Statistics

298,535 members
182,148 posts
  • New
    SteinbergerHack
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-06

I am using am X32 Rack with a HP laptop and ASIO driver.  Last night after a few hours of successful use, I started getting reset requests reported by the driver about three minutes into each take, which shut down the software and ruined the takes. 

Is this a known issue?  If so, what's the fix?  If not, where can I start looking for a resolution or work-around?

read more...
    0 31
    • SteinbergerHack
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Marshall, no this is not a known issue. What is the version of the ASIO drivers you are using?
      • December 6, 2020
    • SteinbergerHack
      SteinbergerHack 4.59.0.55004
      • December 6, 2020
    • SteinbergerHack
      SteinbergerHack X32 Rack FW is 3.08
      • December 6, 2020
      • X32 X-USB generating ASIO resets during tracking?
        Paul_Vannatto I would suggest you update the X32 Rack firmware to the latest (4.04). 3.08 is pretty old and I don't recall what was happening back then. Make sure you backup all scenes, snippets and library presets before updating.
        • ·
        • December 6, 2020
  • New
    SimonFinn
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-21

Hi all , first timer here (total noob) I've recently purchased this mixer but am struggling to find anything that has tips for some of the features eg the fx etc , any help.would be great , even of its just showing me where to find some videos / blogs on it , thanks ?

read more...
    0 49
  • New
    jkhamler
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-21

Hello.

This error has just come up on my DeepMind 6 and I'm not getting any sound out of it. Please can you advise - many thanks.

Jonathan

0 152
    • jkhamler
      DavidKnighton Hello jkhamler,
      Try running a firmware update on the device to see if that resolves the issue. If you continue to have the voice error, you will need to submit a SUPPORT ticket using the tab at the top of this page. Scroll down and click SERVICE REQUEST to initiate your ticket.
      • January 21, 2021
      • DeepMind 6 "voice failed to boot", "dsp failed to boot"
        jkhamler Thanks David. Touch wood it seems OK today. Essentially I tripped on a cable and catapulted it face down onto the floor. As you are aware they are fairly weighty so this caused a very large facepalm, especially when I realised that it no longer worked (error above).
        • January 22, 2021
  • New
    rodak99
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-02-22

Hi.  I found a couple of older threads here(one from 2016, one from early 2020) that addressed the exact issue I'm having, but there was never a resolution, so I thought I'd give it another try.

I have a UMC404HD, which works great with Zoom, Reaper, Audacity, etc, but I've found that Microsoft Skype and Teams apparently only recognize one channel for mic input.  (Channel 1 if I have 1/2 selected, Channel 3 if I have 3/4 selected).  Does anyone know of a "fix" or workaround for this?  I'm running the latest Behringer UMC driver(4.59.0.56775, 3/14/2019), and have tried disabling all audio enhancements in Control Panel, but no joy.  BTW, I'm running Windows 10, version 2004.

I do have an old Behringer mixer I could use on the side to combine the two inputs, but hated to go that far if there were a better way. (and I have enough wires on my desk already!)

Suggestions, anyone?

read more...
    0 110
    • rodak99
      RexBeckett Hi rodak99, if you get both channels with Zoom and Audacity, it is not a problem with the Windows driver or settings. If the Microsoft apps only use one side of the stereo input you will need to downmix your two channels to mono. You could do this with an external hardware mixer or by using a software mixer like VoiceMeeter. See: https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/
      • February 22, 2021
    • rodak99
      rodak99 Hey, thanks! Voicemeter works great, what a cool tool!
      • February 22, 2021
  • New
    bcole
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-24

Please help! 

I just purchased a UMC202HD, after registeration i downloaded the all softwares for mac but found that the installation dmg file was blocked, i am guessing this is a compatibility issue.

Could someone please help solve this?

Thank you.

read more...
    0 69
  • New
    FlavioB
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-04-09

Hi all.

I'm running firmware 4.06 and today I tried for the first time to record onto my USB pendrive. It's a 4 GB drive, most probably USB 2.0

I recorded at least 10-15 minutes, but when I transferred the file over to my computer, it showed 4:37... Ok, at first I did not care...

I started playing it with VLC and the file was completely damaged: skipping audio all over the whole duration of the file!!!

Is this a known issue? Any help will be appreciated - TIA!

Flavio.

read more...
    0 47
    • FlavioB
      RexBeckett Hi Flavio, it has been found that this sort of problem is usually due to the USB drive and/or formatting. Try with a good-quality (e.g. SanDisk) USB 2.0 drive of upto 32GB capacity. The drive must be formatted as FAT32 - preferably on a Windows PC. On a Mac, use the FAT32 (MSDos) option.
      • April 10, 2021
  • New
    Waelkawad
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-03

Hello Tribe,
    i am new with the XR18 ad XR air edit, i am using it at the church.

1. I was wondering how to hear to SOLO on the same PC i am using to control the mixer which is using Windows 10.
    2. Also, how can i record the session on the same PC?

thank you for your help,

God bless.

read more...
    0 34
    • Waelkawad
      Dale_M Hi there, the X AIR EDIT software does not actually pass audio: think of it as your computer being a rather large remote control for the actual XR18 mixer. If you want to use the solo and actually record your sessions you need to connect the mixer to your computer using your choice of DAW such Cubase, ProTools etc.
      • November 3, 2021
  • New
    MINISuperCooper
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-05

Hi, All,

I bought a UMC404HD last summer, and I have never gotten it to work.  (I haven't had time to mess with it honestly.)  I have a MacBook Pro. I'm still running Big Sur just because I'm always in the middle of something and can't take the risk of something going wrong with an update.  I'm getting no sound at all through the UMC404.  I set it to the audio device and nothing.  I cannot get anything to come through it.  I can't get any sound to move from my computer to the interface and into the monitors.  (I use Logic Pro, and of course, it's not getting sound either.)  I'm at a loss.  Anyone else run into this?  Is it possible to reset the interface maybe?

Thank you!

read more...
    0 31
    • MINISuperCooper
      Nigel67 Hi MINISuperCooper. If you go into the USB settings on your Mac, is the UMC being seen?

If you go into System Preferences, and then click on Sound.  This will open a new window that has three tabs called Sound Effects, Output and Input.  Select the Input tab as this is where you are selecting the source of the audio coming into the Mac.  In the box below it, you should then have a choice of microphone or the UMC.  This should be selected to the UMC.  Below this, is an input level meter.  If you play audio from the UMC through the USB connection then you should see the bargraph going up and down with the audio.  You may have to turn the gain up on the input  to get enough gain to see the meter moving.  If it doesn't, then it may be that you have an issue with the USB port on the UMC.  If it does show on the meter then the USB is working and you have a set up issue with the DAW.  Also try another USB cable in case the one you are using is broken.  Do you have another computer that you can try?

I would also advise if possible not to use a USB Hub as some can cause issues, and try every USB socket on your Mac as some may not work with the mixer.    There shouldn't be any issues though as all have been confirmed to work. Also make sure that the USB port that you are using is USB2 compatible and try some of the others on the computer

Let me know what you find and we can go from there.  When you are sending audio from the UMC to the computer, can you plug some speakers into the main outs on the rear of the unit and see if you have output from there. If you don't, then there will not be any audio going to the computer. Do you hear audio on headphones if you plug them into the UMC headphone socket.
      • December 5, 2021
  • New
    McElviss
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-02-14

Hi, we use an X-Touch connected to an Xr16 for live use. I'm struggling to find anything that tells me what I can control if I attach footswitches or an expression pedal, how to assign/configure etc. Do they work in Xctl?

Any pointers or links greatly appreciated

read more...
    0 10
  • New
    sylva1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-24

Hi all!

I only found 1 (one) discussion about this USB interface, so here's my issue:

I am a composer, mainly using orchestral sample libraries, so I am NOT recording anything live. I want to use this interface for 8 discreet outputs (tracks) to an 8 channel amplifier. The musical material would come from a DAW through 8 discreet outputs into the U-Phoria. Everything is NON-surround multichannel, so no need for any kind of detection schemes such as Dolby, DTS, THX, etc. Since the orchestra is not a surround instrument (listeners are facing it frontally, the orchestra in general is not grouped around them) I would place the instruments on tracks that will be directed throuch the 8 channels as they are seeted on the stage. This is stereo of course, with the usual reflections coming from the hall's walls, ceiling and public, stage depth and hight simulation, etc., but NOT surround. 

So, finally here's my question: does the U-Phoria's driver circumvent Window's 2 channel only output so that I can output on 8 discreet channels, or it is a stereo only driver, and of it's stereo only, would I still be able to use ASIO4ALL or Jack for Windows to output 8 discreet channels to U-Phoria's 8 discreet outputs?

If my writing is not clear enough, PLEASE let me know. What I am hoping for is some orchestral composers/engineers who are also technical. And, by the way, is there a possibility to use the U-Phoria's clock to synchronize with a second device? The user's manual I have is quite lacking in technical details, or am I wrong?

Thank you, John.

read more...
    1 25
    • sylva1
      NicJonesMT Hi John.
      The driver only give you a stereo out for windows playback, but as you have stated you are using a DAW you can route the audio in your chosen software to the 8 outputs.
      • Mar 28
    • sylva1
      sylva1

Thank you very much! Still, I don't understand why Behringer then produces an 8 channel output USB interface, if it is not ready to create a driver that puts out on 8 discrete channels, irrespective of what Micro$oft does? J.

• Mar 29
    • sylva1
      ChristopherHarrison8

Hi Silva. Thank you for offering to discuss these issues. I take it you are a composer? This is great. It turns out, do you write music? I confess that I admire talented people. As a child, I dreamed of becoming a famous poet, but, as it turned out, I can’t even make two sentences. Now I am contacting this service https://www.topessaywriting.org/samples/movie-analysis In college, I was given the task of writing an analysis essay, on this source I found just a free example of just this type of essay. Moreover, here you can find examples on various topics. It's cool, because it helps me a lot in my studies. This company also employs professional writers who are ready to write a written work for me. So you can enjoy all the delights of student life.

• Jun 24
Go to page