Statistics

250,514 members
127,680 posts
  • New
    Steelewolf
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-13

Hi,

I just got a new USB drive for use with my X32 Rack, but it only supports NTFS and exFAT file systems. I saw on the Behringer Wiki, linked here that the 2-track recording works with FAT12, FAT16, and FAT32 formatted drives. My question here then is, can I use an exFAT formatted drive with my X32 console?

Thanks

read more...
    0 91
    • Steelewolf
      Paul_Vannatto No, the X32 only support the FAT32 (as well as the older FAT16 and FAT12). The recorder/playback is meant to be used with a USB stick, not a drive
      • Apr 13
  • New
    Rondebw
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-01

Can there be different sets of 16 channels be setup during the routing?   Musicians could focus more on breaking down drums etc.   the vocalists could have 1 channel for drums and isolate more individual mics.  

0 32
    • Rondebw
      Paul_Vannatto If you are using a stagebox (such as S16, SD8, SD16, etc.) you can assign different signals to the AES50 33-48 than the Ultranet (which is hardwired to the Ultranet on the back of the X32). If you are using more than one stagebox, you could connnect one stagebox AES50 cable to the X32 AES50 A port and the other stagebox AES50 cable to the B port. That would give you 3 different P16 set of signals.
      • Jun 1
    • Rondebw
      Rondebw

Thanks for the response. We are running cat5 to A stage box. Attaching a P16D and running the P16M’s off it.

• Jun 1
      • Setting up P16M’s connection to X32
        Paul_Vannatto Then run another shielded cat5e, cat6 or cat7 from the Ultranet port in the back of the X32 to the second set of P16. That way whatever you assign on the Routing, Ultranet screen will go to the second set of P16. Whatever you assign to the Routing, AES50 33-48 will go to the first set of P16.
        • Jun 1
    • Rondebw
      Rondebw

Can a P16D be plugged into a stage box? Would those 8 channels be the p16 sets given to that stage box?

• Jun 2
      • Setting up P16M’s connection to X32
        GaryHiggins Yes a P16D can get its inputs from the Stagebox ultranet port. It will then be sourced by whatever aes50a 33-48 is set to be. As Paul said, the stageboxes always use aes50 33-48 BUT aes50 33-48 can be changed to many different things. By default it is set for P16 1-8 and 9-16 (which of course matches the ultranet routing menu) but you can change that to, for instance "out 1-8" an "out 9-16" etc etc. That is how the stagebox and mixer can have different ultranet sources. The X32 mixer ultranet port on the other hand is hardwired to the ultranet out routing menu assignments and not aes50 33-48.
        • Jun 3
    • Rondebw
      Rondebw

Thanks to all for helping me out with this.

• Jun 5
  • New
    AndyLanham
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-17

I am trying to put effects into my vocal mics on my P16 in ear system. There doesn't seem to be a way to do it as a mix with channel out. Any help would be appreciated.

1 63
    • AndyLanham
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Andy, which console are you using with the P16? Instructions for sending FX to P16 differs between consoles.
      • Jun 17
      • p16 effects
        DanO1963 Paul, I have the same question basically. Im using an X18 mixer, and 5 of the P16M, so I really have 2 questions. 1 can I get effects in the P16? secondly which is really a FOH effects question. What are the best effects to use p
        • Aug 21
      • p16 effects
        DanO1963 And what are the effect settings?
        • Aug 21
    • AndyLanham
      AndyLanham

x32

• Jun 18
    • AndyLanham
      Paul_Vannatto On the Routing, Ultranet (or P16) screen, assign the appropriate FX return, such as the FX1L and FX1R for the first FX return (wet signal).
      • Jun 19
      • p16 effects
        AndyLanham yes but that makes it all effects with no main and doesnt sound good. delays have a mix option but not halls or chamber reverbs.
        • Jun 19
      • p16 effects
        AndyLanham thanks for responding btw
        • Jun 19
    • AndyLanham
      Paul_Vannatto You could setup one of the FX slots just for the P16, simply by disabling the FX return, Main LR. That way you can send to that FX the way you want it to sound in the P16.

Yes that is correct that all reverbs do not have mix options in the X-Air/M-Air as well as the X32/M32.
      • Jun 19
  • New
    rnelson67
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-04

Hello everyone, im looking for original knobs (aux sends) for a Behringer mixing desk. 

Does anyone know how I can source them?

Thanks

0 44
    • rnelson67
      Nigel67 Hi rnelson67. You can try our spares department. They can be contacted by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Spare Parts tab and submit a ticket. A colleague will then get back to you with pricing and availability. Many thanks
      • Jul 4
  • New
    GioBlackmon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-19

Is there a quick fix to correct my AES50 inputs if they are red? I have two SD16s and can't connect with either one on A or B. When I connect to A the error says 'X32' and stays red. When I connect to B, A says 'X32' and B says 'SD16' and stays red.

read more...
    0 35
    • GioBlackmon
      Paul_Vannatto Make sure that the AES50 cable is connected to the S16 port A and the S16 is in mode 1 (no lights on SN Master, Out+8, etc.) and the X32 is set to master clock (sync is internal).
      • Jul 19
    • GioBlackmon
      GioBlackmon

I've had these SD16s for about two years and they have worked flawlessly for me. Now when I plug into AES50, it flashes for n/n quickly and the light is green. When I go to AES50 B, both AES50 A and B are red and the SD16 flashes red on the B side.

• Jul 19
    • GioBlackmon
      Paul_Vannatto The AES50 cable has to go into the S16 A port only. It will not sync in the B port.
      • Jul 19
  • New
    DJ51627
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-06

The specs (meaning things like frequency response, noise, latency, etc.), the preamps, the sound, the quality...is it all exactly the same on every model in the U-Phoria line...the UMC1820 and the UMC404HD, for example?

Thanks.

read more...
    0 32
    • DJ51627
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi DJ51627, The specs are not all the same for the U-Phoria line. The UMC202HD, 204HD, and 404HD are the same for the most part, however, the UMC22 and UM2 along with the UMC1820 do have some differences within their spec. Please also note that the UM2 and UMC22 will run off different drivers to the other models.

I would recommend reviewing the Quickstart guide on the product page below which will show all specs for all models except the UMC1820 to get a closer look at the differences, these can be found on pages 42-47.

https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BJZ

For the UMC1820 please review the following page:

https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0B2J
      • Aug 5
  • New
    AlvarezJorge
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-12

BUENAS COMUNIDAD E TENIDO PROBLEMAS DE SONIDO CON MI NUEVO POLY D EL CUAL SU SEÑAL DE AUDIO EN LA SALIDA MAIN ES MUY BAJA EN COMPARACION CON CUALQUIERA DE MIS SHYNTS ,DE ECHO SALE MUCHA MAS SEÑAL POR LA SALIDA PHONES QUE POR EL MAIN.

0 6
  • jsin
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-03

Using a new Behringer X-Touch Compact. Issue is the encoder knobs take two full wrist twists to go from 0-127 meaning I have to twist a knob twice to pan from left to right. If we grab a knob to sweep a filter or pan from left to right it's impossible to do it smoothly due ot having to twist the knob twice. It's basically taking twice the time to scan values from 0-127. Is anyone else having this issue? Sweetwater said their other units behave the same way. I cannot imagine an audio engineer putting up with this. Anyone know what's up? How do I make the knob behave normally (meaning a twist from 7 oclock to 5 oclock) ? Hoping to hang onto it. Need insight...  

read more...
    0 107
    • jsin
      KenMitchell

Hi Jason ( @jsin ), 

Welcome to the community.  Are you using it with a mixer or with a DAW?  If a DAW, what DAW are you using?  Depending on the DAW, you may be able to increase your step size for the encoders. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• February 3, 2020
    • jsin
      jsin

Hey KenMitchell , 

I'm using with Abelton Live. I tried both MC & Hui mode. Tech support @ Sweetwater said they were experiencing the same issue. I spent two nights trying to find a solution. I've looked up scripts etc. but have never made or edited a custom controller script. Seems like an whole other can of worms. Are you aware of a way to make it work? Many thanks...  

• February 3, 2020
  • Bob4
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-29

I am new to running sound at our church. There was no one else to do it, so I purchased an X32, stage box, etc. etc. Figured out how to get it working and it's been a year. However, there are still lots I don't know or use or probably didn't setup right.

I wish I had some who really knows this to basically go through my X32 to see how it's setup and where and how it could/should be changed for our use. I realize that "if it ain't broke don't fix it", but There is more to learning this thing and I'm burned out from spending months trying to learn and figure stuff out by piecemeal from YouTube, blogs, this forum etc.

I just was a thoroughly knowledgeable person to go through my X32 with me. Do you know of any consultants I can hire for a video conference call?

Our church is in Amman, Jordan. So It has to be a video conference call, and I can share the computer too, to look at it through the desktop app. 

read more...
    0 98
    • Bob4
      RexBeckett

Hello @Bob4 , welcome to the community. It sounds as though you have done an amazing job of getting the sound system working. This is not an easy task without prior knowledge of sound engineering.

I cannot help with suggestions for an online consultant but we have some very experienced and knowledgeable members in this community. If you save your scene and attach the .scn file to your post (see Choose File button below), we wil be able to see how the console is configured and feed back any suggestions.

• February 28, 2020
    • Bob4
      GaryHiggins

@Bob4 

https://dbbaudio.com

I believe Drew used to have a service, not sure any more. Anyway lots of stuff here!

• February 28, 2020
  • andresmanosalva
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-29

Hola, acabo de comprar el mixer Xenix q502usb para grabar con un Microfono B-2Pro en una laptop Dell Inspiron 1420 con Windows 7 Ultimate, para resumir instalè el sotware (Audacity win- 1.2.6) y nada mas, cuando conecto la xenix q502usb a la laptop me anula todo sonido del laptop y cuando intento grabar con el B-2Pro no lo hace y graba con el micro de la laptop. me pueden ayudar a solucionar esto? Muchas Gracias.

read more...
    0 94
    • andresmanosalva
      RexBeckett

@andresmanosalva 

Hello Andres, welcome to the community.

That is a very old version of Audacity. You can get the latest (2.4.1) from Audacity Downloads. There are options in Audacity for the recording input and playback output devices:

Audacity IO.PNG

If you cannnot see these, click on View -> Toolbars and enable Device Toolbar.

I don't know how well the B-2 mic will work with the Q502USB. The B-2 requires 48V phantom power but the Q502USB only supplies 15V.

• May 28, 2020
Go to page