribble strip on the Setup, Scribble Strip screen, once you have completed the edit, simply select the Exit (6th encoder) and it will save your changes. But these changes should be saved as part of a scene as well if you want to recall them at a later time.

Thanks Paul...after I made the edit I tried to change my topic line as well, but no such luck. 2 points here....after worship team finished this eve, I shut the board down, waited a few minutes, and turned it back on. My scribble changes held, were still there. Last week when I did the same thing, they wouldn't hold. I obviously did something different for them to hold tonight.

But these changes should be saved as part of a scene as well if you want to recall them at a later time.

Are you saying above here that I should also go to my scenes page and save the scene I have open for these to hold? I believe I may have done that as well this eve,which would explain the changes still being there when I powered back up again. I'm hoping Sunday morn when I am there that I see the changes still. This new board has been fun learning ....much different than an 'old' analog unit. I appreciate the help I've received here as well.
      • December 7, 2017
    • NormMast
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Norm,

Glad to hear that your changes remained as expected. If you are expecting to make a change then quickly turn off the console and expect it to be saved automatically, it may or may not happen. The X32 saves it's current state every 2 minutes or so, meaning if you turn it off prior to that, the changes may not be saved.

But it is not a good idea to rely on the current state to be always there. As users use the console, they will probably make changes, overwriting what was previously there. It is far better to save the default setup as a default scene and back that scene up by exporting it to a USB stick and/or computer drive. That is what we have done at our church for the past 5 years. There are 3 of us that take turns doing sound and each of us have different ways of doing it. Each of us know that we can load the default scene and start from there.

I'll make the correction to the topic title for you
      • December 7, 2017
  • BenAlex
    Contributor - Level 2
    2014-05-16
    Hello all,

Our pianist has a Nord stage 2, and tells me has 4 x unbalanced line level outputs using a jack. Jack to XLR cables and adapters are quite easily available, but how would I go about changing the mic level input to the line level input on the S16 please?

Would I need to use a DI in between?

Thanks.

Kind regards.
    read more...
    0 1,265
    • BenAlex
      MichaelMendelso The S16 manual has the technical specs in the back,and it says this:

A/D-Conversion: 114 dB dynamic range

Non-clip maximum input: +23 dBu

This means you can feed up to 10V into the S16 before you notice distortion. Line levels are no problem at all.

The Midas preamps are just that good. Just turn the preamp on the S16 down more than you would with the microphones.

You might need a DI box if the S16 and the Nord are not on the same power outlet, because then you could get ground hum. I generally like to have all equipment on DI boxes no matter what, because it insulates the mixer electrically against anything going wrong with the other equipment. Also, you can attach longer cables on the XLR side of the DI box and still get a clean signal.
      • May 16, 2014
  • BenAlex
    Contributor - Level 2
    2014-05-23
    Hi all,

Is my understanding correct that for a Channel to go to mainC/mainLR, I do not have to do any specific configuration? I am currently configuring my box, and I can route the Channel 1 to various MixBuses; and MixBuses to Matrices; however, I see no specific option to route to mainC/mainLR.

Is my understanding correct?

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards.
    read more...
    0 837
    • BenAlex
      Paul_Vannatto Hi suomynona,

Yes you can choose to route to the mainC and/or mainLR by engaging the Mono and/or LR buttons (to the left side of the display).

Paul
      • May 23, 2014
    • BenAlex
      MichaelMendelso LR is on by default, and Mono is off.

Select a channel or bus, go to HOME/home, and find it.
      • May 23, 2014
    • BenAlex
      BenAlex thanks so much!
      • May 23, 2014
  • PrakashChettri
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-20
    Hi there, my name is Prakash Chettri from India. Few days back i brought new behringer x32 compact for my home studio but it's not working as sound card, not connecting with pc properly. Upgraded 4.02 version firmware installed letest 4.59 driver and tried older 4.11 version also but it's not working. DAW control is working properly and mixer aslo working properly like mics and speakers but when i connect with the DAW it's not working properly sometimes it works and after sometimes it stops automatically can'tplay anythingon pc also sound doesn't works. Watched couple of videos on YouTube and tried different routing settings but failed nothing worked. Please anyone can help me to fix this
    read more...
    0 55
    • PrakashChettri
      RexBeckett There is no point in posting the same question several times. Stick with the thread where Alex is trying to help you.
      • June 20, 2020
    • PrakashChettri
      PrakashChettri Ok
      • June 22, 2020
  • AdamPressman
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-03-16
    Hi Folks,
    Is there a way to adjust the output USB levels on the XAir18R mixer? I see nothing in setup, or in a search on the Internet. I'm recording all 16 inputs into Ableton Live on a Mac (so the I/F is the Core Audio) and the signal is there but there's not a lot of it. I know it's not the Core Audio or Ableton as I get much louder levels from other USB audio inputs.

I can fix it "in post" but we all know it's better to start with more signal than try to boost.
    Thanks.
    read more...
    0 1,651
    • AdamPressman
      ColinDavies Hi.

There is no independent gain control for the the audio signals delivered down the USB cable to your DAW . . . By default, the audio hitting your DAW is tapped directly from the analog inputs - i.e. post-channel gain but pre everything else.

So the volume hitting your DAW is determined by the XR18 channel gain.

The general recommendation is that you adjust the channel gains to give about -18dB of signal, with peaks no louder than -12dB. Given the noise floor of the XR18 preamps and when DAW recording at 24-bit/48KHz, this gives a very healthy signal with plenty of headroom.

This recommendation is particularly important if you have many inputs - I regularly multi-track record bands with 10-14 inputs (into Reaper) and have never* had a problem with digital overs.

This same recommendation is of benefit for live sound reinforcement without recording - if you can keep your mic gains as low as possible (given the noise floor and stage spill) you will have less risk of feedback. If the band isn't loud enough, turn up the output faders, or even the PA amp volume, not the channel gains

*not absolutely true - my first attempt at live, multi-track recording with the XR18 was awful because I tried to adjust each channel gain to give the hottest signal without clipping. Lesson learned...
      • March 17, 2018
  • AlbertMitchell
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-04-04
    In the xair apps (android in my case) what order are the effects slots in? They're referred to as fx1 2 3 4 in several places in the app but they don't seem to be numbered in the rack.

Is it

1 2
    3 4

Or

1 3
    2 4

Thanks!
    read more...
    0 339
    • AlbertMitchell
      RexBeckett In the standard Android app the order is:

1 2
      3 4

In Mixing Station X-Air the order is:

1 3
      2 4

In either case, if you click on the main button in each block (at the top, labelled with the selected effect) it shows you the slot number at the top of the page.
      • April 3, 2018
Go to page