Statistics

254,976 members
132,732 posts
  • 3v1l
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-20

I have a quick question regarding the Behringer UMC404HD/UMC204HD. Does it allow 1 channel (mono) in the Windows 10 settings like this:

https://i.imgur.com/apIL3YN.png 

If not, do you know of some other interfaces that allow for this setting apart from the focusrite? I've already read in a review that the Motu M2 does not support it, and I've contacted Audient customer service and they told me that the iD4 doesn't support it either. They did say that the EVO 4 is recognised by Windows as either a stereo input or 2 mono inputs, but I'm not a big fan of 1 knob that controls everything.

read more...
    0 93
    • 3v1l
      RexBeckett

@3v1l 

Hello Ivo, welcome to the community.

The driver for UMC204HD/UMC404HD does not support a mono mode. Most DAWs would allow you to select one ASIO or WASAPI input for recording a mono track, though.

• May 20, 2020
  • PaulCard
    Contributor - Level 2
    2014-07-04

I figured some may benefit from a thread focused on sharing presets.

For electric guitar, I really like EVH's brown sound. Anyone have a good guitar preset they'd like to share?

Or perhaps others have spent a lot of time developing other sounds.....Care to share?

Thanks,

pc
    read more...
    0 464
    • PaulCard
      PaulCard
      I'm adding all of the VL3 fields to make it easier should people want to share. you can just copy/paste the labels: (btw, wondering why some of the fields in the amp block are duplicated ie, PreGn, PostGn appear twice)

AMP

Type

PreGn

PostGn

Hit Control

Lo Post

Mid Post

High Post

Lo Pre

Mid Pre

Hi Pre

Lo F Pre

Mid F Pre

Hi F Pre

Lo BW Pre

Mid BW Pre

Hi BW Pre

Mode

Amp Sag

Lo F Post

Mid F Post

Hi F Post

Lo BW Post

Mid BW Post

Hi BW Post

Spkr Gain

Spkr FC

Spkr BW

LoCut FC

Global

DRIVE

Style

PreGn

PostGn

Hit Control

Global

DELAY

Type

Feedback

Level

Hit Control

Source

Tempo

Filter Style

Ducking

Div L

Delay L

Div R

Delay R

Mod Depth

Mod Speed

Duck Thres

Duck Amt

Duck Time

Feedback L

XFE L to R

Feedback R

XFE R to L

Lo Cut

Hi Cut

Width

Trails

Global

REVERB

Type

Decay

Level

Hit Control

Early Rflct

Tail Lvel

Predelay

Ducking

Lo Color

Hi Color

Hi Factor

Diffuse

Modspeed

Moddepth

Duck Thres

Duck Amt

Duck Time

Width

Global

COMP

Type

Thresh

Ratio

Hit Control

Attack

Release

Makeup Gain

Global

WAH

Type

Resonance

Level

Hit Control

Type

Hi Cut

Pedal Min

Pedal Max

Order

Global

uMOD

Type

Level

Hit Control

Speed

Detune

Depth

Dry Gain

Width

Phase

Wave

Inv Phase

Delay Left

Delay Right

Low Cut

Hi Cut

Feedback L

Feedback R

XFE L

XFE R

Global

OCTAVER

Type

Shift

Mix

Hit Control

Global

RHYTHMIC

Type

Division

Depth

Hit Control

Target

Waveform

Global

BUTTONMAP

uMod

Mode

Parm1

Parm2

Delay

Mode

Parm1

Parm2

Reverb

Mode

Parm1

Parm2

Hit

Mode

Parm1

Parm2

Comp

Mode

Parm1

Parm2

Drive

Mode

Parm1

Parm2

Global

EXP PEDAL

Exp Pedal

Min Pos

Max Pos

Global

PRESET

Trim Lvl

Gtr Pan

• July 5, 2014
    • PaulCard
      DavidLatimer-Fi
      Hi Paul. I don't have any particularly tasty preset candy to share at this point. But I just want to thank you for taking the time to compile and post the guitar preset template (above); and likewise thank you for your helpful questions and responses in several other threads.

David

• July 5, 2014
    • PaulCard
      PaulCard
      Your welcome David! I figure if I have a question, there's likely others that have the same questions.
      • July 6, 2014
    • PaulCard
      The3Nuges
      Yeah, that goes for me too. Thanks. I am also looking for a tone, similar to what you hear on Joe Bonamassa's live version of the song Sloe Gin, or Peter Frampton's live version of Do You Feel Like We Do?.

It'll be difficult to plug in all these values, but the good news is that someone out there (can't rmember who) is working on a PC program that lets you tweak each indiviidual variable, save profiles, and swap them as individual files, which will make all of this infinitely easier.

I read in one of these threads that's they're getting close to a first release. In the meantime, thanks again.
      • July 6, 2014
    • PaulCard
      Dave18623
      So things to keep in mind,,,

There is a factor in getting tone that the VL3 simply can't recreate. The Guitar itself and then of course the hands of the player. If your looking for Peter Framptons Tone, Recreating his Marshall Amp is the Easy Part. Matching his tweaked Les Paul Custom, not so easy unless you've got a nice Les Paul Custom to start with or better yet his signature guitar. A Variax will help get you closer too. Then of course you need to play Like him to sound like him. Another factor with Peters tone is that while the VL3's talkbox is nice, Its a far cry from the real deal. Peter uses his own Framptone talkbox and that signal is split out into its own Amp. Its been shown that Peter uses 3 different Marshall's to get his tone live. I'm not saying forget it you'll never get close because the fact is you can get close and the audience can't tell the difference like we musicians can.

In my years of gigging with cover bands I've come to this conclusion. Rather than chasing every bands tone I'm trying to cover, all I really need is 4 basic sounds. Acoustic, Clean/ Funk, Crunch and Full out Distortion ala 80's Metal. With those 4 sounds I can cover anything and the drunks in the bar, they don't care as long as I'm playing their favorite song. I play a Yamaha Ty Tabor signature Guitar. this guitar has a Duncan JB in the Bridge and 2 Vintage Rails, It gives me a nice rounded Les Paul type of tone but It also has a tap so I can go to single coils for that Strat tone when needed. the Guitar works great in a cover situation where I need to get a wide variety of tones. Combine that With a Modeler like the VL3 and you've got a really gig friendly rig.

Now on the other hand If you're doing a Tribute, You better nail the tone. I'm Doing a RUSH tribute in August. HOWEVER this is a one time deal so I'm using the VL3 and truth is....its close enough (i'm quite pleased with what I'm squeezing out of it). I'f I was dong it seriously, I'd be using Alex's Signature Les Paul and the AXEFX Ultra II. Why the modeler and not a Hughes and Kettner Lifeson Signature Model? Because Alex didn't always use the H&K, The modeler gives me the flexibility to accurately recreate his tone from specific eras and he now uses it for effects processing as well.

I need to work up a Frampton tone as well. I'll be happy to share what I come up with. Just keep in mind I tweak that for my guitar and my playing style. So what sounds like Frampton to me, may not to you.
      • July 7, 2014
  • Microwave
    Contributor - Level 2
    2014-10-20
    The last Flashback X4 firmware update was in January 2013. Since then, there have been many requests.
    Adding "warble" when changing the delay time would be an indispensable feature. It was, imho, an oversight not to include it in the first place as its an integral part of the sound of many delay units and all rival products have it.
    The possibility of saving expression pedals settings in the editor would be very useful.
    Better management of the tap tempo function has also been requested by many.
    I love the Flashback X4's great sound, massive headroom and low noise but a firmware update adding these new features is well overdue.
    Please TC, don't make us feel abandoned!
    read more...
    0 2,108
    • Microwave
      Microwave Well, after three years of zero firmware updates and not a single user request met, I sold my Flashback X4 and bought something that does everything I need and is regularly updated by a very proactive and responsive company.

Au revoir...
      • May 2, 2016
  • AlexLane
    Community Manager
    2020-06-10
  • enric2020
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-04
    Hi guys, I just wanted to know if anyone can help with this internet connection problem? Obviously I have connection on my PC, and I'm trying to connect a Voicelive Play Electric Thanks!
    2 91
    • enric2020
      davidmck I have same problem and same error messages with Voicelive 3. Tried on 3 separate computers and multiple downloads/removals of voicesupport 2, and factory reset of VL3. Don't know if its anything to do with TC Helicon updating servers recently and Voicesupport still looking for files in an old location. If I find a solution I will post it here
      • July 5, 2020
      • Voicesupport 2 internet connection problem
        Nigel67 Hi enric2020 and davidmck. We are very sorry for the issues you are experiencing. This is due to a recent server migration. We're working on getting things back online and the application back to full function. In the meantime, we may be able to help with firmware updates or other device-related support. If you need assistance, please submit a Care Ticket at the Support link above. Many thanks
        • ·
        • July 7, 2020
      • Voicesupport 2 internet connection problem
        DrChris I have the same issue, Nigel - at launch, VoiceSupport (on Mac) complains about no Internet connection. I was looking to update the firmware on my Mic Mechanic 2 - not exactly critical but it's frustrating when stuff doesn't work! I'd have thought this would have been resolved by now, more than 2 months on from your post. Any situation update?
        • ·
        • September 18, 2020
  • JeremySharp
    Contributor - Level 1
    2017-09-20
    I'm just throwing this out there. Is there possibly a market for having some kind of magnetic LCD screen at that you can connect to the x32 producer or other consoles like it that does not have the scribble strips that can connect via one of the data ports on the console, ex. usb? This would be such a great after market idea. Does anyone have any pros or cons to this?

Thanks,

Jeremy
    read more...
    0 336
  • MarkMonson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-11-04
    My band is looking to purchase a X32 and a dbx driverack 360 venue dsp. Can I use the AES out on the X32 to go digitally to the driverack? My thought is that this will avoid a D-A, A-D conversion and therefore have a cleaner signal. If this is possible (and desirable) how would I hook it up?
    read more...
    0 805
    • MarkMonson
      CraigFowler Yes.

Routing>Aux Out

Output7: MainL, Post Fader

Output8: MainR, Post Fader

^That's what will get sent to your console's AES3\EBU socket.

Make sure you use a proper AES3 Cable (110 Ohm impedance, as opposed to the usual ~70 Ohm for a standard mic cable.)

Driverack set to slave of AES1, SRC off. You'll need to use the driverack to dial in delays, as the X32 doesn't allow for them on the AES\EBU socket.

It might be worth thinking about what other gear will be involved and where it will be located in terms of the stage\ampr racks etc, eg if you're using DL\S32 stageboxes, they have AES\EBU sockets that can be used, which could save you a long cable run from FOH. It could also be possible to route your sub mix digitally into the driverack too, instead of only LR (if you've got a sub mix.)
      • November 4, 2018
    • MarkMonson
      MarkMonson thank you for your answer. Does your YES answer mean that this will give me a clearer signal and is worth doing?

The Driverack 360 has 2 aes inputs, but the x32 has only one xlr aes output, and it appears 2 aes ethernet ports. If I use the xlr connection does that mean I have to run in mono?

Can I use outputs other than 7 and 8? I was planning on using them for monitor channels.

My current set up is a 2 x 6, Peavey QW4 biamp on top with JTR orbit shifters on subs
      • November 6, 2018
    • MarkMonson
      CraigFowler You're welcome. Yes, running digital into the Driverack will give you a cleaner signal in that you'll skip a DA-AD step, (and a touch less latency too.) Whether or not it's worth doing is another matter; cost of extra cables, extra hassle to run them. Also, if you have a separate C\Sub mix, that'll have to go into the Driverack on analogue (assuming no S\DL32 with an extra AES3 socket,) which can mean a bit more work to get the delays right due to the non-similar signal paths.

The AES\EBU outputs on the console and the AES\EBU sockets on the Driverack are all stereo, so you can take LR out of the console and into the driverack on a single cable. The AES ethernet (ethercon) ports on the console are AES50. They won't work with the Driverack (AES3.)

Outputs 7+8 I referenced are in the Routing>aux out tab. Outputs 7+8 in that tab refer exclusively to the AES\EBU socket. They don't refer to the other XLR sockets on the rear of the console. Those other XLR outputs on the rear of the console are (normally) fed by what's staged in the Routing>out1-16 tab. You can make out7+8 in the out 1-16 tab whatever you like, and it can appear on the XLR outs, without impacting on the AES\EBU socket.
      • November 6, 2018
  • SteveShiver
    Contributor - Level 2
    2014-11-01

I'm putting a lot of thought into which switch should be Tap Tempo (my preference is to keep my heal on the floor). I use the TT heavily ... I want the blink of the tempo constantly displayed. If I dedicate a switch to TT the light blinks but I loose the function of that switch. Soooooo, if I keep the TT on the Delay switch, is there anyway to show the TT light constantly without giving up a switch?

(doesn't look like it, but I thought I'd ask)
    read more...
    0 142
    • SteveShiver
      CraigFraser
      Hi Steve,

No that's not possible. We experimented with always showing the tap tempo on the Delay button, but it was more hated than loved by the folks who tried it.

You can reassign tap tempo to the STEP button, which shows it all the time and puts it on the lower row for heel down access.

Cheers,

Craig
      • November 3, 2014
  • refinery
    Contributor - Level 2
    2013-07-14
    anybody here got any experience changing parameters with CC data on v-station? Im trying to set up my controller to be able to fully run it but it does some *really* weird stuff with certain parameters.
    0 2,641
    • refinery
      MysteryIslands Not here, but I'm missing some notes if I have a sequence running from Logic.
      • July 15, 2013
    • refinery
      GrantS Not sure here either, no assignable controller here just my Creative prodi-keys and Cassio DG-20 midi guitar.

Looks like they still support the product though http://global.novationmusic.com/software/v-station
      • July 15, 2013
    • refinery
      refinery so the problem is this... ive been trying to configure my x-station controller to be able to have full control on the V-station.

certain parameters respond very strangely for MIDI. for example, I want to map the filter type button to the filter type button on the x-station. the v-station manual says this in regards to those parameters:

67 soft pedal UNISON / VOICE TYPE / FILTER TYPE (see packed parameter 2)

then:

UNISON / POLY MODE / FILTER TYPE

bits 0-2 3-bit unison count

0=off 1..7=2..8 voices

bits 3-4 2-bit voice polyphony mode

0=mono 1=mono autoglide 2=poly 3=poly with same note voice stealing

bit 5 filter type 0=12dB 1=24dB per octave

it took me *AGES* to figure out what they meant by bits in regards to this. eventually it dawned on me, they're identifying not the controller, but the specific numeric value of the CC parameter.

So, what this means is this:

To change the filter type on v-station, you set up your controller to transmit on CC67, but here's the weirdness - it has to be stepped. That is, since its bit 5, its every 32 integers.

So:

CC67/0 - LP12 filter

CC67/32 - LP24 filter

CC67/64 - BP12 filter

CC67/96 - BP24 filter

so here comes the problem - in order to automate HP12/24 filters, you would need to transmit values outside the CC MIDI spec:

cc67/128 - HP12 filter

CC67/160 - HP24 filter

so yeah, no way to automate via CC message to get those secondary filter types.

If your controller can't handle stepped parameters you're in trouble - if you just assign it to a knob and turn, you're gonna end up modifying 3 parameters, not just 1.

stuff gets weirder though later on with the oscillator octave setting.

OSC1 octave setting:

OSC 1,2,3 OCTAVE / OSC 1>2 SYNC

bits 0-1 2-bit osc1 octave -1,0,1,2

bits 2-3 2-bit osc2 octave -1,0,1,2

bits 4-5 2-bit osc3 octave -1,0,1,2

bit 6 osc1>2 sync 1=on

This is where it gets shitty.

for OSC1, that one is easy cuz the parameters there are just 0,1,2,3. But then the problem comes in with OSC2 and 3, which are 2-bit parameters. So, you change the OSC2 octave with parameters every 4 integers, 0,4,8,16, etc. That means however, that if you change OSC2's octave with a CC change, whne you cycle through the range and go back to zero, you will now change *both* OSC1 and OSC2's octave setting.

I was able to partially get around this, since the CCs repeat, I could set OSC1 octave to use 124-127 integers, but 124 is still a 4 multiple so I still have the OSC1 reset problem.

now, i suppose the possibility exists to do this over sysex, but as-is, i cant automate a lot of these parameters. This isnt so much TC's fault as it is Novation (the midi implementation is mostly identical between native and powercore versions)

it *should* be in theory possible to do this over sysex but i had a hard enough time figuring out how to do this bit thing with the CC implementation.

wondering if any of you may have some experience with working with sysex so i can try to automate it via sysex instead (the x-station is an awesome controller for this!)
      • July 16, 2013
  • marioleon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-27

Hello everybody, nice to start this topic, it's about a Behringer X V-amp lx1-x, well i have one and it isn't working anymore, the only thing i got now is a "E2" message displayed, but nothing happened when i restarted or shut off.

I'm asking what is this about, i red the manualsbutboting about troubleshooting, is there anyone that can help me to solve this?

Thanks to you all, greetings from Peru

read more...
    0 33
Go to page