Statistics

305,335 members
189,617 posts
  • ChrisHayward
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-07-04
    Hi Everyone,

Very pleased with my purchase today and ive read alot on this forum which is all great.

I have read about the XR12 not having midi control through the USB and expected these options greyed out on the app but usb midi tx rx etc was selectable. Does this mean it now does or not?

I only want to control fx mutes with a foot switch and USB ones are much cheaper than din ones.

I will probably use an ild iphone 5 with FMP app on it if not but with 2 ipads onstage already i dont really want an iphone too.

Great forum.

Thanks,

Chris
    read more...
    0 619
    • ChrisHayward
      RexBeckett The XR12 doesn't support Midi over USB, Chris. If you run XAir Edit without connecting to a mixer, it may show options that some models don't support.

Mixing Station XAir (for Android) supports USB Midi controllers. The app can be configured to associate Midi messages with most mixer controls.

If you look at the X-Air 3rd-Party Resources board you will see some suggestions for DIY Midi controllers.
      • July 4, 2018
    • ChrisHayward
      ChrisHayward Thanks Rex.

Yeah i saw those and look interesting but i was connected to the unit and both the Mac app and the ipad app could toggle the usb midi controls on the unit. RX TX and OSC.

Chris
      • July 4, 2018
    • ChrisHayward
      RichardYClark AFAIAA USB MIDI functions only work with the XR18 in order to support DAW automation. when using the XR 18's USB audio out connection. This is a type B USB port which will only work as a client to a PC's USB type A USB server. The USB connector on an XR 12/16 is a type A server port to support stereo recording to an external USB stick, nothing else I'm afraid.
      • July 4, 2018
    • ChrisHayward
      ChrisHayward Thanks Guys.

Ive been reading the threads on the 3 rd party mod and pedals, all very interesting. Maybe another approach, could i connect bluetooth pedals to my ipad and have them mute / unmute from there?

Ive got an old iphone 5 that i may put the FMP app on but with 2 ipads and an iphone its abit over kill. Im supprised Berhinger hasn't realsed a footpedal for it.

Used the XR12 for the first time last night with our duo and it went great for first time...need to play a little more with it now.

Thanks,

Chris
      • July 8, 2018
  • StuartBennett
    Contributor - Level 1
    2017-09-08
    I see in the updated X32 Edit that there is an option to use X Touch to control the software, I would be very interested to know if there were any plans to do the same in the X Air Edit app.

Not having tried it yet as my X Touch is in the post, does the X32 Edit screen change to show what is being done on the X Touch or do you have to change screen manually ?
    read more...
    0 635
  • FinnurBjarnason
    Contributor - Level 2
    2014-03-09
    Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie and so apologise if this is either blindingly obvious or has already been covered elsewhere.

I'm having a lot of fun sending logic projects that I recorded using my old interface into the X32 and mixing them there. What I don't know how to 'bounce' the mix, or get the stereo master back into Logic. I'm saving every mix as a scene, so nothing has been lost as a result of my ignorance, but I'm stumped.

I watched the Webinar on using the X32 with Logic and this explains how to rout the individual channels from Logic to the X32 but stops short of telling you how to get them back as a stereo mix.

I'd appreciate any tips
    read more...
    0 1,666
    • FinnurBjarnason
      DougAlexander I do not use Logic, and I am not a "professional" a but here is my suggestion (guess ) that might help you find best solution:

1] In Logic software, you create the two tracks you will use to bounce your OTB mix created on X32.

2] In Logic software, on the inputs to those two "bounce tracks", pick any two X32 Card outputs (left/right). (For this example, choose card output 31/32 as the input to the two bounce tracks)

3] On X32 unit, go to the "Routing/analog out" screen and verify your Output 7 & Output 8 are set to Main L & Main R (note: this is default setting).

4] On X32 unit, go to the "Routing/card out" screen and in the "Expansion Card Output 25-32" column, select Out 1-8.

Now I believe your Main L/R mix will be recordable on the Logic bounce tracks.

Signal flow being:

X32 Main L/R --> X32 Analog Output 7/8 --> X32 Card Out 31/32 --> two (L/R) "Bounce tracks" (L/R Mix) in Logic

KEEP ALL LEVELS AND MONITOR VOLUMES WAY DOWN WHILE CHANGING ROUTING ON X32 AND CHANGING INPUT/OUTPUT SETTINGS IN THE DAW (LOGIC), BECAUSE THERE IS ALWAYS THE POSSIBILITY OF CREATING A FEEDBACK LOOP!
      • March 9, 2014
    • FinnurBjarnason
      FinnurBjarnason Thank you very much, Doug - that worked nicely, after various bumps and bruises. If only there was a 'routing' button on my brain!
      • March 9, 2014
  • TCH-Spencer
    Triber Alumni
    2017-12-15
    Hi folks,
    I'm here to pass on an announcement from our mobile team. We have made the choice to discontinue app support for the Voice Cross Trainer app, as opposed to simply letting it die due to unsupported iOS updates. It's been taken down from the App Store and is no longer available for use.

"The Voice Cross Trainer app has seen some decent success over its 3 year period of being on the App Store, and we would like to thank all of our customers who benefited from it over the years. As is with any Mobile App we have decided to discontinue it as we continue to streamline our mobile app offerings and focus our resources on the most active apps as demonstrated by downloads, activity, and feedback from our customer base. Subsequently, we look forward to continuing to work with you , our customer, to build really exciting and useful mobile apps, and to include the features that you are looking for the most. Lastly, we welcome any and all input and conversations that you are willing to have with us to help shape these apps and our future, so please reach out and connect with us - we look forward to hearing from you.”
    read more...
    0 2,655
  • New
    HazelMears
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-09-04

Hi, we use the XR18 connected into our Macbook Air for our livestream (into OBS) however the Mac has stopped recognising the XR18 as a sound input. Its listed as a device but doesn't show as active.

I've changed cables, even tried it on a different Macbook which didn't even detect it as being there. We're currently on 1.18 for the firmware, could this be the issue?

Has anyone else had this issue and/or does anywhere know where I can get the earlier firmware versions from? I have seen in other forums that the mac os stopped recognising the XR18 but they got it going using an earlier firmware. I'd rather not downgrade it but if that would get it working again I'll do it! Thanks.

read more...
    0 6
    • HazelMears
      Nigel67 Hi HazelMears. This seems more hardware related than firmware. However, you can find older versions of firmware at this link - https://www.behringer.com/downloads.html. Select XR18 in the Product column and Software in the Type column. You will then need to tick the box labelled 'Show all Versions' and the older versions of firmware will appear. Have you tried a factory reset on the unit. This sometimes works.

Any show / presets that you have on the unit will be deleted.  With the unit powered, locate the hole in the front panel by the access point logo.  There is a switch behind the hole.  Push something through the hole gently until you feel a click as the switch activates.  Hold the switch in for 12 seconds and when you release, the unit will reset.  Set up the connection again and see if you can connect back up to the USB port.

If this does not work, I would suggest filling out a Technical Support ticket and we will be able to advise further. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Technical Support tab and submit a ticket.
      • Sep 5
  • PhilipAngell
    Contributor - Level 3
    2018-07-02
    We currently have two MR18's (a main and a backup). We're thinking of getting a M32C for a couple of reasons, the ability to have more (and stereo) IEM monitor outputs, more FX engines, a few more channels, etc.

I really prefer M32 edit to M32 Mix. I think its just being so used to the M Air app in terms of layout and navigation. We are just mixing 16 channels and 6 monitor mixes in a cover band. Not talking huge shows or production.

Is it possible to set up and use an M32C with only M32 Edit? I know this is probably a dumb question. I am just wondering if the routing and configuration to set it up requires M32 Mix, or if M32 Edit would be all that I need.

How much out of the box configuration is needed for first use? I know the MR18's were pretty much turning on and starting to mix. That is the one thing holding me up from picking up an M32c and DL32.

Philip
    read more...
    0 772
    • PhilipAngell
      Paul_Vannatto

Philip Angell;148416 wrote:

Is it possible to set up and use an M32C with only M32 Edit? I know this is probably a dumb question. I am just wondering if the routing and configuration to set it up requires M32 Mix, or if M32 Edit would be all that I need.

Actually you have it backwards. The M32 Edit is a full function app (editor and mixing app) whereas the M32 Mix is a mixing app only (in spite of what some want to make it). For all of my events I do sound for, I always bring my laptop with M32 Edit (and X32 Edit) and use my android tablet (with Mixing Station Pro). For setup and troubleshooting, I inevitably go back to the laptop.

How much out of the box configuration is needed for first use? I know the MR18's were pretty much turning on and starting to mix. That is the one thing holding me up from picking up an M32c and DL32.

The M32/X32 does have a much more extensive routing capabilities that inevitably leads to a more complex setup. But you have a wealth of seasoned users here that can help you with the initial routing setup. Once you get the hang of it, it isn't that difficult.

For the initial setup, Scene Parser has a translation tool to convert the MR18 scene files to a M32 snippet (mostly with all of the channel settings) that can be applied to an intial M32 scene. And for the reciprocal, the X-Air/M-Air Scene Parser can convert an M32 scene file to an MR18 scene file.
      • July 2, 2018
    • PhilipAngell
      PhilipAngell Paul,

Thanks for the great info as usual.

So M32 Edit is actually more fully featured? Then I guess I better order that M32C!! I should be all set then. We typically have the laptop running all the time as kind of the virtual board with MR-Air Edit running then walk around with the iPad. SO we would do the same with M32-Edit on the laptop. We can certainly get by with M32-Mix on the iPad for adjusting faders and doing some limited adjustments... though M32 Edit on the iPad would be my dream.

Its funny, a few bigger sound guys around here seem to think M32 Mix is more full featured. That is what was confusing me.
      • July 2, 2018
    • PhilipAngell
      KevinMaxwell

Philip Angell;148419 wrote:

Paul,

Thanks for the great info as usual.

So M32 Edit is actually more fully featured? Then I guess I better order that M32C!! I should be all set then. We typically have the laptop running all the time as kind of the virtual board with MR-Air Edit running then walk around with the iPad. SO we would do the same with M32-Edit on the laptop. We can certainly get by with M32-Mix on the iPad for adjusting faders and doing some limited adjustments... though M32 Edit on the iPad would be my dream.

Its funny, a few bigger sound guys around here seem to think M32 Mix is more full featured. That is what was confusing me.

The M32C is the Core correct? How will you get inputs and outputs with the core, will you be getting the stage boxes too. I don't think that the M32Core and the MR18 plays together.
      • July 2, 2018
    • PhilipAngell
      PhilipAngell Midas DL32 stagebox.
      • July 2, 2018
    • PhilipAngell
      Paul_Vannatto

Philip Angell;148419 wrote:

So M32 Edit is actually more fully featured?

Most definitely yes

We typically have the laptop running all the time as kind of the virtual board with MR-Air Edit running then walk around with the iPad.

That is what I do, except I prefer Mixing Station with the less expensive android tablets (too much dutch blood in me I guess).

Well some of us definitely need to lose some weight and some need to face reality. These apps are named according to their design, not to what we dream they should be

The M32 Edit is both a full function online and offline editor, as well as an online mixing app. M32 Mix (and Mixing Station) is an online mixing app only.
      • July 2, 2018
  • LauraSilvestri
    Contributor - Level 2
    2015-02-18
    Hi everybody,
    I would like to ask your help for a (huge) problem I'm experiencing with iStudio and my MIDI Keyboard.

The fact is that there is no way to use my MIDI keyboard with iStudio: I plug the keyboard in the 5-pin MIDI IN port, but no sound comes from it and I can use the musical apps only with the keyboard of the app.

How can this be possibile?

I tried to plug the keyboard to my PC and Mac through SoundTrack Pro and it works, so the problem is not in the keyboard like I was "hoping"...

What am I doing wrong?

I use an iPad OS 8.1.2

Hope to hear from you with some tips to help.

Thanks in advance.

L
    read more...
    0 1,266
    • LauraSilvestri
      SeanFairchild Dear Laura,

I'm not sure what's going on there myself, but please feel free to contact our CARE team for help at [email protected] or by phone at +1-702-800-8290 (US) or +44 1562 732290 (UK). Thank you!
      • February 19, 2015
    • LauraSilvestri
      LauraSilvestri Thanks Sean,

I've seen you message only now.

I'll write them right now, hope they can help me with this problem.

Thanks.
      • February 22, 2015
    • LauraSilvestri
      LauraSilvestri Hi!

Finally I got it working! It was a couple of things mixed together.

First thing that made it working was turn the iPad off and on while plugged into the iStudio. That worked for the musical apps that, by default, use all channel for midi in. But in other apps, the sound still didn't come out. Here it comes the second thing: the channels on the MIDI keyboard. Probably, trying to make it working, I touched a combination of keys that changed the channel on which the sound of the keyboard had to come out. In fact, changing the channel of midi in in the app, the sound finally came out!!

I noticed another things. It seems that the iPad keeps in memory the settings of when it's in the iStudio and when it's not. Infact when I plug off the iPad from the iStudio, it doesn't have sounds anymore - not only in music apps, but also those for email notifications.

L
      • February 28, 2015
    • LauraSilvestri
      SeanFairchild Dear Laura,

Thanks for following up and explaining your fix! Glad it's all working for you now.
      • March 2, 2015
  • MohamedGadAllah
    Contributor - Level 2
    2015-03-20
    Hi,

I've purchased the following items:-

1 - XENYX QX1204USB
    http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/QX1204USB.aspx

2 - MULTICOM PRO-XL MDX4600
    http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/MDX4600.aspx

3 - SONIC EXCITER SX3040
    http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/SX3040.aspx

4 - ULTRAGAIN PRO MIC2200
    http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/MIC2200.aspx

Please I would like to know how to connect them all together in the right way?
    I've also purchased the Zoom H4N with its optional package:-
    http://www.zoom.co.jp/products/h4n

• Please advise for the best setup steps, I mean which device to connect 1st, then 2nd, then 3rd ...etc.

• Also please note that I would like to record everything on the H4N device and not on the computer.

• Also I would like to know what are the required cables to connect devices together?

• Also what type of monitoring headphone I should use?

I have the following microphones:-

[LIST=1]
  • Shure SM7B, SM57, SM58
  • Electronic Voice RE20
  • Heil PR40
  • Audio Technica ATR2100

I am starting my career in podcast and audiobook but do not know the right setup to get a professional audio quality.

Thanks a lot
  • read more...
    0 3,166
    • MohamedGadAllah
      MohamedGadAllah 23 view.

I do hope if any one may help me.

Thanks
      • March 22, 2015
    • MohamedGadAllah
      FlorianGerstenl You do it the wrong way. You have to tell us what you want to do and we tell you what you have to buy and connect. This may be the reason why nobody answers.
      • March 23, 2015
    • MohamedGadAllah
      MohamedGadAllah Thanks a lot for your time replying me.

Florian Gerstenlauer;44544 wrote:

You do it the wrong way.
      Sorry for any mistakes

Florian Gerstenlauer;44544 wrote:

You have to tell us what you want to do and we tell you what you have to buy and connect. This may be the reason why nobody answers.
      Well, here is what I do exactly.

I am starting my career in podcasting and voice over, and here in Egypt there isn't a lot of people to give you any technical help regarding hardware or software.

So I've goggled for a long while for which hardware and software to use and many famous helpful guys recommended using behringer devices instead of other brands because it is cheap and good quality.

So they recommended to get the above mentioned devices in order to produce good audio with professional quality and to use a digital recorder instead of recording to computer to avoid losing sessions in case anything wrong happened to computer.

Also regarding microphone most of the reviews recommended the dynamic microphones and these particular microphones were the top list recommended for podcast and voice over except that some reviews recommending using condenser microphones but to pick the one who reject from around the microphone as possible and only pick like the behave for the dynamic microphone.

So I've ordered these hardware and realized later on that I do not know the correct order to connect the three devices to the mixer, I mean :-

2 - MULTICOM PRO-XL MDX4600

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/MDX4600.aspx

3 - SONIC EXCITER SX3040

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/SX3040.aspx

4 - ULTRAGAIN PRO MIC2200

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/MIC2200.aspx

And a friend told me about a way to connect them but the way he mentioned requires to use a mixer with insert option and the mixer I've bought qx1204 does not includes any insert option, so this is why I am asking about the right way to connect these 4 devices and if I must change the mixer with a higher model that include an insert option, which mixer I should buy in such case?

That is all

Please advise.
      • March 23, 2015
    • MohamedGadAllah
      MohamedGadAllah Sorry for pushing but was my last post clear enough for what I am asking for or I am still doing it in the wrong way?
      • March 24, 2015
    • MohamedGadAllah
      FlorianGerstenl The problem is, that you need inserts for channel processing. Anything else makes no sense in my oppinion.

Sure, if you only want to record one mirophone, you cann connect all you devices in series. But then you don't need a mixer at all:

RE20 => Ultragain => Multicom => Sonic Exciter => Recorder

If you want to make podcasts leave out the Exciter. For commercials it may push the voice, but it may be too much for a longer podcast.
      • March 27, 2015
  • electrocker2000
    Contributor - Level 2
    2017-07-24
    Hey there,

since a few months i own a Studio Konnekt 48 and I am asking myself if there is a way to control the volume of the headphone(s) via the remote control?

Thank you
    0 1,382
    • electrocker2000
      Grokker Hello,

Studio Konnekt 48 has very flexible routing options, so there are various ways to approach this, depending on what you have and what you need. For example, if you want to very quickly switch between monitors and headphones for Main Mix using the remote, and to mute one when using the other, you could additionally configure Speakers B or C, if they are unused, and route Main Mix to the Phones output. This way, you can switch between the two sets from the remote just with two buttons. Then you can control the level from the Main Mix fader using the remote's knob. This, however, is a more unusual approach.

(Continues below)
      • August 16, 2017
    • electrocker2000
      Grokker The conventional and more flexible approach, which I recommend, is to stick to using AUX 1 for headphones. This is also what I do. For the same speaker set, route AUX 1 to Phones 1. Then you can control the phones volume from the AUX 1 fader by selecting it from the remote and using the big knob. If you want to send the phones signal to the speakers, you use the "TO MAIN" button on the AUX channel from the TC Near Mixer panel to route AUX as Main Mix — you would then have the same signal coming from both headphones and speakers.

However, if you want to mute one when using the other, you could approach this by assigning DIM level to minimum for both AUX and Main Mix, then use the buttons on the remote to switch between AUX and Main Mix, and mute/unmute each one of them just by tapping the big knob. Here you should also consider the pre/post AUX switch, and the AUX Send knobs in TC Near Mixer.

As for the Phones knobs on the SK48 unit, simply preset them to a position which provides you with the desired range/flexibility.
      • August 16, 2017
    • electrocker2000
      electrocker2000 Awesome! Thanks a lot for the help!!
      • August 16, 2017
  • ThomasChadwick
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-05-07
    So I feel like Behringer kind of made the whole XAir-Edit thing more complicated than it needs to be by having to support clients for so many different platforms.

Seems to me they could have made life easier by installing a light-weight web server or VNC server on the mixer itself, and then connecting clients would merely need a web browser or a VNC viewer to control the mixer (a bit like how the admin functions of most WiFi routers work).

So I've sort of been toying with the idea of creating something small, along the lines of a Raspberry Pi form-factor, that would run XAir-Edit inside a VNC server and become an XAir-Edit proxy of sorts (clients connect to the proxy rather than the mixer itself).

My question for the forum... What would be the best platform to serve as this "proxy"? Raspberry Pi? Straight Linux? Windows? I've only used XAir-Edit for iPad and Windows. So I don't know if one of the other platform (Androind, RaspPi, etc.) would be better suited to this. Maybe go with a platform that supports Mixing Station rather than XAir-Edit?
    read more...
    0 423
    • ThomasChadwick
      JeffGreen1 I have an XR-18 in a 6U slim rack case with two 7” touch screens, built-in custom headphone distribution amp (4 headphones), wireless AP and 2 raspberry pi SBCs for running X Ait edit and streaming software for live sports broadcasting. You could VNC into the RP and control X Air that way if you weren’t sitting in front of it.

but to your point of over complication of the control of the X and M series devices, it is actually very elegant in its design. By using the standard MIDI and OSC conventions you can control the device either via wireless or wired connection from a plethora of devices. Either via network connection or by MIDI interface. Leaving each user the ability to control the mix functions how ever works best in a given situation and / or environment. To embed a web server or VNC type connection would incure addition cost for licensing of technology or OS and limit the options for control of the device.

Good luck with your quest for optimal control of your X product, Mine works perfect and I love it......
      • May 15, 2018
    • ThomasChadwick
      TedRippert

Jeff Green;145977 wrote:

I have an XR-18 in a 6U slim rack case with two 7” touch screens, built-in custom headphone distribution amp (4 headphones), wireless AP and 2 raspberry pi SBCs for running X Ait edit and streaming software for live sports broadcasting. You could VNC into the RP and control X Air that way if you weren’t sitting in front of it.

Hey Jeff - which 7" touch screens are you using with your RPis? I've got an RPi3 hooked up to my XR12 as a MIDI bridge and an audio FX engine. I've been looking at touch screens so I could integrate it into my rack. Seems like there are some nice 7" HDMI with USB touch interface, and then there's the "Official" RPI screen that attaches to the DSI port.

-Ted
      • May 17, 2018
    • ThomasChadwick
      JeffGreen1 Ted,

If you are only going to use the screen for the Pi then I would go with the official Pi screen. I am using a 1280 x 800 IPS screen with a capacitive touch overlay. I sourced the parts off of eBay (spelled china) and have the Pi connected via HDMI. The reason for this on my situation is we also broadcast video and this allows me to have multiple video inputs so I can switch to our on field cameras in real time to talk to what the producer is sending ot the broadcast. If I didn't need that I would have gone with the Official Pi 7". It's more elegant, less work to install. The way I did it I had to design a 3d printed case to house everything and calibrate the overlay etc...
      • May 17, 2018
Go to page