Statistics

289,824 members
172,384 posts
  • ChrisMcGrath
    Contributor - Level 1
    2017-09-19
    My brother is looking at buying a ditto x4 for the cajon and guitar.
    I have a voicelive2 which I run my vocals and guitar through.
    I'm pretty sure we can midi link things like delay etc. but would it work to sync the loop on the voicelive to his ditto? So I can throw a few vocal loops over the top?
    Thanks

P.s sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm pretty hopeless with forums and I searched for hours before posting.
    read more...
    0 416
    • ChrisMcGrath
      TCH-Spencer Hey Chris,

It would be possible to sync up the VoiceLive 2 and Ditto X4 via MIDI, but you would need a source/master to get the tempo from. Unfortunately the VoiceLive 2 cannot output MIDI tempo, it can only act as a MIDI slave (the MIDI out port is just for backup and restore operations). But if you find something capable of outputting MIDI clock, then I would send it to the X4 first, and use the THRU output to the VL2's MIDI in :]
      • September 29, 2017
  • New
    rtravers
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-14

Hi all. First time on this because I'm somewhat stumped.

I work at a school and I want to start recording kids playing music/singing. I'm using a Behringer Xenyx X2222USB mixer plugged into a PC. My problem is I have one set of speakers and they are in the same room as the microphone recording, say, vocals. When I'm recording I have to turn the speaker's power off to they don't bleed into the mic. What I want to do is to be able to turn the sound off the speakers without having to essentially unplug them. I have Main Out, Sub Out and Control Room out. Is this even possible?

Thanks.

read more...
    0 91
    • rtravers
      RexBeckett Hi rtravers, I think it would be better to connect your monitor speakers to the Control Room outputs. That way you have some other ways to mute the speakers without affecting the USB recording feed. Options include:

Turning down the Phones/Control Room level.

Selecting 2-TR/USB as the Phones/Control Room Source. It also requires that the DAW/recording software does not have monitoring enabled. This method also has the benefit of allowing you to listen to playback when the recording session is finished.

Selecting Sub 1-2 as the Phones/Control Room Source and ensuring that the Sub button is not pressed on any channel strip and also that the FX Return to Sub 1-2 button is not pressed.
      • April 14, 2021
    • rtravers
      rtravers

• April 14, 2021
  • lindbjerg
    Contributor - Level 1
    2013-12-07
    I need to uninstall the trial versions from System 6 on my Powercore Firewire, because Wavelab 7 crashes every time I try to open it. How do I uninstall the apps I no longer can use?
    Kind regards
    Lindbjerg
    0 2,592
    • lindbjerg
      werner Locate your Powercore VST folder and simply delete it.
      • December 7, 2013
    • lindbjerg
      lindbjerg Im using a Mac. No VST folder.

Lindbjerg
      • December 8, 2013
    • lindbjerg
      viclen There should be: Users/~/Library/Audio/VST and Library/Audio/VST

Vic
      • December 8, 2013
    • lindbjerg
      refinery (your hard drive)/Library/Audio/Plugins/VST/

pretty sure its in its own
      • December 9, 2013
  • SteveSchow
    Super Contributor - Level 2
    2018-06-28
    I usually make a lot of my own cables and the ethercon cables for AES50 are particularly expensive. Anyone know the details about parts I need to make sure to get to put together proper AES50 cables? I will need some shorter length cables for the home studio and eventually longer length (and more durable) cables for gigging. I have seen some videos where you take a normal cat6 cable that already has rj45 ends and affix the ethercon connector around it. That seems easy enough, doing an RJ45 end requires tools I don't have as of now, so that is probably the best way to go, but I'd really like pointers about parts I need to make sure to get.

For example, cat5 or cat6? Shielded? Anything else I need to know.

thanks!
    read more...
    0 1,674
    • SteveSchow
      SteveSchow or if not that, best source for affordable AES50 cables.
      • June 28, 2018
    • SteveSchow
      CraigGarnett When I bought my bundle of gear it came with a cst5e snake that turned out to be not screened so I had to replace the cable so I have some experience with this and making ethercon patch cords.

Neutrik make connectors to add to existing terminated cables and ones that only go on before the rj45 jack

NE8MC or NE8MC-B fit over an existing plug and

NE8MC-1 or NE8MC-B-1 are for new unterminated cables.

Once they are assembled there's no real difference physically

And cat5e shielded is recommended but I used cat6 patch cords to make mine.

Craig
      • June 28, 2018
    • SteveSchow
      CraigGarnett And I also bought a cat5 tool kit for £10 on ebay which has everything you need including plugs!

Craig
      • June 28, 2018
    • SteveSchow
      GaryHiggins Make sure you get shielded cat5 or cat6 and shielded rj45's minimum. Make sure the shield is soldered (or otherwise correctly connected-on each cable end) to the shielded rj45. Use the Neutrik branded ethercons. The contact between the soldered rj45 and ethercon shell is what is key for preventing ESD. This will give you continuity ethercon shell to ethercon shell and how you test for proper shielding. ESD is the dreaded cause of nasty pops and signal interupts. Ethercons themselves create a secure mechanical connection. The pin wiring is the standard Orange/white, orange, blue/white, green, green/white, blue, brown/white, brown. pin 1-8.

I have been using cat7 cable of late just because of its superior shielding (not for its faster speed spec though an extra added perk) I use cat5/6 shielded rj45's with it. All cat7 is shielded and has extra shielding for each twisted pair as well as an overall screen. I end up twisting all shields (if wire) and soldering them together and then to the rj45 shell after the rj45 is attached. The price for cat7 has dropped a lot. Cat7 seems to also be more flexible in general so it rolls up easier and lays out better. Flexibility varies maker to maker however. All cat7 is not equal with regard to how it's made. Some have only foil shields on the twisted pair, some have an actual wire around the twisted pair. Most add a foil overall shield layer below the outer wire screen.

I would strongly suggest getting the 'EZ' type shielded rj45's, especially if using cat7 cable. It's so much easier to make all types (cat5/6/7) using them anyway so it's worth every penny imo. I have found the cat7 premade cable to work very well-except for the rj45 part, I cut them off and use EZ shielded cat5 rj45's. Some of the pre made cat7 rj45's do not quite fit inside the ethercon shell, the case can be just slightly longer. Cat7 will work just fine with standard shielded rj45's however. The first few you make will likely be a challenge (plan on it) but once you get it down, you will be fine. Cat7 aside, at a minimum use cat5 shielded cable. The specific raw cat7 rj45's may work ok, I have only tried the ones on premade cable and is where I had issues (trimming to fit). I have a lot of cat5 shielded to use up so it was not something I needed to buy.

EDIT: Just to be clear with regard to (some) pre-made Cat7 specific rj45, even if you do cut down and trim the rubber/plastic boot, they may not fit properly in an ne8mc or ne8mc-1 type ethercon shell. I have done some added research into cat7 rj45's. It seems the only real difference between cat5/6/7 shielded rj45's may be the conductor hole size made larger to allow a larger twisted pair wire size. So if the wire fits ok in the ones you use, cat5 or cat6 shielded rj45's will work perfectly well.

I have been updating this post with newer info in case others are looking into using cat7
      • June 28, 2018
    • SteveSchow
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Steve,

I also make up my own AES50 cables. They are a combination of cat5e and cat6 shielded (STP) cables ranging from 8 ft to 300 ft. The 250 ft and 300 ft were purchased already terminated from TigerDirect and the ethercon ends were purchased from B&H. In order for the ethercon shell to go over the RJ45 ends, the rubber boots need to be removed (with an XActo knife).

If you are terminating the ends, as Gary mentioned, it is critical for the shielding to have continuity between ethercon ends in order to reduce the effects of ESD (see Brian's first video and second video).

One trick I learned is that when the ethercon ends are added, do not tighten the stress nut entirely. First insert the end into an AES50 port (eg. on the back of the M32), wiggle it a bit to make sure the RJ45 end is lined up correctly inside the ethercon. Then tighten the stress nut.
      • June 28, 2018
  • AlexanderSavely
    Contributor - Level 2
    2017-02-09

? ????? ?????????????? ????????. ? ????????? ????????, ?????????? ????? ????????? ????? ???????? ??????????? ????????? ????. ??? ???????? ????????????? ??????????, ?? ??? ????? 2 ??????. ????? ?????????? ?? ?? ?????.
    ?? ?????? ?????????? ? ??????? ?????????? ???? ???? 58 - ??? ????? ???????.
    ??? ?????? ??? ?????? ?????????
    read more...
    0 814
    • AlexanderSavely
      TCH-Spencer Can you expand on your question please? What products are you using? What do you mean by "presets itself"?
      • February 24, 2017
    • AlexanderSavely
      STeebs1 Would that be a perform V or something. If you are using a condensor (not MP75 or MP76) then press +48 and preset 1 .

It sets the system to condensor , the other two are for mp75 and mp76

If you state what system then may be able to help a little more
      • February 24, 2017
    • AlexanderSavely
      STeebs1

STeebs;117450 wrote:

Would that be a perform V or something. If you are using a condensor (not MP75 or MP76) then press +48 and preset 1 .

It sets the system to condensor , the other two are for mp75 and mp76

If you state what system then may be able to help a little more

Have a look at thread - https://forum.music-group.com/showthread.php?14165-perform-v-problem-with-presets-and-48v
      • February 24, 2017
  • New
    DwaynePatterson
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-23

Looking to get a cost to repair my PMP6000.

Does not stay turned on,

fans not working 

plf lights staying on.

Where can I get service repairs?

I live in Ontario.

Dwayne

0 23
    • DwaynePatterson
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. For service information please click Support at the top of the page and then click Service Request to submit a ticket.
      • August 23, 2021
  • twinny
    Contributor - Level 2
    2014-12-25
    I have no Ableton CD.
    0 917
  • New
    shwambo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-20

Hi my Fx Cutoff and filter wave design doesn't work I am following the instructions on how it works as soon as I twist the cut off the on button starts the flash please help as I have had it working and it is really annoying how it's stops working it's a brand new rd9 . Maybe there's some sort of setting i need to change for it to work every time 

read more...
    0 39
    • shwambo
      M32dave

I have the same issue. Did you resolve? I thought the updated software might help, but the Mac updater wouldn't open and gave a message that it was damaged.

• December 27, 2021
  • karleriksson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2014-02-11
    hello,
    i am trying to record thru x1222 usb to iMac while monitoring pre recorded track thru usb from iMac.
    how can pre recorded track be only monitored without being recorded with new overdub track?
    i have read about "2trk/usb" routing type buttons mentioned in some forums but my little desk only has "2tr mute" button.
    please enlighten.
    thank you
    read more...
    0 2,345
    • karleriksson
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Karl,

Welcome to the forum. I would think you would have to setup your DAW software (such as Audacity, Garage Band, etc.) to be able to monitor the pre recorded tracks and have your headphones connected to the iMac instead of to the mixer. I use a PC with Reaper. So I'm probably not much more help with your setup.

Paul
      • February 11, 2014
    • karleriksson
      karleriksson Hi Paul,

I appreciate your welcoming reply. I did consider your suggestion, but just assumed the x1222 could cope and it was just me, but perhaps not.

I was hoping to hear from behringer on this though.

Yes reaper! Very powerful and intuitive. Great developer.

Thank you again,

Karl
      • February 12, 2014
    • karleriksson
      JohnDiNicola Dear Karl,

You should be able to turn up the USB/2TR RTN fader to monitor your USB playback while overdubbing. The X1222USB will not route USB playback back into your computer. You will want to mute the track you are recording to in your DAW software, so that you can monitor the track you are recording directly off the mixer. Hope it helps!
      • February 13, 2014
    • karleriksson
      karleriksson Thanks John,

I appreciate the tip. Knowing that the usb playback wont go back again to the computer is a relief. Muting the the track in the daw and monitoring input from the desk now makes sense. I will give a go soon and hopefully reply with a success.

Thanks again,

karl
      • February 15, 2014
  • New
    gregoryerba
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-02

I have been trying to get a refund for months now for this defective Turbosound Inspire IP3000!!! I have already filed a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Case Escalation | CAS-149861-F7V8G8

I ordered what turned out to be a defective IP3000 from Musictribe through ebay. It took months of forms, documenting videos of the defect, multiple emails to Esteban Meyer, Leah De Los Reyes, Alexander Chad Saylo, as well as direct phone calls to Leah De Los Reyes, Kyle Johnson, and Daniel Silva, and endless forum posts right here before I was given a "repair number". I then had to drive this massive unit over 2 and a half hours to a repair facility in Irvine CA, only to be told they were backed up for months, and that Music Tribe had left them with several of these units and that they were baffled by Music Tribe's lack of communication as well.

Many emails, calls, and forum posts later, I finally got the unit sent to the "Las Vegas Repair Facility", and a couple of weeks later it was delivered to me, and I unboxed it to find the subwoofer literally beat up, all four corners damaged. It proved functional... for two shows, then, no sound.

I have been fired from two venues as a result of the unit failing twice in mid-performance, and have lost thousands of dollars in wages as a result of cancelled gigs due to not having a functional PA, because of this endless bureaucratic nonsense and completely shoddy repair work.

Now, multiple emails & forum posts later to all of the previously mentioned folks at Misic Tribe, and I have received NO RESPONSE from Music Tribe.

This has been a devastating & disheartening experience with Music Tribe.

I should not have to go through this horrible repair process anymore, for what is obviously a completely defective IP3000. The only way this gets resolved at this point is sending me a new IP3000 and a massive apology. As for the lost wages, stress, and embarrassment I've been put through... well, there it is.

To Musictribe: I would appreciate being contacted in person at this point. Not holding my breath, but do the right thing.

Greg Erba (323)385-6184

read more...
    0 13
Go to page