Statistics

285,626 members
167,617 posts
  • PaulKennethWard
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-04-26

Anyone have experience working with the MDX2600 tube simulator? 

I have this device (just putting into my rack this weekend) as well as the MIC2200 and an Aphex 107 Tubessence. The overall goal is to experiment with capturing vocals and some woodwinds with gentle compression and also gentle "tube" like coloring. 

Advice? Experience?

read more...
    0 115
  • KyleKuschel
    Contributor - Level 1
    2018-08-16
    We have been using the XR18 set up at a small church for about 3 years now, but this past week something strange happened for the first time.

In the middle of the set, all sound dropped out of the mains. And the only way we got sound to come back on, was by turning the Power Switch off/on on the XR18 itself.

The strange part is we never lost signal to the ipad that we mix on (we use an ethernet cable with an external router, so no drop out issues ever) AND all of the musicians still had live sound in their in ear mixes even though all sound from the mains dropped out.

Is this some type of overheating issue of sorts or something similar?

Has anyone had this issue and if so, can you help a brother out please?
    read more...
    0 241
    • KyleKuschel
      Michael_Lapke Hey Kyle, welcome to the forum!

This does sound rather strange, and I've never heard of anyone else having just their mains drop out while everything else is still working in tact. Have you tried to recreate this behavior on your mixer again with any luck? If so then I would recommend you contact our CARE team for further assistance, but if not then tracking down the culprit will be much more difficult.

Unless the mixer was placed is an extremely hot and poorly ventilated area then I wouldn't expect over heating as the cause. Were you the only one who had access to the mixer's settings, or were others connected and making changes to setting as well?
      • August 23, 2018
  • CaseySharp
    Contributor - Level 1
    2017-06-04
    New to this forum so I apologize if this is in the wrong area.

I have an M32C brand-new connected to a DL32 stagebox via cat5. DL32 in/outs work great out of the box and haven't had any trouble. I am now trying to set up to record and do a virtual sound check. Problem is that when I connect the M32 to my Macbook it is only showing 16in/16out.

My card configuration is set to 32in/32out. I've tried multiple different card and routing settings just to see if it changes at all, but nothing... my macbook will only show it as a 16in/16out interface. I've updated the firmware to the latest version and still no change. I've check the website to see if I was missing any drivers, but it appears you only need drivers on a windows machine.

Anyone have a solution to this?
    read more...
    0 873
    • CaseySharp
      Roblof It sounds like your mac is on an older OS-version that had this bug and was fixed in later versions of osx. If I remember correctly you need to be above osx-10.6.
      • June 4, 2017
    • CaseySharp
      CaseySharp

Robert Lofgren;124962 wrote:

It sounds like your mac is on an older OS-version that had this bug and was fixed in later versions of osx. If I remember correctly you need to be above osx-10.6.

Thank you for your reply. However I don't think this is the problem. I am also running a brand-new macbook which is now running 10.12.5 OSX.
      • June 4, 2017
  • tdblanchard
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-05-15

I'm wondering if there's a way to control my Nova Drive with the VL3X.

Like, when I record a sequence, is there a way to assign a switch to engage the Nova Drive via MIDI?

This would make for an ideal situation!!

0 111
    • tdblanchard
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @tdblanchard,

The physical connection is easy, just take the MIDI output from the VoiceLive and plug that into the MIDI input of the Nova Drive, but this might not be as useful as you're hoping.  The issue is that neither product has remappable MIDI CC's, all the CC's in each product are hard-coded and can't be changed around to suit your needs.  When comparing the CC tables for both products there is some overlap, for example you can turn on the guitar octaver in VL3 to engage the OD drive in the Nova Drive, but you're quite limited in terms of having the two products interact.

Here are the MIDI CC's for the Nova Drive:

image.png

And here are the CC's for the VoiceLive 3:

image.pngJust FYI with VL3, those CC's are what you can send into the VoiceLive to toggle those effects, but are also the same CC's that the VoiceLive outputs if you manaully toggle that effect with a footswitch.

• May 22, 2019
  • faizzam
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-06-17

I am not able to record the Guitar voice through INST 2 dedicated input jack, my vocals is being recorded but not the instrument voice, i am using Adobe audition CC DAW on Windows 10 x64, Please help me out i have tried to do the channel mapping and set the audio preferences also but not able to record the guitar voice. 

read more...
    1 1,831
    • faizzam
      RichardYClark

Can you hear the guitar input in your headphones when you have the Direct monitor button pressed? Are you trying to record to separate mono tracks in Audition's Multitrack view?

• June 17, 2019
    • faizzam
      faizzam

Yea i can hear the guitar input from the direct monitor pressed that jack is working but not able to record on mono multitrack as well as waveform track.. when i installed the ASIO4all then it was working but there is so much noice i want to use it in MME not on ASIO. 

• June 17, 2019
    • faizzam
      RichardYClark

For your mono mic recording the Track in Audition will have something like behringer (01M) selected. To record guitar input from UM2 the second Audition track input will need to be set to Behringer (02M).

• June 18, 2019
    • faizzam
      faizzam

I have tried that as well but not able to record the INST2 from my device behringer UM2, when i installed the ASIO driver then it was working after selecting the ASIO from channel mapping, then it was working but i want to use the MME setup from my DAW. Please help. 

• June 18, 2019
    • faizzam
      faizzam

Can you check my DAW using Team viewer?? I can give you the access so that you can check what else i am missing to setuo the device with my laptop, whether the drivers are not installed correclty or required some settings.

• June 18, 2019
  • PedroHenrique
    Contributor - Level 2
    2016-06-15
    Hi. I really dig the smaller size of the Spectracomp, and, since I use my compressor "always on", I would like to know if, through the use of the Toneprint Editor software, it would be possible to setup the pedal for use with the guitar instead of bass.

Are the parameters available for edition in the Toneprint Editor for the Spectracomp the same as the ones available for the Hypergravity?

Sorry if this has already been answared. I couldn't find it with the use of the search engine.
    read more...
    0 1,054
    • PedroHenrique
      setzur They are the exact same parameters but they don't share toneprints. They are just set up for bass so you'll have to make your own toneprints.
      • June 15, 2016
    • PedroHenrique
      PedroHenrique Thanks you for your repply. That's what I was thinking. Make my TonePrints from scratch to use The pedal with my guitar.
      • June 15, 2016
  • LivingLitch
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-17

Ive been working on this a bit, yes even reading the manual. I have attached my current setup. To give a more writen idea of the setup, its as follows.

I have microphones that go from their Gemini wireless receiver into a Shure SCM410. That Shure device goes into the XR18 on input 5. The XR 18 is connected to a stereo tuner. If I tap/speak into the mics, I here it from the stereo speakers when it is set to aux in in/out. If I change into to USB in in\out then the mics stop working altogethor. If I talk into the mic/tap them while windows sound recording is open or cisco webex is up nothing is captured from the microphones to the PC. The PC says that the XR18 is selected as the mode of input. If i take it off USB and put it back on AUX then I can not hear the sounds from the PC but the mics start working again over the speaker. 

The USB is connected to the back of the PC. Yes I hear the windows "duh-duh" sound when it gets disconnected. 

The PC has a Sound Blaster Audigy FX card installed in it. Yes it has been updated to the latest drivers. I have the sound out on the soundcard plugged into front out. That goes to the ZR18. I can control the volume of it after putting it in USB mode. Doing that disables the mic being heard on the stereo. In our old setup the mic cord was using Rear Out and has not changed. 

Is there anything Im missing to make this work right? We do confrences on this PC and the event goers havent been able to hear anything since we got the XR18 installed. 

Edit - So I moved the mic from 5 to 2 on the front of the XR18 and the webex worked but I may only be getting half the sound from the PC. What can I do to enable port 3 to work like 1 and 2 at the same time? 

LivingLitchCurrentSetup.zip
    read more...
    0 133
    • LivingLitch
      KenMitchell

Hi Steve ( @LivingLitch ),

Welcome to the community.  The best thing for you to do is save your mixer configuration to a scene (.scn) file, zip it up, and post it here so we can have a look at your config. 

Ken

• July 18, 2019
  • General_MIDI
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-02

Hi, 

I am experiencing a problem with my MS-101 getting the sequencer synced properly via midi. Firmware is version 1.1.2, verified and flashed twice. When I connect a 5-pin cable from midi out of TR-08 (or any other clock master device like TT-303, TT-606 or Cubase) to midi in of MS-101 and hit the start button on the TR-08 causes the sequencer of the MS-101 starting a tick too early (before the first bassdrum of the TR-08). But when I connect a 3,5 mono jack cable from trigger out of the TR-08 to ext. clock input jack of the MS-101 and hitting the start button on the TR-08 the sequencer of the MS-101 is starting in time with the first bassdrum of the TR-08 properly!

I found two videos on youtube where you can see the effect:

https://youtu.be/tGsXM7QMMLU

https://youtu.be/LTbZCqLdpFA

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this issue and maybe can confirm? 

read more...
    2 841
    • General_MIDI
      General_MIDI

Hi,

so everyone is getting the sequencer synced properly via midi only and there is no timing issue with the start signal? 

Is there a sysex command to enable/disable midi OUT clock sync of the ms-101 to let it act as a clock master? 

• August 11, 2019
    • General_MIDI
      lerosa

have exact same issue, did you ever find a solution?

• September 27, 2019
    • General_MIDI
      bitkid

i also have the same issue. syncing the sequencer with triggers works slightly better but sequencing it externally works best. behringer - say something!

• October 5, 2019
    • General_MIDI
      General_MIDI

i figured out that analog syncing to 'ext clock in' is working excellent (but has a limited flexibility in my opinion). the clock master (i.e. beatstep pro) needs to be configured to send 1 impulse a step only (not all sources can be configured to do this). proper midi sync should be more efficient! i hope behringer will investigate.... 

• October 5, 2019
    • General_MIDI
      lerosa

thanks for the updates, I don't really use cv/gate or non midi clocks at the moment, I've found my workaround just adding an extra 20ms into the Ableton live channel, of course you need to work monitoring from the daw which isn't necessarily how people work, let's hope they fix this soon (AND ADD A KEY SHORTCUT TO DISABLE THE SEQUENCER, thanks Uli B

• October 10, 2019
  • HannuSiukola
    Contributor - Level 1
    2017-12-11
    C:\Users"your name here"\AppData\Roaming\PHAT12

Above path has been regularly mentioned, but I cannot find PHAT12 there! Win7. Where else would it be, have looked all the usual places. The application saves the changes though, into somewhere secret place (??).
    read more...
    0 342
  • CitadelGuy
    Contributor - Level 2
    2013-04-23
    Hello TC forum,

I am in need of some help with my G-System rig. I am currently running the G into a 20th Anniversary Bogner Shiva via the four cable method and I cannot get rid of the hum. I have been over Laird's white-paper, scoured this forum, and the web all to no avail. I simply cannot get my G, the Shiva, and my Ebtech HE-2 to play nicely.

Is there anybody out there that has achieved a silent rig running the G into this amp? What were your methods?

Laird if you happen across this post please message me. I have tried finding a way to contact you directly either via the forum or email and cannot find a way to do it.

Help me TC forum members, you're my only hope!
    read more...
    0 6,252
    • CitadelGuy
      Bread I would try a couple of things first :

1 move all your gear into another room as if its like mine and under a dodgy fluorescent light it will hum no matter what I do. It doesn't do it anywhere else just from under this particular light

2 plug your guitar into the front of the amp without any other effects - it might be that your guitar needs grounding properly (my Strat did this a while back)
      • April 23, 2013
    • CitadelGuy
      robberns Wanted to share my experience with my Shiva and the G-System.

Very similar to yours, which I had posted a while back.

I am using the 4-cable method (sounds like some sort of birth control) and 2 ebtech boxes.

This works great in the loops of my Mesa Transatlantic, my Mesa Mini Rectifier, and my Engl Retro Tube 100.

But the exact same set-up into the loop of my Shiva, and it is hum-city.

What's weird is I can run my multi-pedal pedalboard in the loop (tc chorus, delay, and Wampler Reverb) and it is quiet. But once I plug the G-System in, it is unusable.

I am taking my entire rig up to my amp guy in a few weeks to have him sanity-check me and the Shiva.

But for now, I cannot use the Bogner, which is a shame because I love the sound of the amp.
      • April 24, 2013
    • CitadelGuy
      damcka Am i right in saying the hum in such instacnes is often created by balanced- unbalanced connections and impedance mismatches..

If this is the case, is it possibe to modify inputs and out puts of the amplifier to get around the hum?

maybe a daft question!

Dave
      • April 24, 2013
    • CitadelGuy
      robberns Not daft at all (you must be from across the pond), but the ebtech boxes take care of the balanced/un-balanced question by converting the balanced outs and ins of the G to unbalanced. Not sure about impedances, that would be a question for the experts.

Once I've had a chance to go over the rig with my amp guy, I'll post my results. Might be helpful.
      • April 24, 2013
    • CitadelGuy
      bucketbot Not sure if it's any help but I recently bough a 20th Anniversary Ecstasy. (Appreciate it's not the same but it's still a Bogner )

I wasn't expecting it to play too well with the G but have been pleasantly surprised so far.

I connect 4CM and have TRS cables between the Amp Loop send & returns to the G Insert Return & G Output.

I use a pseudo balanced cable between the G Insert Send & the amp front input.

I do not use any Ebtechs.

I have no hum & no noise & am getting good tone on a par with the tone I get with my Carvin amps.
      • April 24, 2013
Go to page