• Ssgrumman
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-05-15

Sign in Join no
    Hit Refresh
    Uli Behringer Follow Music Tribe Leader
    122 18 1
    Dear Tribers,
    Today, I am addressing you with a very important message, a message that will affect all of us. Over the past months I have shared with you, why we need to become Customer Obsessed. (Obsession is the domination of oneʼs thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image or desire). Customer Obsession means that everything we do must be relevant to the Customers we chose to serve and also exceed their wants and needs.
    Over the past years we all have become complacent and frankly we lost our focus and purpose why we exist and come to work. Organizations who lose their customer purpose will cease to exist and we have seen many examples such as Nokia, Blackberry, Avaya, Kodak, etc. You know my favorite line: “Happiness comes from doing meaningful things for other people in return for appreciation and recognition.”
    Who Pays Our Salaries?
    When I ask this question, people quickly respond by saying: “Itʼs you, Uli”. Nothing could be further from the truth as I am only representing our Customers who are gracious enough to keep us alive by buying our products. My job is to re-distribute our Customersʼ money to you the Tribers by paying your wages and acquiring new Tribers, equipment, facilities as well as a new company from time to time.
    If we ever fail to deliver outstanding services, our Customers wonʼt buy our products anymore, money will dry out and we will cease to exist.
    Hit Refresh
    As the Music Tribe Leader I have an overall responsibility for our 4,000 Tribers and my only purpose is to ensure we as Music Tribe stay relevant and deliver incredible value to our
    Customers. If I cannot deliver this task, I will have failed our Customers and a better leader should take my place.
    Music Tribe is more important than myself and I am taking my given responsibility extremely seriously, a responsibility to create, retain and grow a Customer Obsessed organization where every Triber focuses on our Customers - every second of the day. Only if I can achieve this, I have fulfilled my role and responsibility and hence I will do everything in my power to deliver on this promise.
    Over the past 2 months I have done lots of soul searching by taking the time to truly reflect on the Music Tribeʼs Vision but also my personal Vision. I am very grateful for all the people who have helped me on this insightful journey and today I am proud to present the outcome – our Music Tribe Vision which you can find in our Academy. The Music Tribe Vision is a Customer Obsessed Vision where all our services surround the ONE person that truly matters – our Customer.
    Microsoftʼs CEO Satya Nadella wrote a book called “Hit Refresh”, a book which has greatly inspired me. It's a journey of a man who has applied his own values to an organization by defining and executing on a purpose; the purpose to serve Customers by truly empowering them. Look where Microsoft is today – within a short period of time, the company has done a complete turnaround and now become the worldʼs most valuable company.
    Like all of you, I am also reporting to our Customers who have empowered me to serve them. I am responsible to ensure that we all act in the spirit of our Customer Vision, which means only one thing – to deliver true value to the our Customer. Consistently and relentlessly.
    Think Slow – Act Fast
    With the Music Tribe Vision now in place, itʼs time to act fast and relentlessly. We will be
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/hit-refresh-uli-behringer?article...64#comments-6521289259863896064&trk=public_profile_post 5/15/19, 5J36 PM Page 1 of 4
    w

what is going on. I can’t get service, warranty, nothing. Half the service centers no longer take Midas pro series if anything from the tribe!

read more...
    0 175
  • Kuldeep1
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-22

Hi guys, I got delivery of the long awaited TFX122M-AN monitors yesterday, purchased from Chuck Levin, great seller.

Problem is, one of the speakers popped and stopped playing at a performance I was having. I took off the power and tried it back this morning. It's playing material and then stopping. I don't know if it's thermal or something else. I'm willing to ship the amp from this box and get a replacement. Just dont know who in the Caribbean or Latin America would be able to facilitate me. The other box is great and I love the sound. I feel I'm gonna sell my JBL monitors and buy this. It's just for me to sort out this issue of an amp swap.

read more...
    0 100
  • Kuldeep1
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-22

Hi guys, I got delivery of the long awaited TFX122M-AN monitors yesterday, purchased from Chuck Levin, great seller.

Problem is, one of the speakers popped and stopped playing at a performance I was having. I took off the power and tried it back this morning. It's playing material and then stopping. I don't know if it's thermal or something else. I'm willing to ship the amp from this box and get a replacement. Just dont know who in the Caribbean or Latin America would be able to facilitate me. The other box is great and I love the sound. I feel I'm gonna sell my JBL monitors and buy this. It's just for me to sort out this issue of an amp swap.

read more...
    0 109
    • Kuldeep1
      Kuldeep1

I decided to go this way as I am the proud owner of the turbosound tbv123-an line arrays as well as the midas m32r and m32 live

• October 22, 2019
  • atdav
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-16

Im looking for L'Acoustics load files (.tpa) for my PLM20000Q amps.

0 76
  • robrmendoza
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-20

How to upgrade the DL231 firmware to G3.4.4 via windows

0 214
    • robrmendoza
      TerryChan

I'm not 100% sure but there is a software called "IO Updater" from Midas website, you can use this software and firmware G3.4.4 to upgrade you DL231.

• August 21, 2019
    • robrmendoza
      TvR

Dear Rob,

Please send an email to [email protected] So we can help you with updating your DL via Windows. 

Thank you. 

• September 10, 2019
  • MichaelVincentd
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-08-29

Hello everyone,

Kindly advice a recommended insert fx for a tri amp configuration.

Thanks a lot.

0 372
    • MichaelVincentd
      RexBeckett

@MichaelVincentd 

Hi Michael, what FX do you want to insert?

For bi/tri-amp crossovers, I route Main LR to Matrix buses and use the bus EQ with LR24 high-pass and low-pass filters.

• August 29, 2019
  • remartin
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-12

Newbie to Behringer.  What is the most efficient was to run an independent monitor mix separate from FOH.  Typically, the band will have a dedicated FOH Engineer, but not a  monitor engineer. Band wants to have control over monitor mix (2 wired, 3 wireless IEMs) using mobile devices.  Can this be done without a splitter snake.  

5 piece band (2 guitars, Key, Bass, Drums)

X32 Rack (Monitors) -  Midas DL32 - X32 Console (FOH)

Thanks in advance

read more...
    0 267
    • remartin
      DaveMorrison

Yes. The easiest hardware configuration is X32(FOH)-->X32Rack-->DL32. If you have any questions, just ask. 

• October 12, 2019
    • remartin
      remartin

Does anyone have a diagram of the routing and connections?  I.e, does everything gets plugged into the DL32 etc, or do certain things get plugged into the x32 rack?

• October 12, 2019
    • remartin
      DaveMorrison

@remartin 

Do you have a preference on AES50 in and outs. It makes a difference on the routing?

For example, X32 FOH AES50[A] -- X32 rack AES50[A]. X32 rack AES50[B] -- DL32  AES50[A] (DL32 should be port A). You could route signal to the rack and DL32, but it's easier to just the DL 32.

FOH inputs would be AES50-A 1-32

X32 Rack inputs would be AES50-B 1-32

and under the AES50 A/B routing tab  source: AES50 B 1-32 --> Output: AES50 A 1-32

Do you want LR bus (mains) to go to DL32? Is everyone using stereo IEM?

• October 12, 2019
    • remartin
      remartin

Thank you, we will use the AES50 in and outs vis Cat5. The preference is for stereo IEMs. L/R mains would be at Dl32.  With this configuration are all inputs made at the DL22?  Is there any need for a splitter snake?

• October 12, 2019
  • thginknodnarb
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-28

So we have a Midas Pro 2 and 2 DL251 stage boxes. Will the Hub4 and DP48 work with this setup? Does the fact that the Pro 2 runs at 96 khz affect the number of channels can be sent to the DP48? Thanks in advance. 

0 6
    • thginknodnarb
      DavidKnighton Hello Brandon Knight,
      Due to the mismatched sample rates, the DP48 and HUB4 are not directly compatible with the Pro Series desks. What you can do is deploy a Klark Teknik DN9650 Network Bridge with an additional AES50 card to interface the two AES50 networks. This is currently the only solution to make the DP48 compatible with Pro Series.
      • September 28, 2020
      • Midas Pro 2 & DP48 Question
        thginknodnarb Do you happen to know if the DP48 and HUB4 will be compatible with the Midas Heritage-D
        • September 28, 2020
      • Midas Pro 2 & DP48 Question
        DavidKnighton Hello Brandon Knight,
        Currently, HD96 is exclusively 96KHz operation and I don't believe that's going to change, so again, not directly compatible. There have been very small talks (very small) of developing a HUB4 that would accept 96K and down sample to 48K to make the DP48 compatible, but no clue if the Midas developers have given this solution any thought.
        • October 5, 2020
  • Schmeckitup
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-27

Is anyone successfully using the v4 firmware with iPad control? I'm not seeing an update on the App Store to match the current firmware. 
    I was hoping to use the soft patch feature on our upcoming tour but I'm afraid I'll break our system if I try and upgrade. 

read more...
    0 174
    • Schmeckitup
      DaveMorrison

@Schmeckitup 

The mixing part works fine. I haven't (and won't) try any type of routing with the iPad App. I would use either my computer running X32-Edit or Mixing Station to make any type of routing or assignment changes.

• January 27, 2020
    • Schmeckitup
      Schmeckitup

Understood. Will the order of channels in the iPad app reflect channel order created on the board though? We have some hard patched channels that would be great to visually reorder to make cue mixes make more sense. 

• January 27, 2020
    • Schmeckitup
      DaveMorrison

@Schmeckitup 

It follows the order of the mixer channels; It doesn't matter how they're soft patched. It's in banks of 8. 1-8, 9-16, 17-24, 25-32, Aux 1-8..

If you want custom layouts, regular updates, MIDI control, plus the ability to route, get Mixing Station. Although it's a paid app, it's very, very good.

• January 27, 2020
  • mak1
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-09

Hi, I'm a user of midas products,
    i own a pro6 and pro9 beautiful work machines.
    I know very well that they have been on the market for a long time and have been replaced with more recent ones.
    I think it tempts operators and companies like me, I still have many consoles of these both for their brand and for the quality and the way of using it very effectively.
    My announcement is addressed to the music tribe group or whoever manages and programs the software of these consoles, please do not forget us that we still have them, release other updates for the software even if you have to pay for them, do not abandon the all the PRO series consoles would be a murder.

read more...
    0 134
    • mak1
      ChaseMcKnight

Hi @mak1 

G2.6.1 is the latest and most likely will remain the last firmware for Pro3/6/9 consoles. The reason the ProX features a different audio engine, the DL571 (Neutron), is because the DL371 didn't have enough DSP to handle the new features we implemented.

It's worth mentioning that Pro3/6/9 consoles can be upgraded to a ProX, which includes new surface fascia, controls, MCs, and Neutron audio engine as well as extending the warranty to 10 years. 

• April 10, 2020
    • mak1
      mak1

Hi ChaseMcKnight, yes it is true the consoles have been in operation for 10 and more years, but given their very expensive initial cost I do not think it is right to abandon them, the upgrade to proX costs a lot and honestly on balance now it is not worth it, indeed I think that who did it 2 years ago made a huge mistake because it had a decidedly high cost, to then always find the same surface only changed of some buttons and functions, then now just arrived herritage model with cost as upgrade proX to accounts made of the surface alone, too much technology thrown out in a flash, little time to amortize the expense.
      I think from my point of view that it is good to continue the upgrade of the pro models for those who still own them by solving some bugs and integrating more effects in order to have more choice, so the computing power is always limited to each specific surface model 3/6/9 (I don't want to go into details).
      I think they want to completely end them but if it were it would be a bad idea.
      Some might think that my thought is wrong because in doing so you don't buy new models, but it is not true at all, because if you have the need for jobs where different performances are required you always buy new machines.
      And then the MIDAS brand has always been synonymous with quality, as long as the surfaces do not die completely, you must always keep them updated keeping in mind their potential.

• April 10, 2020
Go to page