Statistics

261,407 members
140,127 posts
  • guitar_gazza
    Contributor - Level 2
    2017-03-06
    Hi all,

I am using a G Force in the effects loop of a Mesa/Boogie Triaxis. All is going fine but I have never used Compressors.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to get the best out of the G Force compressors?

I want to use compression on clean and lead sounds.

I did get the compressor working but not happy with the sound, not sure how to set the various parameters.

I'm a pro player and I've been around for quite a while but never really used compression before.

Set up:
    Tom Anderson Grand Am > Triaxis > Triaxis FX loop send > G Force Input > G Force Output > Triaxis FX loop Return > Triaxis Output > Power Amp Input.

Any help and / or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Regards, Gaz
    read more...
    0 1,942
  • chilihead
    Contributor - Level 1
    2013-11-26
    Hi

Maybe a pretty stupid question.
    Is this cool iphone app also working with the TC BH500 bass amp?

Cheers
    0 1,469
    • chilihead
      Morten Hi chillihead,

I'm sorry to say that it doesn't work on the BH500.

The BH500 was developed before the Toneprint concept, So it's a different platform.

Cheers

Morten
      • December 1, 2013
  • behmdk
    Contributor - Level 1
    2017-03-24
    I'm experiencing noise that starts at random times with my Vortex Mini when bypassed. As soon as I turn the pedal on, the noise goes away. When I turn the pedal off, the noise is still gone. The noise will come back unexpectedly minutes later while bypassed.

I have this pedal in front of the amp, powered by a Pedal Power Plus 2, and I've tried multiple patch cables.

Has anyone experienced something similar before?
    read more...
    0 488
  • SimonBeck
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-12-16
    Is it my imagination, or has the 2.0.0 update changed the key assignment in Paraphonic mode? I am sure that Osc1 used to be low-note priority and Osc2 was high-note. Both are now last-note priority, which makes it both less predictable and less musically usable. Any thoughts?
    read more...
    0 183
  • jkasthuri
    Contributor - Level 1
    2012-12-17
    Hi all, I just bought myself a Nova System. About a week ago when finalizing my decision to buy, I was able to go to www.tcelectronic.com/novasystempresets.asp and it appeared that the artist presets could be downloaded from there. Now trying to go to that page redirects me to www.tcelectronic.com/nova-system/support/; and I can't seem to find the download location. Is this no longer available? Please help! Thanks in advance.
    read more...
    0 4,796
    • jkasthuri
      BabaSlim You've got mail...
      • December 17, 2012
    • jkasthuri
      Tolyn Could you send it to me also

Thanks

torben
      • December 19, 2012
    • jkasthuri
      cowinds Can you send me the MAC downloads. Thanks
      • December 19, 2012
    • jkasthuri
      lifele55 Perhaps those seeking the LTD presets should raise a ticket to TC. They might have left it out when they changed to the new website..
      • December 19, 2012
    • jkasthuri
      CatchDude Ah, bugger. So I have been waiting for the midi interface I've ordered, for the sole purpose of installing the LTD presets, for 3 weeks and it arrived today. And now, these presets are no longer available.

I've contacted the TC helpdesk and raised a ticket, but I was really looking forward to spending the weekend fiddling with the new settings. Any chance someone with the presets can make them available?

Thanks!
      • December 20, 2012
  • effects-monkey
    Contributor - Level 1
    2013-02-27
    ...and I have been on the fence about it, an m9 or an m13 for a while now. I lean towards the TC stuff because the sound quality is so great, but does this low price mean that there could be a new version coming out soon? Cough, tone print, cough.

Any rumours or insights appreciated.

EM.
    read more...
    0 2,063
    • effects-monkey
      lifele55 Its been $349 when I got mine... and that's close to 3 years back.

If its a sign that something new was coming out, heck that took a long while..
      • February 27, 2013
    • effects-monkey
      mptrin Test out both units and compare. I personally went to the music store with cash in my pocket to by an M13 and when I tried it, it sounded cheap and way over processed. I tried out the NS and it is much warmer allowing the sound of your amp to work with it (much higher quality delays, reverbs, etc.-
      • February 27, 2013
    • effects-monkey
      Faraldi ^ yep, agreed. I've had the M13, the M9 and the NS. I actually had the M13 twice.

The NS is in a different class. Not as many gadgets but I prefer that because it forces me to play and not tweak.
      • March 10, 2013
  • Dancingfool1979
    Contributor - Level 2
    2015-01-03
    Anyone have tips to setup play acoustic with the mix and setup settings to obtain optimum sound, for those of us without sound background? Don't want to clip either vocally or guitar-ly. What settings are most important to concentrate on and have most impact, like guitar input vs guitar gain for instance?

I am running thru fx150. Mp75 mic.
    read more...
    0 3,382
    • Dancingfool1979
      CraigFraser
      Hi Dancingfool1979,

Take a look at this Craig's Corner on Gain Staging. It'll help you get the signal path correct in terms of levels between the devices (think of the FX150 as the Mixer in this case).

After that, it's personal taste in terms of EQ settings and such, but a lot of folks like BodyRez 1 and one of the Hall of Fame verbs.

Cheers,

Craig
      • January 5, 2015
    • Dancingfool1979
      Dancingfool1979
      thanks Craig. watched your video and the mic is working fine. However, my guitar keeps clipping no matter what I try...any advice to set the input, gain, & guitar mix so it wont clip and in what order? It doesnt clip always, just when I strum a Em or G chord sometimes.It is not coming thru overly bassy in the PA system however.
      • January 6, 2015
    • Dancingfool1979
      simplyrod
      You probably already know this, but remember to check guitar settings both in the Setup and Mix levels.
      • January 7, 2015
    • Dancingfool1979
      Dancingfool1979
      yes, did try to adjust both setup and mix but am struggling to find the right balance. I now feel like i lost the bodyrez sound but dont know what i did and how to get it back as is still off of bodyrez 1. Finally got it to not clip.
      • January 8, 2015
    • Dancingfool1979
      mikekavo
      I too am perplexed with regards to consistent vocal levels. Lets presume that I wish to use 10 preprogrammed factory preset harmonies in a show and I am starting off with 'Running Down a Dream'. While singing the verse and without the 'hit' harmony engaged the default effect is none or DRY, so then I go in and change the controls on whichever effects I wish, to 'ON' and then tweak them to my liking, save and store it. Then I move onto the next song/preset with the same scenario. My question is: While using factory preset harmonies, if I want something other than dry vocals during the verse, then am I supposed to go in and change the desired effects on every preset I use? And then wouldn't my vocal levels (during the verse's) for all of those personalized preset song's naturally then be at different levels, or am I missing something? And if that is the case then how could I ever begin to keep all of those levels the same while standing, scrolling and performing thru a floor pedal whose volume is not easy to adjust while running straight into PA speakers? (not a board) Thanks
      • January 14, 2015
  • RonAndrey
    Contributor - Level 1
    2017-06-19
    Hey.
    I purchased Perform VK. I see the shortcomings of this device.
    1. Power supply - a new type - gives an audible background in the headphones. It disappears if you touch the metal parts. I connected the power supply from VLTouch2 and VL3 - the background was gone.
    2. Installed the latest firmware 1.2.0.0 b130. When the brightness of the backlight decreases, parasitic sounds appear in the output signal (it hums and hums as a guide from the driver). Not strongly, but clearly heard.
    3. After automatically adjusting the microphone gain, you can make manual gain adjustment. Set for example 10% on a scale. But if you press the SET button, sometimes a sharp increase in the sensitivity of the microphone occurs. Up to 50 - 80% on a scale. There may be feedback. Why do not you do a completely manual setup?
    4. There is not enough brightness when using TONE. In comparison with VL3 - 40% SHAPE. I want to have it as in VL3 by 70-80%.
    Microphones use MP75 and MP76.
    read more...
    0 1,375
  • woxyo
    Contributor - Level 1
    2018-02-06
    hello, i´ve beamed to quintessence a toneprint from mobile app and i did it to slot nr3 ... and lost harmonic delay... i can not also connect it with toneprint editor, as it was discussed here before - didn´t find the 1515 version.. any suggestion? buying a new one isn´t a good idea..
    maybe reset to default settings just to get back harmonic delay ?
    thanks for help
    read more...
    0 664
    • woxyo
      TC-Mike Hi Woxyo,

the default Toneprint 3 of the Quintessence is available as a template in the TP editor (TP3) and you can just store the Tp on any Tp slot of your pedal.

Due to an issue with our website the latest version of TP editor is currently not available in the download section, so here is a dropbox link instead:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wkr07p8ce8wxotb/TonePrint-3.1.03.1526.zip?dl=0

cheers, Mike
      • February 7, 2018
    • woxyo
      woxyo thanks!
      • February 8, 2018
    • woxyo
      zeena81 Hi, I have the exact same issue with my Quintessence. Can you please provide a Macbook-compatible version of the latest Toneprint software too?

Thanks
      • February 11, 2018
  • afiordal
    Contributor - Level 2
    2015-01-17
    Hello all,

Some of you have reported an error message at the end of the installation procedure and observed -like me- that when the unit is switched on after (that faulty) firmware re-installation, the unit display was ok (indicating e.g. unit version= 4.05 R1781): so we didn't care... But I think that this can be the source of some of our "strange" problems: a faulty firmware installation.

I have observed that disconnecting the CAT5 cable when I did re-install the firmware allowed me to correctly install it: no more error at the end of the procedure. Those of you -like me- running the unit based on a faulty firmware re-installation and experimenting "strange" behaviours should try to re-install the firmware without CAT5. Hope this will help.
    read more...
    0 618
Go to page