Statistics

289,847 members
172,411 posts
  • MuzzaSheppard
    Contributor - Level 2
    2017-07-30
    I prefer having all of the channels on the one screen, and being able to drag the interface either left or right to gain almost instant access to each channel and the Master LR fader always visible. I find it a chore to have to select 1-8 or 9-16 or Aux+FX and not having the Master always visible scares me a bit...

I have been playing around with 'Layers' on the Android but can't reproduce the iPad like screen.

I tried selecting 17 channels per layer but the screen still only shows 1-8, 9-16 & Aux+FX, just much narrower.

When I tried to create a new 'layer' and put it at the top, the layer was empty. From what I remember, the iPad just defaulted to showing all on one screen once with the option of 'narrow' channels. (Why would anybody want to use the fat sliders?)

From the looks of the tools available on the 'Layers' page, I would imagine this CAN be done, but it's not obvious.

I just now discovered that I can edit the layer setup for CH 1-8 and added channels 9-16 plus 'line in', but the home screen STILL only shows 1-8, but narrow.

I've exhausted all my 'click and hope for the best' options. Any clues?
    read more...
    0 1,427
    • MuzzaSheppard
      PhilToler Sounds like you have not reset the layer channel count to 16 or whatever number you need - it's in the apps layers settings (make sure you also save it as a named layer once established). Keep trying on Android the high channel count on one screen definitely works very well. Opinions about this are divided. Many prefer the fixed format of the Android screen as it eliminates any risk of a fader moving while sliding, however subjective that may be. Another view in support of Android is that it is much quicker to flip from say 1-8 to 9-16 by tapping on either of two banks which are right next to each other - I know that's true as I could easily outpace my friend with his iPad in a rather pointless race to see who could get from ch1 to ch16 and back the fastest
      • July 30, 2017
    • MuzzaSheppard
      KevinKommit Personally I like the layers because I usually don't need fast access to all 18 channels and I put the ones I need the most on a custom layer. Often I'll put the drums on a DCA or just have the kick on my layer and the vocals and guitars along with 2FX channels(rev and delay). The channels I'm not adjust as much I just jump screens to get to.
      • July 30, 2017
    • MuzzaSheppard
      RichardYClark It depends rather on the size of the tablet that you are using. Sixteen channels on a 7" screen doesn't work too well but can be fine on a 10" + sized tablet. But like Kevin I usually end up with a custom layer with all the faders that I need to access quickly all in the one place.
      • July 30, 2017
    • MuzzaSheppard
      LeoCastro

Richard YClark;128440 wrote:

It depends rather on the size of the tablet that you are using. Sixteen channels on a 7" screen doesn't work too well but can be fine on a 10" + sized tablet. But like Kevin I usually end up with a custom layer with all the faders that I need to access quickly all in the one place.

Hi everyone, I'm doing the same as Richard and Kevin when i don't need all the channels!
      • July 30, 2017
    • MuzzaSheppard
      DavidAllred

Leo Castro;128480 wrote:

Hi everyone, I'm doing the same as Richard and Kevin when i don't need all the channels!

Same. You could also organize you channels so all the quick access ones are actually on 1-8 or 9-16. But it might take a while to de-program years of programming your channel order preferences.
      • July 31, 2017
  • Homeflo
    Contributor - Level 2
    2016-03-23
    On the voice live 3 you are able to adjust eq settings on the vocals eg hi kids and lows also you can adjust the compression on all vocal settings... I can find the eq on guitar but not on the vocal side of stuff , is there one??? Also is there a seperate compression for both guitar and vocals??? I can find stuff like normal & warm setting ??? But no way to adjust the eq ... Any help would be awesome
    Regards
    read more...
    0 349
    • Homeflo
      JürgenWagner Unfortunately no more possibility for voice eq than normal, warm etc.

I'd like to have some more, but therefore it's easy to use.

I'm using the PE same like you,...some electric gigs, most time acoustic,...always directly into active speakers.

• March 24, 2016
    • Homeflo
      Homeflo It is easy to use which is a plus however I can't see the reason behind it been added as a second function on the guitar side and not vocals? I would imagine the pathway is the same as the VL3 in relation to this so the program should already be built and transferable in an update?

Please Tc helicon add this
      • March 24, 2016
    • Homeflo
      CuylerBiller
      I agree. It's disappointing that there are no actual EQ controls. Adjustable Low cut and High cut would be a nice start. Plus one band of parametric would be great.
      • July 2, 2016
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-11-21
    Hey guys,

is this possible ?
    Well i have 2x Reloop RMP 2.5 (i connect them over MIDI) and a behringer BCD 3000 ... + Traktor Pro 2 + Traktor Audio 2.
    Do you know how to setup it in Traktor that it uses the BCD 3000 as Mixxer, and the RMPs as Decks ?
    Thanks allready for your answers!!

Regards,

Rid
    read more...
    0 2,991
    • InactiveUser
      StevanDjumic Hey Rid,

You will have to map it to traktor and if you don't know how be sure to check Traktorbible site and download TSI files. Just make sure every controller is mapped in different MIDI channel.
      • November 21, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser

Stevan;1366 wrote:

Hey Rid,

You will have to map it to traktor and if you don't know how be sure to check Traktorbible site and download TSI files. Just make sure every controller is mapped in different MIDI channel.

Okay Stevan allready thank you for your help!

So, if i do the setup wizard, i need to set the BCD 3000 as external controler and after this i have to map the RMPs 2.5 in traktor conf. ?

Thanks!!
      • November 21, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      StevanDjumic Keep your mixing internal and skip setup wizard. After you start Traktor follow instructions I gave you to set controller mappings.
      • November 22, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      StevanDjumic Here is one simple mapping I made for bcd if you're using 4 decks (double focus) and four FX units. It is a bit advanced for beginner controller but people seems to download it more than I expected.

http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/mappingview.aspx?id=429

I got one ultimate which is pretty much complex and for advanced users. It controls all you need for transport, prep tool and browsing as well as a bunch of instant jog, fader and button FX, plooper, IG MFpro, DJTT S2, . The eight bank modifier grid pushes controller potential as like there is 8 MIDI channel firmware built in with addition of "firmware" for super faders (ability ti simulate multiple MIDI CC and notes massages. Note that eighth bank contain four sub banks and mapping will remember which of four sub banks is focused every time any of main eight banks is selected. That's up to 11 bcd layers in a single controller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTiDQqIytKk
      • November 22, 2012
  • dannyguitar72
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-11-19
    Hello everybody, i'm not quite sure to have understood the midi connection with the y midi cable. i mean, if you got g-system and nova drive only it's quite easy to connect them via midi... the problem is that i've got a midi preamp also (it could be a JMP1 or an engl E580) and i would like to switch it via midi too... how should i have to connect the y midi cable this way???
    Thanx you all
    read more...
    0 956
  • Rothko61
    Contributor - Level 1
    2012-12-20
    Is it stll possible to download the preset vaults from the site?
    I can't find any link to do it.
    To me it's also impossible to find the patches that users have uploaded.
    Any suggestion?
    0 3,845
    • Rothko61
      bschiefen Having same issue. URL for vaults fails.
      • December 24, 2012
    • Rothko61
      Tripoutski This has been offline for some time now. I was hoping that Mike or someone would chime in since Rothko61's post, but no one did. I have searched over and under for a revised link, but to no avail. It is a shame, I only downloaded a few patches from there but wanted to try a few more. I had posted a few as well. It was a great idea, I hope that it comes back.
      • December 24, 2012
    • Rothko61
      glanum3 If you are interested in presets, here is the link to my preset set in Dropbox. Nothing radically, but a bunch of stuff to play with

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/51975361/user_2012.04.20.SQS
      • December 26, 2012
    • Rothko61
      Fabione72 FYI I've opened a ticket beginning of December 2012.

I was told they were still working on the new WEB site, and they expected the PresetVault to be back in the middle of January.

Well, it seems there was some problem because, instead of bring back the PV, they added a new space with a ZIP attached:

http://www.tcelectronic.com/g-major-2/presets/

Keep on waiting...

Cheers
      • January 29, 2013
    • Rothko61
      mistalus 75 presets in that zip...

I assume there were more in the vault?
      • January 30, 2013
  • RyanGlant
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-04-07
    I have a wonderful new Nord Stage 3, and I have some synth sounds where I use the expression pedal to adjust settings realtime on my synth sounds for some sweet dynamics. The problem is that I also sing through the V-K with harmonies at the same time as I am playing the synth. The harmonies are being triggered through the MIDI function on the V-K (out from my keyboard). When I use the expression pedal or wheel, it alters the harmonies or shuts them off completely.

Is there any way to utilize the note function of the MIDI signal only, so that the pedal and wheel don't alter what I want from my harmonies?

Thanks,
    Ryan
    read more...
    0 503
    • RyanGlant
      TCH-Spencer Hey Ryan,

Yeah there actually is! If you hold the Set button while you power on the Perform-VK, it'll still read MIDI note data but it should ignore all incoming CC's. This is a volatile setting though, so you'll have to hold Set each time you power on. Hope that works for ya
      • April 13, 2018
    • RyanGlant
      JoseGuanaes I am having a problem with the VK performer and would like to know if it is a physical problem or software. When I press the Harmony button and turn the amount of harmony it blinks and this is normal, but when I stop, it would have to stop blinking, what happens and that at a certain moment it starts alone to increase the amount of harmony and always goes increasing. What would this defect be? I'm singing and suddenly it increases the amount of effect in the voices, I need a solution so that does not happen, when will a new firmware to try to heal this problem? Wait!!!
      • April 18, 2018
    • RyanGlant
      TCH-Spencer Hey Jose,

Yeah that does sound like a physical problem. You can try a factory reset - hold "Harmony" and "Echo" while powering it on, then perform an update via VoiceSupport. However that behavior sounds like the encoder is misreading, so if the reset and update procedure doesn't do the trick, you should get in contact with our support team to discuss repairs. Good luck
      • April 18, 2018
    • RyanGlant
      RyanGlant

Spencer Larsen;144071 wrote:

Hey Ryan,

Yeah there actually is! If you hold the Set button while you power on the Perform-VK, it'll still read MIDI note data but it should ignore all incoming CC's. This is a volatile setting though, so you'll have to hold Set each time you power on. Hope that works for ya

Worked like a charm!! Thanks!
      • April 19, 2018
  • Chris-A
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-11-03
    Nice little box, but I miss some tiny features which would make it much more useable.

1) The playback seems to be with a higher volume than the original signal. (I can't really use it with the recorded plain guitar signal to tweak the overdrive / distortion with the playback. The playback signal pushes the effects pedal much more than the original guitar signal, so the soundeffect is different to the guitar playing)
    How will I get an identical record-playback-level?

2) Tracks, recorded and trimmed by the android app can't be used with the WireTap. (Each trimming of the original recording will cause a new trimmed copy inside the app. These audiofiles can't be synced back to the WireTap)
    I red you are looking for a trim-directly-on-the-wiretap feature in 2016. Will this come in the future?

Without these 2 tiny features the WireTap seems to be just a "record parts WITH effects - then grab them by the app, trim and share" box. Could be so much more.

Any other useful hints to use the WireTap?

Best regards Chris
    read more...
    0 360
    • Chris-A
      Chris-A

Chris-A wrote:

2) Tracks, recorded and trimmed by the android app can't be used with the WireTap.

Important: You first have to sync the track with the app. Then select the DEVICE = WireTap-Icon with the glowing Bluetooth symbol in the right bottom corner of the app. Now you are working directly on the WireTap. After trimming, unfortunately I have to restart the app. Then a new trimmed copy appears in the app which now can be synced sliding to the right.

But from time to time an additional 0 sec part appear on the app which I can neither delete nor sync to the app.
      • November 3, 2018
  • Unchained81
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-12-29
    So I created a dual delay TonePrint a while ago and want to adjust the delay parameters. When I do I can save the TonePrint but when saving to the pedal it jumps the delay settings back to the original settings. Then when I try to pull up the new saved TonePrint it has the old delay parameters. I've tried several times but it's not working. Anyone ever see this before?
    read more...
    0 567
    • Unchained81
      radaguhl Hello Unchained81,

it's a little bit hard to understand your problem, please could you be more precise so I can try to help you ?
      • December 30, 2018
    • Unchained81
      TC-Mike +1 not sure what the problem is exactly and it would help to get more basic infos.

Does problem happens when you are still connected to the editor or after you stored to pedal and disconnected USB cable?

Which version of the toneprint editor are you using?
      • January 2, 2019
    • Unchained81
      Shadowmaker

I have the same problem. Here are the steps to repeat:

1. In the toneprint editor, modify a dual delay so that delay 1 and delay 2 have different repeats.

2. Either save the the toneprint or beam it to your guitar.

Result: when saved or beamed to the guitar, the delay speeds revert to the original settings.

I have tested this with iphone, Windows computer, tablet, and Android phone. Given that the toneprint does not save correctly in the first place, it suggests to me that the problem lies with the toneprint software. Is there  a solution to this?

• October 26, 2019
  • MartinHesketh
    Contributor - Level 2
    2017-09-02
    Hi All, after many attempts and failing can anyone here give me a step by step guide for setting up a tp link router AC750 travel router connecting to 5g. Please I have tried everything so need help desperatly. I have also purchased cat5e cable but realLy want to use wireless. I am Old School so at my wits end. Would prefer someone with the same router for help rgds Martin
    read more...
    0 931
    • MartinHesketh
      UlfBoettcher Hello Martin,

I tried to find information on your router, but there are several tp-link routers that are labeled AC7500.

Are you talking about this one? http://uk.tp-link.com/products/details/cat-9_TL-WR902AC.html

Which operatiing system do you use (ios, android, windows)?

Without this information, it is very hard to help.

Cheers,

Ulf
      • September 2, 2017
    • MartinHesketh
      MartinHesketh Sorry, yes its the tp link wr902AC router. I am running x air edit through windows 10 4gb ram asus 16.5 screen ....
      • September 2, 2017
    • MartinHesketh
      UlfBoettcher Hi Martin,

would you like to join me in a skype session to talk this through?

Cheers,

Ulf
      • September 2, 2017
    • MartinHesketh
      MartinHesketh That would be awesome ! I will try get on skype with my mobile 1st to make sure its all working then reply here let you know all is ok rgds Martin
      • September 2, 2017
    • MartinHesketh
      MartinHesketh Hi Ulf, I just sent a skype freind request rgds Martin
      • September 2, 2017
  • zakhooi
    Contributor - Level 2
    2016-06-05
    Hi,

I use a Roland FC-300 in standard mode with the GMajor 2.
    All is fine, however I want to go to the last chosen preset when I hit a preset for the second time.

So in other words:
    Lets say I'm using Preset 2 and press Preset 3 I want to be able to return to Preset 2 by pressing Preset 3 again.

Can anyone tell me where to configure this? I'm not sure whether this should be done in the Gmajor2 or the FC-300.

Thanks in advance
    read more...
    0 2,311
    • zakhooi
      zakhooi Nobody who knows how?
      • June 7, 2016
    • zakhooi
      Fabione72 For sure that's not something you can do at Gmajor-2 level.

Usually this kind of feature are managed by the MIDI Controller itself (e.g. I'm using a Jad&Freer MidiMeno where I can send specific CC messages by pushing the program switch in a given way).

In your case you need a MIDI controller being able to store the previous Program, and to send it back when the switch for the program in use is pushed for the second time.

Not sure if Roland FC-300 can do it... I really never had the change to use it

ciao
      • July 3, 2016
    • zakhooi
      stantonj I use the Ground Control Pro and what you are desiring is not possible with that equipment. In my case, I assign my presets from left to right for a given song. If I want to return to desired preset, I just slide my foot over and select the previous one. For my application, the way I just described works great.
      • July 27, 2016
Go to page