Statistics

305,341 members
189,623 posts
  • StevePotts
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-04-30
    Hi. Purchased 2 SD16 units a while back - still well within 3yr warranty period but well over year ago. I am in Canada and we bought from authorized dealer in Canada but quite a distance away in another province.

    Anyways, one the of the ultranet ports went some time ago, and just recently another port on the same unit does not work anymore.

    We have replaced cat5 cables with brand new ones from the P-16 box and have swapped P-16 units. The P-16 still works if we daisy chain, but we still want a working SD16 device.

    Who can I contact to do some more testing and start the process for an RMA. We really cannot afford be with out the stage box for any length of time as we need the mic inputs. This is a church.

    Thanks
    read more...
    0 472
    • StevePotts
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Steve,



      I'm checking from my end as to where the nearest service depot is. You might also want to contact CARE (contact info in my signature below). What province are you in? Also, did you register the SD16 within 90 days of purchase to qualify for the 3 year warranty?
      • April 30, 2018
    • StevePotts
      StevePotts Hi Paul



      Huntsville Ont - I doubt we registered - but I am the volunteer, so I will check.



      I have copied the MUSIC Care group as per you suggestion
      • April 30, 2018
    • StevePotts
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Steve,



      I'm in Wallaceburg, ON (near Detroit). My church does have a spare S16 that we might be able to loan you (have to double check). Unfortunately it doesn't have multiple (POE) Ultranets, and both of our P16-D are being used.
      • April 30, 2018
    • StevePotts
      StevePotts Yes - Familiar with Wallaceburg - grew up in London



      I have contacted Music Care, see what they say. We may get a P16-D for now. $150 on Amazon.



      Thanks for the offer (if on) but I will wait for now to see what pans out.
      • April 30, 2018
    • StevePotts
      Michael_Lapke

      Steve Potts;144974 wrote:

      Hi. Purchased 2 SD16 units a while back - still well within 3yr warranty period but well over year ago. I am in Canada and we bought from authorized dealer in Canada but quite a distance away in another province.



      Who can I contact to do some more testing and start the process for an RMA. We really cannot afford be with out the stage box for any length of time as we need the mic inputs. This is a church.



      Thanks




      Hi Steve,



      The closest authorized service center available in Canada are our friends at Intellimix, here's their contact information:



      Intellimix -

      5775 Thimens

      Ville St-Laurent

      Qc, H4R 2H4 , Canada

      Phone: +1 514-457-9663

      Website: www.intellimix.com



      CARE will likely recommend that you have any service handled directly through Intellimix in Canada instead of shipping your SD16's to the United States, but contacting either option should be able to offer you the proper guidance required to resolve the issue.



      Please feel free to contact me via direct PM here in the forum if there is anything else I can do to assist you with this.
      • April 30, 2018
  • Cancionista
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-08

    Buenas noches  adquiri una interfaz um2 y descargue el softwere patra Windows desde la pagina de Bheringer.

    no se que debo instalar para que el Notebook reconozca la interfaz. Ayuda por favor. Graciasss

     

    0 50
  • Xan
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-15

    Good day. I recently bought a UM2 audio interface. It works great with a mic and instruments. Is it possible to connect a mixer to the UM2? I have a Hybrid MC20USB mixer and was wondering if I can use my instruments through the mixer and then connect the mixer to the UM2 for recording a whole band?

    read more...
    0 436
    • Xan
      RichardYClark

      Why do you want to feed the mixer into the UM2 when it already has integrated USB to record the mixer output on a computer? Anyway the UM2 has two non identical inputs so you can't really feed a stereo line out feed from a mixer into it.

      • August 15, 2019
    • Xan
      Xan

      Hi. Thanks for your reply. I can't find drivers for the mixer and at this stage it doesn't work with my laptop without drivers, but I'll just have to keep looking. ?

      • August 15, 2019
    • Xan
      RichardYClark

      Not sure that the USB part of a Hybrid mixer is really a USB audio interface. It may just provide MP3 playback from a USB stick. However to connect your mixer into your PC you could use a Behringer UMC202 USB interface rather than the UM2.

      • August 16, 2019
  • PeterKilgour
    Contributor - Level 2
    2017-06-22
    i'm just wondering if Behringer is getting rid of the Motor 61 and 49? They're very hard to find and already heavily discounted in my area not o mention the last firmware update was almost a year ago. I 'm trying one out at the moment and I'm having an issue with the "touch" control on the faders, it's very hard to select it in programming mode. It started out OK but has gotten to the point where it's unusable. Also I read somewhere that there was a utility for programming the keyboard but I can't see it anywhere, does one exist? It's pretty archaic programming from the keyboard.
    read more...
    0 1,750
    • PeterKilgour
      TheSingingDrumr

      Here it is 2019 - I just found this keyboard recently on Amazon and I am wondering if it is just selling off old stock.  I don't see it as a current product on the Behringer site.  


      Is it worth getting?  It seems to have 90% of what I am looking for.  To get the 100%, I would end up needing to buy two or three different pieces of hardware.  But really, the 90% I think this would cover would be a huge step up for me - but not if it is a crappy product. 


      Suggestions??  Doesn't really look like folks are even following this thread - so it may all be for naught...

      • October 14, 2019
  • studiogorilla
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-17

    So I've got an Aggregate I/O setup on my mac, which includes a UMC1820 and a TascamUS20x20. I have a spdif connection running from the output of my Tascam to the input of the UMC1820. As session samplae rates change, the UMC1820 refuses to follow. What am I doing wrong? When the I/O button is in (ADAT), the unit defaults to 96k. When the button is out (SPDIF), the inputs and outputs dissapear from my Aggregate.

    read more...
    0 113
  • OscarCampos
    Contributor - Level 1
    2017-08-03
    Hi. I recently bought a Xenyx UFX1604, which is working quite good, very happy with the mixer.
    However, the main stereo mix (send through channels 15/16 to the DAW), is recording everything, including effects, except for when I solo a channel. When I press the button, all the rest of the channels are getting recording, instead of the solo channel only.

    Do I have to route anything else from the mixer to get this working, or is this how it is supposed to work?

    Also, is the full manual available for download now?

    Thanks for your help!
    read more...
    0 962
    • OscarCampos
      MarkFarrell I think, and I can't be sure without seeing a block diagram which Behringer commonly does not include in their documentation. that when you switch to solo it puts the audio onto a solo bus which is routed to the headphones and control room outs without all the other audio. The channel that is soloed is still on the main bus along with all the other audio and this is routed to the main outs as well as the USB. Whether the solo could be routed to the USB by itself is difficult to know for sure with out seeing a block diagram of the routing. I'm sort of thinking it can't be done. I didn't see a full manual on their site, only the multilingual quick start.
      • August 3, 2017
    • OscarCampos
      Michael_Lapke

      Oscar Campos;128740 wrote:

      Hi. I recently bought a Xenyx UFX1604, which is working quite good, very happy with the mixer.

      However, the main stereo mix (send through channels 15/16 to the DAW), is recording everything, including effects, except for when I solo a channel. When I press the button, all the rest of the channels are getting recording, instead of the solo channel only.



      Do I have to route anything else from the mixer to get this working, or is this how it is supposed to work?



      Also, is the full manual available for download now?



      Thanks for your help!




      Hi Oscar, welcome to the forum!



      Please allow me to jump in and clarify this feature for you. The SOLO bus does not affect the USB recording stream. The MUTEs will, but the SOLO feature does not affect the audio being recorded. The SOLO serves as a means of isolating a track for monitoring purposes but it won't actually isolate what gets recorded.



      If you need to isolate a recorded track then that would have to be done from within the DAW software you are using after the fact. Hope this helps clarify.



      As for a "full manual" I'm told that the original QSG for this product (which was much shorter than it is now) was already expanded upon a while back to the point where the version on our website is providing everything that a full manual would. However, if you still have questions then feel free to ask here in the forum or by contacting our CARE department directly for additional assistance.
      • August 23, 2017
  • DonSealer
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-09-28
    Let me start by saying, I'm a bit challenged by some tech things.
    Now having said that I could use some help.
    I have been using my xr18 for a couple of years, mostly in my studio. Never had a problem that I can think of, it's been rock solid, until now.

    I've powered up my computer but the icon for the xr is not there. I'm not sure why or what to do to get it back. Without it I'm not sure how to get to the Control Panel. I use a router and that is connected. I'm switched onto Wifi Client and cabling seems to be fine.
    Can someone help me figure this out?

    Thanks,
    Don.....
    read more...
    0 284
    • DonSealer
      AnthonieHunter Hi Don,



      Browse to the location on your computer where you put X-AIR-Edit.exe.

      Right-click on the file and choose Copy to -> Desktop (create shortcut).

      (I am guessing these are the correct terms. Mine is Dutch, so I can not exactly verify.)



      If the file X-AIR-Edit.exe is missing, download it from:

      http://www.musictribe.com/Categories/Behringer/Mixers/Digital/XR18/p/P0BI8/downloads

      (X AIR Edit for PC V1.3)
      • September 28, 2018
    • DonSealer
      DonSealer Thank you. That worked, though the display is somewhat different. I'll adjust to that as I use it. I wonder what happened that caused the icon to dissapear.. I was very concerned that the unit had failed. I also ordered another USB cable thinking that may have failed as well.



      Thanks very much Anthonie,

      Don.....
      • September 28, 2018
    • DonSealer
      ThomasChadwick

      Don Sealer;152935 wrote:

      I've powered up my computer but the icon for the xr is not there. I'm not sure why or what to do to get it back


      Are you on MS Windows 10?



      I find on my computer (with Windows 10) that every couple of months, after taking an automatic update, some of my apps have disappeared. This is usually (but not always) accompanied by a friendly notification to the effect "We've found a program on your computer that we don't think is compatible with Windows 10, so we've done you the favor of completely and irrevocably removing it from your computer. Have a nice day."
      • September 30, 2018
  • DavidSelf
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-10-01
    I am a newbie and am confused by the show, scene, snapshots. What is contained in each? How do i control what is in each? How do i use each? Are the X Air files compatible with the Mixing Station app? The manual is very vague on this topic.
    0 2,622
    • DavidSelf
      Paul_Vannatto Hi David,



      Scenes and snapshots store exactly the same settings, which include almost all settings in the X-Air console (excluding some global settings). The difference of scenes and snapshots is simply the storage destination. Snapshots are stored internal on the X-Air console and scenes are store external on the device (iPad, android tablet, laptop, desktop, Raspberry Pi, etc.). Shows are only available on the iPad and android tablets and are simply folders to help organize scene files. These shows are not the same as the X32 shows.



      Finally, the format of scenes stored on the iPad is not compatible with those stored on the android tablet and is not compatible with scenes stored on laptops, desktops or Raspberry Pi. Each of these 3 platforms have their own format and no one so far has developed a conversion utility (and I have no desire to start). I create, store and backup all of my scenes on my laptop, since these files are ASCII type files which can be further manipulated using Scene Parser and other tools.



      Hope that helps
      • October 1, 2018
    • DavidSelf
      DavidSelf Exactly what i needed. Much appreciated.
      • October 1, 2018
    • DavidSelf
      AndrewTollefson

      Hi Paul, I'm not familiar with what type of files each of the 3 platforms use, but do you think I'd be able to save 3 copies of each scene to 3 different folders to my Google drive, so I can download them from basically anywhere and also have the correct file type for all systems? I realize this is almost redundant thanks to the internal snapshots, but it would be nice to have them saved like that since I have an XR18 and so does my bassist and we go back and forth for rehearsal. And as mentioned already they are quite popular. Just curious if they can all be imported and exported to the cloud. Thanks!

      • March 12, 2019
  • JacobWalker
    Contributor - Level 1
    2017-11-08
    So to start I am completely aware I am likely in the wrong with every assumption I make.

    I moved from a usb mix board to a uphoria 202, It worked well, then I built a new computer (Windows 10) and then I couldn't use the mic and headphone at the same time, I seen this issue was seemingly common. I purchased a 404 and it arrived today, and I only get sound from my computer in the left ear, and I'm having the same issue if my output is set to the headphone jack on the 404 the mic doesn't work.

    Again I am welcome to the idea I have the wrong impression about how these products are to be used. Essentially I am wanting to hear my computer sounds through the uphoria device and use the inputs for my microphones at the same time. Is that not how the product works? Or is it a driver issue, as it doesn't seem to have been updated in a very long time, and windows has had sever major upgrades since.

    My situation is pretty deserate as I make my living as a content creator, any help would be awesome, even if it means I just go back to a USB mix board.
    read more...
    0 764
    • JacobWalker
      Michael_Lapke Hi Jacob, welcome to the forum.



      Your assumptions are correct to an extent, but you have to remember that the operation of any audio interface does somewhat rely on the software in which you use with it.



      That being said, we will need more information about your setup in order to best offer assistance.



      -What software are you using with the UMC404HD?

      -Are you using the Direct Monitoring feature?

      -What is the MIX knob set to on the front of the unit? Is the headphone volume turned up?

      - Did you remember to properly select the UMC as your input/output device in your WINDOWS>SOUND preferences before using it with your audio software?



      Hopefully some of these details and any additional ones you can provide will help paint a picture of why this might be happening. Needless to say, if everything is setup up properly and the audio software you are using with it can handle the task, then what you are asking should indeed be possible.
      • November 8, 2017
    • JacobWalker
      JacobWalker

      Michael Lapke;134781 wrote:

      Hi Jacob, welcome to the forum.



      Your assumptions are correct to an extent, but you have to remember that the operation of any audio interface does somewhat rely on the software in which you use with it.



      That being said, we will need more information about your setup in order to best offer assistance.



      -What software are you using with the UMC404HD?

      -Are you using the Direct Monitoring feature?

      -What is the MIX knob set to on the front of the unit? Is the headphone volume turned up?

      - Did you remember to properly select the UMC as your input/output device in your WINDOWS>SOUND preferences before using it with your audio software?



      Hopefully some of these details and any additional ones you can provide will help paint a picture of why this might be happening. Needless to say, if everything is setup up properly and the audio software you are using with it can handle the task, then what you are asking should indeed be possible.






      Mike,



      Thank you for your response. There was a ID10T error on my part as far as the headphone monitoring., My adaptor was a cheap thing that wasn't working correctly, I swapped it and bam issue resolved.



      However I do have one more issue that I am sure is PEBCAK in nature. I am able to record from both input 1 and input 2, but input 3 and input 4 do not send to audacity, This is in reguards to the 404HD. I am able to monitor 3 and 4 through the headphones but the computer isnt recieveing them. Is it posible to use all 4 inputs at once?
      • November 8, 2017
    • JacobWalker
      Michael_Lapke

      Jacob Walker;134784 wrote:

      Mike,



      Thank you for your response. There was a ID10T error on my part as far as the headphone monitoring., My adaptor was a cheap thing that wasn't working correctly, I swapped it and bam issue resolved.




      Glad you were able to determine the root cause on your own. I would have had a heck of a time trying to diagnose that.





      Jacob Walker;134784 wrote:

      However I do have one more issue that I am sure is PEBCAK in nature. I am able to record from both input 1 and input 2, but input 3 and input 4 do not send to audacity, This is in reguards to the 404HD. I am able to monitor 3 and 4 through the headphones but the computer isnt recieveing them. Is it posible to use all 4 inputs at once?




      It's definitely possible, but that will depend highly on what DAW/Audio software you are using. Did you make sure that the UMC404HD isn't setup as only a 2-channel device in the Audacity PREFERENCES>DEVICE setup menu? Of course you will also have to setup your session with at least 4 tracks and then designate the proper input to each track just like you would with any other audio interface.



      Hope this helps!



      PS - I found your use of the phrases "ID10T" and "PEBCAK" clever, hadn't heard those before so I had to actually look them up to know what you meant.
      • November 9, 2017
  • JasonSt_Jacques
    Contributor - Level 1
    2018-10-11
    So after much debate, I went with getting an X18 over an XR18. I'm happy with my purchase, but I thought I'd have a much easier time coming up with a solution for transporting this.

    Does anyone have any solutions?
    Workable slant rack ears?
    Shelf combo?

    My ideal setup is a 10U slant x 6U front, where the board is on top, a monitor amp is on the bottom 4, and a spacer on the top 2, leaving room for a mounted router.

    I really thought someone else would have done something like this, but I guess this is what happens when you don't look before you buy.

    I bought this for my cover band. We play the same type of rooms, that usually have terrible mixers, and I wanted the power of a digital mixer for more of a plug and play setup. For that, it works, but I don't want to throw this stuff in a soft bag and pray to the Spaghetti Monster everything will be alright.
    read more...
    0 1,804
    • JasonSt_Jacques
      ThomasChadwick Before rack-mounting my XR16, I carted it around in a padded case made by Gator. Worked great. Kept it well protected.



      That being said, have you looked at one of those mixer cases with a laptop shelf? Seems like you could mount your X18 to the laptop shelf somehow.
      • October 16, 2018
    • JasonSt_Jacques
      JasonSt_Jacques I have indeed, what's what I meant with the 10U slant. I guess they're called combo racks.



      It seems I'm either paying a bunch of money to make it work in an existing case with a lid, or figuring out how to mount it on a shelf that's less than 15" wide.





      Behringer gave me an awesomely useless response when I asked if there were solutions.



      Almost any other mixer has some sort of solution. The DL1608 has ears, shelves, cases specifically for it. You'd think the largest manufacturer of musical gear in the known universe would have offered up a better solution than "you should have bought the XR18".



      I didn't want an XR18, and I was hedging my bets that the XAIR app would be better than the Mackie app going forward for no other reason than the X32 should drive improvements.



      I will probably come up with a solution shortly as carting it around in the box is not sustainable, in a bag is a bad idea.



      I just figured someone, somewhere bought one of these and ran into the need to move it around.
      • October 16, 2018
    • JasonSt_Jacques
      KenMitchell

      Jason St. Jacques;153725 wrote:

      I have indeed, what's what I meant with the 10U slant. I guess they're called combo racks.



      It seems I'm either paying a bunch of money to make it work in an existing case with a lid, or figuring out how to mount it on a shelf that's less than 15" wide.





      Behringer gave me an awesomely useless response when I asked if there were solutions.



      Almost any other mixer has some sort of solution. The DL1608 has ears, shelves, cases specifically for it. You'd think the largest manufacturer of musical gear in the known universe would have offered up a better solution than "you should have bought the XR18".



      I didn't want an XR18, and I was hedging my bets that the XAIR app would be better than the Mackie app going forward for no other reason than the X32 should drive improvements.



      I will probably come up with a solution shortly as carting it around in the box is not sustainable, in a bag is a bad idea.



      I just figured someone, somewhere bought one of these and ran into the need to move it around.


      HI Jason,



      When I was first looking at the X18 instead of the XR18 I was going to use this shelf along with an SKB slant-top case.



      https://www.skbcases.com/music/products/proddetail.php?f=&id=746&o=&offset=&c=119&s=80



      http://www.skbcases.com/music/products/proddetail.php?f=&id=695&o=&offset=&c=81&s=81



      Not sure of the depth of the X18 but this is what I would look into.



      Ken
      • October 16, 2018
Go to page