Statistics

306,100 members
190,449 posts
  • motdue
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-21

Put a ticket into the Behringer care portal a week ago and have not even received a response that they have received it, so thought I would post the question here. Using several different keyboard controllers (Akai MPK249, Akai MAX 25 and the Crave synthesizer) I can only get the unit to play only one pitch no matter what key is pressed. I tried this using both USB and 5 pin midi connections (disconnecting the respective others when testing). Still only one pitch no matter what note was pressed on the keyboard. Then tried connection of Crave to the Model D using CV connections only and was able to get corresponding pitch to match what was being played on the Crave keyboard. All other functions of the synth are working including filters, envelopes, etc. Pitch can also be modulated using the LFO. To sum up, using CV inputs from the Crave I can control the pitch of the Model D from the Crave keyboard but using USB and Midi 5 pin connections from Crave and 2 other midi controllers I only get 1 pitch no matter what note on keyboard is pressed. I always got a sound just only one pitch. I have attached a graphic of the SynthTool connected to the Model D. Thought maybe reloading the firmware might help (even though I am running the latest version) but SynthTool gives no option to reload. Thanks in advance for any help.

SynthTool info.jpg
    read more...
    0 79
  • Philmoore174
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-16
    Can a P1 IEM amp run off a 12V plugpack?
    0 113
    • Philmoore174
      RexBeckett The P1 can run from a 9V 100mA centre-negative power supply. I would not connect a 12V supply.
      • June 16, 2020
    • Philmoore174
      paulop Probably yes, but don't take my word for granted. Most of these circuits are based on op-amps and regulators that usually are rated up to 30 or so volts, but again, it's your risk. make sure you use a center negative plug, that's important.
      • July 2, 2020
  • BigFire
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-08-17

First of all, you're doing an amazing job! The Wing is incredible for features/money. I've used it live, in a remote recording situation, and as a DAW controller. The only 2 things I really wish I had at my disposal are 2 FX emulations - I'm missing an LA-3A and some kind of pitch correction. Any chance we may get these in future updates?

Thanks!

read more...
    1 33
    • BigFire
      Dale_M Hi Craig we can't make any promises but we will pass your remarks over to the R&D team.
      • August 17, 2020
  • TobiasOpskeer
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-26

Hi, 

I've recently found out that on my deepmind 12 the square wave osc of voice nr 3 is seemingly not working correctly. The volume output of this particular voice is way lower than all others. When using only the sine wave there seems to be no volume difference though. I've re-calibrated the unit and checked on a default patch if the issue was gone, but unfortunately it's still present. I have no clue on what to do now. I hope you guys can help!

Greetings,

Tobias

read more...
    0 493
    • TobiasOpskeer
      DaveMorrison Is it oscillator 1 or 2's square wave (on voice 3) that is abnormal? If osc 1, are the other waveforms fine? If osc 2, does sweeping the pulse width modulation ever make this voice similar to the others? Since these are all discrete chips, I would recommend opening a support ticket (use the menu at the top of this page).
      • August 26, 2020
      • Deepmind 12 one of the voices square wave not working
        TobiasOpskeer Thx for the quick response. It's Only the square wave of osc 1 (on voice 3). Osc 1 sine and osc 2 are working fine. When I do the oscillator check in the calibration menu I also get a fail for the 3rd voice (see added picture).
        • August 26, 2020
    • TobiasOpskeer
      DaveMorrison Ow. That's looks like a job for Behringer Support.
      • August 26, 2020
    • TobiasOpskeer
      NicJonesMT Hi Tobias.
      If possible could you please confirm the following;

Firmware version you are using?
      Have you tried a factory reset and does it still occur?
      Has this only recently developed or has this always occurred?
      Can you provide more information your setup (Connected devices, Power outlets{Using a strip with other devices for example} ETC)
      Can you confirm how you have the physical parameters are set on the Deepmind when this issue first occurred?
      • August 27, 2020
        TobiasOpskeer Thank you Nic!
        • September 14, 2020
        Ashee Hi Tobias. Just wondering if you ever found a solution for this? I have the exact same problem, but on voice number 10. Thank you.
        • November 9, 2020
    • TobiasOpskeer
      kevindeluca

i have the same issue on my DM12 on voice 6 and 10. Voice check failed on these two voices for pulse/square wave. Any solutions/news to this topic?

• Aug 10
  • danielkimdk93
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-21

Hi,

I currently have the xr18 connected to macbook via usb B to C. I have three channels routed to send to the mac(guitar, keys, mic). Is there a way to listen to the three channels through the macbook? Thanks in advance.

0 108
    • danielkimdk93
      DaveMorrison Are you asking about listen to these signals using the macbook's speaker? There are possibilities. Do you want to monitor the DAW's main (or monitor) bus? Can you provide more details?
      • October 21, 2020
    • danielkimdk93
      KyleJohnson Hi Daniel, Kyle here with Music Tribe. As Dave mentioned, It's possible to send audio from the XR18 to your Macbook via USB. That being said, the X Air Edit software itself does not actually pass or process audio, it is for control and metering only. To send audio between the XR18 and your Macbook you will need a DAW (recording software) or another software capable of sending and receiving audio. Some examples of a DAW would be Tracktion, Reaper, Audacity, Garageband, Logic, Pro Tools.
      • October 22, 2020
  • New
    Hiortintexas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-22

I have the X32 Rack new for the church.

Im now trying to set it up for my rather simple setup but I want to make notes as I do ir for busses and sub groups.

Anyone have a routing sheet template that they use that they care to share ?

Thanks

Christer

read more...
    1 422
  • New
    georgecollins94
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-06

Heya! Just disovered that the Wing Live recording system (onto the SD card slots) puts a nice big click at the start of each file (of which happens every 4GB). Obviously that aint great ha!

Is this the correct place to report it to Behringer...?!

read more...
    0 42
    • georgecollins94
      mikedones I got the same thing last night also. 12/07/20 all my tracks have it in the same location.
      • December 8, 2020
    • georgecollins94
      ThorstenBösing That is strange, have not noticed it on mine. Have you the latest Firmware on it ? Witch SD Card Brand do you use ?
      • December 13, 2020
  • New
    Rumfitt
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-21

I am finding that if I leave my XR18 connected to the X Air Edit on my Mac, after a while (a couple of minutes?) it will disconnect from X Air Edit unless I am sending sound from the mac to the mixer, and I then have to reconnect and resynch with the mixer in order to adjust the volume of the Mac's USB input. The mixer is still working - I just can't control it without reconnecting.

It's possible that this occurs when the X Air Edit app loses focus - it retains the connection for a while but doesn't appear to be able to keep it without being the active window. This is not a network issue - I can maintain a constant ping in the background to the mixer with latecy of less than 1ms and connectivity is excellent. The connection re-establshes as soon as it is requested.

The X Air App on the iPad does not appear to behave in this way and stays connected even if there is no input active on the mixer. The app remains in the foreground, which may be a factor, but it doesn't seem to disconnect if the screen locks..

Is there any way to stop the XR18 disconnecting from X Air Edit? This has become an issue because if I am waiting for someone to come on a Zoom/Skype/Meet call and it doesn't have any input yet, X Air Edit has timed out and I have to re-synch before I can adjust the levels when they come on the call.

Thanks

read more...
    0 563
    • Rumfitt
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Mike, the issue is not with the X-Air Edit app, since it doesn't timeout at all in Linux, Windows or Raspberry Pi version of the app. There is probably some network setting in the Mac that is making it timeout.
      • December 21, 2020
    • Rumfitt
      DavidKnighton Hello Mike,
      Newer Mac OS has a setting called APP NAP that will essentially put your app to sleep if it is minimized or running in the background. This is to help keep resources and battery life at maximum for your system. You can disable APP NAP globally and see if it resolves the issue. Most apps offer the option to disable APP NAP feature individually, but ours currently does not, so you have to make use of the global option. Our developers have been notified of this conflict with the Mac OS feature and are hoping to release a fix in the next app update, but currently no ETA on when that will happen.
      • December 22, 2020
    • Rumfitt
      Rumfitt Thanks, both, for your comments. I am going to try the app on a different mac and see if the same thing happens so I can establish if it's just this machine or all OSX machines. As I said, it doesn't seem to be an issue on iPad, though IOS is less good at multi-tasking. The X Air App on IOS is not as good as X Air Edit on OSX, though IMHO.

The App Napp thing is entirely new to me, though I've been working with Macs for years - I checked and the app does show as napped in the Activity Monitor under the Energy tab, so maybe that is the issue. I shall try the global disable and reboot.

Many thanks.
      • December 22, 2020
    • Rumfitt
      Rumfitt David, running the global disable on App Napp has fixed it for now, and the app stays connected even when I'm using another app (like now). Obviously disabling this globally has consequences for the other apps running in the OS, so I would add my +1 for adding this into the app options as a request if there is a way to do that?
      • December 22, 2020
      • X Air Edit connection to XR18 times out when inactive.
        DavidKnighton Hello Mike, thanks for confirming. In my personal opinion, if you're running enough applications on your Mac to where APP NAP would be beneficial, then you should probably just close out all your unused apps rather than leaving them open. If your apps are not in immediate use, then why have them open at all? It's kinda like leaving the fridge door open on the off chance you might need to grab a beverage, except the fridge turns itself off to conserve energy.
        • December 22, 2020
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2021-01-06
    TA5212
    bit.ly/Behringer-TA5212

Learn more here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10dMfCwjKcU&feature=youtu.be

Whether you’re mixing a recording or conferencing, you want a talkback microphone that delivers transparent vocals across an ultra-wide dynamic range. Our TA5212 gooseneck microphone feature to fulfill your needs in all areas – studios, podiums and conferences, doesn’t matter where you are – at a price that is very kind to every budget!

List Price: $29

#Behringer #TA5212 #Gooseneck #Condenser #Microphone #VocalApplications
    read more...
    1 94
  • New
    giova942
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-08

Hi, up until UMC driver 4.38, there was this option in Windows Audio control panel to choose between full range left and right speakers and small surround speakers.

With UMC driver 5.0 this option is not available anymore. How can I be sure that Windows is indeed using the full range left and right speakers option?

My audio interface is an UMC204HD. Does the new version of the driver automatically select the right option?

Thanks.

read more...
    0 411
    • giova942
      RexBeckett Hi, recent versions of the UMC driver assume full-range speakers. I also find it beneficial to disable all enhancements in Windows sound control for both playback and recording on the UMC interface device.
      • March 8, 2021
      • UMC 5.0 driver and full range speakers (Windows 10)
        giova942 Thanks for answering.
        • March 8, 2021
Go to page