Statistics

285,526 members
167,505 posts
  • johnburke
    Contributor - Level 1
    2015-06-15
    Successfully used UCA 202 with Cool Edit pro recording from radio on my Dell Win 7 (32 bit) laptop. Cannot use it on my Lenovo Z40 Win 8.1 (64 bit). Do I now need a driver ?. does UCA 202 work with 64 bit
    0 1,073
    • johnburke
      Michael_Lapke

john burke;52142 wrote:

Successfully used UCA 202 with Cool Edit pro recording from radio on my Dell Win 7 (32 bit) laptop. Cannot use it on my Lenovo Z40 Win 8.1 (64 bit). Do I now need a driver ?. does UCA 202 work with 64 bit

Dear John,

Welcome to the forums! Yes it works with 64bit PCs, go ahead and download the driver on the Behringer website: http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UCA202.aspx

Just click download and scroll down towards the bottom of the page and you will see it. Once installed it should work.
      • June 17, 2015
  • benkenobi26
    Contributor - Level 2
    2015-11-17

Hi,

one user on this board (his name is "lovedrgs") postet a question in this thread, right before the whole thread was closed (see the second last post here:
    http://support.tc-helicon.com/entries/96402117-VoiceLive-3-Extreme-Firmware-Update-2-1-00-BETA-Available-to-Test?page=3).

It is about a "crosstalk problem". I'm very interested in this too, since i'm tihnking about buying a unit and i'd like to use the unit in the exact same way as user lovedrgs does.... but if this problem isn't fixable then this unfortunately is a no-go for me...

Maybe you can tell us more about it, Craig?

Thanks in advance!
    read more...
    0 272
    • benkenobi26
      benkenobi26
      I don't wanna annoy anyone but I'd really need this question answered.... if this is really a bug that cannot be fixed at the moment the unit would be useless for me unfortunately. But if this is NOT a bug (and it was only a mistake by the original user "lovedrgs") then i will be buying it for christmas.

Thanks in advance!

ben
      • November 28, 2015
  • BarryAllcreek
    Contributor - Level 2
    2017-12-29
    Hi All,
    . I'm having issues with Tracktion connecting to our X32 console. The problem is that in probably greater than 90 percent of the times I launch Tracktion, the I/O channel settings aren't accessible, the list is completely empty... meaning, Tracktion isn't seeing the X32 as an ASIO source, even though it's plugged in properly, and more annoyingly, Tracktion was just recording from the X32 less than 12 hours earlier.

. What I typically have to do in order to get it to recognize that there are in fact inputs is one or both of the following, ( usually multiple times as it almost never detects it the first time ), either.... 'eject' the X32 from the USB list in Windows and reconnect, which sometimes works... or.... physically unplug the USB cable from the X32's card and plug it back in. One or both of those things will eventually get it to recognize the X32 so the inputs are enumerated in the Tracktion software again.

Does anyone else have this issue, and, is there a fix for it?

FYI, our equipment is:
    [INDENT]* Windows 7 Pro 64 BIT, all updates applied
    * X32 with latest firmware revision applied
    * Tracktion 6 -- The one that came with the X32 purchase
    * X32 ASIO Drivers downloaded from Behringer's site[/INDENT]

Before its asked/suggested... we can't really swing upgrading to a new PC and\or a newer version of Tracktion. So unfortunately that's not a viable option.

Thanks
    read more...
    0 751
    • BarryAllcreek
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Barry,

Not many of use Tracktion, and I haven't encountered these issues. Have you tried using Reaper (https://www.reaper.fm)? Its licence is relatively inexpensive and they use the honour system for the trial and payment. Also the download is the full blown DAW even as a trial.
      • December 29, 2017
    • BarryAllcreek
      BarryAllcreek Hi Paul,

. Thanks for the reply... I'll have to give Reaper a test run. Problem is, even Reaper can't see the inputs.

. After playing around with things for a while... I've come to the determination that either Behringer's ASIO Drivers are buggy, OR, the X-UF card is faulty. I have an older X32, so it has the X-UF card, ( back when they still came with a Fire-Wire card ), as opposed to the newer X-USB card.

. Anyway, I've tried using both the X-USB card drivers, as well as the USB Drivers for the X-UF card, ( downloaded from the official Behringer site ), making sure to uninstall and reboot the system between trying each one out, and I get the same effect. Behringer's USB Control Panel just won't see the device most of the time, which is why neither Tracktion nor Reaper can see the board.

. Whenever the Control Panel does happen to list the board as a device, BOTH Tracktion AND Reaper see the thing as an ASIO device... so it's most likely a problem with the drivers or the card itself.

. Now, whenever it's not working... if I look in Device Manager, the "Behringer X-UF" listing under "USB Controllers" is "banged out", i.e., there's a little exclamation warning symbol next to the listing in Device Manager, indicating an error, such as the device couldn't be started, etc.

Now if I only had a way to actually confirm\test the card to know whether it's that or a software issue.

Any thoughts?
      • December 30, 2017
    • BarryAllcreek
      Paul_Vannatto

Barry Allcreek;137772 wrote:

Hi Paul,

Any thoughts?

Certainly do. You just provided a critical piece of info - you have the X-UF card. How old is that card and has the firmware been updated with the " Upgrade Tool 8412" (http://www.musictri.be/Categories/Behringer/Mixers/Mixer-Accessories/X-UF/p/P0AQK/downloads)? Our church has the same card and I had to update the firmware (but was many moons ago). Also make sure you use the X-UF USB 6.13 driver, not the X-USB driver.
      • December 30, 2017
    • BarryAllcreek
      BarryAllcreek

How old is that card and has the firmware been updated with...

Updated... ooohhhhhh!!! I highly doubt it; I wasn't aware that the Firmware upgrades for the X32 itself didn't also include support for upgrading any necessary firmware on the cards themselves... so I've never updated that explicitly. But I guess you know I'll be doing that really soon, ( heck, I might even go down there now and do it just to see ). I think this particular board is around 3 to 5 years old, ( I'd have to look it up again ), so I'd be willing to bet it's never been updated.

...use the X-UF USB 6.13 driver...

Yeah, that's the one that's designed for it, so that's the one I'm using. I just figured it wouldn't hurt to "try" using the other just to see if it would work any better, ( despite its not being designed to ), so I put the X-UF drivers back on when I was done fiddling around with things.

Thanks a ton Paul! I'll let you know if that fixes things.
      • December 30, 2017
    • BarryAllcreek
      BarryAllcreek Quick update...

I applied the Firmware update to the card, and so far things are looking good... thanks a bunch Paul!!! Every time I've fired up the Board since, all USB inputs have been visible. Now Tracktion sees the thing perfectly! I'll probably give Reaper a go here soon to see how I like it.

Out of curiosity, have you ever tried PreSonos recording software? A band member has an extra copy he's willing to part with if I'm interested, so I thought I'd see if you've either used it or know anyone who has, and what their opinions of it were.

Thanks again!
      • January 7, 2018
  • koppeti
    Contributor - Level 1
    2017-09-09
    Anyone who's got a license to sell?

/M
    0 781
  • deanosurf
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-02-18

Hey all, 

I'm able to connect instruments (guitars) to my UMC404HD and they work great in FL Studio. The problem is that I can't get a strong enough signal on my Blue Yeti XLR microphone.  If i raise the gain, it clips, but the sound is so low when not clipping that it barely registers on the track.  I'm using Input 1, I've tried with phantom power but it seems to do nothing.  Not sure if it should be on line or instrument, but i've tried both with no change.

I've also tried with a cheapo mic and also the same issue.  Using the Behringer drivers in FL studio.

My setup:

FL Studio 20 Producer edition

Blue Yeti Pro (XLR)

Behringer UMC404HD

Would appreciate any advice - Thanks!

Dean

read more...
    0 488
    • deanosurf
      RichardYClark

You will need phantom power to be on for the Blue Yeti or it won't work. And you will need to be using and XLR to XLR lead for the mic. It won't work if you are only using the jack input. Also make sure that the Pad isn't switched into circuit.

• February 18, 2019
    • deanosurf
      deanosurf

Thanks Richard, when I switch phantom power on the back, it doesn't do anything at all.  Is there something I need to do in order to get phantom power to take effect?  I've tried each of the 4 inputs.  Using an XLR - 3 prong cable from the UMC404HD, but then it has to split to an adapter as the Blue Yeti has 5 pins.  Like I mentioned in my original post, i did try another mic that had 3 pins and it goes straight through the UMC404HD and still no effect from switching on the phantom power. 

Thanks!

Dean

• February 19, 2019
    • deanosurf
      lancerkind

I’ve got the same problem. Too. I can tell the phantom power is not powering the mic because the red might on the Yeti mute button doesn’t light up. 

I think the problem is the xlr to TRS adapter. The UMC404HD only takes TRS plugs. The TRS I’ve got has 2 rings on the end. Maybe a TRS tip that has a third conductor ring is needed to carry the phantom power?

• May 13, 2019
  • dwwinn
    Contributor - Level 1
    2016-01-24
    Hi, I have a TC Polytune 2 that I bought from ebay (from the seller Proaudiostar). Today, I went to turn it on and use it and it seems to be malfunctioning. When I pluck any string on my guitar to tune it, the tuner just displays either A# or B, and it won't display what the note of the string actually is. That's true no matter what string I play. And the bar that indicates flatness/sharpness is all the way to the left. Any suggestions? It was working fine yesterday... I don't know what could have changed. Is there a way to do a factory reset? Not seeing anything in the manual. Help would be great!!
    read more...
    0 1,024
    • dwwinn
      Alancarl Hey DW,

I have seen that when I either have a bad noisy guitar cable... Or I have not patched the tuner correctly into my setup(yes I must admit I do sometimes to forget to plug my guitar in after I have just wired up a dozen pedals and switches

Just a couple of ideas.

Good luck

Al
      • January 24, 2016
  • MTFS
    Triber
    2019-03-14

A quick overview of the of the German designed and engineered guitar and bass tuner from Behringer.

1 227
  • DarylSoar1
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-10-07
    So what are the known bugs and work arounds when using killdry. So far I've discovered:
    1. The auto on wah setting doesn't work
    2. The volume pedal doesn't work
    3. The noise gate is innefective because it's after the insert loop return

If I have to use killdry, which seems almost certain, how can I make the best of it?

Thanks in advance.
    read more...
    0 3,784
    • DarylSoar1
      Laird_Williams

Daryl Soar 1 wrote:

So what are the known bugs and work arounds when using killdry. So far I've discovered:

1. The auto on wah setting doesn't work

2. The volume pedal doesn't work

3. The noise gate is innefective because it's after the insert loop return

If I have to use killdry, which seems almost certain, how can I make the best of it?

Thanks in advance.

1 is a legit problem.

2 & 3 are the result of using a parallel loop.

- If you stuck a volume pedal in a parallel loop, it would do little.

- if you stuck a noise gate in a parallel loop, it would do little.

As a side note

4. W/D mix for pitch and modulation FX is anemic too - AGAIN because of the use of a parallel loop.

sooo - is it killdry that is the problem - or is it the decision to use a parallel loop?
      • October 7, 2012
    • DarylSoar1
      DarylSoar1 I hadn't realised the problems having parallel loop would entail, and naively believed the 100% mix as series claim in the manual. My plan is to replace my amp but until then, I'm trying to make the best of what I have.

The volume pedal, I thought could be put at the input stage.

I plan on getting a G-String for the noise gate which should solve the problem.

If the auto-wah-on is the only genuine bug, I can probably live with killdry for now.

I tried putting a volume pedal in loop 4 but as soon as the volume went off there was a horrendous noise. Is that normal? I've found whenever a G-loop is on but not connected (as in, if you take the jacks out of a pedal and leave them hanging in the air, not touching anything), there are problems with noise.

Thanks
      • October 7, 2012
    • DarylSoar1
      Bread I can thoroughly recommend the ISP Decimator G String - I used my gear at gig volumes last night at our rehearsal and was really impressed. I use the Nova Drive for my grrr tone and even with setting 18 (OD on full gain and DS on full gain) it still was as quiet as my clean channels. I even switched off the noise gates and it was still fine.
      • October 7, 2012
    • DarylSoar1
      DarylSoar1 One problem I don't quite understand, when i turn the reverb on, the phaser practically dissappears. It works fine with delay, but reverb, it's like it's not there.

Does anyone else have problems with the volume jumping up when the chorus/flanger/phaser module is turned on? I have the output set to -3 to -4db to compensate.
      • October 8, 2012
    • DarylSoar1
      DarylSoar1 I'm finding I get massive volume jump when turning on FX. Is that a normal part of Killdry and is there an easy fix/workaround?
      • October 18, 2012
  • TCH-Morgan
    Triber Alumni
    2018-12-27

Meet Chris. Chris is a kick-ass bass player who hustles on the daily as a sideman for breaking Canadian Artist, Ria Mae, as well as his own band The Faceplants. Watch as Elli catches up with him and gets the nitty-gritty on how to make it as a professional sideman.You can find More about Chris at his website below.

Chris Wong

www.christopherwongmusic.com

Instagram: @FPChrisWong

read more...
    1 821
  • Samiel
    Contributor - Level 1
    2018-10-04
    I hadn't updated my G system for a while (in ten years), Last time I did, I did it on a Win XP machine.

Anybody else having troubles linking your computer with old firmware. I have installed the required software to my computer.

The problem is that windows does not recognize the USB device and the connection does not work. The installer shows text "G system not connected"

I don't have the original USB cable, but that shouldn't be the problem right?

Thanks,

S
    read more...
    0 832
    • Samiel
      ssaudio - You don't need the original cable but I would either test the cable you are using or try a different cable, that would at least eliminate the possibility that it is the cable.
      • October 11, 2018
    • Samiel
      elvis Also try a different USB port or a USB hub. These have been known to have an effect
      • October 12, 2018
    • Samiel
      A_P_ Hi everyone, while updating the firmware for some reason my tc g system is not coming on. When I hit the Filter and Comp buttons the display shows:

>AVR Boot v1.01.<

>0x00/0x00<

also, my Mac doesn't recognise tc on the usb connection. I have Mac 2011 proearly

Anyone please, any suggestions ?
      • November 24, 2018
    • Samiel
      elvis You need to update to one of the intermediate versions before jumping to the latest. Instructions can be found on this site or the TC download site IIRC.
      • November 24, 2018
Go to page