Statistics

305,341 members
189,623 posts
  • PeteOBrien
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-05-08
    Hi i have just installed Bandlab Cakewalk now i am trying to connect my xair to it.
    I have successfully been using it with Reaper for some time but dont seem to be able to get and recording done on it. Any ideas Guys.

I remember in Reaper i had to do the Matrix thingy . do i need to do that in Cakewalk?

I have play back but no record. and it says its all in odd numbers no even
    read more...
    0 2,511
    • PeteOBrien
      ColinDavies Make sure in Cakewalk's audio options that you have all the XR18 ASIO inputs enabled.

To record from XR18 channels 1 to 18, create 18 tracks and set their inputs to:

trk 1 = XR18 input 1L

trk 2 = XR18 input 1R

trk 3 = XR18 input 2L

trk4 = XR18 input 2R

This 'stereo' approach to input channels is different to Reaper where you would simply have:

trk 1 = XR18 input 1

trk 2 = XR18 input 2

trk 3 = XR18 input 3

trk 4 = XR18 input 4
      • May 8, 2018
    • PeteOBrien
      PeteOBrien i am not sure how to do that.

''Make sure in Cakewalk's audio options that you have all the XR18 ASIO inputs enabled''

is there somewhere is cakewalk i can do this?
      • May 8, 2018
    • PeteOBrien
      PeteOBrien also in reaper i could control mic gain via x air edit on my other laptop. how can i do this in cakewalk? thankyou for your advice
      • May 8, 2018
    • PeteOBrien
      ColinDavies

Pete OBrien;145578 wrote:

i am not sure how to do that.

''Make sure in Cakewalk's audio options that you have all the XR18 ASIO inputs enabled''

is there somewhere is cakewalk i can do this?

Aah ... now you're testing me. My experience of Cakewalk ended at Sonar 8.5. In that version to get to the audio drivers you selected the menus Options/Audio/Drivers then ticked the checkboxes next to the XR18 input drivers to enable them
      • May 8, 2018
    • PeteOBrien
      RichardYClark In the Track header of a track you need to go to the Input Selection box, marked with an 'i' icon fourth row down, from the drop down box you can then select the XR 18 USB channel source that you want going to that track. There are other options available in the dropdown menu to help you set up your inputs appropriately.

Once all your inputs are set properly you can Export a Track Template for future use on new projects.
      • May 8, 2018
  • JohnPlatko
    Contributor - Level 1
    2014-01-13
    Can someone explain what the aux in connectors and USB can do? The documentation is not at all clear about this.

The aux in doesn't show up as Garage Band or Auria inputs.

Is the USB capable of doing more than sending midi to a host?

Thanks,

John
    read more...
    0 916
    • JohnPlatko
      Paul_Vannatto Hi John,

Welcome to the forum. I don't know much about this, since I don't have one. But I did a little bit of digging (curiosity) and found this in the description on the product page (Aux in) "We've also included a stereo Aux Input, allowing you to connect a wide range of line-level sources, even a turntable perfect for DJs or for archiving your precious vinyl collection". For the USB, it looks as though the midi function is the only thing that it does.

There are a few videos on the product page (4th tab on right) that may help you.

Paul
      • January 13, 2014
  • ClarkWright
    Contributor - Level 2
    2017-03-14
    I have followed all the steps that I found on this forum to update the DL32 firmware, but for some reason the windows application closes the second I open it, with the DL32 connected via USB and powered on. Does this mean maybe that the firmware is already up to date?
    read more...
    0 2,100
    • ClarkWright
      GaryHiggins

Clark Wright;118963 wrote:

I have followed all the steps that I found on this forum to update the DL32 firmware, but for some reason the windows application closes the second I open it, with the DL32 connected via USB and powered on. Does this mean maybe that the firmware is already up to date?

Step 4 below is maybe the reason? With a Behringer S16, people said they had problems with Win10 but Win7 worked fine. Maybe the same problem here? Disable your virus protection and/or Windows Defender too. There was a procedure for checking the firmware version on some stageboxes, it doesn't say how its done here but my guess is that is not your problem anyway and that it would just update it or actually say it was aready using that version once the updater was running correctly.

Update Process:

[LIST=1]

• Download and unpack the updater zip from midasconsoles.com on your Windows PC

• While the DL32 is switched off, connect its USB port to your PC usinga standard USB cable (type A -- type B)

• Upon powering up, the DL32 will detect the USB connection and wait for the update

• Make sure you have started your Windows session with Administrator access, then start theDL32update_1-7.exe

• The terminal window will inform you about the update progress. Wait approximately1 min until it shows completed

• Disconnect the USB link and switch the DL32 power off and then on
      • March 14, 2017
  • ClarkWright
    RaphaelBecker-F Hi Clark,

there is a problem with several MG update files: They are identified by the virus scanners to be dangerous. This is due to the use of a module named tr/dropper.gen

Even with temporarily deactivating my VS, I wasn't able to install the FW update file myself.

That said, I looked up the change log and there is an easy way to find out if the latest FW is already installed. Just hold the Mute button during startup and check if the fan is turned off. If yes, then you have the latest FW already installed, since this feature was introduced in the last update. Don't worry, the fan will reactivate automatically on the next startup.
    • March 14, 2017
  • ClarkWright
    MarkNorgren Can someone point me to the steps to upgrade my DL32? I have a MacBook Pro and will be using that?

I plan to upgrade my M32R, X-Live card, and my DL32 all at the same time. I always get a bit nervous about upgrading firmware. My system works well now and want to make sure that everything is compatible with each other and I don't experience problems after upgrading.

Thanks as always for the help.
    • March 14, 2018
  • ClarkWright
    GaryHiggins Pretty sure you need to use a windows PC...see below..

Link:

http://www.musictri.be/Categories/Midas/Mixers/I-O-Interfaces/DL32/p/P0BMD/downloads

pdf is part of the download of the firmware

The firmware update 1.7 for DL32 adds performance improvements and new features to the I/O box operating system. This new version improves AES3 (AES/EBU) status bits, adds MIDI remote control of head amps and prevents clicks when using the Mute All Outputs function with very high subsequent gain.

The firmware update can easily be done via USB using a Windows PC/laptop computer. Please follow the update instructions at the end of this document.

This new DL32 Firmware version contains: New Features •

Hold the MUTE button during power-on to disable the fan • Version 1.3 with increased fan voltage to support new fan model • Version 1.5 includes aes/ebu validity and status bits changed (fixing no-sound issue with LabGruppen iPD series) • Version 1.6 adds MIDI preamp remote control (as in DL16) • Version 1.7 Mute all function changed to digital mute, only MIDI Remote Control • Note: The DL32 will only accept MIDI controls when its preamps are not controlled from a console (i.e. M32 series) already • When DL32 is connected to any AES50 clock master that does not control its preamps, (e.g. Lynx AES16e-50), then its rear panel MIDI input allows controlling head amp gain and phantom power • Rx/Tx on MIDI CH01 CC80...95, 0-19 > Input 1-16, Gain, 2.5 dB steps, -2.5 dB...45 dB • Rx/Tx on MIDI CH01 CC96...111, 0/127 > Input 1-16, Phantom power, on/off

• Rx/Tx on MIDI CH02 CC80...95, 0-19 > Input 17-32, Gain, 2.5 dB steps, -2.5 dB...45 dB • Rx/Tx on MIDI CH02 CC96...111, 0/127 > Input 17-32, Phantom power, on/off

Requirements: Windows (WinXP or higher) PC with USB connector and administrator account required for running the updater executable (DL32update_1-7.exe)

Update Process: 1. Download and unpack the updater zip fi le from midasconsoles.com on your Windows PC 2. While the DL32 is switched off , connect its USB port to your PC using a standard USB cable (type A -- type B) 3. Upon powering up, the DL32 will detect the USB connection and wait for the update 4. Make sure you have started your Windows session with Administrator access, then start the DL32update_1-7.exe 5. The terminal window will inform you about the update progress. Wait approximately 1 min until it shows completed 6. Disconnect the USB link and switch the DL32 power off /
    • March 15, 2018
  • ClarkWright
    MarkNorgren Now to find someone in the band with a PC laptop!
    • March 15, 2018
  • CristianUngur
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-01-24
    X Touch One - Jog Wheel not working in Pro Tools and also the transport knobs are pretty chaotic.
    And also, is there a way you can assign things to these knobs in PT?

I've tried it in Logic also and it works flawlessly.

But I'm working a lot in Pro Tools also and I wish I could use all it's features.
    Is there anything I can do about it?

Thank you
    read more...
    0 647
    • CristianUngur
      Roblof Are you in pt-mode?
      • January 24, 2019
    • CristianUngur
      CristianUngur Yup .. I'm in Hui Pro Tools ( HP ) mode.

Everything works fine ( fader, automation, transport buttons, ) except for the jog wheel that doesn't jump from one bar to another through the project like it does in Logic or is it not suppose to do that?

I also wanna mention that if I push shuttle or scrub it does what it's suppose to do.

I understand that Hui is a more restricted protocol but it would be nice to know more details about what every knob is suppose to do in Pro Tools like ( In, Out, Online, Cursor section modes ) and I question would be if are some of these knobs user assignable in Pro Tools like they are in Logic.

Thank you very much for replying and have a nice day!
      • January 24, 2019
    • CristianUngur
      CristianUngur And one more thing.

The led meter next to the fader isn't working in Pro Tools but it does in Logic.

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks
      • January 24, 2019
    • CristianUngur
      rccgeo

I am suffering with the exact same problems you reported... I hope Behringer shows us a solution very soon because it is very frustrating not being able to use the jog wheel. I only use Pro Tools and bought the Behringer X touch one only to control it.

• January 1, 2020
  • BG4DRL
    Contributor - Level 2
    2016-09-03
    output source konnekt mixer from itunes / Spotify, found left and right channels are reversed, to correct it?

Just the chance, found sleep after MBP only a right channel input (left speaker sound)
    Tried several times to sleep several times I found there is such a mono

Adjust the BAL and UNBAL no effect, whether it is Init Konnekt Live Communications Driver What is the problem?

Ru Hao
    read more...
    0 827
  • TJMiller
    Contributor - Level 2
    2015-11-06
    Alright so FedEx just delivered by X-Touch Compact a little earlier today and I got the chance to do some experimenting right off. Figured I'd share my experience with everyone.

Configuration
    After unpacking the X-Touch, I connected it to power and via the included USB cable to my Windows 8.1 PC. Turned the X-Touch on and Windows recognized the USB hub and the X-Touch itself right away. After a few moments of "Installing Drivers", it seemed ready to go so I fired up the X-Touch Software. The software immediately identified the console and allowed me to load the configuration from the console to the PC. I went through setting up all the Midi CC's for Faders, Pan Pots and Mute Buttons on my XR18. Easy graphical process, a few things that are a bit tedious (can use the keyboard and can't select multiple channels at once to set a common parameter like MIDI Channel), but overall it was quick and fairly painless. In about 30 minutes I had the configuration the way I wanted it (or at least close, I founds some mistakes I made later on and had to fix).

The software only allows you to program one layer at a time. So I did Layer A first, pushed it to the console and saved it as a preset on my computer. Then went to Layer B, did the same thing. Again, a very simple and straight forward process. I had also read about issues with the global channel so I set it to channel 16 so it wouldn't interfere with the XR18 controls.

Connecting to the XR18
    With everything loaded and seemingly ready to go, I fired up my XR18. Connected to it with my Windows Tablet and the X-Air Edit App. Then connected the X-Touch Compact to it via a pair of 10ft Midi Cables (metal ended Hosa cables if anyone cares). Started off trying to move a few faders on the X-Touch, the X-Air app didn't show them moving. Tried moving the faders in the App, and the faders on the X-Touch mirrored the movement. Hmmm, WTF. Well after a few minutes I noticed I still had the USB cable connected from the X-Touch to my computer. Disconnected the cable and tried moving a fader on the X-Touch, and what do you know, the fader in the App mirrored the movements perfectly.

Using the X-Touch
    So one thing I noticed that is unfortunate but I knew going in is that when you connected the X-Touch to the XR18, it doesn't update the positions of the faders, mutes and pan pots. So I went through the app and made movements on each to sync it to the X-Touch. I don't see this being much of an issue as I zero out my mixer every time, but for those who keep constant positions on faders and such, it might be an issue. I haven't yet tried loading a scene to see how the X-Touch responds then. My guess is that the XR18 doesn't send MIDI updates on all the changes when you load a scene. That'd be some seriously heave MIDI traffic.

I did try running some audio through the mixer and adjusting the parameters I have control over from the X-Touch. Everything was immediate. The Mute button lights latch as they should (on when muted, off when not) and I got the ring LED's on the encoders figured out so they work as I want them to for the function they're providing. That's a really nice feature by the way!!

The faders and mute controls for stereo linked channels function exactly was you'd expect as well. Mute one, they both mute. Move the fader for either channel and the fader for the paired channel moves with it. Very cool. If you wanted to, you could conceivably use a single fader and mute button to control a stereo channel as long as you don't want to be able to adjust the individual channel panning.

Overall Impression
    I'm very happy with the X-Touch so far. The faders have a good feel to them as do the buttons. The Encoders have detents throughout their travel that correspond precisely with the LED movements. In some ways I think the detents could be a good thing and in other ways they could be a hindrance. But they turn easily and function well. Back to the faders, I did notice two things I didn't like. First, the motors are somewhat noisy. I'm not talking about the mechanical sound of the fader itself moving but you can hear a little whine from the motor itself. Not a huge deal as long as it's not a sign of strain or wear. Second, while connected to the XR, especially right after switching layers, the faders tend to "twitch" a little. Usually it only lasts a second or two but it does come back every so often. It seems like it's getting input from the XR18 but I haven't been able to watch the MIDI-In light to confirm as it's happening.

Ultimately, I'm pretty happy so far. I'm really hoping that Behringer continues to update the Firmware of both the XR18 and the X-Touch Compact to offer more capabilities between the two but for now it is at least doing what was most important to me. I've learned that the touch screen apps are nice but there's just no replacement for the feel and response of an actual fader under your fingers.
    read more...
    0 14,761
    • TJMiller
      JohnBrockman Was so excited to receive my new X-touch compact yesterday.

I have a wedding this weekend and want to control my XR-18 X Air with it.

So I set it up as the quick setup guide illustrated.

I connected the X-touch to the XR-18 XAir via Midi in and Midi out.

Connected my MacBook Pro to the XR-18 X Air via Ethernet and fired everything up.

I am able to move faders via the X-Touch Compact and the X-Air edit screen mimics the fader movements. However the fader number order does not correspond to the fader I'm manually controlling on the X-Touch Compact.

When I move fader 1 on the X-Touch Compact, fader 2 on the X-Air Edit application moves.

Same with all fader, instead of the corresponding fader number in X-Air Edit they control the fader to the right so the whole board is 1 fader/knob off.

Also the mutes do not work and the master fader controls fader 10 instead of, you guessed it, the master fader.

I'm about to try a hard re-boot of everything for the third time.

If it cannot cover these basic functions on corresponding faders, mutes and give me a Master Fader I will need to return it.

My Devices:

XAIR XR-18 digital mixer

MacBook Pro OSX 10.6.8

X-Touch Compact connected to XAIR XR-18 via MIDI Cables (USB not connected to anything)

• April 15, 2016
    • TJMiller
      RichardYClark Have you got it set to the correct mode? I believe that it should be Mackie Control (MC) to control XR 18. Otherwise you will get the wrong faders according to the default Mode A MIDI assignment picture.
      • April 15, 2016
    • TJMiller
      JohnBrockman Still the same issues connecting to XAir -18 via midi in Mackie Control mode.

Faders are off by one across the board. Fader 10 on X-touch controls the main fader etc as mentioned before.

However, in Reason DAW it works perfectly.

So the mixer is good, trying to get it to work with the XR-18 is the issue.

I don't want to use the windows editor (as there isn' t an OSX editor) since it does work correctly with Reason via USB.

I purchased it to have live fader control of XR-18 via MIDI, THEN, control mixing recordings/sessions in Reason via USB.

Any ideas what I can do to get it to work properly with XR-18 rack mount digital mixer?
      • January 12, 2017
    • TJMiller
      KevinMaxwell

John Brockman;92525 wrote:

Still the same issues connecting to XAir -18 via midi in Mackie Control mode.

Faders are off by one across the board. Fader 10 on X-touch controls the main fader etc as mentioned before.

However, in Reason DAW it works perfectly.

So the mixer is good, trying to get it to work with the XR-18 is the issue.

I don't want to use the windows editor (as there isn' t an OSX editor) since it does work correctly with Reason via USB.

I purchased it to have live fader control of XR-18 via MIDI, THEN, control mixing recordings/sessions in Reason via USB.

Any ideas what I can do to get it to work properly with XR-18 rack mount digital mixer?

It is off by one (from what I understand) because the default settings are for use with a DAW and I guess most DAWs actually put channel one on Midi CC1 but the X32 and X-Air stuff starts channel 1 with Midi CC 0. I use an XTC (as you may have read on here) with an M32 as a fader wing. I can't think of how you would change the settings in the XTC without using the editing program. If you can get a hold of a PC and load the X-Touch Editor program it isn't too hard to set things up. The fader CC default commands start with 1 and they need to start with 0 for the XTC fader 1 to control the fader 1 on the console and then you need to shift all of the number down one. And fader 9 (if you want to use it as the master) needs to be set to CC31. Also on the M32 the global channel seems to work best if it is set to I think it is none or 0, ch1 or ch2 do weird things.

I don't know off hand if you can have 2 completely different setups on the XTC. I don't have any of the X-air series of mixers but I think the midi is the same as the M32. I just looked it up while typing this and the X32 wiki has a section about the X-Air midi and the Midi commands are very close to the M32/X32 Midi.

http://behringerwiki.music-group.com/index.php?title=8._MIDI

If it would help you, if you tell me what controls you want to do what on the XTC and I will set up an XTC file and I will send it to you and it should work to you. You then just need to use the editor to load that file. But I probably can't get to it till this Sunday. Let me know if I can help. Just keep in mind that in the X32 and X-Air mixers the Midi implementation is limited, look at the link I posted and you will see the things that can be controlled. The XTC has a lot more Midi capabilities then the mixers themselves.

Personally I would use the encoders either across the top or to the right for channels 9-16. If you want to setup the A and B layers keep in mind that if you are also controlling the mixer with another device like a tablet the layer that isn't showing will not update when you make a change to those channels so when you switch back and forth the faders on the XTC will be out of sync.

I will throw this out there in some ways for what you want to do with the XR-18 you might actually be better off with the Behringer BCF2000. If has a learn mode that you use to set it up. If you want more information let me know.

BTW where are you located? I am in the USA Connecticut.
      • January 12, 2017
    • TJMiller
      FrankBecker

Kevin Maxwell;92527 wrote:

If you want to setup the A and B layers keep in mind that if you are also controlling the mixer with another device like a tablet the layer that isn't showing will not update when you make a change to those channels so when you switch back and forth the faders on the XTC will be out of sync.

You can use one button on every layer (best it is the same one on both layers) to send CC127 with value 127. This will start a MIDI dump request. So if you change the layer, you press the button and all parameter on this layer are synced.

Frank
      • September 4, 2017
  • New
    VernonGraner
    Contributor - Level 3
    2018-01-27

Tl;DR - I've built a portable WiFi/MIDI mixer control box that allows MIDI or completely wireless operation of an XR18 mixer. typical uses include talkback routing, "Cough box" on the talent table or a way to quickly route/reroute signals

Based on the Adafruit HUZZAH32 / ESP32 , this unit can run on a USB cable connected to a small USB "brick" or it can also run on a LiPo battery. Signal output is a combination of MIDI and WiFi. At the moment, the WiFi info (SSID/Pass) and the IP address of the target Mixer is hard-coded in the source before downloading to the chip.

So, you can plug in the USB cable and charge brick for long term use, and the MIDI cable for sure-fire control, or you can run on batteries and use WiFi to be completely portable! In wireless mode on batteries, it is REALLY fun!

This is really a V1.0 "proof of concept" design. I built it in a leftover project box and the unit is cumbersome to reprogram. I plan to add an OLED display to allow the WiFi / IP info to be input from the front panel, and also to allow button functions to be programmed.

Here are some pictures:

The first prototype on the breadboard

Closeup of the case

Closeup of the microcontroller (HUZZAH32)

All Buttoned Up!

Rear panel

Unit in operation

And lastly, I have a video of the unit controlling my XR18:

https://youtu.be/CI1OQnQrRa4

I'm happy to answer any questions and welcome ideas on how to improve the design. Thanks to all the forum members that helped steer me in the right direction!

read more...
    1 8,881
    • VernonGraner
      TedRippert Hey Vern,

NICE! I love the part in the video where you unplug the cables and it keeps working.

-Ted
      • January 27, 2018
    • VernonGraner
      JohnBaker Nice work! Thanks for sharing...
      • January 28, 2018
    • VernonGraner
      SteveWalker

Vernon Graner;139439 wrote:

Tl;DR - I've built a portable WiFi/MIDI mixer control box that allows MIDI or completely wireless operation of an XR18 mixer. typical uses include talkback routing, "Cough box" on the talent table or a way to quickly route/reroute signals

This is exactly what I need as a wireless foot-switch on floor to simply control an effects "mute group". Mute effects when speaking to audience and unmute effects when singing. I would use it wireless as a foot-switch running on the battery.

Do you plan to eventually sell these units?

Thanks,

Steve Walker
      • January 28, 2018
    • VernonGraner
      VernonGraner

Steve Walker;139479 wrote:

This is exactly what I need as a wireless foot-switch on floor to simply control an effects "mute group". Mute effects when speaking to audience and unmute effects when singing. I would use it wireless as a foot-switch running on the battery.

I think it would be perfect for that kind of function. I would have to modify the code so the buttons are push-on / push-off rather than press and hold for the action. I've been working on cleaning up the code and this is something I probably should add as an option for each button. Good idea!

Do you plan to eventually sell these units?

I hadn't really considered it. I don't want to be in the "manufacturing" business and I believe someone else on the forum may already be building units for sale built I'm not sure. I am in favor of sharing knowledge so that everyone can make cool things. For example, I plan to share the source code for this unit in my next post on this thread.

That said, I would be happy to help you build one or I might be talked into making a one-off for you if you can't find any other solution.
      • January 28, 2018
    • VernonGraner
      VernonGraner I've been working on this code to clean it up over the last few days. Its not perfect, but its more readable and a lot of redundant stuff was removed. It still suffers from some shortcomings I am hoping to address- specifically:

• The WiFi SSID and Password are hard-coded in the source

• The IP address of the X-AIR Mixer is hard-coded in the source

• The WiFi connection code is blocking- so if it cant connect the box won't "boot"

• Button functions are hard-coded in the source

To address the WiFI issues, I have found a bit of source code that should let me set the WiFi info using a smartphone app. I haven't really played with it yet but it looks promising. I also plan to add a timeout for the WiFi conneciton so if it can't find the specified WiFi AP, it will just drop into MIDI mode.

As for the target IP of the mixer, I'm not sure how to handle that. I am considering trying to enable DNS so that a name for the mixer can be hard coded rather than an IP in the hopes that the mixer can be addressed via domain name resolution.

Another possible angle would be to have the unit present a web page where you could enter all the details such as the target mixer IP address and the commands for each button. Not sure how much work that would be but it seems like good practice and would make a nice V2.0 for this hardware.

As always, I am happy to answer questions about this unit. So without further ado, here's the source code:

Or .. that *would* have been the source code if that hadn't happened. So it seems maybe the source is too big..? I'll try and post it in its own message next.
      • January 28, 2018
  • timeline85
    Contributor - Level 2
    2017-06-19
    PM me or email insolace [at] gmail

Also looking for firewire compact
    0 797
  • AaronCarey
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-11-22
    While Round Trip Latency is actually pretty good with the DN32 or XUSB cards, safe, reliable performance isn't. Even Jim Roseberry spoke of this years ago, and it seems to be about the same now, on much faster testing machines, so I was looking for alternatives.

Has anyone done full 32x32 testing with the Behringer X32 or Midas M32 with the Dante card installed? What was the round trip latency like at the lowest safe buffer size?
    read more...
    0 349
  • PeterNguyen
    Contributor - Level 2
    2018-11-02
    Hi all,

We are planning on to have an event at a local university's stage and using their own sound system (which already pre-configured with all the connections).

I just found out that they have a Presonus 24.4.2 as a mixing desk and it does not have a capability to record multitrack as with the X-Live card (they have only Fire-wire output which can connect to a computer for DAW recording/playback).

I'm not familiar with Presonus and its multitrack recording capability from the console.

What I am thinking is to bring my X32 in and somehow connect to their Presonus 24.4.2 desk, so I can record the event using my X-Live card.

Is this something that you think possible? or I just stuck with recording using computer?
    …or any other options that I can do to get the multitrack recording?

Thanks in advanced for any advises you can provide.
    Peter Nguyen
    read more...
    0 429
    • PeterNguyen
      JamesPaul Well, assuming a fully functional FireWire port on the Presonus board, and a compatible and properly equipped computer, all should work well and IME proved flawless in execution and operation some years back prior to the X32 introduction. The Presonus software suite and corresponding hardware integration always impressed.

Otherwise, the more obvious and logical approach IMO would be to implement a hardware mic

splitter.
      • November 2, 2018
    • PeterNguyen
      Roblof The 24.4.2 has direct outputs on its d-sub connectors. You should be able to pick up three d-sub to xlr cables.
      • November 2, 2018
    • PeterNguyen
      PeterNguyen Thanks Robert!

I'll look into the d-sub options.

Thanks,

Peter Nguyen
      • November 5, 2018
    • PeterNguyen
      AlecSpence

Peter Nguyen;154576 wrote:

We are planning on to have an event at a local university's stage and using their own sound system (which already pre-configured with all the connections).

It's not clear exactly what you mean by the existing system being "already pre-configured with all the connections". If you simply mean that the inputs are all plugged into the desk, along with the outputs, then surely it's a breeze just to bring your X32 and replug everything into it - about 2 mins - no spend required.

If it's that there's already a mix set up on the Presonus, then it'll be more effort to re-create that on your X32, but possibly less than all of the messing about trying to wedge your desk into theirs for recording.
      • November 5, 2018
  • Go to page