Statistics

293,459 members
176,452 posts
  • New
    JohnPenk
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-01-27

Hi, I've owned the UMC404HD for sometime now. The issue is, is that when adding a powered sub the output of the sub is very low even at full volume. The monitors are fine and can get loud. I thought it was the sub, but after trying two different powered studio subs, one being a JBL LSR10S at 200 watts and the other being a Behringer B2092A at 360 watts, I'm getting the same results. The JBL I can hardly hear, the Behringer I can hear but it's still not putting out enough volume to mix correctly. 
    Is this a know issue with this interface? 

Wiring: I’m going from the interface out of the left and right mains output to the sub in left/right with XLR cables. Then from the sub outs left/right to the monitors with XLR cables.

Monitors can get loud and working properly. I even tried turning the monitors to full and had no effect on the sub output.

Thank you for any help on this matter 

read more...
    0 113
    • JohnPenk
      RexBeckett Hi John, the UMC404HD does have a low maximum output level. Its +3dBu (1 Volt in old money). Most subs don't have enough gain to give full output from a signal that low. I can only suggest adding in a level converter to boost the output.

You could use an ART CleanBox Pro which would give you balanced outputs of 21dBu which should drive most subs fully.
      • January 27, 2021
      • UMC404HD with subwoofer  low output of sub?
        JohnPenk Excellent thank you. The clean box has +21dBu, so for $79 it might be the way to go too. Not sure how I should go with this? What’s your opinion Rex?
        • January 28, 2021
        RexBeckett It depends on whether the Presonus unit would be a benefit to how you work. It has more I/O options and better meters but, personally, I would miss the monitor mixer that makes the UMC404HD good for overdubbing.

IMHO A level converter like the CleanBox Pro is a useful tool to have around anyway. They have solved many problems for me over the years. So I would get one to boost the UMC404HD outputs. If you change your interface at some point in the future, the CleanBox could still be useful.
        • January 28, 2021
        JohnPenk Ok, thank you. A lot to think about ?
        • January 28, 2021
  • rogerdann
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-22

New XR18, Mac Mini, Logic Pro X, Faderport 16. I would like to use the XR 18 as an interface for Logic and the Faderport as a controller for the XR18. The only connection I can make to the XR18 is on Access point, I've looked at a gazzilian YouTube videos on connecting to the XR18 and still no success connecting with my local wifi or directly with ethernet - any suggestions?

read more...
    0 60
  • New
    MrBobP01
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-14

I purchased a Behringer UMC202HD about 2 years ago and have yet to actually record anything.  I am trying to get this working with a Windows-10 (fully updated) Dell laptop with an i5 processor and 4 GB of RAM, using the Traxion DAW software that was provided with the interface.  Unfortunately, the software was developed for Windows-7 and I cannot seem to get it to work properly.  I finally got it to bring mic or guitar input to the monitor speakers or headset, but it will not record on a track.  Adding to the problem, I have NO inexperience with recording tracks and every learning video I have seen assumes the viewer knows at least *something* coming in.  Are there any resources out there that can get me on a path to making simple multitrack recordings?  I have recently purchased a new laptop and plan to start "fresh" with it, since the Dell is not cooperating.  Perhaps a simpler DAW software package?  Any and all responses greatly appreciated.  Also, to simplify responses, I have extensive experience with computers, as a helpdesk tech, as well as a network administrator, so responders can approach that side of the question assuming that I am familiar with the equipment and terminology.

read more...
    0 49
    • MrBobP01
      RexBeckett Hello Clive. See if these notes are any help in getting the UMC202HD working: https://community.musictribe.com/discussions/77059/295372/testing-umc-404hd-with-windows-10-64bit

Watch out for Windows Mic Privacy settings. These affect all audio inputs - not just microphones.

You might find it easier to try recording with Audacity. It is not a fully featured multitrack DAW but it's free and easy to use. If you want more flexibility, Reaper works well and can be tested, free, for 60 days.
      • November 14, 2020
      • Trying to get started
        MrBobP01 Hi Rex, thanks for all of this info. My new laptop comes pre-loaded with Win-10, working in "S-mode", which can only accept apps or software from the Microsoft Store. They have something in a free app that may or may not work. If it doesn't, I can take it out of that mode in order to get software from other sources.
        • November 14, 2020
  • whatsleft
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-22

pic of serial number ans date code on ultrafex ii model 3100 (new old stock

0 139
    • whatsleft
      john0121 Hi whatsleft, sorry for the frustration your having with the registration. Can you let me know what case this relates to please?
      • August 24, 2020
      • here's the stinking picture you behringer people wanted about my warranty registration
        Phoebetay Hi John, I have been trying to register my mixer online for the whole night. Not sure if that has gone through as I done it over and over again, it didn’t indicate whether the registration is successful. Can you pls help me to check?
        • February 27, 2021
      • here's the stinking picture you behringer people wanted about my warranty registration
        john0121 Sure, I'll drop you a message.
        • February 28, 2021
  • New
    NateBuker
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-26

I've had a Ditto x4 for about 9 months and it's worked fine but I recently rearranged my pedalboard and my Ditto x4's indicator LEDs now show steady green on power up and the unit is unresponsive. I've tried making sure the SD card is seated properly and have attempted a firmware update however the Ditto wouldn't connect. Interestingly when restarting with the loop switch 1 depressed, loop 1's light goes off and the rest glow red/green simultaniously -- steadily and the unit is still unresponsive.

Looking for qualified input before I try and re-image the internal SD card.

read more...
    0 139
    • NateBuker
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi NateBuker, If you have not yet done so I would first recommend checking out the following Knowledge Base Article.:
      https://community.musictribe.com/pages/kba?articleId=d93e4b65-37a0-ea11-a812-000d3a085914&brand=TC%20Electronic

If upon review it does not help with your issue please submit a technical support ticket, this can be done by going to support at the top of this page or alternatively following the below link:

https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=Technical%20Support
      • August 27, 2021
    • NateBuker
      NateBuker

• August 28, 2021
    • NateBuker
      NateBuker

I did see that article. I tried boot mode but it wouldn't go into it correctly. Eventually I tried to re-image the disc but that didn't work out either. I have a support ticket running. Thanks for responding!

• August 28, 2021
    • NateBuker
      Johnnyfunk I had a similar problem with lights being all orange and the unit being unresponsive. I followed the reboot steps and got to the lights being all green but the unit still being unresponsive. However, after cycling power the lights would again be all orange. After putting the unit in reboot mode, I tried a firmware update using a Mac laptop and the Mac firmware version 1.3.0.0, but the installer failed to even open. (It was looking for a file, QA testing?). I then used a Windows laptop with the Windows firmware 1.3.0.0 and SUCCESS! The unit's lights all turned off and I was able to add loops.
      • November 11, 2021
  • trueSpacer
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-06
    Manual mention that RD8 settings Last saved song , last saved pattern loaded into sequencer will be loaded on reboot /restart , Has this been implemented yet , or is there some scret way to initialize it , my RD8 always seems to open on song1 even though I was working in slot 9 and saving song and patterns there before shutting down, any one else see this or does their machines behave in this manner.
    read more...
    0 60
    • trueSpacer
      JoeRivers96 Hi trueSpacer - i have just tested on our unit here and by default it shows Song 1 - Pattern 1. I believe this is expected behaviour of the unit, however i will look into this further with regards to what the manual says about pattern recall.
      • July 16, 2020
      • RD8 settings  Last saved song , last saved pattern
        trueSpacer ok thanks for looking
        • July 16, 2020
  • New
    MickeyDodds
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-14

I purchased a Behringer ULG10 AIRPLAY wireless guitar system in April of 2020 and the transmitter seems to have stopped working. Is there anything you can do to help me? Thank you Mickey Dodds 

1 80
    • MickeyDodds
      RexBeckett Hi Michael, I suggest that you open a Care ticket for this. At the top of this page, click Support and then select Service. Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit. The Care team will respond by email.
      • November 14, 2020
    • MickeyDodds
      gregoryerba Useless. I bought a defective Turbosound IP3000 and it took over a month and multiple contacts, emails, video sent for Musictribe to give me a warranty repair order, and they made me take it to a place with a two-month backlog. Musictribe has HORRIBLE warranty service.
      • November 15, 2020
      • Behringer ULG10
        john0121 Hi Gregory, sorry you had a bad experience when it came to your service repair. Is this resolved now or is there anything you still need me to look into for you?
        • November 15, 2020
  • New
    Ngchoeyam
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-04

Just got a Harmony G XT unit, plugged in the mic (dynamic) in. power on, try to adjust the knob clorkwise from left to right and it didn't pick up any signal until about 4 oclock, No Green LED, Orage or REd at all.

Any advice?

Thanks,

read more...
    0 13
  • New
    Dkoky
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-03

Can anyone please confirm if i can connect a Xynyx 802 directly to a Eurolive B213D?

1 16
    • Dkoky
      Nigel67 Hi Dkoky. I am sorry, but I do not recognise the Eurolive B213D (could one of the numbers be wrong?), but as long as the speaker is active, i.e contains an amplifier, then you will be able to connect the Xenyx 802 to it. The Xenyx does not have a built in amplifier.
      • Jan 3
  • New
    GMitch111
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-29

Hi there,

I wanted to ask about the capabilities of a Xenyx802 in case it can suit my purposes- I own one for mixing but maybe it can do this too! I'm still learning so bear with me.

I am wanting to put two different mics (dynamic and condenser) micing vox and sax respectively through my guitar pedals, and to my amp. I'm also wanting to be able to switch between which one is actively being affected by my pedals.

I'm wondering if the Xenyx802 could work as a reamp for the mics? And then run out from it and into the pedals? I'm guessing all of the outs from the Xenyx are line, and will thus need adjusting somehow to be appropriate for guitar pedals (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm new to this).

I'm not sure about the switching capability either, but I figure I can just turn the mic I'm not using down as I switch to the other, and vice versa.

Any advice would be super helpful!

read more...
    0 43
    • GMitch111
      RexBeckett Hi G Mitchell, yes you could use the Xenyx 802 to do this - with some provisos. As you suspect, the mixer outputs are all at line level. Turning down the output faders is not a good solution as it would probably be too noisy. A better solution is to use some inline attenuators. These are usually in XLR form but TRS versions are available.

For example: https://naiant.com/studio-electronics-products/inline-devices/vpd-variable-inline-attenuator/

You could switch between the mics by using the channel Level controls. Another way, that preserves the level settings, is to use the Pan controls. If you take the output from Main Out R, a channel panned all the way to the left will be silent while one panned to 0 or the right will be active.
      • November 29, 2020
Go to page