Statistics

254,994 members
132,754 posts
  • jackostrato
    Contributor - Level 1
    2014-07-30
    Hi
    I have an old, 80s era BLD pedal. The external power-in jack is getting crappy and I'd like to replace it.
    I've written to Mouser and a few other suppliers but have come up with nothing that seems to work.
    It is panel mountable, has 4 contacts, accepts a mono mini-plug 3.5mm, and the housing is square-ish and measures approx 10mm wide x 8mm deep. It's the one in the center of the picture below that says "Clff 4" and "England" on the housing (Cliff electronics hasn't responded to my query).
    Any idea of a part # or replacement part that'll fit and where to get it?

thanks

read more...
    0 1,943
  • RobertHGardner
    Contributor - Level 2
    2017-11-13
    What are the best settings for passing the guitar signal through Play Acoustic leaving it completely dry, with no effects at all?
    Thanks
    0 1,411
    • RobertHGardner
      markmcilvena Hey mate,

I think this is pretty easy. But happy for anyone else to chime in.

Just create a new user patch with a memorable number, (I gave mine 111) and hit 'Store'. And save it.

Then take a comfy seat... and go through every block of fx/body REZ/etc etc... and wind it all back or switch it off depending on the parameter options, (They are all a little different - check the manual)

Once you've set everything back to 'ZIP', hit the Store key, (twice I think) and it should be saved as a 'flat' patch. What I did then was, as I introduced new effects patches, I'd increase the numbers from 111 so you always start with a 'Blank'. You can even call it 'Blank'.

Just be aware that I think this also saves the 'Global' setting like line level in/out etc within the patch, so make sure the critical settings are still at an appropriate level... or you may be left with no sound at all.

And that's a bit too Dry.

Check the manual PDF or this forum to learn more about saving patches.

It's super easy and very flexible once you get the hang of it.

And don't forget to back it all up to your VoiceSupport2 program when ur done.

Cheers and good luck - Mark
      • November 15, 2017
    • RobertHGardner
      MartyCansler I did just as Mark suggest. However for my pick up, I had to go one step farther to get a clean sound (as my guitar would have going direct into an amp). I had to go into the guitar anti feedback page and adjust the low cut filter.
      • November 16, 2017
    • RobertHGardner
      ChrisF On VLPE, and more than likely on VLPA too, you can choose to make your guitar settings "global" on Setup page 3/6 by setting Guitar Global FX On
      • December 4, 2017
    • RobertHGardner
      RobertHGardner I'm trying to get an entirely dry signal through the Play Acoustic in order to use it with the Tonedexter pre amp. Has anybody else had any experience using the two together (Tonedexter and Play Acoustic)? So far I have not been able to get a signal that seems to be completely unaffected by the Play Acoustic settings. Seems like I am missing something. Thanks.
      • December 5, 2017
    • RobertHGardner
      MartyCansler I tried everything to get an unaffected signal. I use an A/B switch and plugged my guitar into the main switch input. From here, I took (A) direct to the mixer and took (B) into the Play Acoustic then with DI setting out to a second channel on the mixer. I toggled back and forth while I adjusted. I adjusted everything I could on the Play Acoustic to get the signals similar. I never could get them exact. I could not get an unaffected signal.. there was always some color in there.

I asked the same question on this forum many years ago. I love my pickup sound direct and I love the effects of the Play Acoustic. However I don’t like the Bodyrez but that’s only my opinion.

If you figure it out, please let me know.
      • December 5, 2017
  • PaulCard
    Contributor - Level 2
    2014-07-04

I figured some may benefit from a thread focused on sharing presets.

For electric guitar, I really like EVH's brown sound. Anyone have a good guitar preset they'd like to share?

Or perhaps others have spent a lot of time developing other sounds.....Care to share?

Thanks,

pc
    read more...
    0 464
    • PaulCard
      PaulCard
      I'm adding all of the VL3 fields to make it easier should people want to share. you can just copy/paste the labels: (btw, wondering why some of the fields in the amp block are duplicated ie, PreGn, PostGn appear twice)

AMP

Type

PreGn

PostGn

Hit Control

Lo Post

Mid Post

High Post

Lo Pre

Mid Pre

Hi Pre

Lo F Pre

Mid F Pre

Hi F Pre

Lo BW Pre

Mid BW Pre

Hi BW Pre

Mode

Amp Sag

Lo F Post

Mid F Post

Hi F Post

Lo BW Post

Mid BW Post

Hi BW Post

Spkr Gain

Spkr FC

Spkr BW

LoCut FC

Global

DRIVE

Style

PreGn

PostGn

Hit Control

Global

DELAY

Type

Feedback

Level

Hit Control

Source

Tempo

Filter Style

Ducking

Div L

Delay L

Div R

Delay R

Mod Depth

Mod Speed

Duck Thres

Duck Amt

Duck Time

Feedback L

XFE L to R

Feedback R

XFE R to L

Lo Cut

Hi Cut

Width

Trails

Global

REVERB

Type

Decay

Level

Hit Control

Early Rflct

Tail Lvel

Predelay

Ducking

Lo Color

Hi Color

Hi Factor

Diffuse

Modspeed

Moddepth

Duck Thres

Duck Amt

Duck Time

Width

Global

COMP

Type

Thresh

Ratio

Hit Control

Attack

Release

Makeup Gain

Global

WAH

Type

Resonance

Level

Hit Control

Type

Hi Cut

Pedal Min

Pedal Max

Order

Global

uMOD

Type

Level

Hit Control

Speed

Detune

Depth

Dry Gain

Width

Phase

Wave

Inv Phase

Delay Left

Delay Right

Low Cut

Hi Cut

Feedback L

Feedback R

XFE L

XFE R

Global

OCTAVER

Type

Shift

Mix

Hit Control

Global

RHYTHMIC

Type

Division

Depth

Hit Control

Target

Waveform

Global

BUTTONMAP

uMod

Mode

Parm1

Parm2

Delay

Mode

Parm1

Parm2

Reverb

Mode

Parm1

Parm2

Hit

Mode

Parm1

Parm2

Comp

Mode

Parm1

Parm2

Drive

Mode

Parm1

Parm2

Global

EXP PEDAL

Exp Pedal

Min Pos

Max Pos

Global

PRESET

Trim Lvl

Gtr Pan

• July 5, 2014
    • PaulCard
      DavidLatimer-Fi
      Hi Paul. I don't have any particularly tasty preset candy to share at this point. But I just want to thank you for taking the time to compile and post the guitar preset template (above); and likewise thank you for your helpful questions and responses in several other threads.

David

• July 5, 2014
    • PaulCard
      PaulCard
      Your welcome David! I figure if I have a question, there's likely others that have the same questions.
      • July 6, 2014
    • PaulCard
      The3Nuges
      Yeah, that goes for me too. Thanks. I am also looking for a tone, similar to what you hear on Joe Bonamassa's live version of the song Sloe Gin, or Peter Frampton's live version of Do You Feel Like We Do?.

It'll be difficult to plug in all these values, but the good news is that someone out there (can't rmember who) is working on a PC program that lets you tweak each indiviidual variable, save profiles, and swap them as individual files, which will make all of this infinitely easier.

I read in one of these threads that's they're getting close to a first release. In the meantime, thanks again.
      • July 6, 2014
    • PaulCard
      Dave18623
      So things to keep in mind,,,

There is a factor in getting tone that the VL3 simply can't recreate. The Guitar itself and then of course the hands of the player. If your looking for Peter Framptons Tone, Recreating his Marshall Amp is the Easy Part. Matching his tweaked Les Paul Custom, not so easy unless you've got a nice Les Paul Custom to start with or better yet his signature guitar. A Variax will help get you closer too. Then of course you need to play Like him to sound like him. Another factor with Peters tone is that while the VL3's talkbox is nice, Its a far cry from the real deal. Peter uses his own Framptone talkbox and that signal is split out into its own Amp. Its been shown that Peter uses 3 different Marshall's to get his tone live. I'm not saying forget it you'll never get close because the fact is you can get close and the audience can't tell the difference like we musicians can.

In my years of gigging with cover bands I've come to this conclusion. Rather than chasing every bands tone I'm trying to cover, all I really need is 4 basic sounds. Acoustic, Clean/ Funk, Crunch and Full out Distortion ala 80's Metal. With those 4 sounds I can cover anything and the drunks in the bar, they don't care as long as I'm playing their favorite song. I play a Yamaha Ty Tabor signature Guitar. this guitar has a Duncan JB in the Bridge and 2 Vintage Rails, It gives me a nice rounded Les Paul type of tone but It also has a tap so I can go to single coils for that Strat tone when needed. the Guitar works great in a cover situation where I need to get a wide variety of tones. Combine that With a Modeler like the VL3 and you've got a really gig friendly rig.

Now on the other hand If you're doing a Tribute, You better nail the tone. I'm Doing a RUSH tribute in August. HOWEVER this is a one time deal so I'm using the VL3 and truth is....its close enough (i'm quite pleased with what I'm squeezing out of it). I'f I was dong it seriously, I'd be using Alex's Signature Les Paul and the AXEFX Ultra II. Why the modeler and not a Hughes and Kettner Lifeson Signature Model? Because Alex didn't always use the H&K, The modeler gives me the flexibility to accurately recreate his tone from specific eras and he now uses it for effects processing as well.

I need to work up a Frampton tone as well. I'll be happy to share what I come up with. Just keep in mind I tweak that for my guitar and my playing style. So what sounds like Frampton to me, may not to you.
      • July 7, 2014
  • Microwave
    Contributor - Level 2
    2014-10-20
    The last Flashback X4 firmware update was in January 2013. Since then, there have been many requests.
    Adding "warble" when changing the delay time would be an indispensable feature. It was, imho, an oversight not to include it in the first place as its an integral part of the sound of many delay units and all rival products have it.
    The possibility of saving expression pedals settings in the editor would be very useful.
    Better management of the tap tempo function has also been requested by many.
    I love the Flashback X4's great sound, massive headroom and low noise but a firmware update adding these new features is well overdue.
    Please TC, don't make us feel abandoned!
    read more...
    0 2,108
    • Microwave
      Microwave Well, after three years of zero firmware updates and not a single user request met, I sold my Flashback X4 and bought something that does everything I need and is regularly updated by a very proactive and responsive company.

Au revoir...
      • May 2, 2016
  • SteveShiver
    Contributor - Level 2
    2014-11-01

I'm putting a lot of thought into which switch should be Tap Tempo (my preference is to keep my heal on the floor). I use the TT heavily ... I want the blink of the tempo constantly displayed. If I dedicate a switch to TT the light blinks but I loose the function of that switch. Soooooo, if I keep the TT on the Delay switch, is there anyway to show the TT light constantly without giving up a switch?

(doesn't look like it, but I thought I'd ask)
    read more...
    0 142
    • SteveShiver
      CraigFraser
      Hi Steve,

No that's not possible. We experimented with always showing the tap tempo on the Delay button, but it was more hated than loved by the folks who tried it.

You can reassign tap tempo to the STEP button, which shows it all the time and puts it on the lower row for heel down access.

Cheers,

Craig
      • November 3, 2014
  • marioleon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-27

Hello everybody, nice to start this topic, it's about a Behringer X V-amp lx1-x, well i have one and it isn't working anymore, the only thing i got now is a "E2" message displayed, but nothing happened when i restarted or shut off.

I'm asking what is this about, i red the manualsbutboting about troubleshooting, is there anyone that can help me to solve this?

Thanks to you all, greetings from Peru

read more...
    0 33
  • New
    zukulele
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-12

TC elecronics Ditti X2 & Blackstar Fly 3 AMP.

NO looping is taking place.

I have the patch cord guitar jacks plugged into the input jacks of the DITTO X2.

I have the the output jacks from the DITTO X2 plugged into the Blackstar AMP.

I have recorded a loop by pressing the loop buttom.

All I am getting is rebfurb.

Art

read more...
    0 33
  • New
    thepup
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-11

I'd like to plug my bass into my amp and run its xlr out into the mixer.  Then I'd like to play music on my laptop and send it into the mixer via the RCA jacks so I can play along and listen with headphones plugged into the mixer. Finally I'd like to send this combination through the mixer usb to my laptop for recording.  Can I do this with the q502usb?  

Signed,

A Mixer Newbie

read more...
    0 52
    • thepup
      RexBeckett Hi thepup, the Q502USB should be OK for this but connect the laptop playback to the Line In 2/3 inputs rather than the 2-Track ones. When the 2-Track inputs are switched to the Main mix, the USB record output is muted - to prevent possible feedback.
      • Jan 11
      • Need Q502usb info before purchase
        thepup Good to know, Rex--thanks. I only chose the RCA route since I already have a single 3.5mm plug split to two RCA plugs cord laying around (cumbersome description, I know). Guess I'd have to by a 3.5 mm-to-double-quarter-inch-jack cord (cumbersome description again). Also, how did you know about the usb muting? Is it in the documentation or did you learn it by trial and error?
        • Jan 11
        RexBeckett Yes a 3.5mm to dual 1/4" stereo splitter cable will do what you want.

The USB muting feature is common to most of Behringer's small analogue mixers. It is mentioned in the manuals but people often miss it.
        • ·
        • Jan 12
        thepup Now have the mixer and all necessary cables/adapters. Going to try it all out today. Thank you for your help!
        • Jan 24
  • williem
    Contributor - Level 1
    2017-02-07
    hi Guys, ok my problem is that using the G system in 4 cable mode the vol drop to almost nothing from the amp. The insert lock is on and if I remove the send from the effects loop on the amp I get vol but no effect, any thoughts?
    williem
    0 1,322
    • williem
      Laird_Williams Is the insert LOOP on too? If you set the deadbolt with the door open then it won't close. If you set the deadbold with the door closed then it won't open. That's what locks to. Did you lock the insert loop into the correct position or did you lock it into the bypassed position?

If BOTH the insert loop AND the insert lock are ON, then double-check your signal levels.

- Output level should be set at full volume.

- VOLUME should be set at full volume

- Your loop headroom should start at 2dB.

- Your amp send or (if no amp send) master level should be cranked all the way up

If all of this checks out - double-check your cabling. Do you have any bad plugs or connectors?

If all of that checks out - then we need to look at other things - but start here.
      • February 7, 2017
    • williem
      elvis Space aliens!! You need to put on your foil hat...
      • February 7, 2017
  • New
    Robbo6466
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-02-28

Hi i have a TCHELICON Acoustic play and a Boss RC300 also a octave foot pedal and everything is going to a Fame SM-80A amp. What is the best set up as i'm new to looping.

Many thanks

Col

0 56
Go to page