Statistics

268,292 members
147,864 posts
  • tdblanchard
    Contributor - Level 2
    2014-01-20
    Has anyone had any problems with the tuner on the G?
    I was tuning today and it barely registered a signal from my guitar and when it did, it was pretty far off.
    0 912
    • tdblanchard
      neilbunker That happened to me once, I shut it off and when it came back on it was fine, and never did it again. I'm not sure what caused it.
      • January 21, 2014
  • CL_70940
    Contributor - Level 1
    2015-09-02

Hi!

I use Switch 3 and love it specially because with less cables, no power cord, etc, it's easier to move and position in a place where it's easier to press when I'm playing.

So, is it possible to add the HIT option to the Switch-3 (or even the Up and Down buttons) on the next firmware version?

Thank you SO much!
    read more...
    0 380
    • CL_70940
      STeebs1
      Hi C L.

Press Setup and press the soft button ">" to navigate to page 5 of 9 ..

the bottom Right option, I think as default is set to Looper. Change this to Custom.

Then press the soft button ">" and go to page 6 of 9. You can change any of the buttons (sw-3-1, sw-3-2 and sw-3-3) to what you want and HIT is an option.

Hope it helps.
      • September 5, 2015
    • CL_70940
      ChrisF
      STeebs is correct, but why do this and duplicate an already existing button on the unit itself? Unless you want the unit off the floor of course.
      • September 6, 2015
    • CL_70940
      DavidEidelberg
      ChrisF:

If I could move tap tempo to the HIT button and move the HIT button functions to the Switch 3, I'd do it so I don't accidentally change presets while turning harmonies on and off since I don't stare at the pedal while playing and singing. I know how to move the HIT button functions, but there's no way to move any guitar effect functions to the HIT button.
      • October 6, 2015
    • CL_70940
      ChrisF
      You can't user-assign functions on the buttons of the VLPE.
      • October 7, 2015
    • CL_70940
      DavidEidelberg Not surprised, but another small change that would really improve the pedal.
      • October 7, 2015
  • Roland1
    Contributor - Level 3
    2015-08-21

Hi

Do the VL touch has the same effects and possibilities as the VL3 on the VocalLayer?
    What will be the limitations on the VoiceLive Touch?
    I use the VL3 and a friend/vocalist ask, if he should by the VL3 also or the VoiceLive Touch only for vocalist needs.
    read more...
    0 173
  • nimb
    Contributor - Level 2
    2014-02-15
    Anyone tried that combo? Running a Eventide H9 via MIDI/loop and controlling it by the G-system?
    0 2,306
    • nimb
      bucketbot I bought one recently to try, however not really had much time to experiment with it as yet.

The facility to tweak it via Bluetooth from an ipad is pretty damn cool though!

I ended up connecting it between the G Output & my amp loop return as most of the effects sounded better to me that way.

Not set it up as yet to select patches with the G but it seem clear that you will need to use the H9's Midi map feature to do this effectively. The H9 also has the ability to adjust things using received CC messages.

I will quite likley end up not using it much with the G but use it in the loop of the 2nd amp that I use in tandem with the amp I have connected 4cm to the G as I think the G's effects stand pretty much well enough on their own.

I switch between the 2 amps with a Lehle ABY switch & also sometimes run both together.

Makes for an awesome sound!

Lesson for Vyzor here as the H9 comes with both an iPad app & also PC editor both of which seem to work flawlessly for tweaking patches & changing programs & transferring & organising presets
      • February 15, 2014
  • andresdlm
    Contributor - Level 2
    2013-01-06
    Hi, sorry for my english, I´m from Argentina. I have this problem, I want to setup the delay with very short repetitions and 100% feedback, to make some interesting noises. My idea is to turn it on and off in 1 or 2 sec only but several times. The problem is that when I first turn it on, it goes all right, but the second time it appears the old repetitions, as it they were always repeting in memory and apears again when activating the delay. So it is imposible to play in that way. I need the
    read more...
    0 2,279
    • andresdlm
      andresdlm I need the "old feedback" to reset to cero , so when I do it several times, it apears new repetitions.

It is difficult to explain, but I hope you´ll understand me.

Thanks!!!
      • January 6, 2013
    • andresdlm
      Bmoney you will need to change the FX Mute setting to "Hard". It's in the Utilities Menu. This will prevent the delay repeats from continuing after switching presets.
      • January 6, 2013
    • andresdlm
      andresdlm

B money wrote:

you will need to change the FX Mute setting to "Hard". It's in the Utilities Menu. This will prevent the delay repeats from continuing after switching presets.

I Have already done that. The delay repeats stops when turn off the delay, but when I switch on again it reproduces de old feedbak, it appears. I turn it off an on many times and it continues appearing. Need help!
      • January 7, 2013
    • andresdlm
      Bmoney in order to cut off the delay repeats, you are going to have to switch to another preset, rather than simply turning off the delay effect. As you have discovered, the delay repeats keep going otherwise.

If you set the FX Mute to Hard, and then switch from a preset with delay to a preset without delay, it'll stop the repeats. As far as I know, that is the only way to do it.
      • January 7, 2013
    • andresdlm
      andresdlm Thanks B money, it´s a shame that can´t be done what I pretend to do...
      • January 11, 2013
  • Nineteen80
    Contributor - Level 1
    2017-09-29
    My TC RH750 exploded so at the moment meant I have a Laney Nexus SLS on top of my TC cabs. Do the cabs run in series or parallel? If they run parallel I’m not going g to get the full 500w from the amp?
    0 718
  • Brett1
    Contributor - Level 2
    2016-08-17

It seems I can only specify the key of my song when using Scale or Fixed harmonies but not when using Natural harmonies. Sometimes the 3rd of the chord on my guitar doesn't ring loud or I simply don't play the third in my chord and the VoiceLive3, using Natural, seems to choose that harmony at random, sometimes singing a minor 3rd over a major chord or vice-versa. This is a big problem for me (and seemingly anyone who may not have 3rds recognized form their guitar). I haven't played with Scale much but it seems Natural may be a bit nicer and I'd love if it could do it's thing while also blocking out certain notes that I don't want it to ever sing, throughout the song. Am I overlooking something? I've been through all the menus and only see key information when using fixed harmonies.
    read more...
    0 1,424
    • Brett1
      AndrewShaw
      The way I understand it, NaturalPlay is like guessing harmonies, but using Scale of Fixed Harmonies produces accurate harmony calculations.

The key of a song is determined by the 3rd. If you don't tell us what the 3rd is, we don't know if you're in a major or minor key. How can you expect the VL to know?

What you need in your scenario, if you're wanting exact harmonies, is *not* to use NaturalPlay.
      • August 23, 2016
    • Brett1
      Brett1
      "The key of a song is determined by the 3rd. If you don't tell us what the 3rd is, we don't know if you're in a major or minor key. How can you expect the VL to know?"

This is exact reason my original post said it would be nice if Natural Play could be accompanied by other indicators - then the VL would know. Did you even read my post? If I could tell it if I'm in a major or minor key it wouldn't have to "guess." And btw, the key of a song is not determined by the third - reading the third of a single chord is not nearly enough information to determine the key.

And no, I don't want to "*not*" use natural play because it chooses specific harmonies that other options do not. Just like other devices and pitch software available, it would be nice if TCH would allow natural play to be assisted by note exclusions, etc...
      • August 24, 2016
    • Brett1
      AndrewShaw
      It may be possible to achieve want you want with note exclusions, but as you've already stated you will need to set NaturalPlay to scale.

Pages 65-69 and the of the VoiceLive Rack manual contain what you need to know. The Scale Diagram on page 89 could also help.
      • August 27, 2016
    • Brett1
      AndrewShaw
      FWIW, Tom has youtube video where he demonstrates harmonies using NaturalPlay guided by his guitar ("guessing" algorithm) versus NaturalPlay guided by a set scale ("calculated" algorithm). The examples using Scale produce tighter harmonies, of course. If your songs contain common chord progressions, then you can use Scale and not worry if your guitar playing occasionally doesn't have the 3rd in it to determine the key.

If your songs have more unusual chord progressions, you may still have options to get the specific harmony notes you want by using custom scales and note mapping.

tldr; You can't get specific, predictable, and consistent harmony note results if NaturalPlay is *not* set to Scale/Shift/Midi Notes. HTH
      • August 27, 2016
    • Brett1
      AlMorello Is there a link to Toms video?
      • September 9, 2016
  • LeonardoParker
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-24

Hi guys.

Just wondering what power cables i would need for stanton t120 decks?? Never owned a vinyl setup, but ive been offered some decks at discounted prices because thttps://solitaire.onl/ hey have no cables. I have no idea about cables. Are they all universal? If not how hard are they to buy, i cant seem to fin d any online.

Also the mixer is a urei 1601. Thanks for any help! https://9apps.ooo/

read more...
    0 55
  • edwouldnt
    Contributor - Level 1
    2018-03-05
    Tried it loads of times using different combinations and following the official tutorial videos fully. I still can not make it work. Can anyone suggest a fix for this?
    0 884
    • edwouldnt
      KirkK I'm starting to feel lucky I can get one (of two) to work. If I figure it out I will let you know. Good Luck.
      • March 8, 2018
    • edwouldnt
      ppiluk Have you upgraded the firmware to the newest version?
      • April 4, 2018
  • remira
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-11-14
    Hi users!

I did all the actions Laird described in his white paper. Everything works fine so far - thank you Laird, great job!
    So if no pedal loop is activated - I have a crystal clear sound, even in the Insert Loop with highest gain settings.

I have connected to the analog loops the following pedals:
    Loop1: simple boost pedal
    Loop2: Ibanez TS7
    Loop3: BOSS SD1

My problem:

When I activate any of loop1, 2, 3 hum is produced.

I bypassed the G-System Filter and "Pedal Loop" part by disconnecting the guitar cable from the G-System front input and connecting it into the preamp input.
    All other cables were untouched. ´
    Result: Sound is crytal clear and better than before because it sounds much more "open".

Then I switched one of the above pedals between guitar and preamp input. Result: No additional hum.

- Does the AD/DA unit "cut" sound?
    - Has the analog loop unit inside the G-System a known ground loop problem or any other hum problem?
    - Are there any solutions to the problems above?

Thank you for help!
    read more...
    0 3,221
    • remira
      Laird_Williams

remira wrote:

Hi users!

I did all the actions Laird described in his white paper. Everything works fine so far - thank you Laird, great job!

So if no pedal loop is activated - I have a crystal clear sound, even in the Insert Loop with highest gain settings.

I have connected to the analog loops the following pedals:

Loop1: simple boost pedal

Loop2: Ibanez TS7

Loop3: BOSS SD1

My problem:

When I activate any of loop1, 2, 3 hum is produced.

I bypassed the G-System Filter and "Pedal Loop" part by disconnecting the guitar cable from the G-System front input and connecting it into the preamp input.

All other cables were untouched. ´

Result: Sound is crytal clear and better than before because it sounds much more "open".

Then I switched one of the above pedals between guitar and preamp input. Result: No additional hum.

- Does the AD/DA unit "cut" sound?

- Has the analog loop unit inside the G-System a known ground loop problem or any other hum problem?

- Are there any solutions to the problems above?

Thank you for help!

How are you powering the pedals? What happens when you only have ONE of them in one of the loops, with the other pedals NOT connected to the G OR to power?
      • November 14, 2011
    • remira
      remira Hi Laird!

Here are some pics of my rack system:

All pedals are powered by G-System.

There is no change if I have only one, two or all three of them connected to Loop1 ... Loop3.

Some cases whith higest gain:

0-Guitar directlly connected to preamp input: nearly no hum (low white noise hum).

1-Guitar connected to G-System, no pedal connected to its loop: additional less (50Hz!?) hum, but noticable

2-Guitar in G-System, Pedal loops all deactivated, all pedals connected : like 1

3-Pedal 1 on G-System switched to ON: Much more hum than 1 or 2

4-Only Pedal 3 (sd-1) connected to its loop but powered by battery: No change to all combinations

In all cases BUT 0: Guitar volume 10:Full Hum; Guitar Volume 0: No Hum

The additional hum sound is (of cource) something like 50Hz hum.

In Case 3: Unplugging guitar from G-System: Acceptable "white noise" hum beacuse of additional gain in the high channel, no noticable 50Hz hum.

And..... oh, G-System is fixed with metal screws to the rack and all other equipment.... that I will change...

...and give a message that happened.

remira
      • November 15, 2011
    • remira
      neilbunker

remira wrote:

remira

It sounds like the noise is being picked up by your guitar pickups, not the G-system. Not much that can be done to help that with the G apart from trying the noise gate. The noise is being induced before the signal ever reaches the G, and the overdrive pedals are just amplifying it. If you haven't yet, good quality sheilding in your pick up cavity can help, or hum canceling pickups, and try to keep your guitar away from electronics like lights, computer monitors, amplifiers, ect.
      • November 15, 2011
    • remira
      Laird_Williams

neilbunker wrote:

remira wrote:

remira

It sounds like the noise is being picked up by your guitar pickups, not the G-system. Not much that can be done to help that with the G apart from trying the noise gate. The noise is being induced before the signal ever reaches the G, and the overdrive pedals are just amplifying it. If you haven't yet, good quality sheilding in your pick up cavity can help, or hum canceling pickups, and try to keep your guitar away from electronics like lights, computer monitors, amplifiers, ect.

+1
      • November 15, 2011
Go to page