Statistics

285,457 members
167,431 posts
  • monstersashuman
    Contributor - Level 2
    2015-03-15
    Hi there,

I recently got the g system and a fv500h and I have tried to get it to work as a volume pedal. However the best I can do is have full volume when the pedal is up and 0 volume when pedal is down(end position). Can anyone help me?

Fyi when I first use it and tried to calibrate it both min and max was at 0 no matter What I did with the pedal. so yeah any help?
    read more...
    0 939
    • monstersashuman
      UStoller

monstersashumans wrote:

Hi there,

I recently got the g system and a fv500h and I have tried to get it to work as a volume pedal. However the best I can do is have full volume when the pedal is up and 0 volume when pedal is down(end position). Can anyone help me?

Fyi when I first use it and tried to calibrate it both min and max was at 0 no matter What I did with the pedal. so yeah any help?

I use this as expression pedal. Had to take a y-adapter TRS->2 TS and use the input/output jacks, not the expression pedal jack. The Poti on the side is set MIN (left). The red plug must be inserted to input (I think its the Tip of TRS). So you can calibrate the full range 0-100 or 0-97 etc.

Also had problems to calibrate. If it says set minimum (you take the pedal back) and press enter, nothing happens pressing enter, but it automatically says set maximum (pedal move to max) press enter, also nothing happens, after a while calibration done... and it works. Maybe similar with use as volume pedal, there i also use a y-cable
      • March 15, 2015
  • viallie272
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-03-25
    0 68
  • AndyCopeman
    Contributor - Level 1
    2016-12-04

Hi,

I am trying to get the vocoder in my vl3x to follow midi notes sent to it from Ableton from my mac.

The midi is getting in, but the vocoder only seems to operate when I shout, and then just for very short bursts.

I have read on this forum that it may in fact not be possible to run the internal synth on the vocoder from external midi ... is this the case? If this is so then it's a terrible deal breaker for me. The only reason I went ahead and bought the vl3x instead of cheaper units was the published ability to use a vocoder.

Surely it must be possible to sort this out???

Is there a way around this? Is there something I am missing?

Many thanks for any help you can offer!

Andy
    read more...
    0 324
    • AndyCopeman
      TCH-Spencer
      Hey Andy,

Which effect are you using exactly? One of the Synth effects, right? You say that you can tell midi data is getting in - is this because you have the Note Source set to midi and you can hear it trying to work? So is the only issue you're having the fact that you have to sing loudly for the effect to work?
      • January 20, 2017
  • tore
    Contributor - Level 2
    2007-11-16
    There's been a number of feature requests in various threads and while we obviously can't promise that a suggestion will make to a firmware release and I figured it would be a good idea to gather them all in one spot. To start it off, I've copied some great suggestions gbtommasi posted in the "What Routing Are You Using?" thread:

"... it would be great to decide wether you have mod before or after delay, say, or even after reverb for those 'landscape' ambient guitar sounds.
    Even without going that complex, it would also be very useful if i could assign a % of reverb to delayrepeats when using parallel or semi parallel mode, so that they could 'sit' more nicely in reverb's ambience. It would sound more 'natural'.
    read more...
    0 668,238
    • tore
      scottkahn Feature requests:

1. It would be great to be able to see the tuner while playing, like with the G-Major and G-Force. I miss this from my other TC gear...

2. MODULATION DELAY. It would be great to be able to set a chorus rate and depth to just the repeat notes of a delay signal.

Scott
      • November 16, 2007
    • tore
      ny10547 Any chance of synth sounds similar to the Axe FX? They have some sounds where you get the guitar as well as string type swells.

Also a little better tuner for the bass. Not a hi priority on that one though.

One more, would it be possible to have the volume and expression pedals control parameters on not only the G but also on preamps? Right now the G only controls program changes. That one would be real nice.
      • November 16, 2007
    • tore
      gbtommasi ha! this is a very dangerous thread Tore, you know musicians' fantasy is unlimited!

• November 16, 2007
    • tore
      dirkpispers I don't have a G-System yet, but I will buy one in the next weeks and I studied the manual a little.

I think a parameter patch/global in the menu for setting up and customize the footswitches will make the G-System even more flexible.

For example, if Loop4 on/off or Delay on/off will be set to global, the setting will not change when I change between patches.

Dirk
      • November 16, 2007
    • tore
      sheguitarplayer +1 on the routing so you can put the mod after the delay, or having a modulated delay to get those U2 sounds nailed. Our engineer has the D two in his rack and the chorused delay on that is unbelievable!

I would also like to see the facility to send more than one cc message with one pedal press.

Would it be possible, within a preset to toggle between say two different modulation effects. I like to use the gsystem like a glorified stomp box and this would be very useful. It can be done on the Boss GTpro. Obviously you wouldnt be able to use both fx at once (too much processing) but if the patch can 'recall' settings on say a flanger and a chorus effect then it should be easy enough to switch between the two?
      • November 16, 2007
  • LoveNinja
    Contributor - Level 1
    2014-06-05
    This TC support document seems incomplete with impedance data:

Ditto Looper: Input/output impedance
    http://support.tcelectronic.com/entries/23140961-Ditto-Looper-Input-output-impedance

It states input/output are "The input/output impedance is approx. 1 Mohm". I suspect its more like: Input impedance 1 MΩ; Output impedance 100 Ω. Anyone know for sure?
    read more...
    0 1,846
    • LoveNinja
      FlyingsCool Since it's true bypass, wouldn't that be, by definition, 1 MΩ input/output?

1 MΩ input/ 100 Ω output would suggest a buffer in the signal path.
      • August 16, 2014
    • LoveNinja
      TC-Mike Hi guys,

thanks for pointing this out

you are right, the correct answer is of course:

Input Impedance= 1 Mohm

Output Impedance = 100 Ohm

we have corrected the FAQ accordingly.

cheers, Mike
      • August 18, 2014
  • MarkLubenham
    Contributor - Level 1
    2017-06-10
    Hi Guys

As in the title, is it possible to hook up the above devices with the Play Acoustic?

Has anyone had success?

Thanks
    0 1,163
    • MarkLubenham
      LeonardLudvigse It depends on what u mean. There's no MIDI on the Play acoustic, so it would be hard to sync them up nicely if that's what u're thinking
      • June 12, 2017
    • MarkLubenham
      MartyCansler I don't have a beat buddy, but I do have the Play Acoustic. Looks like the beat buddy has a "phones" output which could be sent to the Aux in of the Play Acoustic. The drum volume would be controlled by the beat buddy. Says in the Beat buddy manual it can be connected this way to an amp or home stereo.

I have done similar iPhone headphone out to aux in on the play acoustic with great results. I use the stereo out setting and the aux in is mixed in with the main output.
      • June 14, 2017
    • MarkLubenham
      LeonardLudvigse Oh yeah sure, audio isn't a problem to connect. Volume can be controlled in the mix-page of the Voicelive as well.

But if u wanted to synchronize the tempo/ rhythm/ BPM it wouldn't be possible with the Play acoustic

For example, if you had a Voicelive with MIDI input, you could send the MIDI tempo out from a Beatbuddy/ Trio into the Voicelive and have the delays and other time-based effects automatically align and synchronize. And you'd be able to sync the looper in the Voicelive with the tempo as well. U might know this already, I'm just throwin it out there
      • June 14, 2017
    • MarkLubenham
      ChristopherGree Hi mate, I have both one of the things with the BB is they do not recommend putting it in a signal chain of any sorts from my understanding and they do recommend a separate output to your desk, you should be able to get it to work in a signal chain as you are asking about but the results may be mixed...
      • July 12, 2017
  • guitarmech111
    Contributor - Level 2
    2014-06-22
    I thought we were able to download toneprints from the website and put them in our units. I have a flashback X4 and I am not able to download anything but the editor and it doesn't seem to be able to load any of the toneprints.

I have updated the firmware without issue, so I know the computer sees the X4. I am on PC Win 8.1, any suggestions?
    read more...
    0 1,612
    • guitarmech111
      guitarmech111 The problem is that I do not get the Send to pedal option lit up. The editor asks me to choose a toneprint to sync, that goes away and the selected toneprint gets in the editor. The Send to pedal button never lights for send.
      • June 21, 2014
    • guitarmech111
      guitarmech111 turns out I was not selecting toneprints for my unit. This edit program could be a little more intelligent. Maybe have a prompt for the toneprint unit for startup?
      • June 22, 2014
    • guitarmech111
      nunoc I felt the same prob. A send to pedal lit up would be usefull.
      • July 10, 2014
  • DannyByrne
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-03-31
    I'm trying to make a single headphone mix separate from the Main LR Out.

without having to use the Aux Outs and a Headphone amp.

I pretty much want to make a headphone mix with a click and whatever else have you that I'd like in there, separate from the main outputs.

I know I could also use a XLR Merge to 1/4 female and take the signal from a separate output on the back panel as well.

Figured I'd give this a shot.
    read more...
    0 4,815
    • DannyByrne
      CraigFowler Find a spare bus.

Mix channels into it.

Solo the bus.

Edit: make sure you don't solo anything else, also, bus solo AFL in the monitor section.
      • March 31, 2018
    • DannyByrne
      GaryHiggins There is another kind of obscure way (and variations of it) that can work. There are in general, limited source options for the monitor bus. Besides off, mostly L/R tap options, but there is also aux5/6 and aux7/8. 7/8 is more or less fixed to the usb player however those 2 mixer ch sources CAN be changed (on the config page) to any available input ch in the current input pool, other aux ch's, all fx rtn's and all the mixbuses. So you could employ a few (unused) mixbuses, create your mixes as usual and then assign mixer ch 39/40 to be sourced by those 2 buses (or even just 1 bus for both ch's). Then set the monitor source to be aux 7/8. Unlink ch 39/40 and don't send to the mains. You could even use a properly wired Y cable to seperate L/R to get aux 7/L (bus x) and aux 8/R (bus y) and end up with 2 mixes from the headphone jack-if you had a few P1's or similar devices hanging around. Your headphone knob as the master level of those. You could use the rear monitor xlr/1/4 jacks for that too.
      • March 31, 2018
    • DannyByrne
      DannyByrne

Craig Fowler;143302 wrote:

Find a spare bus.

Mix channels into it.

Solo the bus.

Edit: make sure you don't solo anything else, also, bus solo AFL in the monitor section.

MixBus solo AFL?

I have click coming in from card 4 into channel 4, the fader of which is down. I have it sent pre fader to bus 12, i have "mixbus solo AFL" selected in the monitor section.

When I solo it it comes out the Mains.

I guess what I failed to clarify was that I want the headphone jack to be a separate mix from the main LR.
      • April 14, 2018
    • DannyByrne
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Danny,

I would suggest you attach your scene file to your next post so that we can have a look at your setup and better advise. Here are the instructions http://behringerwiki.music-group.com/index.php?title=Uploading_files_to_the_forum
      • April 14, 2018
    • DannyByrne
      GaryHiggins

Did you try what I suggested in post #3? Select your bus (12?) and mix in your sources (click?) Go to aux ch 7 or 8. (or aux 5/6) On the channel tab for the aux ch you chose, turn off the send to Main LR. On the config tab, in the source dropdown list, select mixbus 12. Now go to the monitor section, in the monitor source dropdown list choose aux 7/8. Mixbus 12 will be heard in the headphones. I suggest aux 7/8 over aux 5/6 as most times the usb player is not being played during a live show and those 2 mixer ch's (39 and 40) are left essentially unused. Unfortunately only aux 5/6 or 7/8 are available as monitor sources besides the main l/r options.

• April 14, 2018
  • DonGeppert
    Contributor - Level 2
    2017-11-30
    Excuse my neophyte question ... can you pair blu tooth headphones directly to the XR18?

I am thinking that on a gig, the only way for individual musicians to get their own in ear mixes from an XR18 is to either send an XLR cable from one of the aux outs to a headphone box like the PM1/2 and then plug wired buds in, (tethered unfortunately), or send it wirelessly to a belt pack receiver then wired to the buds? I am not sure if there is a "blu tooth" way to do all this from earbud to XR18?

The PM 16 looks nice but expensive for us at this juncture.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    read more...
    0 1,279
    • DonGeppert
      CraigFowler No Bluetooth chip in the XAir to pair with (which is a good thing: latency would be too high for live monitoring.) Closest you can get if you want a wireless solution is a wireless TX\RX that works over RF (eg Sennheiser ew300.) These are more expensive than the P16m solution though.

You could go aux mixes>DAW via USB, then go bluetooth from the computer to some bluetooth buds, but again; latency.

Failing that: wired.
      • November 30, 2017
    • DonGeppert
      RexBeckett I experimented with using an external Bluetooth transmitter for monitoring. Even with Bluetooth 4.0 and A2DP, the latency was, as Craig suggests, too high. What is worse is that the latency often changed when reconnected.

I have had great success using Sennheiser plug-in or belt-pack transmitters (analogue, UHF) to send monitoring to belt-pack receivers. They are quite expensive when new but I've bought several from Ebay for very reasonable prices when ENG cameramen upgrade to the latest models. The SKP500 Transmitter and EK500 Receiver work very well in this application.
      • November 30, 2017
    • DonGeppert
      DonGeppert Thanks guys .... as I expected.

My thoughts now .... xlr cable from Aux out to Behringer Powerplay P2. Then plug in to that. Cheapest solution to at least try things out with in-ears for the singers. Tethered yes, but at lest we can test the concept. I really want to erase the floor wedges if at all possible.

Two more quick questions (can open new topics if required).

1) Anyway to prevent a musician who is mixing their own headphone Bus/Aux feed with a tablet, from accidentally mixing the FOH by mistake?

2) How do you assign the headphone jack on the XR18 to one of the Aux's instead of the Main L/R? All I can see is USB options for re-assignment?

Thanks in advance ....
      • November 30, 2017
    • DonGeppert
      RichardYClark 1) Either use one of the apps dedicated to monitor mixing or if you are using Mixing Station you can limit the app to only work with a specific Bus send.

2) In Setup/Monitor tab you can select your Monitor Source from the drop down menu.
      • November 30, 2017
    • DonGeppert
      JonGoad Here's a blog post I wrote that offers several suggestions for in-ear monitoring with the XR18:

http://silentsky.net/wordpress/archives/613
      • December 1, 2017
  • RisingSunSailor
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-05-01

Greetings Everyone,

First off, apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere and my Google-fu is failing me.

I'm working to try and route our X32 output to a PC via USB for use in Proclaim as we shift to a higher-quality streaming setup. Unfortunately, while I can get the computer to register the input from the board (as in it shows feedback when I test the mic in sound settings), the volume is incredibly low; too low to even use. Given I'm running into the same problem when I try to do a direct USB recording on the board itself, I have to imagine there's a setting somewhere that I'm missing. Any ideas on where to look? House volume is fine when we're live, so this is strictly a problem when recording as far as I can see.

While I've operated this board before, it was set up before I got to our church and unfortunately, I'm more of an operator than a technician at this point, so I'm at the end of my troubleshooting skills.

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 2,067
    • RisingSunSailor
      jpearce

In order to help need to know specifically what your routing is out to the PC for recording and what you're recording software is. (Ie. routing a mixbus stereo pair or matrix stereo pair or main LR to output 1+2 then through USB card (recommended) or USB from USB recorder at top of board (not recommended)? Recording into a DAW like protools or some other program? Etc).

Some practical tips are:

1) ensure good gain structure for each input channel to around -12 dB

2) then ensure good slider volume output of mixbus or matrix or main LR slider checking input level recording software.  

3) Ensure sufficient compression for every input channel to avoid massive dynamic changes for broadcast consistency in volume and even on the mixbus/matrix/main LR whatever output channel it is.

4) Then consider adding FX inserts like multiband compressor (to even out frequency bands that are overpowering) and/or precision limiter on mixbus/matrix/main LR whatever you're using to increase input gain to ensure consistent output volume and avoid clipping targeting -1.0 dB. I'd suggest sending unique mix to linked mixbus channels (ie. mixbus 1+2) then send that linked mixbus to stereo linked matrix pair (ie. matrix 5+6) so that way you can insert one FX insert ie. multiband compressor to mixbus channel then FX insert precision limiter to matrix 5+6. Doing that we achieved an excellent loud output signal without clipping for broadcast that doesn't effect our FOH live mix. 

5) Side point I found to actually activate an FX insert on a channel in Effects tab designate what location to apply the insert but then you have to select that channel you assigned the FX insert to then press 'home' tab then move over to 'config' and have to press knob "insert" to apply to signal chain to activate then assign it to either pre EQ or post EQ (I'd select post EQ). 

Upload your X32 scene you're using for people to assess further. 

• May 1, 2020
    • RisingSunSailor
      RisingSunSailor

Thanks for the quick reply! Attached is the scene we're using. Aside from this, I'm happy for any other recommendations on how to improve it. I generally have to keep the levels for the house at 0dB, which seems rather high to me given the gain is set anywhere from +27 to +36 dB depending on the channel.

Sunday AM.scn
      • May 1, 2020
    • RisingSunSailor
      jpearce

@RisingSunSailor wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply! Attached is the scene we're using. Aside from this, I'm happy for any other recommendations on how to improve it. I generally have to keep the levels for the house at 0dB, which seems rather high to me given the gain is set anywhere from +27 to +36 dB depending on the channel.

Looking at your scene what are you routing/using as your output signal for sending to PC? How are you trying to capturing the audio via USB from the USB card back of mixer or USB recorder on front of mixer? 

• May 2, 2020
    • RisingSunSailor
      RisingSunSailor

I'm trying to route the L/R mains out of the card in the back.

Not trying to do anything fancy. Goal is to simply route the service (sermon and music) out for live streaming. No crazy working in post.

• May 3, 2020
    • RisingSunSailor
      jpearce

@RisingSunSailor wrote:

I'm trying to route the L/R mains out of the card in the back.

Not trying to do anything fancy. Goal is to simply route the service (sermon and music) out for live streaming. No crazy working in post.

Ok it doesn't look like your routing is set for Main LR out to USB card to PC.  You need to in routing designate in 'card' what 1-32 is the card sending to PC. I adjusted your scene to have Main LR sent to output 15+16 then on routing card USB selected channels 25-32 being sent to PC represents outputs 9-16 (that way anything routed to outputs 9-16) will be sent through USB card to be detected via ASIO capatible software.  You have to download the OSB plugin for ASIO to work with OBS as it can't in default form will only detect 'X32 channel 1+2' which is your first two channels on board which isn't useful unless you routed Main LR to channel 1+2 and moved your vocals off channel 1+2 which isn't ideal. 

Download ASIO OBS plugin: https://github.com/Andersama/obs-asio

I also set up a routing stereo linked mixbus 3+4 sent to stereo matrix 5+6 with FX inserts to allow you to have unique mix SEPARATE from FOH main LR mix as broadcast and in house mixes are very different (no in house acoustic energy/reverb etc) for you to test out. 

I uploaded scene to test be sure to save your current setup in case this doesn't work. If doesn't work someone else will need to assess. 

Sunday AM.scn
      • May 3, 2020
Go to page