Statistics

285,448 members
167,422 posts
  • JimCornelius
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-02-17
    I was wondering if you can Start and Stop recording on the X Live from an iPad. I don't see any transport controls when using the iPad app.
    0 358
    • JimCornelius
      Roblof On the sd recorder page you can find all transport controls.
      • February 17, 2018
    • JimCornelius
      JimCornelius Thanks! I was looking on the Set up page. Once again....DUH!!!!
      • February 17, 2018
  • simonthemagpie
    Contributor - Level 1
    2018-03-05
    Hey! Im the magpie and Id love to circuit bend the shitzzz out of your pedals
    0 498
  • DutchBoy
    Contributor - Level 1
    2012-01-20
    Hi. i don't have the amp gizmo just yet but can someone please give me directions on how to wire this up. I've been looking around can't seem to find anything on this setup and haven't got the slightest clue on how to start. I have a midi mate as my controller. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
    read more...
    0 1,596
  • xjulia
    Contributor - Level 2
    2015-06-03
    Hi Nova users
    I'm new in the forum but has the Nova System time ago...
    One question. Is better to set the amp volumen high and the volume in the nova system in -dB or the amp with less volume and the nova system at 0dB? Does the sound change? I use drive input.
    Thanks
    read more...
    0 1,766
    • xjulia
      sergey_ratz In fact what is more important is output level 2db - 8db ... 20db

I believe it does changes internal impedance and may significantly impact on sound.

It is better to use 0db output.

I'd suggest to use output adjust when (for example) you need slightly reduce output for some reason - about -3 -10dB. Because it is about digital resolution finally.
      • June 3, 2015
    • xjulia
      xjulia THANKS

but there's no 0dBu in the output range... did you mean 0dB in the volume?
      • June 3, 2015
  • jaybic
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-05-06
    when setting up my GM2 for to be able to switch effects on and off(stomp box mode?), would I be using two midi cables, one from my Yamaha mfc 10 midi out to my GM2 midi in and another from my GM2 midi out to the footswitch midi in? or how exactly does it have to be connected to be able to do this? the Yamaha owners manual is essentially useless in explaining this and the GM2 owners manual doesnt really cover it all that well either IMO. I would love to hear from anyone using these two components together how to make it work.

Thanks for your time and have a great day!

Jamie
    read more...
    0 4,659
    • jaybic
      TC-Mike Hi Jamie,

in order to toggle the G-Majors FX on/off you need just one Midi cable from the Midi out of your controller to the Midi In of the G-Major2, so it can receive the Midi controller information and Program changes (to changes patches) send from your pedal.

Then you have to set up to which Midi controller number the G-Major's FX block should react, which can be done in the Mod menu. you can also use the Midi learn function for this, which is explained in the manual.

It might also be a useful thing to set up one of the Pedals switches to "Tap tempo" to you can easily adapt time based effects FX to different song tempos.
      • May 6, 2012
    • jaybic
      jaybic Thanks for the reply Mike. I have read that it can do these things but what I was hoping to find was some difinitive instructions as to HOW to get it to do these things, kinda like button push by button push instructions or examples because I am getting nowhere with this thing. I am running a Yamaha mfc10 foot controller to run both my GM2 and my Marshap JMP1 preamp and the ONLY thing I have managed to talk any of this stuff into doing is being able to switch patches. It just seems that the owners manual is very vague and seems to assume that as a user/users, we know more that we do or the owners manual is written by the guy that designed to TO the guy that designed it and not the buying public. Seems like the manual should be 2 inches thick with all sorts of illustrations and step by step pictorial instructions. I have to admit that I am not very savvy with this and maybe that is the cause of my frustration and the Yamah pedal is no better. I call them, they tell me to call tc support. I call tc support and leave a message, and get no return call. right now I kinda have 1000.00 dollars worth of high tech stuff that is of no more use to me that the simple Boss pedals I started with 25 years ago. Anyway, thanks to any of you that may have ANY insight at all that you might be willing to share and have a great day!

Jamie
      • May 23, 2012
    • jaybic
      lento This is the way I do it ......

I'll first explain that I use the Yamaha's top row of footswitches for "stompbox mode" in the TC and the bottom row for programme changing my Triaxis preamp.

Next step is for the Yamaha to be switched to "mix" mode (Function switch on the back panel). This allows the top and bottom rows to do both stompbox mode and programme change, otherwise you'll only have programme change available.

Midiwise connect the Yamaha "out" to the preamp "in" then "thru" to the TC "in". Set the midi channels of the TC and your preamp to 3 & 1 respectively.

Now for the TC set-up.

In the MOD menu, assign the REV On/Off to CC 83 (for example) DLY CC 82, CHO CC 81 and so on for all the effects.

For the Yamaha set-up we'll assign footswitch 6 to the Delay - it goes like this:

Press footswitch 6 (display should read F06, led should be flashing)

Press memory edit (Status led flashing) and press inc/yes or dec/no buttons until "b2" is displayed. This is Control change assigned to midi channel 3.

Press memory edit again (data /control flashing) and scroll until "082" is displayed. This is the CC number corresponding to what the TC Delay has been assigned.

Press memory edit again (Bank/MSB) scroll until "127" is displayed.

Press memory edit again (Bank/LSB) scroll until "000" is displayed.

Press memory edit again (Toggle ON/Off) scroll until "on" is displayed.

Now write this to memory.

Repeat this procedure for footswitches 7,8,9,0 assigning the CC number accordingly.

You will then have 5 "stompbox mode" effects assigned to the top row (more memories are available via the function footswitch)

Meanwhile the bottom row (footswitches 1,2,3,4,5) can programme change your preamp.

Press footswitch 1 (display reads 11)

Assign the "Status" to "C0", this is programme change assigned to Midi Channel 1.

"Data/Control" setting should correspond to your required programme number on your preamp.

"Bank/MSB & Bank/LSB" should be assigned "off".

Mush more is possible from the Yamaha controlling the TC (especially using the footpedal) but it's all there in the manual - just takes a bit of time to digest ......

Good luck.
      • May 23, 2012
    • jaybic
      TC-Mike Thanks for chiming in Lento! I never used the MFC-10, but it seems once you changed the buttons to send Midi CC controllers, setup is much easier.
      • May 23, 2012
  • OhG
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-03-04
    Hi All,

Normally, I'd try to figure this stuff out on my own with the manual and videos. I tried that and I'm up against a deadline and running out of time. Hoping you all could help me with this.

I'm VERY new to the world of mixing. Not just digital mixers, but mixers in general. So I literally need this explained as if you were talking to someone with virtually no knowledge of this stuff. For example, I'm just barely understanding what a bus is.

Here's what I'm trying to do, and from what I understand it should be simple.

We're using the X32 Rack. 4-piece band and we all use in-ears (Sennheiser EW300 IEM). The unit has both XLR and 1/4" inputs. We're using 3 of the 8 XLR outputs for our left and right mains, and center channel main. So what I need to know is how do I go about setting up each person's in-ears for STEREO in-ears? We have 5 XLR outputs available and five of the six 1/4' outputs available. So I'm assuming we have enough total outputs since we only need 8. Can someone please tell me, step by step how to set up the in-ears for one person? I'm assuming the process can just be repeated after that for each other band member. I'm also using the X32 app for iPad in conjunction with the Rack screen. So you can explain it using either the Rack screen or the iPad, whatever is easiest.

Thank you so much!
    read more...
    0 341
    • OhG
      CraigFowler Select bus1.

Config Tab.

Press the encoder labelled "Link" (IIRC it's the first one) to stereo-link bus1+bus2 together (this is what allows for stereo ears.)

Use the 3rd encoder to select a tap point for the channels to feed the bus (which is now a bus pair, because you've stereo linked it with bus2.)

The options you've got there determine which parts of the console's channel processing (hpf, gate, eq, compressor etc) will affect the channel going to the bus. There might be processing you want (eg the high pass filter, perhaps the eq) included, and there will be parts you don't want, (eg compression and FOH fader movements.) This block diagram explains the channel's processing signal path and tap points. Whatever processing blocks are before the tap point will affect the signal in both FOH and in the monitors. Whatever processing blocks are after the tap point will affect the signal in FOH, but not in monitors. I'd recommend starting at post-eq: you'll get HPF, Gate, and peq in monitors, but not compression and fader movements. You definitely don't want post-fader. If you selected post-fader, then the fader movements will affect the monitors. eg the FOH operator decides the guitar is too loud, so he pulls the guitar fader down a bit, and not only is the guitar pulled down in FOH, but it's also pulled down in monitors. Not good. Don't choose post-fader.

Repeat the above process for bus 3, 5, and 7.

Now you need to route the bus signals to physical outputs.

Routing>Out1-16

Output1: Bus1, Post Fader

NB this tap point is how much of the bus's processing will affect the signal at the output socket, not how much of the channels' processing feeding the bus. In that same way that channels have an eq and a compressor, the X32s buses also have their own eqs and compressors. It should be set to post-fader so that bus master fader movements (and mutes) affect the signal.

Output2: Bus2, Post Fader

Output3: Bus3, Post Fader

Output4: Bus4, Post Fader

Output5: NA

Output6: M\C, Post Fader

Output7: MainL, Post Fader

Output8: MainR, Post Fader

All of these except for Output6 should be the default.

Routing>XLR out

Outputs1-4: out1-4

Outputs5-8: out5-8

(Should be default)

That should get bus1-4 and your FOH mixes onto the XLR sockets.

Now for the TRS outputs

Routing>Aux Out

Output1: Bus5, Post Fader

Output2: Bus6, Post Fader

Output3: Bus7, Post Fader

Output4: Bus8, Post Fader

All that remains is to ensure the that bus master faders are up an un-muted, and you can start pushing channels into buses.

Finally, for the sake of everyone's ears, if you;re not already using the limiter on the IEMs themselves (you should be,) you can dial up the compressors on the X32's buses to act as limiters. They're not in the perfect spot in the chain for protecting ears, but they're better than nothing. They're also useful to have if you change your IEMs to something without an inbuilt limiter.

Edit: Make sure your buses aren't routed to LRM. You can check this by selecting the bus, going over to the "Main" tab, and ensuring the LR and M buttons (1st and 2nd encoders) aren't illuminated.
      • March 4, 2018
    • OhG
      OhG Thank you so much! I'll go through all of this, but this looks like it's exactly what I needed. Thank you!
      • March 4, 2018
    • OhG
      OhG Hi Craig,

So I've already run into something I must be doing wrong. I'm able to hear everything out of my in ears, but only the left side. I know my IEM unit is hooked up in stereo because I use it in stereo with our analog board every night. So I must be missing a step here.

I hit the sends on faders button on my iPad app and I am able to hear multiple sources and adjust the levels just fine. But again, it's only coming out of the left side of my in-ears.

I'm guessing that I didn't link them correctly. Where exactly do I go to do that? In your original instructions, you said to hit "bus 1", but I'm not using the full board, I'm using the X32 Rack. So I don't see any buttons for bus 1.

Sorry. I told you I was as dumb as they come with this stuff. haha.
      • March 4, 2018
    • OhG
      CraigFowler Solution posted here.
      • March 4, 2018
  • ChadJacoby
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-02-14
    I just bought VLTouch 2 used and all seems to work fine. Updated firmware. I'm using a Shure Beta 87A condenser mic and the mic setting is condenser.

Trying to follow video manuals but in the 2nd one about connections, I tried to set mic level input as Craig did and I do not see any level indicators except for when input level control knob is turned all the way and it's just blasted feedback at that point.

I hear vocals just fine but I want to be able to confirm via level indicator.

Can someone please advise?

Thanks!
    read more...
    0 385
    • ChadJacoby
      TCH-Spencer Hey Chad,

First I should ask if your mic input on the right side of the Touch 2 is turned up? There's a little dial on the side of the Touch 2, and with it at its minimum position, you can still hear what's coming in the mic but the LEDs will not light up yet. You need to get pretty loud, so turn up the mic gain and see if that will make the input LEDs light up? What you're looking for is three little LEDs (green, yellow, red) just to the left of the "INPUT" text in the top-right corner of the screen.
      • February 22, 2018
    • ChadJacoby
      CecilieKaasgaar Hey Chad & Spencer, my VLT2 is the same - the input level dial has to be touching on max before my baseline singing level registers a green dot on the LED. At this point if I sing any louder it'll distort in the headphones (I haven't been able to test the main outputs) and hit orange/red with little or no volume increase from my voice. If I set the input to a nice level in the headphone output, it's too low to register on the LEDs at all. So Chad unless you get no level indicator even with the dial cranked (remember, it's an input gain dial, not an output/volume dial) it's probably acting normal, even if it seems strange. (I'd personally prefer the input LED to register green on all input to make sure there wasn't a glitch or issue, but that's another discussion : )
      • February 22, 2018
  • drburns73
    Contributor - Level 1
    2018-09-26
    Hi,
    new to this board. i'm looking for a template for a multi-tap delay for Alter Ego x4. anyone familiar with something like this?
    thanks
    0 356
    • drburns73
      TC-Mike You can only have a maximum of 2 tap delays and those can be dialed in using the your subdivision toggle switch

(quarter notes Left and dotted 8th on right side)
      • September 27, 2018
    • drburns73
      drburns73 Thanks for the reply. Is this the maximum of all TC pedal delays? or just the Alter Ego x4?
      • October 2, 2018
  • Chris225936
    Contributor - Level 1
    2016-05-12

Hi Everyone!

I am currently experimenting with my new Play Acoustic to find the settings that work best for my application. I find that I benefit from a small amount of pitch correction, but I would like to be able to turn it on/off via foot switch by moving to a different preset or pressing HIT. I struggle to keep long notes in tune while moving around, but I also talk while playing guitar, so it would be nice to be able to turn it on/off via foot-switch.

The "correct natural" in the hardtune block is much too pronounced for my application, although I do like that it can be set to a certain key. The chromatic auto pitch correction in the input menu works great for me at 30%, but I can not figure out a way to toggle it on/off. So I have these two questions:

1. Can the "correct natural" effect be modified to make it less pronounced?

or

2. Can the chromatic pitch correction somehow be toggled on/off via presets or HIT switch?

Thanks to anyone who is able to offer input!

Chris
    read more...
    0 2,259
    • Chris225936
      MR_15637
      1) you can reduce globally the mix of the vocal effects in the mix menu (harmony parameter) which would make the pitch natural effect less pronounced, but also all other effects - p. 58 in the play acoustic manual.

2) no, pitch correct can only be controlled via the setup menu. If you don't play guitar, you "could" press and hold the hit button to get the TALK feature which removes all effects.

I've played around with the pitch correct, and for someone who is tone deaf, the best option is to use the mono output option and completely muting the dry vocals on the mixer board. That cuts out the dry vocals completely and the mixed ones don't sound too electronic (from my experience) to the main speakers out. The person singing will hear himself or herself double. The only downside is your wet vocals and guitar end up on the same channel.

In my case, a singer/guitar player in my band became very hard of hearing and hearing himself is sometimes a challenge with the hearing aid and possible feedback, etc. We set the natural correct on the hit on for on demand key correction. Each of his songs has a hard tune preset with the key stored into the presets with wichever other fx he wants for that particular song (usually a plate reverb). We seldomly use the harmony effects.

In-ear monitors with noise cancelling headphones would have ben the optimal solution, but given the budget, wwe already had the machine.

its not perfect, but it works. It took a while to tweak.

P.s. Don't play harmonica with pitch correct on!
      • January 4, 2017
  • JamieDenhim
    Contributor - Level 1
    2014-12-08
    Hello,

This may sound stupid I don't know, I was planning On making a live rig for bass
    I was going to set up as follows Bass> Boss GT8> ULTRACURVE PRO> Power Amp> Cab
    But I don't need to add distortion to the signal or anything just comp, and EQ and thought of completely ditching the GT8 Effects unit for A super simple set up, I can't see why this would not work, an Ultracurve Pro is basically a pre amp right?
    read more...
    0 1,642
    • JamieDenhim
      GlennAdams It has a mic pre in it but it is an EQ.
      • December 12, 2014
    • JamieDenhim
      Paul_Vannatto If I remember correctly (unfortunately, I've sold my DEQ2496) only the RTA mic in has a preamp. The main LR inputs are line level only (no ability to change to mic level in setup).

:edit: Welcome to the forum, btw

Paul
      • December 12, 2014
Go to page