Statistics

254,575 members
132,277 posts
  • Navelpluisje
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-12
    I own a UMC404HD and am happy with it. Me and a friend are going to do more recording outside my home studio and I am going to place the UMC404HD in a rack. The problem I have now is that the phantom power switch is on the back and will be badly accessible inside a rack. Because we have also a small ribbon mic, we need the ability to turn off phantom power. Are there people here who moved the switch outside the UMC404HD body?
    read more...
    0 60
  • hellotribe
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-08-06

Hello.

I am using multiple tools to control XR18 via API commands. But I never found a command to increase/decrease volume on channel by certain dB. You can set certain levels for sure, but it would be very convenient to modify current volume. Is there such command?

read more...
    0 42
    • hellotribe
      Paul_Vannatto The X-Air (and X32) uses the OSC protocol as its "mother tongue". All settings are absolute and point-in-time. So there is no relative or time-based commands available in OSC. But there is a solution, using Live Toolbox and its tidbits (snippets on steroids). Tidbits include both increase and decrease by desired db value. Also included are time based commands such as fade and xfade (cross fade). and its tidbits (snippets on steroids). Tidbits include both increase and decrease by desired db value. Also included are time based commands such as fade and xfade (cross fade).

Other apps that use the Live Toolbox engine are MX Terminal (chat like app) and LT_Command (command line app).

https://sourceforge.net/projects/xairlivetoolbox/
      https://sourceforge.net/projects/mx-terminal/
      https://sourceforge.net/projects/lt-command/
      • August 6, 2020
      • X-AIR Api command to increase volume by +5dB
        hellotribe Thank you Paul. I was able to get what I wanted using these tidbits:
        Increase channel 2 fader to 5 db
        Decrease channel 2 fader to 5 db

First of all I updated both Live Toolbox and LT_Command. Then was able to send a tidbit using LT_Command:
        -c -i ip-address -p portnumber -t tidbitname.tid -e
        • August 6, 2020
      • X-AIR Api command to increase volume by +5dB
        Paul_Vannatto Wonderful Johnny! Enjoy the richness of the Live Toolbox commands.
        • ·
        • August 6, 2020
  • DonLFaulkner
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-29

I'm an old guy  not familiar with the new tech. I have a eurorack ub 2442fx-pro and no clue on how to get the sound I know this thing has

0 29
    • DonLFaulkner
      PedroRodrigues Hi DonLFaulkner unfortunately we do not provide diagrams to end users, for all the information available to customers please follow the link below https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0136
      • August 30, 2020
      • where can I find diagrams for adding components like a stereo eq and wireless mic receiver?
        DonLFaulkner obviously if I'm here I've already been there so you're telling me that information is nowhere on this website and after buying your products the customer has to figure it out for themselves?
        • ·
        • December 18, 2020
      • where can I find diagrams for adding components like a stereo eq and wireless mic receiver?
        PedroRodrigues Hi,Dan, effectively we provide all the information that regard using the unit and how to set them up but we do not endorse any self-repair process such as the one you have mentioned on your original request
        “where can I find diagrams for adding components like a stereo eq and wireless mic receiver?”
        In these cases, you can find all the information available on the manual for this legacy unit by following the link below:
        https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0136
        Thank you
        • December 21, 2020
  • GeorgeDougherty
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-09-27

What exactly do the note buttons across the bottom do?   I thought they were a key selector but noticed you can have multiple notes toggled.  They light red so I'm assuming maybe it's a disable correction for that note?

0 39
  • New
    mletalien
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-25

Recently spent some time on my x32, and realized that the monitor mixes (via bus mixes) were all set to post fader. Although I hav read these should be set to prefader, I am not sure why that would be the case, as I assume the faders in question are the faders that affect the monitor mix level, NOT The faders controlling FOH. Is this not the case? Any advice/info would be appreciated. Thanks! 

read more...
    0 54
    • mletalien
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Mark, the taps (prefader, postfader, etc.) are in relation to the channel fader (to FOH). With the tap set at post fader, that means as you adjust the channel fader for FOH, it will also affect the level sent to the respective mixbus. For feeding FX (eg. reverb), that is what you want in order to maintain the dry/wet ratio. For feeding monitor mixes, you definitely don't want that. Instead you want anything but post fader (or subgroup).
      • November 25, 2020
      • Pre Fader or Post Fader for Bus Mixes for Monitors?
        mletalien Hi Paul, thanks for your help and sorry to put you through the ringer today! Okay, that makes sense...I think I was looking at it from the wrong angle. So just to be clear, in this example, Output 1 is being used as a monitor and is being sent out via MixBus 1...the Tap should be set to Prefdr rather than Postfader, b/c if the fader on a channel is increased to increase the volume through the front of house, that will also affect a monitor mix, correct? Thanks!!
        • November 25, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Mark, that screen you are showing are the output taps. What I described was about the channel sends tap (select a channel, then the sends screen). Output taps are in relation to the output fader. In your case (on the screen), that tap is in relation to the mixbus 1 master fader, which should be post fader, so that you can adjust the overall mix (of mixbus 1) by it's master fader.
        • ·
        • November 25, 2020
        mletalien Hi Paul, thank you for your continued help! So, what you are saying is this should be okay? In that they are set Post EQ (but not Post Fader)? 13 and 14 are effects so I assume that would be okay? Also (and sorry to ask), where do you within the console to change these settings? Please and thank you!
        • November 25, 2020
        RexBeckett Hi Mark, in the version of the scene that you and I were discussing last week, all the channel-to-bus send taps are correct - apart from channel 16 (Sax) which I suspect you do not use.

When you are viewing the Sends page on the console, press the Down-Arrow key to display the signal tap controls.
        • ·
        • November 25, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Mark, to change the tap of any channel on the console, use the down arrow (left, right, up, down arrows beside the display) to display the second layer of that screen. Then use the 3rd or 5th encoder to adjust the tap. These taps are in pairs (eg. mixbus 1/2, 3/4).
        • ·
        • November 25, 2020
    • mletalien
      mletalien Thanks Paul and Rex, you guys are great....appreciate your knowledge very much!!!
      • November 25, 2020
  • New
    JDLX
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-10

Hi there! I use an audio interface from behringer : U-Phoria UMC 404 HD . the drivers version : 4.59.0.

Today i faced a problem with the clarity  of my sound

It started poping and cracking

This problen occures only when i move my mouse or if change page on my chrome web browzer,

I have tried many possible solutions found on the internet but nothing fixes it

I would appreciate a solution to my problem

Thanks alot

John

read more...
    0 51
  • New
    STUGATS
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-25

Hey there, im making this post because im running into the issue of my td-3 slowly getting more out of sync the longer it plays. it starts out at 1/32 and a half out of sync but it gets up to 1/16 note out of sync. ive been messing around with the settings in ableton but it doesnt fix it. its connected by a USB cable for midi and connected to a scarlett2i4 audio interface to get it to my computer.

how can i get it to sync properly?

read more...
    2 38
  • New
    SteveFeldman
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-10

Hi My BCF 2000 Powers On then off then on then off again non-stop. Anyone have an idea of what itmay be and how I can repair it quickly? Thank you so much, Stephen Feldman, Palm Springs, Ca.

0 46
    • SteveFeldman
      Nigel67 Hi Stephen. Until we look at the unit, it would be very difficult to identify the issue. It is either the power supply that is failing as soon as you put it under load, or a faulty component pulling down the psu when you turn it on. If you do not have access to a spare psu, I can only suggest clicking on the support tab at the top of the page, scrolling down the new page that opens and submitting a service ticket where one of my colleagues will be able to book your unit in for repair.
      • Jan 10
  • New
    donkeyXP
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-24

Does someone know if electro static charges can break audio interfaces? I had one on mine. I was trying to clean dust with a dust wiper. (UMC404 HD)

0 37
    • donkeyXP
      RexBeckett Hi donkeyXP, electrostatic discharge (ESD) can damage any electronic device. Most products contain protection against ESD but a large enough dischage can still cause damage. Are you now having problems with your UMC404HD?
      • Jan 24
      • Question
        donkeyXP I tested the mic and it still works. Does the outer case of the Interface not protect the parts inside? And how can I prevent ESD?
        • Jan 25
      • Question
        RexBeckett The outer case offers a lot of protection but a large ESD to one of the connectors could still cause damage. ESD can be minimized by discharging any static build-up before touching sensitive equipment. The simple way to do this is by touching some grounded metal. In cold conditions the humidity drops and the risk of ESD increases.

People who work with sensitive electronics often wear grounded wrist-straps to prevent static build-up.
        • Jan 25
  • New
    MartinPressmar
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-05-15

Hello Tribe Community,

The wing dante card is around the corner, does anyone knows the process to put the brooklyn card into the internal slot without loosing warannty?

How much does this service screw driver intervention cost?

Many thanks,

Martin

read more...
    0 50
    • MartinPressmar
      GaryHiggins I don’t know that the warranty is voided officially. It could be if something is hurt in the process and then you try to get that particular thing fixed, but why should that happen at all? The choice is to do it yourself and take the chance or not at all I think.
      • May 16
Go to page