Statistics

267,821 members
147,326 posts
  • tore
    Contributor - Level 2
    2007-11-16
    There's been a number of feature requests in various threads and while we obviously can't promise that a suggestion will make to a firmware release and I figured it would be a good idea to gather them all in one spot. To start it off, I've copied some great suggestions gbtommasi posted in the "What Routing Are You Using?" thread:

"... it would be great to decide wether you have mod before or after delay, say, or even after reverb for those 'landscape' ambient guitar sounds.
    Even without going that complex, it would also be very useful if i could assign a % of reverb to delayrepeats when using parallel or semi parallel mode, so that they could 'sit' more nicely in reverb's ambience. It would sound more 'natural'.
    read more...
    0 668,234
    • tore
      scottkahn Feature requests:

1. It would be great to be able to see the tuner while playing, like with the G-Major and G-Force. I miss this from my other TC gear...

2. MODULATION DELAY. It would be great to be able to set a chorus rate and depth to just the repeat notes of a delay signal.

Scott
      • November 16, 2007
    • tore
      ny10547 Any chance of synth sounds similar to the Axe FX? They have some sounds where you get the guitar as well as string type swells.

Also a little better tuner for the bass. Not a hi priority on that one though.

One more, would it be possible to have the volume and expression pedals control parameters on not only the G but also on preamps? Right now the G only controls program changes. That one would be real nice.
      • November 16, 2007
    • tore
      gbtommasi ha! this is a very dangerous thread Tore, you know musicians' fantasy is unlimited!

• November 16, 2007
    • tore
      dirkpispers I don't have a G-System yet, but I will buy one in the next weeks and I studied the manual a little.

I think a parameter patch/global in the menu for setting up and customize the footswitches will make the G-System even more flexible.

For example, if Loop4 on/off or Delay on/off will be set to global, the setting will not change when I change between patches.

Dirk
      • November 16, 2007
    • tore
      sheguitarplayer +1 on the routing so you can put the mod after the delay, or having a modulated delay to get those U2 sounds nailed. Our engineer has the D two in his rack and the chorused delay on that is unbelievable!

I would also like to see the facility to send more than one cc message with one pedal press.

Would it be possible, within a preset to toggle between say two different modulation effects. I like to use the gsystem like a glorified stomp box and this would be very useful. It can be done on the Boss GTpro. Obviously you wouldnt be able to use both fx at once (too much processing) but if the patch can 'recall' settings on say a flanger and a chorus effect then it should be easy enough to switch between the two?
      • November 16, 2007
  • LoveNinja
    Contributor - Level 1
    2014-06-05
    This TC support document seems incomplete with impedance data:

Ditto Looper: Input/output impedance
    http://support.tcelectronic.com/entries/23140961-Ditto-Looper-Input-output-impedance

It states input/output are "The input/output impedance is approx. 1 Mohm". I suspect its more like: Input impedance 1 MΩ; Output impedance 100 Ω. Anyone know for sure?
    read more...
    0 1,757
    • LoveNinja
      FlyingsCool Since it's true bypass, wouldn't that be, by definition, 1 MΩ input/output?

1 MΩ input/ 100 Ω output would suggest a buffer in the signal path.
      • August 16, 2014
    • LoveNinja
      TC-Mike Hi guys,

thanks for pointing this out

you are right, the correct answer is of course:

Input Impedance= 1 Mohm

Output Impedance = 100 Ohm

we have corrected the FAQ accordingly.

cheers, Mike
      • August 18, 2014
  • MarkLubenham
    Contributor - Level 1
    2017-06-10
    Hi Guys

As in the title, is it possible to hook up the above devices with the Play Acoustic?

Has anyone had success?

Thanks
    0 1,140
    • MarkLubenham
      LeonardLudvigse It depends on what u mean. There's no MIDI on the Play acoustic, so it would be hard to sync them up nicely if that's what u're thinking
      • June 12, 2017
    • MarkLubenham
      MartyCansler I don't have a beat buddy, but I do have the Play Acoustic. Looks like the beat buddy has a "phones" output which could be sent to the Aux in of the Play Acoustic. The drum volume would be controlled by the beat buddy. Says in the Beat buddy manual it can be connected this way to an amp or home stereo.

I have done similar iPhone headphone out to aux in on the play acoustic with great results. I use the stereo out setting and the aux in is mixed in with the main output.
      • June 14, 2017
    • MarkLubenham
      LeonardLudvigse Oh yeah sure, audio isn't a problem to connect. Volume can be controlled in the mix-page of the Voicelive as well.

But if u wanted to synchronize the tempo/ rhythm/ BPM it wouldn't be possible with the Play acoustic

For example, if you had a Voicelive with MIDI input, you could send the MIDI tempo out from a Beatbuddy/ Trio into the Voicelive and have the delays and other time-based effects automatically align and synchronize. And you'd be able to sync the looper in the Voicelive with the tempo as well. U might know this already, I'm just throwin it out there
      • June 14, 2017
    • MarkLubenham
      ChristopherGree Hi mate, I have both one of the things with the BB is they do not recommend putting it in a signal chain of any sorts from my understanding and they do recommend a separate output to your desk, you should be able to get it to work in a signal chain as you are asking about but the results may be mixed...
      • July 12, 2017
  • guitarmech111
    Contributor - Level 2
    2014-06-22
    I thought we were able to download toneprints from the website and put them in our units. I have a flashback X4 and I am not able to download anything but the editor and it doesn't seem to be able to load any of the toneprints.

I have updated the firmware without issue, so I know the computer sees the X4. I am on PC Win 8.1, any suggestions?
    read more...
    0 1,609
    • guitarmech111
      guitarmech111 The problem is that I do not get the Send to pedal option lit up. The editor asks me to choose a toneprint to sync, that goes away and the selected toneprint gets in the editor. The Send to pedal button never lights for send.
      • June 21, 2014
    • guitarmech111
      guitarmech111 turns out I was not selecting toneprints for my unit. This edit program could be a little more intelligent. Maybe have a prompt for the toneprint unit for startup?
      • June 22, 2014
    • guitarmech111
      nunoc I felt the same prob. A send to pedal lit up would be usefull.
      • July 10, 2014
  • RiccardoVojvda
    Contributor - Level 1
    2018-02-23
    Hi, I just bought a second hand Voicelive Play. I read all the instructions, upgraded the Frimware via USB and menaged to customize my own preset etc.

Something I noticed is that the tail of the reverbs, or the feedback of the delays, doesn't decay naturally, instead after some time it drops and dies quickly. This happens even if I set long decay times for the reverbs or long feedbacks for the delays. The initial effect sounds like a long tailed one but at some point, fairly soon, it unnaturally drops by many dBs and goes silent.

It seems to me that there is a gate on the output that when the tail of the effects goes under a threshold the gate closes. The Tone Style is set to a preset without Noise gate, which is the only "gate function" in the entire system. However, If I understand right, this gate should only affect the input signal.

So, what do you think this could be? A wrong setting? A factory setting?
    I need to fix this.

Thank you
    Riccardo
    read more...
    0 601
    • RiccardoVojvda
      CecilieKaasgaar Hey Riccardo, are you using any other effects than reverb? The transducer effect has a separate gate on it to avoid feedback issues, so if you're using that as well, it might be that one cutting off? You can check it by going to the effect and press and hold one of the soft buttons on the side of the screen, which will bring up the advanced setting (this is also available for some of the other effects).
      • February 23, 2018
    • RiccardoVojvda
      RiccardoVojvda Thank you Cecilie, that's it! Resolved!
      • February 26, 2018
    • RiccardoVojvda
      CecilieKaasgaar No problem, glad it worked Just remember to be careful with input gain levels if you're using the transducer without a gate
      • February 26, 2018
  • FernandoZorzal
    Contributor - Level 2
    2017-04-18
    Does anyone know if VoiceLive3 works with Nylon String Acoustic Guitar?

I'm also looking for a video/tutorial about this setup, have you ever seen anything like it?

Thanks.

Fernando
    0 504
    • FernandoZorzal
      CraigFraser Hi Fernando,

As long as VL3 can hear chords it should do just fine with the nylon. Do you have a pickup that you can run into the unit?

I don't have a specific tutorial for nylon string. Sorry!
      • April 18, 2017
    • FernandoZorzal
      musicmadman
      Yes it surely does and very nicely too .

I plug in my nylon and away I go . The " Quack " is noticeably reduced to from the piezo as well .

EZ :

HR
      • April 18, 2017
    • FernandoZorzal
      FernandoZorzal Yes, i have one of those yamaha ncx serie with A.R.T. Pickup System.

Thanks!

Craig Fraser;121965 wrote:

Hi Fernando,

As long as VL3 can hear chords it should do just fine with the nylon. Do you have a pickup that you can run into the unit?

I don't have a specific tutorial for nylon string. Sorry!
      • April 18, 2017
  • cedricpreaux
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-06-05

Hello, 

I have bought the U-Phoria UMC404HD. I have installed the driver but the UMC Control panel doesnt find the USB device. It sais that their no devices connected. I have windows 10. I tried to reinstal  the driver multiple times but it doesnt work. At the device management it stands with other devices and not with the devices for music. If anybody could make it work it would be nice. 

read more...
    0 899
    • cedricpreaux
      RexBeckett

@cedricpreaux 

Hello Cedric, welcome to the community.

Try this: Open Windows Control Panel -> Device Manager, right-click on the device and select Uninstall. Disconnect the USB and reboot the PC. When you reconnect the USB cable, the UMC should reinstall and be listed under Sound, video and game controllers. If this does not work, try a different USB cable and/or PC USB port. 

BTW: On some PCs, the UMC404HD will only work correctly when run from its external power supply.

• June 4, 2020
    • cedricpreaux
      cedricpreaux

Hello and thank you!

I have tried the options but it is still at other devices and the umc control panel still cant find the device. I dont knwo what to do now.

• June 4, 2020
    • cedricpreaux
      RexBeckett

@cedricpreaux wrote:

Hello and thank you!

I have tried the options but it is still at other devices and the umc control panel still cant find the device. I dont knwo what to do now.

@cedricpreaux 

This behavior is usually caused by faulty USB cables, problems with the PC USB ports (USB 2.0 or USB-C generally work better than USB 3.0), connecting through a USB hub or conflicts with other sound devices e.g. the onboard sound. Conflicts can be checked by temporarily disabling the other sound devices.

It could also be that the interface is defective. Trying it on a different PC (Windows or Mac) is the only way to check it.

• June 4, 2020
    • cedricpreaux
      cedricpreaux

I just realised i only have usb 3.0 not usb 2.0. You know anyway to make it work or do i have to use an other **bleep**puter? 

• June 4, 2020
  • RobHenry
    Contributor - Level 2
    2017-06-18
    I am running my guitar DI out through a looper. When I am looping I am getting my vocals on my guitar track REALLY loud. How do I assign JUST guitar to guitar our and Vox to Vox out? I cant seem to find an intuitive way to do it!
    0 1,818
    • RobHenry
      TCH-Spencer Hey Rob,

What product are you referring to? In PlayAcoustic you want the Output mode in the Setup menu to be "Vocal/Guitar (DI)", in PlayElectric you'll probably want it in "Dual Mono". But some more info like what pedal and which output(s) you're using would be useful.
      • June 19, 2017
    • RobHenry
      RobHenry Hi , I am running a Play Accoustic. and that's how it is setup. I am getting " vocal out" level of vocals in my guitar out, its made it unusable.
      • June 21, 2017
    • RobHenry
      RobHenry I am running vox in vox out balanced , guitar in / guitar DI out to looper then into desk.

I have output set "voice/guitarDI ".
      • June 22, 2017
    • RobHenry
      RobHenry Guys, I am a working pro, I need some feedback on this issue asap, I have a heap of your products, not reassured by your response time on this, I have 3 gigs this weekend starting in 4 hours, clearly I am not going to get any help on this in time. This is a huge issue, I CANT loop without a vocal track being all over my guitar which makes the unit completely useless in a live format.
      • June 23, 2017
    • RobHenry
      TCH-Spencer This... is strange. It sounds like the PlayAcoustic is set up properly. What kind of pickup is in your guitar? Undersaddle, magnetic, contact, microphone? Can you try your same setup, but unplug the guitar's input cable at the guitar end? This'll leave all your ins and outs the same but remove the guitar from the equation. Make a loop like this while singing into the microphone and see if it still gets into the guitar output. My suspicion is that your guitar is hearing your vocals so let's rule that out.
      • July 5, 2017
  • MiguelPinheiro
    Contributor - Level 2
    2016-12-28

So, I'm buying the Voicelive 3 and I want to try something. I know I can pass the roomsense sound through to the headphones out. Is there a way to also pass the Monitor in sound through the headphones out?

That way I could hear the whole band coming from the mixer and add the roomsense sound onto that, right to my IEMs.
    read more...
    0 1,509
    • MiguelPinheiro
      AsleHelseth Scroll down on the headphone mixer page and rise the volume of "monitor" to the desired level?

Page 76 (88 in the vl3x manual) in the thing called a reference manual.

http://www.tc-helicon.com/en/support/manuals/?pid=13956
      • December 28, 2016
    • MiguelPinheiro
      carlo
      HI Miguel. just curious, "using roomsense" for what exactly? for harmonies?
      • January 2, 2017
    • MiguelPinheiro
      MiguelPinheiro
      No, either sending room sense to the monitor pass thru or sending the monitor signal through the earphones port
      • January 2, 2017
    • MiguelPinheiro
      carlo
      so passing the "Monitor in" to headphones is possible.

how you manage to route the "roomsense" ?
      • January 2, 2017
    • MiguelPinheiro
      MiguelPinheiro
      I was asking if it was possible, apparently it isn't.
      • January 3, 2017
  • bentstavanger
    Super Contributor - Level 1
    2017-07-16
    Hello everyone!

I am a former VoiceTone Correct user, recently switched to the VL3X. Right now, I have the Global Pitch Correct in Setup > Input set to 40% as suggested in the manual "for a transparent sound", and it sounds very much like Pitch Correction at the "noon" position on the VT Correct.

But let's say I only want pitch correction on some songs. Could I then instead turn Global Pitch Correct off and just program the presets of those songs with the Hardtune > Correct Natural setting? I tried out the setting, but it seemed a bit to aggressive. Maybe I just need to change some of the parameters to make it sound more like the Global Pitch Correct?

Another thing I'm puzzled about: Harmony > Smoothing. As I understand from some of the post I have been reading on this forum, it is a sort of pitch correction for the harmony voices. But why would the harmony voices need that? I thought they were generated digitally based on either Natural Play or MIDI, and therefore always in tune. But am I mistaken? Do the harmony voices go in and out of tune according to the intonation of the singer?

Thanks!
    read more...
    0 784
    • bentstavanger
      litesnsirens It's been a while since I played with the parameters in the hardtune block so I can't recall if there is a way to achieve what you are looking for. My suggestion would be to lower the setting a bit in the master until you are comfortable with it and leave it on. I realize you probably have a good reason for wanting to turn pitch correction on or off in the hardtune block but at the end of the day, it is a possible to achieve a transparent pitch correct in the master block and it will likely be less frustrating than going though all your patches and trying to copy all the settings you figure out in the hard tune block.

As far as the harmony smoothing, it's kind of the opposite of what you were thinking. It actually deviates the tuning of the voices slightly (depending on the setting) so that the harmonies don't sound so robotically perfect and therefore more natural. As far as the notes being generated in pitch by listening to the midi or natural play or guitar etc. In those cases the VL3 is just listening to the "3rd" of the chord to decide what the appropriate harmony is in relation to what you are singing. I don't believe it's copying the exact note from the guitar / keyboard /natural play. Now, there are some intricacies that I am not sure about but it would make sense to me that as you sing the note, it first goes through the global pitch correction and then to the harmony block. So your voice is corrected and then the harmony is generated from the corrected voice. Also a guess, but I think the smoothing, which is creating less than perfectly tuned harmonies, is doing so based on an algorithm and has nothing to do with how perfectly pitched the original note you sing is.
      • July 17, 2017
    • bentstavanger
      bentstavanger Great! Thanks for this thorough explanation!
      • July 17, 2017
    • bentstavanger
      JaySiddle Mostly as above reply, I tend to see smoothing more as a kind of eq for harmonies, as far as you where saying about pitch correction been on or of... I thought you could assign pitch correction to a button i.e. (Step etc) but could be wrong if you can't then I would suggest making two presets exactly the same next to each other say preset one and two but on one of them with pitch correction off then all you need to do is step up or down
      • July 19, 2017
    • bentstavanger
      bentstavanger

Jay Siddle;127696 wrote:

I thought you could assign pitch correction to a button i.e. (Step etc)

Yes, indeed. I need the Step switch for... steps! Guess I'll be getting the Switch-6 soon...
      • July 20, 2017
    • bentstavanger
      JaySiddle That's why i got a switch 6 , you will never look back I could do with a switch 12 though lol
      • July 28, 2017
Go to page