Statistics

285,446 members
167,420 posts
  • NormMast
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-08-17
    The headphone jack on the right side has come loose. A standard socket has too fat wall to slip in there to tighten this. Any suggestions of something to use to snug this up? Is there a thin wall socket for this?
    0 173
  • KevinMaxwell
    Super Contributor - Level 2
    2016-12-27
    I just did another musical using the X-Touch Compact (XTC) as a fader expansion wing. I was using 21 wireless mics so I have the first 16 on the M32 top layer and I don’t need to switch between layers because I have mics 17-21 on the first 5 faders of the XTC. Also I have 3 mics on the apron of the stage and I have them on faders 6-8 on the XTC. It is like having a mixer with 32 faders at your fingertips. The only thing better would be if on the M32 itself I could make all of the faders inputs and then I could use the XTC as my master control section. The XTC is great what you can do with it for the price.

If anyone needs help with setting up an XTC for this type of usage let me know. If you write up what faders on the XTC you want to control what on the M32/X32 I will configure a file for you to load onto the XTC. I just may need to email it to you.
    read more...
    0 1,905
    • KevinMaxwell
      LucHenrion Very interesting. I'll have to handle a similar setup in a few months: "only" 14 wireless mics but (much) more wired ones. If I can't do it all by myself (I usually do!!), I'll contact you for sure!

In fact, I'm gonna use my Producer model, and I was thinking about adding 2 XT(C)... do you think it could be used as a 32 faders unit? With or without a laptop?
      • December 27, 2016
    • KevinMaxwell
      RaphaelBecker-F Hi Kevin,

could you do a video? That would be great! I would love to see how the setup works, how the workflow would be etc., if you can select, mute, solo a channel from there, if fader flip works etc....

A friend of mine has the X-Touch and with the full integration the new FW brought, its amazing. Since the XTC is not officially integrated, I would be eager to see how you did this.
      • December 27, 2016
    • KevinMaxwell
      KevinMaxwell

Luc Henrion;91697 wrote:

Very interesting. I'll have to handle a similar setup in a few months: "only" 14 wireless mics but (much) more wired ones. If I can't do it all by myself (I usually do!!), I'll contact you for sure!

In fact, I'm gonna use my Producer model, and I was thinking about adding 2 XT(C)... do you think it could be used as a 32 faders unit? With or without a laptop?

I have an X-Touch Compact (XTC) and a BCF2000 (basically the predecessor to the XTC) and I have access to an M32 without too much trouble, unless I need to bring it to my house for extended play times. But that’s only because it won’t fit in my car, so I have to borrow the van and the mixer from the company that owns it.

One time when I had all of that at my house I tried to hook up the XTC and the BCF2000 by daisy chaining the Midi out of the M32 to the XTC to the BCF2000 back to the M32. It sort of worked but not properly. If I remembering correctly it only worked in one direction so I wouldn’t want to use it that way. So that is the long way to say that it didn’t work for me. If you had a midi splitter hooked up to a computer and you were running everything thru it and running X32edit on the computer it might work. I don’t have a splitter to try that out. Just checking you do know that you can have 16 input channels up at the same time on the X32 producer?

I wonder how it would work if you had a full sized X-Touch connected to an X32 Producer by Ethernet and an XTC by Midi, would that work. With the latest updated firmware on the X-Touch it should be able to work as a fader wing. So have the X32 producer with channels 1-16 on the surface and the X-Touch with channels 17-24 and then have the XTC with a few more channels and some of the DCA masters. If it were me I would just find a full sized X32 or M32 and then use an XTC with that.
      • December 27, 2016
    • KevinMaxwell
      KevinMaxwell

Raphael Becker-Foss;91699 wrote:

Hi Kevin,

could you do a video? That would be great! I would love to see how the setup works, how the workflow would be etc., if you can select, mute, solo a channel from there, if fader flip works etc....

A friend of mine has the X-Touch and with the full integration the new FW brought, its amazing. Since the XTC is not officially integrated, I would be eager to see how you did this.

Unless they change the firmware or implement more Midi capabilities in the mixers there are limitations as to what you can do with the XTC. Most of it is due to the limited Midi implementation in the mixers. So basically anything that is implemented in the Midi of the mixers can be configured in the XTC. That means the Mutes including Mute Masters can work, all faders can work and a bunch of other things. But I haven’t found a Midi command to do Sends on Faders or channel solo. You can setup the XTC to trigger snippets so if you can setup a snippet on the console to do what you want then you can configure the XTC to recall that particular snippet with the press of a button.

I did stumble on an interesting thing I can do on the XTC, I can set a button to recall a fader position and toggle it between 2 different positions. So I set up a bunch of buttons that each bring a fader to nominal on the first press and bring it back down all the way on the second press.

Me doing a Video is a whole other subject.
      • December 27, 2016
    • KevinMaxwell
      LucHenrion Thank you Kevin, the thing is that I HAVE an X32 Producer (+ S16 + SD8) and I love its portability: it's fitted in an 19" ABS cas,e very light. In fact I was thinking about buying a second one and use them together when needed. But there is no provision for a "true" cascade mode... too bad. Still, given the price of the XT(C), I'm still hesitating...
      • December 27, 2016
  • elvis
    Super Contributor - Level 2
    2016-10-28
    I am thinking of moving to the Mission EP1 pedals from an FV-500H. The 500H works fine, but I am interested in a bit smaller pedal with more of a wah-like travel, as that is how I use the pedal mostly.

Do they work well? I have seen many posts where people had trouble. But people who don't have problems rarely comment about their non-trouble.

Is this pedal good? Junk? Overpriced?

Please let me know what you think!

Thanks.
    read more...
    0 3,806
    • elvis
      elvis Pretty pretty please?
      • November 4, 2016
    • elvis
      elvis No takers, huh?

Well, I have one on the way, so I'll find out soon enough.
      • November 10, 2016
    • elvis
      elvis OK, so I have been using one for expression, particularly for wah, and I am really happy with it. I tried it briefly as a volume pedal, and it seemed good there as well, so I have another on the way. No shenanigans, just plugged it in, calibrated it and went.

I'm using them in the controller.
      • December 2, 2016
    • elvis
      Candletears7 I'm thinking of getting one of these or modding an old Crybaby I have to use as an expression pedal.

Does the Mission pretty much sync perfectly with the G straight out of the box?
      • December 11, 2016
    • elvis
      elvis Yeah, I did no work to run the Mission pedal. I'm getting a couple more for Xmas.
      • December 12, 2016
  • NiklasFischer
    Contributor - Level 1
    2016-06-28
    Hi guys!
    Setting up a small touring theatre and using a X1204USB.

Three mikes in, plus backing tracks from a mac through the USB. Main mix is no worries but now i've been asked for monitors on stage. If i want to give the artists a different mix how do i send less backingtracks to the monitors??? there is no gain for the incoming files on USB. Do i have to grab it headphone-out from the computer and use the Aux pots???

Really hope someone in the know is out there at this time!

Cheers
    read more...
    0 425
    • NiklasFischer
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Nicklas,

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately those small mixers have a 2-Track input that has no control other than the enable/disable to Main LR. The USB input seems to be tied to the 2-Track output.

A workaround is to also connect the Mac to the mixer with a 3.5mm stereo to dual 6.3mm mono cable (from Mac speaker output to one of the stereo channel inputs - eg. 5/6). That would allow the Mac USB output to provide the Main LR and the Mac speaker output can provide the same signal to the monitors.
      • June 28, 2016
  • HansHeld
    Contributor - Level 1
    2015-08-08
    Just got the ULM100 Mic and plugged the USB receiver in to three different computers, now .. the USB recognition plays, and the Win 7 machine shows the ULM100 in the Devices list and is enabled, the orange lights flicker for a bit, then both are on steady.

When I turn the volume up all the way, there is no audio on any of the three machines, one Win 7, the other Win 8.1. All the machines are working with their own audio, but not with the mic. Please suggest things, or it's DOA.
    Thanks, HH
    read more...
    0 2,555
    • HansHeld
      Michael_Lapke Hi Hans, welcome to the forum!

Did you make sure the microphone is not muted? Are you trying to use the microphone with a DAW on your computer? If so you would have to select the ULM100 as an input source before you would be able to hear it in your DAW. Also remember, just because you have the mic plugged in doesn't mean your windows PCs will make it the default microphone source for your PC. You most likely would have to go into Control Panel -> Sounds and set the ULM as your microphone source. Let me know if either of these suggestions help you.
      • August 8, 2015
    • HansHeld
      HansHeld Hi Michael,

Many thanks for your reply, and yes, the ULM 100 is now recording audio. Your suggestion to locate it was correct. It has created some new concerns now that I can hear it ... The range is severely limited .. I'm saying 20 to 30 feet! Then the audio breaks up, and is especially noticeable when I am moving .. but isn't that what a wireless mic is for? It even breaks up when I am standing still, but is not as severe. Secondly, I can't get it to simply amplify my voice, like an MC. want to use it as a PA mic, and not necessarily just for recording. How do I just configure it through my Windows computer .. or any computer, as a PA device?
      • August 10, 2015
    • HansHeld
      Michael_Lapke

Hans Held;56528 wrote:

Hi Michael,

Many thanks for your reply, and yes, the ULM 100 is now recording audio. Your suggestion to locate it was correct. It has created some new concerns now that I can hear it ... The range is severely limited .. I'm saying 20 to 30 feet! Then the audio breaks up, and is especially noticeable when I am moving .. but isn't that what a wireless mic is for? It even breaks up when I am standing still, but is not as severe. Secondly, I can't get it to simply amplify my voice, like an MC. want to use it as a PA mic, and not necessarily just for recording. How do I just configure it through my Windows computer .. or any computer, as a PA device?

Hans,

Glad you were able to get your computer to recognize the ULM100 to record audio. The microphone specifications for these units say that they will indeed work at a distance of 15 m (almost 50 Ft.) and that the mic needs to be within line of sight to the USB dongle. There is the possibility that you are moving around an area where the 2.4gHz bandwidth is experiencing interference from another source, such as your phone or another wifi hotspot. That could be causing the breaks.

We do manufacture PA system equipment that you can plug the ULM microphones directly into and use for live sound situations, like the QXUSB series mixers (QX1204USB, QX1222USB, QX1622USB etc) and the EUROPORT B112D and the B112MP3 speakers. You can find out more information about these on the Behringer website.

I suppose you could hook up the ULM to your computer and then take the headphone jack out of your computer and wire it to an input on your mixer but that's not the way the product is designed to be used, as this can inherently add latency to your signal depending on the processing power of your computer.

My suggestion would be to use one of the other Behringer PA products the ULM was designed to work with or just use it to hook directly up to your PC.
      • August 10, 2015
  • CemEngin
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-06-19
    Hi,
    I have been dreaming about isolated Harmony outputs for ages. When I say ages I truly mean it! Which is the exact same time when I had the pleasure of meeting with Vocalist! For those who don't know what I am talking about, Vocalist was the first device that could deliver harmony voices that would sound prettier than the orriginal voice that which the harmonies were created from in first place... It was too good to be true situation. That device by the way came out from Digitech, but the same people that created Vocalist are the same people who developed TC-Helicon's harmony engine...

The best thing about it though that you could have controlled the individual voices with dedicated volume sliders exactly like in a mixer, and you could cut the original Voice entirely if you wanted to. Hence the ages...

So please someone could tell me if that is possible with VL 3 or do I have to have the Xtreme for that?

Thank you
    read more...
    0 711
    • CemEngin
      VoiceLiveEditor Hi

Setting the Output to Mono, will allow the XLR outs on VL3 to send a dry signal out of one channel and wet out of the Other ( as per the labels on the rear of the VL3).

If your using Guitar then you must use the Guitar Left and Right outs of the VL3 for the Guitar Outputs, if you do not then the guitar outs will appear in your Main Outs.

If your using AUX IN/LOOPER and you want this seperate from the GTR and MAIN outs then you will need to use the HEADPHONE out of the VL3 for this, you will need to go into the MIX screen and adjust the main OUT so the AUX/LOOPER are not in that MIX, and in the LOOPER MIX screen, have only the AUX/LOOPER levels active ( all other signals, like guitar, main outs, metronome etc) to be OFF. If you were using the Headphone OUT as your IEM, then you will now need to have this from your MIXING Board/Desk (ideally on a AUX BUS; so you can tweak the levels to your liking independent of the MAIN MIX)

Hope that helps.
      • June 19, 2018
    • CemEngin
      CemEngin Thank you
      • June 20, 2018
    • CemEngin
      CemEngin Strangely enough, I have replayed here too but somehow it has disappeared!

I went back and forth on the issue but in the end, this is what I got.

I realize now that some of the presets (fewer) do isolate Harmonies from the Lead voice.

But the most of the setups DO have my LEAD in them... Maybe treough reverb or another effect but my Lead Voice is in there...

So my dilemma continues...

I am only using Vocal.
      • June 21, 2018
    • CemEngin
      CemEngin So no answers?! Anybody?
      • June 24, 2018
    • CemEngin
      Billygotmygoat

I know this is a bit older thread but I have the same question.  I just want Lead vocal out of one output and Harmonies out of the other.  When I turn down the Lead vocal in the harmonies it doesn't send the lead vocal when the harmonies are on but when they turn off, then the lead vocal comes through fully.  Also wondering if there is any anwer to this?

• June 26, 2019
  • Dmantis
    Contributor - Level 2
    2016-11-21
    Hello all,
    So my question is basically a vs debate currently today right now if you have to build a new pedal board and cost wasn't an issue, which way would you go for best sound quality and ease of use.

1) G System with 3 or 4 of your favorite OD style pedals, a Wah , Volume pedal , pedal power

OR

2) tc electronics Tone Print pedals of your choice along with a Boss ES-8 switcher for control, WAH and volume pedal.

The idea is to use your amps channels both the clean and drive channels and using your amps effects loop.

Remember cost has no factor here as I know going all pedals and the ES-8 switcher is way more expensive but how would the G system compare in sound quality? Ease of Use?

Does the G system have Buffers in it and can they be placed in the signal chain like if you put a Fuzz in one of the loops? You would want it after the Wah and Fuzz.
    read more...
    0 1,716
    • Dmantis
      LucioCosta Hi Dmantis.

I go with the fist option.

My set will be:

TC Electronic G-Syste iB mod;

- Lovepedal Amp 50 - Loop1

- Ibanez TS8 or TS9 - Loop2

- Tube Driver, BK Butler - Loop3

- Nova Drive - Loop4

- Dunlop Volume Pedal - Volume

- Dunlop - 535Q Cry Baby.

- EP1-TC G-System – Mission Engineering - Expression Pedal

my dream setup.
      • November 21, 2016
    • Dmantis
      Dmantis Interesting choice. I'm strongly wanting o test drive the G system. After hearing the quality of TC's pedals, I can't imagine the G system sounding any worse. If anything I expect it to sound as good or maybe better.

I really LOVE the fact you can remove the chassis and rack mount it. I'm not sure how much cable length benefits you will get as your volume pedal , guitar chord will have to be longer then if on stage. Debatable here as I'd like to start a topic on cable length rack mount vs floor use.
      • November 22, 2016
    • Dmantis
      pontmercy

Dmantis wrote:

Interesting choice. I'm strongly wanting o test drive the G system. After hearing the quality of TC's pedals, I can't imagine the G system sounding any worse. If anything I expect it to sound as good or maybe better.

I really LOVE the fact you can remove the chassis and rack mount it. I'm not sure how much cable length benefits you will get as your volume pedal , guitar chord will have to be longer then if on stage. Debatable here as I'd like to start a topic on cable length rack mount vs floor use.

I use my Ernie Ball VP Jr.s for Vol and Exp plugged into the floorboard of my G-system, then use the Variax cable (16') back to the rack/amp. Works great!

Where about are you located Dmantis? If you were close, I'd let you come check out my G-System to see if you might like it (not to sell it to you but to give you the test drive you're looking for!)
      • December 1, 2016
    • Dmantis
      elvis I went the pedal/controller route with a GCX/GCP. Worked really well, but you're stuck with one setting for each pedal unless you do a lot of tuning on the fly or the pedal has storage and MIDI.

You could also do it with a GigRig G2.

I wound up selling the controller and am back to the GS.
      • December 2, 2016
  • DaveBanthorpe
    Contributor - Level 1
    2017-09-19
    HI - I have a HarmonyControl guitar which I have used for a while to control the harmonies in my VoiceLive. I was recently playing with it and decided to look at the raw MIDI out signal and realised that I could probably send that into a s/w keyboard to create automatic keyboard chords as backing to my guitar.

My setup is as follows (I found using GarageBand the simplest way to test this).

Guitar -> HarmonyControl -> MIDI OUT -> Korg Plugkey -> iPad -> GarageBand.

It works great! However, it does make it very apparent how accurate you have to be in your guitar playing as if you start picking after strumming a chord it sends the odd note through MIDI when then results is duff chords being played on the keyboard. With a little modification to the firmware of the HarmonyControl I reckon this could be a fantastic product offering giving the guitarist the ability to automatically have keyboard pads play along as backing.

It just needs those odd duff notes removing from the signal when you are not clearly playing a full chord - i.e. it should not send MIDI unless a full chord is recognized. So that you can strum a chord (and it sends that) but then you switch to picking before strumming next chord - no changes should be sent until you strum again. Make sense? Hope I am explaining myself properly

I appreciate this is now a discontinued product but from your current product list I don't see an equivalent product?

-Dave
    read more...
    0 531
    • DaveBanthorpe
      CraigFraser Hey Dave,

Thanks for the idea! We are definitely talking about some sort of way to generate "pads" to accompany our users. Using NaturalPlay is a great way to start. I'll keep you posted if/when we make some progress.
      • February 16, 2018
  • SimonWoolcott
    Contributor - Level 2
    2017-02-04
    I mainly do sound at hi tech gaming conferences. Not only do I need to worry about a FOH sound, I also send a mix out to a live video stream, and live radio broadcasts. Normally they are reasonably big rooms so I also have a set of delayed speakers (b208d are great for this) halfway down the room. I also have a wedge fill for the stage and finally a run a T-Loop mix for the front 2 roles to assist hearing aid users.

The XL1600 currently handles all of this. Amazingly well. So well in fact it's hard to find anything that can route this well. The Speaker A/B is a godsend.

I am interested in upgrading to allow me a roaming mixing location. Like sometimes from the bar . I have already downloaded the app and have a few questions before I decide upon my next piece of equipment.

1. If I set aux 5/6 to Main LR in the IN/OUT config panel, do they become a clone of my main outputs? If so, what happens if I alter any settings when I click on Bus 5/6 now? Are they not now redundant?

2. Is there a way to give restricted access to an app so I can let someone else do a separate mix that does not have the potential of changing my FOH mix? I.E. On the PC used for live streaming it would be good for them to be able to level the quiet talkers with no feedback concerns as well as give a wider stereo spread for AV matching.

3. If my pc crashes, what will happen? And is there a panic master volume on the hardware in case this happens whilst ringing out the room. Because I thought it, it will happen to me.

I thank you in advance. On bit of feedback on the interface - I'm used to using the point at the channel on the scribble pad and work upwards to adjust. this means I find myself always clicking at the bottom of the channel and it does not select that channel. (Clicking below the mute). I know this just has the number there, but to be intuitive I think clicking there should also select that channel. it was my default action.

Thank you in advance!
    read more...
    0 820
    • SimonWoolcott
      CraigFowler 1.Yes, it will just be another pair of outputs with your LR mix. Bus5/6 != aux5/6. You can still use bus5/6 for things, eg you could use it as a subgroup and route it to LR, or you could use it for recording and route it to a pair of USB sends.

2.AFAIK there are a couple of apps which the user can choose to restrict to a particular bus. While this goes some way stopping people from accidentally changing FOH, it won't stop anyone with malicious intent. Anyone who gets on your console's wired\wifi network with a windows\ios\OSX\android\linux device can download the app and start messing with your console. Safest to just not give anyone the wifi password.

3.If your PC crashes you'll control from that PC (though other devices, eg ipads connected via wifi, will retain control) and any recording\streaming you might be doing from the PC that's just crashed. The console itself will continue to pass audio, with whatever settings were active when the PC crashed. There is no panic "mute-all" button.

Keep in mind that unlike most digital desks, the XAir doesn't have line delays on its outputs, so if you were looking to slim down your setup, you'd need to keep whatever you're currently using for line delays.
      • February 4, 2017
    • SimonWoolcott
      SimonWoolcott

Craig Fowler;94409 wrote:

1.Yes, it will just be another pair of outputs with your LR mix. Bus5/6 != aux5/6. You can still use bus5/6 for things, eg you could use it as a subgroup and route it to LR, or you could use it for recording and route it to a pair of USB sends.

2.AFAIK there are a couple of apps which the user can choose to restrict to a particular bus. While this goes some way stopping people from accidentally changing FOH, it won't stop anyone with malicious intent. Anyone who gets on your console's wired\wifi network with a windows\ios\OSX\android\linux device can download the app and start messing with your console. Safest to just not give anyone the wifi password.

3.If your PC crashes you'll control from that PC (though other devices, eg ipads connected via wifi, will retain control) and any recording\streaming you might be doing from the PC that's just crashed. The console itself will continue to pass audio, with whatever settings were active when the PC crashed. There is no panic "mute-all" button.

Keep in mind that unlike most digital desks, the XAir doesn't have line delays on its outputs, so if you were looking to slim down your setup, you'd need to keep whatever you're currently using for line delays.

Thank you so much. And thank you for making me realise the routing is far more versatile than I thought. Of course bus 5,6 does not equal aux 5, 6 DOH!! I was even bloomin in the screen you configure aux 5,6 and this did not click.

I now have enough information to make a purchase. thank you so much!
      • February 5, 2017
    • SimonWoolcott
      CraigFowler You're welcome. Glad I could help.

PS, re your mute all, although there's no hardware button, (short of pulling out the power,) you could use a mute group\DCA, assign all inputs\outputs to it, and use it with multiple control devices, eg if the system feeds back and the computer crashes at the same time, have a backup control device press the muteall mute group. Just make sure you don't press it accidentally. Also some devices don't have mute group/dca control yet. Apparently it's being implemented "soon."

Edit: "Soon" means now.
      • February 5, 2017
  • FrankJensen
    Contributor - Level 1
    2015-09-28

I just startet using the VL3 ... fantastic toy BUT...

I play acoustic guitar and want the bodyrez sound... but I can't find it anywere

Do I need to upgrade the firmvare or what

best regards
    0 325
    • FrankJensen
      GalenFitzpatric
      Yup. Update the firmware and you'll find them.
      • September 28, 2015
    • FrankJensen
      CraigFraser
      Hi Frank,

There's also some BodyRez presets available on VoiceSupport that include the small delay "ambience" that Play Acoustic has.

Cheers,

Craig
      • September 28, 2015
    • FrankJensen
      FrankJensen Thanks
      • September 28, 2015
    • FrankJensen
      Stefan1
      @Craig, L.R.Baggs recently positioned a product called Session DI. I'm sure you followed the news

I like the features - would it be possible to dial in / emulate with the VL3 what this thing does?

I'd love to see a Preset and an explanation of TC-Helicon how to use it in order to shape sound for the acoustic guitar. This could be advertised way more!

Amp: some sort of Bodyres preset - which is now just an EQ setting, right? additional subtle Saturation of the signal

Comp: some sort of Multiband Compressor to even out the string balance and shape the sound.

- which preset did you refer to in your previous post (September 29, 2015, 00:50)?

Cheers, Stefan

• September 29, 2015
    • FrankJensen
      CraigFraser
      Hi Stefan,

We don't offer multi-band compression in any of our products. The presets I referred to are available via VoiceSupport. BodyRez on Play Acoustic (the first product that had it) uses a small delay to create "ambience" as one of the controllable parameters. VL3 can't do that outside of its existing delay block, so we couldn't make AMP styles for BodyRez that matched 100% with Play Acoustic. The AMP styles are the same EQ, but we needed to make presets that also contained the compression and "ambience" (delay) using the effects blocks in VL3.

Cheers,

Craig
      • September 29, 2015
Go to page