Statistics

228,589 members
103,492 posts
  • bhaikosalam
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-19

I don't know where to ask, the audiophile subreddit was no help, not much on google either.

I'm looking for passive speakers that do well with techno & electronic music in general. I'm sure you'vee noticed that sometimes high end speakers are great for all types of music, except for techno and electro where the bass doesn't sound sharp and detailed but rather slow and messy. how to win at internet cafe sweepstakes

What passive speakers would you guys recommend ?

read more...
    0 546
    • bhaikosalam
      RichardYClark

What size, power and price range are you looking for? Otherwise the sky's the limit. 

"sometimes high end speakers are great for all types of music, except for techno and electro where the bass doesn't sound sharp and detailed "

That's why active speakers can be so much better with separate amps for the top and bass where the bass can be much better controlled by being directly connected to the bass amp without any crossover components in between.

• August 20, 2019
  • Millerman2372
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-10

I have 2 PM1 and I wanted to know it if I can run both off the same mix bus withthis kind of splitter. Please let me know if this will work and not damage the full size Behringer x32. Please feel free to give me a call at 832-896-8488 or you can just email me back

59AE6AA0-C2D1-4EB3-9BEF-DF96F69302A5.jpeg

read more...
    0 75
    • Millerman2372
      RexBeckett

@Millerman2372 

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum.

I do not recommend connecting two PM1s to a single output. Even one PM1 is a greater load than the line outputs were designed for. Two together could cause distortion on one or more of the X32 line outputs and could possible result in damage.

A better solution would be to use Behringer P2 monitor amplfiers. You could connect several of those to the same output. See this thread  for details.

• November 10, 2019
  • robinkle
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-12-05

I'm very keen on a Simmons SDS-V clone. An iconic drum synthesizer released in 1981. It's one of those instruments that defined the sound of the 80's. And is a perfect match along with the other cloned instruments from Behringer.

The Drum Brain is based on 5 different types of modules.: Bass Drum, Snare, Tom Tom, Hihat and Cymbal. It would make sense to make these in the Eurorack format, including a matching trigger/sequencer module with midi IO, and trigger inputs. And made available as a complete system in a Eurorack case, but also as separate modules.

Thank you for listening.

read more...
    1 315
  • ValeriuM_Trufin
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-03

Hi there! Blessings from Romania!

Considering the age of the mixer, this might have been discussed before but I can't find a thread.

I have a small problem: the congregation microphones (Rhode N1) for the moment are placed somewhat far from the main speakers (still picking up a little), and the voices of the congregation singing picked up, sound a little later than the worship band in the separate bus that we send for the live stream.

The mixer channels are all used. 2 Channels are for the microphones in the congragation

- X32 used for FOH

- wireless router connected for phones and tablet users for separate monitor mixes

- tablet used to make sparate mix for stereo bus send to live video stream.

- 1 mono matrix is used for sending signal to overflow rooms

5 matrix and 2 busses not used as of now. Only 4 aux channels still available.

We use a stereo bus to get a separate mix for live streaming, where we add the congregation microphones. But you can hear them singing slightly behind the band. How can I add a delay to the main mix of the band before adding the congregation just for this bus?

read more...
    0 117
    • ValeriuM_Trufin
      RexBeckett

@ValeriuM_Trufin 

How about this: Insert a delay into your live stream stereo bus pair - using Stereo Pitch Shift FX with Semi and Cents set to zero; Mix your congregation mics into a spare bus or bus pair; Combine the two into a Matrix bus pair.

• January 3, 2020
  • hugh1e
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-13

I want to set up a cinema system using an audio decoder to feed 5.1 audio to the XR16 and then feed active speakers from the Main LR and the 4 Aux outputs. 

I can see how to set up buses to create monitor mixes for each 5.1  channel and how to assign the buses in the Aux tab of the Input Dialog window. However I can't see why the bus signal won't go to the respective aux output instead of the LR mix, which I want to use for FL and FR. Has anyone got any ideas for me?What have I missed?

I'm controlling from a PC.

read more...
    0 208
    • hugh1e
      KenMitchell

Hi @hugh1e , 

Welcome to the community.  Not sure why you need buses to do this. On the In/Out routing screen, AUX Out, you can just assign your surround channels directly to the AUX outputs. I must be missing something obvious.  The best thing might be for you to save a scene file and post it here.  Use Choose File in the lower-left when replying. 

Ken

• February 13, 2020
    • hugh1e
      hugh1e

Ah.  Thank you, Ken.  Simplicity itself.  I'll try it tomorrow and expect all will be fine.

Should have remembered my KISS.  (Keep It Simple, Stupid)

Jeremy

• February 13, 2020
  • neilcollingham
    Contributor - Level 1
    2013-10-12
    On the mixer there are 30 effects. Has anyone a key of which number equals which effect. ? Thanks
    0 7,125
  • DaveByers605901
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-02

So I am so embarrassed I want to crawl under a rock... 

I used the mic mechanic yesterday and "assumed" it would pick up the correct key. I'm using qsc k8 as a monitor that is sending back our tracks and music so I assumed it would pick that up. However, instead of helping me, it was continually taking my vocals off-key. It seems it was attempting to pull me to pitch but in the wrong key. I am SO embarrassed... Firstly my entire church heard this. 2nd it was broadcast live as well. ugh. 

https://www.facebook.com/DestinyHouseChurch/videos/485973382072936/?t=188 The mix of the sound is horrible also which I will fix, but my vocal is very upfront and you can tell it very clearly. Why did it do this? How can this be corrected?

read more...
    0 224
    • DaveByers605901
      TCH-Rob

Hi @DaveByers605901 ,

First off, it wasn't too bad! I watched the video and I'm sure in the room with proper sound few people in the congregation noticed. I've had plenty of musical mishaps which I was certain everybody in the congregation heard, but most of the time when I ask people later they didn't even notice. Awesome job leading through it; you led a great worship set regardless of the technical difficulties. 

Mic Mechanic uses chromatic correction rather than the key-based correction some of our other pedals use. This means that it corrects your voice to the nearest semitone, regardless of which key you're playing. If it corrected your voice to the wrong note, it just means your voice was off by more than half a semitone from the note you were trying to hit. This can be a common issue with people who are new to using Mic Mechanic, but the easiest way to fix it is to practice singing with the Mic Mechanic; the more you sing with the correction, the more accurate your pitch will become and the less you'll have the issue of it pulling your voice in the wrong direction. Hope this helps!  

• March 2, 2020
    • DaveByers605901
      DaveByers605901

Ugh... it's all I can think about. The broadcast mix was much different than the live mix which goes through a different bus and I need to correct that. I went from a wireless to wired to use the TC and it's volume was significantly louder and wasn't taken into consideration with the live mix. 

So MM doesn't use any room sense to go to a key then? Hmm.. I have a voicelive. I think it does right? 

Thanks for your time. 

• March 2, 2020
  • Jose7822
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-03-05

Hi all!

I was wondering if the X32 could be used as a standard MIDI interface in order to send information from a drum trigger module into Superior Drummer 3 within Studio One?

I searched online, but the threads I found were at least 3 years old. I wanted to know if things have changed since. I have the current firmware of the X32 installed, btw.

Thanks!

read more...
    0 125
  • PaulWelch
    Contributor - Level 1
    2016-09-28
    I have a NOX606, plugged in my microphone and get no sound unless my amp is nearly full volume, does anyone have any ideas, as the phone number for customer support doesn't work
    0 815
    • PaulWelch
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum. Have you tried contacting CARE (contact info is in my signature below)?
      • September 28, 2016
    • PaulWelch
      Michael_Lapke

Paul Welch;85859 wrote:

I have a NOX606, plugged in my microphone and get no sound unless my amp is nearly full volume, does anyone have any ideas, as the phone number for customer support doesn't work

Hi Paul,

Just wanted to check to see which input you are plugging your microphone into your NOX606 (are you using the XLR or TRS port)? You will also need to make sure that you are turing up the Mic Gain for that appropriate channel to feed a healthy mic level signal into your mixer.
      • September 29, 2016
    • PaulWelch
      MichaelMaeurer And do not forget to flip the switch under the CUE button of the microphone to ON.
      • August 18, 2017
  • ChadMusser
    Contributor - Level 1
    2015-03-13
    I am the worship leader at our church and I just had an issue with one of my S16 digital snakes. I have a pretty simple setup. One X32 with two digital snakes run to the stage. I installed this system back in October and haven't had any major issues with it since then. Up until now, I've used inputs 1-24 on the digital snakes, and 25-32 are local because of wireless receivers that I wanted to have access to without having to go up to the stage. Well yesterday I wanted to change the last 8 inputs from local to the S16. As soon as I switched the routing in the sound board from local to AES50 25-32, I noticed signal coming out of a few of the channels. Which was bizarre because I had nothing plugged into those inputs, nor have I since I bought it.

After plugging a microphone into input 25, that's when nothing made sense. The gain on the channel was all the way down at -12, but I only had to turn the fader up to about -25 before it was ridiculously loud and there was a bunch of static and white noise in the background. I tried it in every channel (25-32) and the same thing happened every time. I then tested it back in the old input (input 2) and the microphone and channel strip worked like it was supposed to.

I am fairly knowledgeable at this stuff, and I have zero idea as to why this is happening. Is there any reason why that set of 8 inputs would somehow all be acting the same way? Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated! Thanks!
    read more...
    0 2,644
    • ChadMusser
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Chad,

Welcome to the forum. Just to make sure we understand your scenario, can I ask a few questions?

* Did you change the Routing, home Inputs 25-32 from the Local to the AES50 25-32?

* Was the AES50 25-32 the same port (A or B) as the first 3 banks of 8?

* Are you aware that the headamps include the gains and phantom and are located at the physical inputs? Meaning that in changing from local to the 2nd S16, the gains and phantom would need to be reset?

* Is the second S16 in mode 2 and connected from the A port to the first S16 B port?

Paul
      • March 13, 2015
    • ChadMusser
      ChadMusser

Paul Vannatto;43480 wrote:

Hi Chad,

Welcome to the forum. Just to make sure we understand your scenario, can I ask a few questions?

* Did you change the Routing, home Inputs 25-32 from the Local to the AES50 25-32?

* Was the AES50 25-32 the same port (A or B) as the first 3 banks of 8?

* Are you aware that the headamps include the gains and phantom and are located at the physical inputs? Meaning that in changing from local to the 2nd S16, the gains and phantom would need to be reset?

* Is the second S16 in mode 2 and connected from the A port to the first S16 B port?

Paul

1. Yes I changed the routing

2. 25-32 are considered "A". Both S16's are labeled as A, inputs 1-32.

3. I am a little confused on this one. Do they reset automatically? Or do I need to do that on my own. And if I do, then how should I go about doing that?

4. The S16's are connected correctly. I'm not sure about the mode. I've been a little confused on this since I got the system. Does mode 2 mean the second option from the left with the rotary knob?

Chad
      • March 13, 2015
    • ChadMusser
      Paul_Vannatto

Chad Musser;43485 wrote:

3. I am a little confused on this one. Do they reset automatically? Or do I need to do that on my own. And if I do, then how should I go about doing that?

When you switch from the local preamps to the S16 preamps, since the gains and phantom are part of those preamps, you will then see those preamp settings, similar to when you change channel banks (fader levels, etc. change). After switching to the S16 bank of 8, you can change the gains and phantom in one of 3 ways.

* select each channel and adjust the gain and phantom by the gain knob (top left) and phantom button

* select the Setup, preamps page and adjust the AES50 bank there

* use my X32 Live Toolbox app (https://sourceforge.net/projects/x32livetoolbox/) and use the headamps tool to copy the gains and/or phantom settings from one bank of 8 to another.

4. The S16's are connected correctly. I'm not sure about the mode. I've been a little confused on this since I got the system. Does mode 2 mean the second option from the left with the rotary knob?

See the S16 manual in the Configuration section (http://x32wiki.music-group.com/index.php?title=S16%3A_Configuring_the_S16). By pushing and holding the Config button, turn the Select/Adjust knob until the Out+8 LED is on and nothing else.

Paul
      • March 13, 2015
Go to page