Statistics

261,464 members
140,189 posts
  • ArminBollig_blu
    Contributor - Level 2
    2016-06-15

Hello TC,

I use to the VL3 with two PA's.

One is a Dynacord. Powermate 600 with to passiv Loudspeakers from Dynacord.

No problems with the VL3, fantastic Sound....

The other one is from KME. A mixer with two Aktiv-Speakers.

If I play the VL3 with the same settings then before over this PA, there is a ugly High-Frequently-Noise on the Guitar-Sound.

No chance to go on stage with it. If I play with my old equipment (TC GNatural) over the same PA, ... no problems.

Only with the VL3....

I have taken the Aktiv-Speakers to the repairstore. They checked the speakers, say everything seems alright.

They say, the believe, the VL3 make the problems, i'll have to ask TC.

Did you have the answer for me?

Greetings from germany

Armin

read more...
    0 444
    • ArminBollig_blu
      TCH-Spencer
      Hey Armin,

Are you using the 1/4" or XLR input on the KME mixer? Avoid using the "CD" or "Phono" inputs on the mixer, they could mess with your signal.

Does pressing the "GRND LIFT" button on the VL3 make any difference? It's on the back of the VL3 between the headphone out and L (Mono) output XLR.
      • June 15, 2016
    • ArminBollig_blu
      ArminBollig_blu
      Hello Spencer,

thanks for that tipps...

I will try that next time when I´m with this KME-PA.... probably next weck...

(The KME had only 1/4 Input)

Is it, with the VL3, allowed to play directly in Aktive-Loudspeakers?

(I´ll tested this with other KME-Aktive-Loudspeakers (1/4 Jacks).... and there ist the same Highfrequently Noise, with both Positions of the GRND LIFT Buttom)
      • June 17, 2016
  • Ilmarirajala
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-12
    Hey, i need To know what kind of fuse does the british bite head use
    1 103
    • Ilmarirajala
      RobertBusk

If you are in a 230 Volt country, according to the manual it is a:

T 1.6 A H 250 V

for a 120V country:

T 3.15 A H 250 V

• January 12, 2020
  • BAM
    Contributor - Level 2
    2017-08-02
    Hello,

does anybody know the names of the tonrints 1, 2 and 3 the HoF 2 comes with?

Thank you.

Bernd
    0 1,977
    • BAM
      TC-Mike They are called TonePrint 1, 2,and 3 and are available as templates in the editor +

as downloadable toneprints in the app (beaming or USB transfer)
      • August 2, 2017
    • BAM
      TC-Mike Please make sure you use the latest version of the Toneprint editor 3.1.02 R502- it is available on our website and in the App store (for iOs users)
      • August 2, 2017
    • BAM
      BAM Thank you. Can't find a "TonePrint 3". Maybe it's the "TC Default Hall of Fame Toneprint (Factory TonePrint)"?
      • August 2, 2017
    • BAM
      BAM No, "TC Default Hall ..." has nothing to do with "TonePrint 3". Toneprint 3 doesn't exist.

BTW: Anyone else who hears a difference between the template TonePrint1 (Editor) and the TonePrint 1 in the library?
      • August 13, 2017
    • BAM
      pitkavirta Is it possible to make the mash button to behave as it does on the factory-default TonePrint 3? Like full mute until the Mash is pressed, to make volume swells with reverb? Default TP3 sounds a bit too shimmery for me.
      • September 20, 2017
  • Reza8179
    Contributor - Level 2
    2013-11-04
    Dear Masters,

My nova system version is v.1.2 SVN. REV.675.

Im using midiox and a midi/usb cables.

But somehow rather my pc would not recognize the nova system. I have gone thru the midi setup menu and select midi in and out ON. Still fail.

Midi chan: Omni
    prgchg.IN: ON
    prgchg.OUT: ON
    Map in: Untouch 1--> f0-1
    Map out: untouch 00-1-->1
    sysEx ID : all
    MIDI Syn : On

But still my pc unable to detect the sysex when in the midi ox.

Need help.

Thanx
    read more...
    0 1,545
  • rickrazor
    Contributor - Level 1
    2012-03-24
    why does the effect level sound louder when using distortion. with the amp distortion channel and even with my fulltone plimsoul,when i turn them on the HOF effect is more pronounced and louder than when distortion is off even though the volume levels are equally matched .
    thanks rick
    read more...
    0 880
  • MJL19
    Contributor - Level 2
    2015-01-17
    Hi guys,

I was wondering if you could help me out. I'm looking to get a G system to replace my current pedalboard and enable me to have simultaneous channel switching on the amp and fx changes.

I run an EVH 5150 iii head and have a pretty wide array of sounds and genres to cover as most of my work is playing in a wedding and function band (yeh I get some funny looks turning up with my rig!) but my own projects are more progressive based.

More than anything I just wanted some insight into how you guys find the G-system, any issues I should be aware of and whether you would recommend them or not!?

Any help would be great.

Cheers!
    read more...
    0 7,220
    • MJL19
      elvis Browse the forum. It has several years' worth of thoughts on the G System. Here is something I posted in another forum that covers it in a nutshell:

I love the G System. It is complicated to set up, but there is a lot of great support available for it. In particular there is a white paper written by Laird Williams that gives a step-by-step guide to all things G.

It also has its limitations and quirks, as does most equipment. In particular, the effects are set up in a particular order in the chain and you can only use one of each type at a time. Also, the relay switching has some delay with some amps (solvable with an Amp Gizmo), and for really high gain amps, it can be a little noisy (solvable with a quiet preamp up front like a Sunday Driver or a Spark Boost).

If you are OK with these, it is an amazing pedal. The internal effects are simply the best quality. It is reasonably flexible. In particular, it is one of very few pedals that allows individual On/Off control of effects within a preset without having to switch modes. The only other high-end unit that does this is a GCX/GCP (which is my other pedal system). It controls amp switching and up to 4 pedal effects. I have a couple of gain pedals and a couple of mod pedals in the loops. So I don't have to touch ANYTHING but the G System, and it controls everything else in my rig. I've had it for years and tried other stuff along the way (including my monster rack setup) but so far keep going back to the GS.

You will have to have a 100% series effects loop to use it (not just the G, this is true for any digital loop effects unit). You can read about this in the white paper.

YOU MUST READ THE WHITE PAPER. YOU MUST READ THE WHITE PAPER. And I don't mean skim it. Read it. YOU MUST READ THE WHITE PAPER. YOU MUST READ THE WHITE PAPER. YOU MUST...
      • January 17, 2015
    • MJL19
      victim5150 I use mine with the EVH and I love it. You will need an RJM Mini Amp Gizmo to change the channels on the amp with the G-System though.
      • January 17, 2015
    • MJL19
      MJL19 Thanks for the thoughts guys. As far as I'm aware I do not need the amp gizmo though as I have the evh 5150 iii 50w head (the newest one) which has midi control I can use for channel switching.

It's a pretty high gain amp but from what I have gathered from forum, it should be ok without the need for the spark pedal. Just out of curiosity, are you using the spark pedal to drive the front end of the amp and turning down the gain to compensate for noise?
      • January 17, 2015
    • MJL19
      victim5150 Apologies I thought you were referring to the 100 watt. I have the 50 watt as well that I use for band practice with my other red limited G-System and yes the midi works perfectly for channel switching. I use a Spark mini boost in the loop of my 100 watt amp for a volume boost. I also use an Echoplex boost in a loop of the G-System to hit the front of my 100 watter. The 100 watt doesn't have as much gain on the blue channel as the 50 watt does.
      • January 19, 2015
    • MJL19
      MJL19 Thanks victim,

I was pretty sold, but I've just looked at half the laird manual and tbh... I do not have that much patience! No effects unit should be that much hassle to level and setup, and it fills me with doubt on the reliability of when i'm changing through patches that due to not levelling or perfectly setting up a patch I'm going to have issues live - which would be a nightmare during a wedding gig!

As much as it appeals I just think it's going to be more hassle than it's worth. Tell me if I'm wrong though!?
      • January 19, 2015
  • RexMiller
    Contributor - Level 1
    2018-03-24
    Maybe I am missing something but the manual for the Perform V or VoiceSupport2 is not very clear when it comes to effects and presets and Hit and where the info is stored. Please correct me if I have it wrong or right. I understand there are 3 preloaded slots and one beamable slot each for Double, Reverb and Echo and each have four colors to select styles and levels (colors for the styles stated in the FAQ's on this website don't match what the manual states so I don't really don't know what the factory presets are to what color). I also understand that there are four beamable effects; Harmony, Hardtune, Megaphone and uMod(not shown in IOS app) that can only be loaded into a preset 1,2 or 3 . This totals 7 effects.
    Question 1. When loading an effect from Voicesupport2 software or IOS app do effects from the reverb cloud folder automatically go to the beamable slot in Reverb and a Delay folder effect go to the Echo slot and a Double folder item go to the Double beamable slot?
    Question 2. I assume the other 4 effects Harmony, Hardtune, Megaphone, and uMod only go to a Preset that has been chosen i.e. preset 1, 2 or 3. The manual states each preset can have up to 7 effects, what I want to know is how do you select up to 4 effects at one time to load into a preset. It seems a preset will only allow i single effect at a time unless you are using a pre-made genre' selected effect. Is there any way in the app or software to select multiple effects together to upload, i.e. say both the Hardtune and Harmony effects selected from the Harmony and Hardtune folders? I have only been able to select and upload one at a time, and it overwrites the other.
    Question 3. Am I correct in thinking you can load different effects in a preset (green light) vs different effects in a Hit (blue light) depending on what is selected?
    Question4. What do the tags represent in VoiceSupport2. (Manual sucks).
    Please help!
    read more...
    0 391
    • RexMiller
      TCH-Spencer Hey Rex,

I think I can help. Allow me to bomb through your questions...

"do effects from the reverb cloud folder automatically go to the beamable slot in Reverb and a Delay folder effect go to the Echo slot and a Double folder item go to the Double beamable slot?"

Yes, effects that are native to the Perform-V are sent to their respective slot. Like the FAQ shows, the last style in each effect's style list is reserved for a received style. This style appears as light blue.

"the other 4 effects Harmony, Hardtune, Megaphone, and uMod only go to a Preset that has been chosen"

Yep that's correct! Whenever you're sending a preset to Perform-V, it goes to the current preset (unless you're doing something fancy in VoiceSupport).

"The manual states each preset can have up to 7 effects, what I want to know is how do you select up to 4 effects at one time to load into a preset. It seems a preset will only allow i single effect at a time unless you are using a pre-made genre' selected effect."

Also correct, some pre-made presets will be using all 7 effects, but unfortunately you don't have the power to create these by combining single-effect presets. Realistically, the most complicated preset a user can create would have 4 effects - by using the 3 native effects with the addition of 1 beamed-over effect. Or you can use one of the pre-made presets with multiple effects and just edit it on the unit to your liking.

"Is there any way in the app or software to select multiple effects together to upload"

Unfortunately no. The idea with Perform-V was to be simple and affordable. For that kind of preset crafting you'll need something more complicated like VoiceLive Play.

"Am I correct in thinking you can load different effects in a preset (green light) vs different effects in a Hit (blue light) depending on what is selected?"

Yes, although we already kind of covered that. Effects native to the Perform-V go to their respective button. Non-native effects (Harmony, HardTune, Megaphone, and uMod) live in the preset's number button (1, 2, or 3). On that number button, blue means the effect is on, green means the effect is off. Page 24 of the manual actually covers this pretty well.

"What do the tags represent in VoiceSupport2."

Those tags are just there for you, to help with managing your presets. They're entirely optional. On a 3-preset device like Perform-V they might not seem important, but if you're using a 500-preset VoiceLive 3 then they are very handy.
      • April 3, 2018
  • RandyAlanis
    Contributor - Level 2
    2014-01-09
    1st post, ive been a "window-shopper" for tips these past 10 months, finally signed up as I just hit a wall..lol

I currently use my Ground Control Pro to control my Blackstar Series One 100 & G-Major 2.
    also in the fx loop is a DBX eq.

Today, I finally bought a TriAxis preamp

ideally...(im not 100% sure if this is possible, feasible) id like to use the blackstars power amp to power the triaxis.

at which point (for example) I would like to try & run the triaxis yellow lead channel simultaneously along with the blackstars crunch channel in some sort of a blended ratio...to give me what I would imagine would be an "UMFFF" persay...or a new wall of sound, tone.

again..im not sure how impractical this is...if its even worth or...or would it even work that way..lol

im starting to get confused again as to when ou should be running things parallel or in series or series 2 & what that means & then the kill dry I still havnt wrapped my head around just yet either haha (what is it for anyways??)

I love how my blackstar sounds, & I know how amazing the triaxis is.
    id love for the blackstar to accompany, compliment the triaxis!

So....I would have to now run the G Major 2 through the FX loop in the Tri Axis...then from there.....go to my blackstars....input?..or...

I also noticed the triaxis has stereo returns but mono input... 0.o
    im pretty lost as to how im gonna wire these things up...& where the hell the eq is gonna go to.

will both the blackstar & triaxis amps have the g major fully functional or would I now only be able to use it with 1 of them instead of with both amps at the same time?

sorry if this post is all over the place......I appreciate any, all advice!
    read more...
    0 6,287
    • RandyAlanis
      lidserter Hi, Welcome to the forum!

Using your blackstar as power amp for both triaxis and blackstar itself preamps is totally possible.

There is a book that is a very good lecture that I recommend you: "Modern Guitar Rigs - The Tone Fanatics guide to integrating Amps and Effects" by Scott Kahn. There I learned many things and new ways for guitar rigs.

First you need another raw guitar output, maybe you already got one on either your TriAxis or Blackstar. Then plug these output to the guitar input on one preamp, then your guitar directly to the other amp.

Now you need to control each preamp output level, both amps you use are midi controllable, so maybe you can assign each a CC message in your Ground Control Pro. You could even set an expression pedal to bland between both amps, one amp at heel and the other at toe...

Then plug both blackstar FX send, and triaxis FX send or A or B output, to the L/R G major 2 inputs. This way you actually processes your sound in a stereo way, differently for each channel.

Finally you connect the GM2 mono output (i believe is the left one) to the FX return on your Blakcstar.

You should hear both preamps. You may experience that using only one of the preamps would reduce overall level, since both amps are midi controllable you can solve this by increasing the preamp level as you move your exp pedal toward it.

Give it a try and tell me.

EDIT: I forget to mention about GM2 parallel, semiparallel, series or series 2 routings. Dont hesitate, those are GM2 internal parameters and doesn't impact at all in your preamp configuration. They affect only the way GM2 effects are connected between them, and how the signal travels trough them.

If you want modulated delays, then you should send the delay output to the modulation input, you may chorusize your delay, phaserize it or whatever MOD effect you want: just set the internal routing as Serial 2. Filter travels straight to compressor, then straight to pitch, then straight delay which repeats are effected by the modulation block, then reverb, all in line with the exception of the modulation which only affects delay repeats...

Serial routing just pass the signal from one effect to another as on a common pedalboard or most digital guitar processors.

Parallel routing let you effect your sound independently on each block and mix their outputs. Guitar signal is processed straight to filter, then straight to compressor, and then it gets splited between pitch, mod, delay and reverb, which all of them processes same input signal, and then the effected output is summed and then is.. output (forgive me the necessary repetition).

Semi parallel is serial between compressor and modulation, and then delay and reverb are in parallel.

Hope this clarifies it. Kill dry feature just set all MIX parameters to 100%, in order to use the GM2 with amps that use parallel fx loops, don't serial. As you control FX mix trough a knob on the amp you need your GM2 to only output the effected signal. If some dry signal still goes trough the GM2, you may experience phase cancellation with the original dry signal, which results in a thin flanger like sound, even when the effect processor is bypassed.

regards!

JJ
      • January 10, 2014
    • RandyAlanis
      lidserter I should charge for such a post! hahaha
      • January 10, 2014
    • RandyAlanis
      RandyAlanis lidserter!

as I re-read your insightful paragraph in my attempt to develop clarity I want to thank you for your time!!

it is very much appreciated! haha

controlling each amps output level, I don't intend to use an expression pedal, so ill have to do it the other way...the other way being......(to be determined by me once I figure that out) lol

so I need to determine if my blackstar uses a parallel fx loop, or which it is.

then I need to do the same with the triaxis.

because I would want the 2 of them the same right..?

is it user preference as far as to me using it in series, series 2, parallel or semi-parallel? or is there some real tone advantage..?

the triaxis arrives Tuesday! so ive a few days to try & comprehend all this glorious madness before I can start experimenting!

again thank you for letting me pick your brain!!
      • January 10, 2014
    • RandyAlanis
      lidserter very welcome! Let me reinforce "series, series 2, parallel or semi-parallel" are G Major 2 options concerning only internal effects. Also, routing selection is stored in a preset by preset basis, so if you need a modulated delay then you use Serial 2, for other preset you may want to use a parallel setup... Is a matter of taste and sound, and every one got their own one, for some applications you may find a routing working better than the other.

Then there are your preamps, that both have FX loop's in order to connect FX processors. Serial loops are better suited to the GM2, as tremolo and panner and those effect types work better there than in a parallel loop. If any of your amp have a parallel loop, surely it also got a knob (fx mix, fx level, or whatever..) that let you specify the amount of effect, just set it at max, this way you are actually working with a series loop, which is better suited for GM2.

As you correctly said both preamps should have same FX loop type, because Kill Dry parameter will affect both signals.

About preamp levels if you can assign them a midi CC message, then you just need to program your foot controller to transmit not only the Program Change message but also those CC messages with their respective 'volume' value, and store them preset by preset.

regards,

JJ
      • January 10, 2014
    • RandyAlanis
      RandyAlanis it comes in tomorrow, im thinking that I should sell my blackstar & buy the simul-class 2:90....but im undecided.

im very excited!

upon further reading I saw I could hook up the ground controls power supply into the rear of the triaxis phantom power jack & use a 7 pin to 7 pin midi cable to control/power the GC Pro as opposed to having a power cable running to it at gigs!

im sure ill post more questions in the days to come! thanks again @Lidserter for the help!!
      • January 13, 2014
  • presnizky
    Contributor - Level 2
    2014-03-31
    Hi, I'm from Argentina, and I just bought a used Gmajor2. It has firmware version 1.01, so I decided to update it. I downloaded the software from Vyzor (both the editor and the firmware updater), and when I run the firmware updater to take it to V1.02 R228, the GM2 starts receiving the code, but gets stuck with the display numbers at 212, and the Vyzor updater gets to 100%.

GM2 keeps displaying
    read more...
    0 4,330
    • presnizky
      lidserter Welcome to the forum, it seems that your post was chopped. I always do ctrl+c & ctrl+v to ensure the intergrity in case the server chop it.

Try to reset your system paramters: hold the recall button and power on the unit. Then turn the wheel on the right to select Reset sys param, finally press Recall again. Wait until completed and try the update again.

Hablo español también por si te es más sencillo.

Regards,

JJ
      • April 1, 2014
    • presnizky
      presnizky I was finally able to make it work. The midi cable was not 100% compatible. I switched it to a Midi Mate and started working fine.

Thanks!

Pablo.
      • April 8, 2014
  • RobHall
    Contributor - Level 1
    2017-11-20
    Sorry if this isn't the correct place for this post but I tried searching my issue with no luck. I am trying to program a FCB1010 midi foot controller with a Chauvet obey 40. I am able to get one scene to program but no luck with the others. I think i am programming midi notes correctly but it keeps reverting back to note "00". Scene 1. I am just wondering if anyone here has done this before that maybe able to help me out.
    read more...
    0 1,121
    • RobHall
      Michael_Lapke Hello Rob, welcome to the forum!

While I don't have any specific experience setting this up like you are asking specifically, I can still provide some resources here that might help shed some light on what you are trying to achieve.

FCB1010 - General Programming Guidance

Chauvet obey 70 DMX controller with Behringer FCB1010 MIDI Foot controller

Hope this helps!
      • November 21, 2017
    • RobHall
      Mikhael I have some programmable LED lights, a Chauvet Obey 40 controller, and a Behringer FCB1010 MIDI footpedal controller.

I can program the scenes I need on the Obey40. I can progam the FCB1010 to shoot out Note On commands to change scenes. What I CANNOT seem to do is to STOP the FCB1010 from putting out a Note Off command when I take my foot off the pedal! Either that, or get the Obey40 to ignore the Note Off command! The result is that when I step on a pedal, the Obey40 responds with the correct scene. When I take my foot off the pedal, all the lights go out! "Blackout" on the Obey40 is not being called, since the Blackout LED on the Obey40 display is not turned on, but it has the same effect.

Does anyone know what the trick is to get this to work properly?
      • April 23, 2018
Go to page