Statistics

285,615 members
167,600 posts
  • WayneRead
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-08-20

Hiya 

I just watched a video on Ringing Monitors by Behringer and I noticed that on the guys RTA / EQ his sound is often well above the line in the middle of the screen. 

My levels never get that high - maybe half way to the line - Am I doing something wrong or does he just have a very hot mic?

thanks

Wayne

read more...
    0 44
    • WayneRead
      RexBeckett Some users run their mic preamps at higher gains. I usually set them to give a peak of -12dBFS on the input meters at performance volumes. This gives a good working/recorded level and leaves sufficient headroom for performance variations. Perhaps, for the video, the gains and faders were lifted to induce feedback more readily?
      • August 20, 2020
    • WayneRead
      DanielPaine You can change settings of the RTA in Meters->RTA. In here you can select Autogain or if you want greater control you can switch this off and adjust the level to suit your needs.
      • August 20, 2020
  • JULIANZAPPAL
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-27

Hi, i bought two interfaces (Behringer UMC202HD and Behringer UMC404HD) because i want to record my drum with six channels using six microphnes but there's a problem with the drivers and only regconize the UMC404HD'S channels 1 & 2 or UMC202HD´s channels 1 & 2, not both. What can i do?

read more...
    0 39
    • JULIANZAPPAL
      KyleJohnson Hi Julian, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Recording software will only ever look at one input device to get signal from for tracking. What you need to do is set up what's called an Aggregate device. It's fairly simple on Mac OS, and fairly tricky on Windows. Take a look at this guide: https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/aggregate-audio-devices-and-drivers-for-pc-and-mac/
      • October 27, 2020
      • Recording with two interfaces
        JULIANZAPPAL Hi, already installed ASIO4ALL 2.14, in fact, i had installed spanish version 2.13, and althought regconize the devices, only one record, i think there's problem with the Behringer's drivers, so it can´t performance both interfaces, maybe if someone works with different driver. Is there some solution? or, do i have work with two DAWS?
        • October 28, 2020
      • Recording with two interfaces
        KyleJohnson Thanks for your feedback. For further troubleshooting I recommend you submit a Support ticket through the Support link at the top of the page.
        • October 29, 2020
  • SimonEugene
    Contributor - Level 2
    2017-02-02

Is there any plan for an update that allows for accessing loops B and C from the Switch 3 or 6 on the voicelive 3? To me, this would be the difference as to whether I keep the Voicelive or not. When I'm standing playing, hovering my foot in the air to hit the Loop A/B buttons just doesn't work, its not comfortable and it looks rubbish as well.

I think you would be on to the biggest winner of you made it possible to access this from the footswitch, that way you can keep the foot naturally on the floor and make it much easier. I find that the B and C loops are the ones I really want to access all the time for switching from verse to chorus parts and back.

Please could you let us know whether this is in the planning or out of the question. If its out of the question I won't hold on to the voicelive.

Many thanks
    read more...
    0 713
    • SimonEugene
      JocelynOldham
      This would be nice, but I kind of want a switch 12 or ability to have two 6's! I've run out of buttons!

I just posted on another thread, but do you know what the looptrigger D, E, F, G, H is all about? I was re-mapping some switch 6 buttons and noticed that option. Of course I tried out A, B & C and while A worked to trigger the A loop, B or C did not do anything. So I'm obviously missing something.

Any insight?

Thanks!
      • February 2, 2017
    • SimonEugene
      JocelynOldham
      Disregard the loop trigger question... I just figured it out.
      • February 2, 2017
    • SimonEugene
      guitarhacker Hi Jocelyn ,

since you have a feel for looptriggers.

Do you know if its now possible to have 50 presets each with a "looptrigger" buttonmapped to a different "sample"?
      • March 27, 2017
    • SimonEugene
      bentstavanger

Jocelyn Oldham;102123 wrote:

Disregard the loop trigger question... I just figured it out.

Hello Jocelyn!

What did you figure out? Please share!

I'm having big troubles figuring out the looper as well as the loop triggers and how these can be controlled from Switch-6. I would love to be able to access all three loop tracks from Switch-6, but as far as I can tell, this can only be done by using the loop triggers. The loop triggers only work as play/stop buttons, so the loops need to be pre-recorded. The loop triggers have a different way of handling the combinations of tracks A, B, and C than the loop layer, and I can live with that. But the triggered loops are neither queued nor in sync with the metronome! They each start at the exact moment the footswitch is pressed down, which requires a superhuman accuracy to be useful at all!

Have I completely misunderstood something? I want to be able to do the following:

1) Live looping with Switch-6, using tracks A, B, and C of a given loop slot.

2) Triggering pre-recorded loops from Switch-6 in sync with the metronome and preferably queued, so I can make "flexible backing tracks". I.e. arrange a number of loops for the different sections of a song, that I can then shuffle around on the fly in a live situation.

Are these two tasks at all possible with the VL3X + Switch-6? :-/
      • July 17, 2017
    • SimonEugene
      DaliborJankovic Hi,

Switch 3/6 access to Loop B and C would be nice. It's very useful and missing.

Thanks
      • July 21, 2017
  • ShadyMcCreeinCO
    Contributor - Level 2
    2015-01-08
    Hello, first post to the forum and first TC product!

I have an acoustic duo and use an IPAD 2 (older model with 30 pin connector) for setlists/lyrics. When i found out about the Toneprints and IPAD app i thought this would be great. So i just purchased a Flashback Mini Delay and then realized it has a mini-b input on the pedal. How do you connect these two together (30-pin to mini-b)? Does such an adapter exist? I have not had much success finding this type. The alternative could be 30-pin to USB, a USB to mini-b and then connect the two via USB-USB adapter. That sounds like a lot of trouble and asking for connection problems.

Does anyone else us an older IPAD and TC products and have a solution?

Thanks very much!

Drew
    read more...
    0 1,448
    • ShadyMcCreeinCO
      TC-Mike hi Drew,

you need the older camera connection kit from apple for the USB connection to your pedal:

http://store.apple.com/dk/product/MC531ZM/A/apple-ipad-camera-connection-kit?fnode=3a
      • January 8, 2015
    • ShadyMcCreeinCO
      ShadyMcCreeinCO Mike, thanks for sending this solution. Would a coupler (USB female to female) also work? I have the normal 30 pin USB cord (attach to IPAD) and i also have a mini-B USB cord (attach to pedal), and couple in between? save me some bucks, plus i actually can use the footage as my IPAD is attached to Mic stand so I would need to also buy a longer mini-b cord if i use the Apple solution below.

thanks for you help.

drew
      • January 9, 2015
    • ShadyMcCreeinCO
      ShadyMcCreeinCO Quick follow up - i tried a coupler and it DID NOT work. just bought the IPAD camera adapter kit and IPAD now connected and seeing the mini delay.
      • January 16, 2015
  • New
    dipmyster96
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-11

Hey can anyone help. I have a U-PHORIA UMC1820 and use my RODE NT1-A condenser mic for vocal recording through Logic Pro x DAW. However, of recent my audio is distorted and there's a lot of crackling when playing back. I use 48v and tried almost every possible solution but no luck. When I use another interface (Focusrite Scarlett 2i2) with the same mic, cable and setup, I get no issues. Can someone please advise and help. Maybe the interface is just a bad one out of a bunch :/

read more...
    0 209
    • dipmyster96
      Nigel67 Hi Dipo. You say that just recently the audio is distorted. Does this mean that the UMC1820 has been working fine, but then developed this issue, or has it been doing this since you purchased it. When recording to the DAW, if you monitor on headphones on the UMC, can you hear the crackling, or is it literally just on playback to the UMC. When you use the Focusrite, are you using the same USB cable?
      • December 13, 2020
    • dipmyster96
      dipmyster96 Hi, yes recording has been fine the past couple months. This has only recently become an issue and only occurs on playback. With headphones on, there is no crackling. I use the same USB cable for the Focusrite. I’ve also noticed the interface to get quite warm quicker than usually and on some occasions get a bit too hot. I’ve only had it since June/July.
      • December 14, 2020
  • guillespiers
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-03-20
    Hi there! I found this on the G´s manual:

"To ensure maximum stability, a blank 19" faceplate must be mounted instead of the GFX01 after it has been removed from the Control Board."

I´ve been using the GSYSTEM without it and had any issues. In fact, it´s lighter!
    read more...
    0 7,598
    • guillespiers
      joeydego After dropping 1400 on this thing, I figured the extra 10 bucks wasn't unreasonable.
      • March 20, 2012
    • guillespiers
      guillespiers Thanks joeydego! You are totally right, in fact, i´m going to buy one this weekend!

But, what is the main purpose of the faceplate? The control board could handle more weight with it?, or it´s just something about the main balance of the control board?
      • March 20, 2012
    • guillespiers
      joeydego I think its just to maintain a little better structural integrity. I wouldn't personally be doing backflips off it either way. Be sure to flip around the screws so you have more room to access those jacks for the network cable and expression pedal.
      • March 20, 2012
    • guillespiers
      Laird_Williams

guillespiers wrote:

Hi there! I found this on the G´s manual:

"To ensure maximum stability, a blank 19" faceplate must be mounted instead of the GFX01 after it has been removed from the Control Board."

I´ve been using the GSYSTEM without it and had any issues. In fact, it´s lighter!

And that is fine - until your are playing one night and lose a little balance when pressing a G-System button and accidentally put a little weight and lateral pressure on the G.

Look at this structure and imagine if you have some weight on it and put a little sideways pressure on the top.

______

| |

what you are in danger of it becoming is this:

______

/ /

When you have the faceplate in place, you substantially reduce the risk of this. As for the G being lighter without a faceplate, maybe so. But a 1U 19" rack faceplate weighs diddly-squat - so why is its weight even a consideration?

This is a personal decision - the amount of risk you are willing to take. And the fact that you have not had an issue YET is not a very good indicator of the risk involved in failing to use a faceplate.
      • March 20, 2012
    • guillespiers
      guillespiers Thank you guys so much for your answers! As I said, ill buy a faceplate soon!!
      • March 20, 2012
  • JeffSloan
    Contributor - Level 2
    2015-05-15
    Has anyone ever replaced their drivers in this powered sub-woofer with aftermarket?
    What were your results?

Will an 8 ohm speaker work since this says it is a 6 ohm speaker?
    I know I may loose some maximum output due to a higher ohm rating, but if the speaker is also more sensitive...

My hopes are, that if I have to replace them, if I use a more efficient or sensitive driver (more db at 1 watt), that I will get a louder punchier cabinet. (Way bigger magnet structures, frame, etc.)

I don't want to replace the cabinets, I want to make the ones I have better!

I have looked all over the internet and can't find any mention of anyone doing this with this cabinet.

Thanks,
    read more...
    0 2,700
    • JeffSloan
      GlennAdams A DC resistance of 6 ohms is a normal rating for an 8 ohm speaker, 8 ohms is an inductance rating.

There are lots of numbers to a speaker that can make a huge differance to porting and cabinet size.

Just throwing in a JBL could blow up the driver if no changes are made to the porting at the least.
      • May 15, 2015
    • JeffSloan
      JeffSloan I don't pretend to know for sure...but if both are 18 inches, and IF both have the same excursion, wouldn't all else be the same?

What other than size and excursion would dictate differing porting and size of the cabinet?
      • May 16, 2015
    • JeffSloan
      PatrickGMaillot Jeff,

Welcome to the world of Thiele-Small speaker parameters. This is an attempt -widely used- at unifying speaker parameters for building vented/ported cabinets. the eminence speaker page: http://www.eminence.com/support/understanding-loudspeaker-data/ gives explanations, and there are numerous links and tools on the WWW to help. Starting with checking the T/S parameters for searching a replacement driver is probably a good idea.

-Patrick
      • May 17, 2015
    • JeffSloan
      JeffSloan As I read through this, even before I get started good...good luck finding any manufacturer specs that list even a 1/4 of these listed on this site. For instance, the cabinet itself does not even list the sensitivity, only the maximum level...I think I had to find that value by looking up OEM replacement parts on a 3rd party site for this speaker...
      • May 18, 2015
    • JeffSloan
      GlennAdams FS - Q - to name a few.

Use a calculator like this. http://www.diyaudioandvideo.com/Calculator/Box/

Find all the specs of the speaker in it now. Parts Express sells a device to read out all those numbers if you can not find them. It is 100 bucks well spent if you are going to find out what will and will not work in your box. Last time I reconed an 18 inch driver it cost about $150.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dARRX-tZpg4#t=386

And yes, small changes in any of these numbers can make a big difference. You can go from less output, peaks, and even over excursion due to improper tuning of the box.

The resonance of a speaker and a box are like springs. Get them working together and it is great, get them working against each other and it is frustrating and on occasion, expensive.
      • May 20, 2015
  • LennartWåhlin
    Contributor - Level 2
    2014-05-28

VL Rack Tone->EQ->High Gain Noise

Setting up Tone profile for my voice I get

strong noise if I set the High Gain to anything but

0 dB. Plus or Minus introduce the same kind of noise.

It doesn't happen using the other EQ bands, LowGain or

Para(metric) Gain.

Cheers

Lennart
    read more...
    0 504
  • ChrisMcGrath
    Contributor - Level 1
    2017-09-19
    My brother is looking at buying a ditto x4 for the cajon and guitar.
    I have a voicelive2 which I run my vocals and guitar through.
    I'm pretty sure we can midi link things like delay etc. but would it work to sync the loop on the voicelive to his ditto? So I can throw a few vocal loops over the top?
    Thanks

P.s sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm pretty hopeless with forums and I searched for hours before posting.
    read more...
    0 416
    • ChrisMcGrath
      TCH-Spencer Hey Chris,

It would be possible to sync up the VoiceLive 2 and Ditto X4 via MIDI, but you would need a source/master to get the tempo from. Unfortunately the VoiceLive 2 cannot output MIDI tempo, it can only act as a MIDI slave (the MIDI out port is just for backup and restore operations). But if you find something capable of outputting MIDI clock, then I would send it to the X4 first, and use the THRU output to the VL2's MIDI in :]
      • September 29, 2017
  • New
    rtravers
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-14

Hi all. First time on this because I'm somewhat stumped.

I work at a school and I want to start recording kids playing music/singing. I'm using a Behringer Xenyx X2222USB mixer plugged into a PC. My problem is I have one set of speakers and they are in the same room as the microphone recording, say, vocals. When I'm recording I have to turn the speaker's power off to they don't bleed into the mic. What I want to do is to be able to turn the sound off the speakers without having to essentially unplug them. I have Main Out, Sub Out and Control Room out. Is this even possible?

Thanks.

read more...
    0 88
    • rtravers
      RexBeckett Hi rtravers, I think it would be better to connect your monitor speakers to the Control Room outputs. That way you have some other ways to mute the speakers without affecting the USB recording feed. Options include:

Turning down the Phones/Control Room level.

Selecting 2-TR/USB as the Phones/Control Room Source. It also requires that the DAW/recording software does not have monitoring enabled. This method also has the benefit of allowing you to listen to playback when the recording session is finished.

Selecting Sub 1-2 as the Phones/Control Room Source and ensuring that the Sub button is not pressed on any channel strip and also that the FX Return to Sub 1-2 button is not pressed.
      • April 14, 2021
    • rtravers
      rtravers

• April 14, 2021
Go to page