Statistics

298,542 members
182,155 posts
  • New
    Kcld
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-28

Hello all,

in December 2021 I bought the Behringer X32 full version.

A really great mixer.
    I'm just having some trouble setting up the X32 as a DAW controller.

What I personally find a pity is that the DAW controlling only takes place on the right side and not on all faders, so also the 16 faders on the left.

There are many videos on Youtube how this was done at ProTools and Studio One, among others.

Surely this should also be possible in Cubase?
    Does anyone have an idea how I could get this working?

Why didn't Behringer make sure that all faders can work as DAW controllers? Software wise could this be included in an update?

Are there people here who can give me tips on how to properly set up the DAW controlling, or maybe people who have all faders working in Cubase Pro?

Thank you very much for your help and advice,

Ron.

read more...
    0 15
  • New
    sfitch3
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-24

We are having issues getting our bass guitar to come through the system into the p16 set up for in ear monitors.  We have tried both through bass guitar amp and directly to the digital snake.   But all we get is a buzzing sound for the ears.  

read more...
    0 9
    • sfitch3
      Nigel67 Hi sfitch3. I am going to need some more information please about your set up. Is it just one P16M that you have and you just want it to listen to the bass guitar? Do you have a CAT5e cable between the X32 Ultranet output and the Ultranet input on the P16M? There is no other way to get audio into a P16M apart from via the Ultranet. You then need to route the bass guitar to the Ultranet/P16. Please take a look at this video which will help you send audio to the P16M. It is not the latest firmware version however it hasn't changed to much over releases. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0Ww7G5tvjg. There are probably more videos on using the P16M on You Tube.
      • Mar 27
  • New
    VaaB
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-09

Do you guys connect outputs from this eurorack mixer to the line inputs in your audio interface? The volume seems pretty low when I`m using line ins (around -24). On the other hand volume is OK when I`m using instrument inputs(around-12), but the impedance of the outputs of Behringer 305 (700 Ohm) suggests I should be rather using line inputs.

Any ideas??

read more...
    0 28
  • New
    OldmanT59
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-29

What is the best app to download for my Android tablet to control the x32 board?

0 25
    • OldmanT59
      Paul_Vannatto Mixing Station Pro
      • Apr 29
    • OldmanT59
      JeffRusin Mixing station pro is a good app but when I say it’s a pain in the butt to get it set up that’s being nice. I don’t know if you can get I am 32 mix or X32-Mix on android but I would suggest that to start, you can figure it out with no instructions in minutes
      • May 10
    • OldmanT59
      Paul_Vannatto X32-Mix is only available for iPads, not androids and the last update was with firmware 3.x (nearly 3 years ago). So good luck using it with firmware 4.x. And I doubt that it will be updated in the near future.
      • May 10
  • New
    Zuurg
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-17

I run sound for 2 different bands using an XR-18.  Is there a way that I can save & recall different settings for each band?  Like the channel names, gain settings, etc?

0 12
    • Zuurg
      Paul_Vannatto Yes, save to snapshots and load those snapshots when you need them. The XR18 can store up to 64 snapshots internally. Using X-Air-Edit (for Windows, Mac, linux or Raspberry Pi), you can also export and import those snapshots to scene files on the computer.
      • May 17
  • New
    KevinTisdall
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-06-06

I updated my s32 to 1.8 just now.  All went normally as far as I can tell.  Usb connection was made, started the app as administrator, approved the change (windows) and the update exe file ran.  After a minute or so I powered off/on the s32.  When it came back, I am not seeing the usb connection nor am I seeing the firmware level.

Any ideas?

read more...
    0 123
    • KevinTisdall
      Nigel67 Hi KevinTisdall. From what you are describing, the software appears to have corrupted but I am surprised that your computer isn't recognising any USB connection when you plug in the S32 to your computer. Can you definitely confirm that in Bluetooth and other devices, no new USB connection of any type appears when you plug in the S32 - unless of course the USB driver in the unit has failed. Probably very unlikely, but did you try another USB cable and socket on the computer? If you have, then I would suggest contacting the Technical Team and seeing if they can help any further or the unit may just need to be repaired. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Technical Support tab and submit a ticket. Have you tried if it works with the console? Does it show up as a S32 when detected?
      • Jun 7
    • KevinTisdall
      RUSH40 TFM122M-AM I scored a good deal on four used. Three of four will not update firmware 2.0 to 2.3? The one updates every time on the money. Someone help cause there's not much on this matter.
      • Jun 14
  • JohnGaia
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-22

I bought an XR18 two weeks ago and set my first gig with no problem, all the preamps were working fine but last week I noticed that I had to push up the Mic Gain to +60 on my Talk Back channel to get a good input level (the meter shows green almost yellow)  So I turned off the mixer and power it up again and just for few seconds the preamp worked well before going low again. I have changed the xlr cable, mic and it doesnt change

read more...
    0 260
    • JohnGaia
      RexBeckett

@JohnGaia 

Hi Jonathan, welcome to the forum.

Does this problem only happen on one channel? If you change the channel to use a different analog input (on the Input tab), does the problem remain?

If you attach your scene file to your post (see Choose File button below) we can check for any configuration issues.

• August 21, 2019
    • JohnGaia
      Paul_Vannatto

@JohnGaia wrote:

last week I noticed that I had to push up the Mic Gain to +60 on my Talk Back channel to get a good input level

I'm curious as to how/why you are using a talkback mic on an XR18. Typically talkback is from FOH with a snake to the inputs/outputs on stage. The XR18 is the stagebox (inputs/outputs) and is usually located on the stage. 

• August 21, 2019
    • JohnGaia
      JohnGaia

Hi,

I tried rerouting the input as you told me and the preamp worked it looks like the problem is coming from the stagebox (XR18), I attached the scene that I've been using since I got my hands on it.

RockBand.scn
      • August 22, 2019
    • JohnGaia
      RexBeckett

@JohnGaia wrote:

Hi,

I tried rerouting the input as you told me and the preamp worked it looks like the problem is coming from the stagebox (XR18), I attached the scene that I've been using since I got my hands on it.

@JohnGaia

Let me check if I understand correctly: The problem is with channel 16 (TB)? If you change the input to another preamp - say 15 - it works correctly? If yes to both, it may be a hardware problem. I would call your supplier.

I don't see anything in your scene that would cause this problem on channel 16. I noticed than channel 8 (VOX1) has a very high gain (60dB). Is this also because of a problem?

• August 22, 2019
  • kesha1
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-09-11

The X Air manual says that 18 channel recording could be done from the X18 to a USB recorder (not sure what multi channel USB recorder they mean).

Does it mean that X18 could be used as an 18 channel sound card with Ableton Live, and all the live instruments connected to the X18 inputs can be mixed and processed in Ableton Live?

Thank you.

read more...
    0 505
    • kesha1
      Paul_Vannatto

@kesha1 wrote:

Does it mean that X18 could be used as an 18 channel sound card with Ableton Live, and all the live instruments connected to the X18 inputs can be mixed and processed in Ableton Live?

Yes that is correct Charles. I use Reaper to do the same thing. If you are using a Mac or linux box, the X18 is Core compliant, meaning that added drivers are not required. If you are using a Windows PC, you will need to download and install the ASIO drivers (found here). Then in X-Air Edit, you assign the desired channels in the In/Out, USB Sends screen.

• September 10, 2019
    • kesha1
      kesha1

Thank you for your reply.

I am at the USB Sends screen, but I don't know how to assign some channels to play in Ableton Live. What should I click on?

• September 11, 2019
    • kesha1
      Paul_Vannatto

@kesha1 wrote:

I am at the USB Sends screen, but I don't know how to assign some channels to play in Ableton Live. What should I click on?

The USB Sends screen is a grid of USB outputs (left side) and input selection (top). The circles represent the assignments. The default is 1 to 1 (USB 1 assigned channel 1, tapped analog). The taps (bottom reference) are where in the signal path the signal is extracted to go out the USB channels. Analog is tapped just after the preamps (no channel processing). To change the taps, right click on the circle and select the taps.

• September 11, 2019
    • kesha1
      feet

Just got my XR18 today, lined up USB playback from DAW - using the EDIT program, very loud- I dont see any output on MAIN meters (aux yes)  and no adjustent of main sliders or channel sliders make any difference. Its as if Ive bypassed the mixer straight to main outs.

Do I need to make adjustment somewhere else in the mixer EDIT program to be able to see and control the output level?

• September 27, 2019
    • kesha1
      RexBeckett

@feet wrote:

Just got my XR18 today, lined up USB playback from DAW - using the EDIT program, very loud- I dont see any output on MAIN meters (aux yes)  and no adjustent of main sliders or channel sliders make any difference. Its as if Ive bypassed the mixer straight to main outs.

Do I need to make adjustment somewhere else in the mixer EDIT program to be able to see and control the output level?

@feet 

Hi Finlay, welcome to the community.

This could be a routing issue in the XR18. If you select a USB pair as the source for Main on the In/Out -> Main Out page, you will have no control of the output volume. Instead, set Main to Main LR and route the USB returns to channels or Aux using the In/Out -> USB Returns page. Then you can switch the channels to use the USB return on their Input tab - or use the USB Plugin button on the In/Out -> USB Returns page which switches all channes to USB. The Off (Analog) button switches all channels back to analogue inputs.

• September 27, 2019
  • calli
    Regular Contributor - Level 2
    2019-12-20

The manual warns in different places not to overload the patchpoints. Thats a good thing. They also list the ranges in the manual.

However, all INs take -5V to +5V but the ENV Out gives 0-8V. So are we supposed NOT to use this without attenuation?!

Carsten

read more...
    0 153
  • Yesbird
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-08

Hi guys !

I am playing with my Crave two last weeks and can't stop - wonderful toy with great sound. But I still have a question without an answer: according to manual Env is 0 to 8 V, while all other connectors are of +/-5 V. I am not sure that it is safe to attach Env to others, but in this case how can I use it ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

read more...
    0 165
    • Yesbird
      calli

I asked me the same and so I did in many other places....

No answer.

Please also go to the Support pages, fill a ticket, and even if the Crave is not in the list just use PRO-1 and write CRAVE! into your subject.

Carsten

• January 10, 2020
Go to page