254,561 members
132,262 posts
  • MrSammon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-12

k-2 slow to react to key strikes. 

0 47
    • MrSammon
      JoeRivers96 Hi MrSammon. What controller are you using here? Is this over MIDI? Have you tried with a number of different keyboards? How do you have your ADSR envelope set?
      • September 14, 2020
  • Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-27

Hi - hoping someone can help me as I've done research but still can't figure out what I need.

I recently bought an X32 Rack.  Objective is to 1) have a system where I can use the X32 Rack so each member of the band (5 people) can control their own IEMs and can also control PA speaker output with the app if there is no FOH mixer/person 2) also be setup so that if there is a FOH mixer/person we can give control to the sound engineer to run PA output but the band still has control of our own IEMs. Whatever is easiest to use and least amount of connections, even if it's a little more expensive that's fine.  Just having trouble understanding what else I need to purchase and how the hookups will work.  Thank you!

read more...
    0 98
    • Mike7300
      DaveMorrison You could do it with equipment you already have. 8XLR + 6 1/4 inch outputs is 14 separate signals. You need 12? 10 for stereo IEMs and two for LR to send to FOH. You need 10 mix busses for 5 stereo IEM mixes. You should have 12 free—four are for FX returns. You can use Behringer's MX-Q app for the individual monitor mixes or use the highly rated "Mixing Station". You can use Behringer's P1 or P2 headphone amplifiers to feed the earphones. Or you can use five P16 systems or three P48 systems.
      • September 27, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 Here’s the breakdown: we have 5 IEM wireless systems (different brands), 4 vocal mic’s (1 is a wireless unit), 1 wireless guitar unit for acoustic guitar to go straight to PA, 2 electric guitars which amps will be mic’d, bass guitar which will be straight using DI, and mics for drums, which not totally sure how many mics we plan to use for drums. And then we will have 2 main speakers and one sub.
      • September 27, 2020
    • Mike7300
      DaveMorrison If you only have 5 Stereo IEMs and the LR and Subs, you still have one extra output. If you you the C (center) Bus for the subs, you still have 12 busses for monitors (+4 for FX). You shouldn't need anythings else. The musicians could run an app on their phones or tablets to control their own stereo mix.
      Adding inputs and outputs the the X32 Rack is as simple as getting a Midas or Behringer stage box, though I don't think you'll need it. They can be a small 8 in/8 out up to a larger 32 in/16 out.
      You may want to run 3 IEM transmitters from the 1/4 inch outs and 2 from the XLR 1-4. Subs (C) could be XLR 6 and LR (mains) would be XLR 7& 8.
      • September 27, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 Ok thanks, that is very helpful. Yea I don’t think I’ll need more ins and outs either. What kind of cables do I need to connect X32 to FOH when a FOH mixer and sound engineer is available at a show to control the PA speaker mix? Can it be connected directly? I don’t need a digital snake?
      • September 27, 2020
      • X32 Rackmount Connections
        DaveMorrison It depends on how much control you want to give them. If your band has a sound person, you could just give the house L & R. Most bands will give them all the instruments by splitting the input signals when someone else is mixing. Depending on your onstage volume you could just get an 8 channel transformer isolated mic splitting box/snake (no drums, electric guitar or bass through the PA). Sixteen channels would be better. The ART S8 8-channel Microphone Splitter is a popular choice. Behringer makes the MS8000. You could also use a Behringer S32 (connected via AES50) for sixteen direct outs but a ground loop might cause hum or noise when interconnecting two systems.
        • September 27, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 Got it, currently we don’t have a sound person so would give the sound guy full access. So if I wanted everything coming through speakers than I need a 16 channel splitter, and that would be 32 cables needed? Sorry for all the questions, I want to buy a rack but need to figure out how many spaces I need so also trying to see what I need to put in.
      • September 28, 2020
  • joluk
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-10-09

Hey guys, 

i just realized that channel 1-8 does not work properly with my s16 stage box when I plug headphones in the phones output. It sounds as if the sound there is extremely overdriven. 

Channel 9-16 work but without problems.

What could be the reason for this? Configuration error or warranty case?

Thanks in advance!

Lukas

read more...
    0 65
    • joluk
      JasonB81 Hello Lukas - It sounds like there are many variables that could be causing the issue. I would click the support tab above and create a tech support case so we can deep dive on a few options here. There could be a bad cable connection with your cables but more than likely there could be an internal issue we would need to address. Let me know if you have any trouble creating a ticket and we can go from there.
      • October 9, 2020
  • New
    mfettara
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-01-10

Hello,

Here is my review of the excellent flight case made by Santosom for the Wing.

bought this for our band GaTe217 gigs as well as other PA Work, the rest if the time, the Wing sits in our rehearsal place.

Enjoy

https://youtu.be/qsZKFFRbka8

https://youtu.be/qsZKFFRbka8

read more...
    2 40
  • New
    WojciechKaszuba
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-24

Hi.

I recently purchased a Behringer x32 rack. Everything is ok. I worked on x18 for a few years, so I know more or less the philosophy of work. Of course, x32 is a different league, more possibilities etc. everything is ok but… I have a problem with noise from my studio monitors. (in x 32 I have an x live card) I can't deal with it. Previously, the monitors were connected to various cards: rme, arturia, behringer, lexicon, but never hummed .. The noise is not big, but still annoying. Could this be a routing problem? I did a factory reset and nothing, still hum. Everything seems muted to me. The mixer is not connected to anything. It doesn't matter if a computer is connected or not. Does this type have that?

Any help?

greetings

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lziwhpAlp9TZeY1vMPz721RmllOl4Brx/view?usp=sharing

read more...
    0 34
    • WojciechKaszuba
      RexBeckett Hi Wojciech, I don't believe that the X32 Rack has a tendency to hum. Mine certainly doesn't. I cannot think of any routing issue that would cause a hum - unless there are open inputs being fed into the mix. It should be possible to isolate the problem by muting outputs and inputs to see which, if any, reduce the hum.

In my experience, it is more likely that the hum is due to a ground loop. This can happen when connected equipment is fed from different parts of the power circuit. It can usually be cured by inserting in-line isolating transformers in the signal cables.
      • Jan 24
    • WojciechKaszuba
      Paul_Vannatto Another thing it could be is if the cables from the X32 to the studio monitors are unbalanced and laying near power cables.
      • Jan 24
    • WojciechKaszuba
      WojciechKaszuba Thanks for the answers.

Unfortunately, this is probably not the problem. The other cards were connected the same. Same phase of current, same signal cables - good xlr. A .. maybe… x32 has a bigger output signal and monitors set to 0 are too sensitive? I doubt but I keep looking ...

Greetings.
      • Jan 25
      • X 32 rack hum?
        RexBeckett Is the X32 Rack mounted near other equipment? Sometimes a power transformer in one piece of equipment can induce hum in the signal lines of another.
        • Jan 25
    • WojciechKaszuba
      LuukvanKuipers Is the x32 connected to a grounded power outlet? If so, try to connect it ungrounded, if the hum disappears you probably suffer a ground loop.
      • Jan 25
  • New
    pilipella
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-02-26

hello everybody,

I'm using an external small mixer to control few instruments, in a sort of submix,

which goes into inputs number 7/8, and I'm struggling to get a perfect balance between the two input channels

using the pots on the front. so, it may sound a dumb question but, is there a way to link two mono ins so to control them as a stereo one? I mean using one pot to set the level for both channels or something in that way?

any kind of advice (hardware, software, workaround ideas) would be much appreciated :)

thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 46
    • pilipella
      Nigel67 Hi pilipella, I am sorry, but there is no setting on the unit that will do what you require. The unit does not have a pan pot or stereo link option which is what you are after.
      • Feb 26
  • New
    guidop83
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-11

Hi, i've just purchased a Behringer RD8, connected it via USB to DAW Ableton and clock sync works great. (DAW is master clock)

My question is, i have USB master clock coming from my DAW into my RD8 and i would like to connect another synth from the MIDI OUT 5 pins port of the RD8 to the MIDI IN 5 pins port of this synth, is it possible? How do i do that? I have tried it, but doesn't work (the DAW sends clock to the RD8 via USB and works fine, but the RD8 doesn't send clock via MIDI to the other synth).

What can i do?

Thank you!

G

read more...
    0 217
    • guidop83
      JAMIE2 hi - goto settings, press 2, hit TAP 3 times and it says FWD usb to MIDI - select and then make the 5 pin connnection. :-)
      • Mar 12
  • New
    MisterTom
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-29

Hello,

Is there a way to downgrade the firmware on the Cat Synthesizer back to 1.01? I upgraded to 1.02 and I'm not liking the last note priorty that was implemented like the orginal 1.00 firmware. Does your company have the 1.01 firmware in a file and a way to manually install that past firmware again to the Cat Synthesizer? Automation-wise via midi recording software (DAW) it's not really an issue. Playing and recording live via a midi controller tends to run the notes together while playing the Cat Synthesizer.

I have heard that your dev team is working on a selectable on/off function in regards to the low note priority via the next synthetribe software version... And that is awesome to hear.. But I again wondering if your company had a workaround in the interim manually downgrading to 1.01. I'm right in the middle of recording an album for retail sale.

Thank You for your time and professional couresty as always.

Regards,
    Thomas Rawding (AKA: Mr.Tom)
    Songwriter/Composer
    Performance Rights Organization:
    BMI Inc.
    (CAE/IPI) #: 833986399
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Mr.Tom is an Aquila Strings Endorsed Artist:
    https://aquilacorde.com/en/aquila-strings-endorsers

read more...
    0 60
    • MisterTom
      NicJonesMT Hi MisterTom. Could you please submit a tech support ticket and we can try to advise you further on this. If you can provide full details of how your Cat is setup we can push this with the development team.
      • Mar 30
      • Request: Cat Synthesizer - Downgrade firmware
        MisterTom Nic,

I did sent a ticket, but I never heard back from anyone in regards to this issue.
        However, you can pass my Thanks to your development team and whoever else was involved.
        This past March 31st, with the new firmware version 1.0.3 and the "Duo Mode Note Hold" option that is now showing in the new SYNTHTRIBE software V2.5.0. That is EXACTLY what I wanted back like version 1.01!

I have that "Duo Mode Note Hold" option set to "off". And I can play fast scales and riffs with no notes being "stuck" from one note to the other playing and recording live via a midi control keyboard. Now I can continue to use this on my new acoustic album that I'm trying to get done this year. Thank You again to all involved.

Regards,
        Thomas Rawding (AKA: Mr.Tom)
        Songwriter/Composer
        Performance Rights Organization:
        BMI Inc. (CAE/IPI) #: 833986399
        -------------------------------------------------------
        Mr.Tom is an Aquila Strings Endorsed Artist:
        https://aquilacorde.com/en/aquila-strings-endorsers
        • Apr 5
  • New
    JohnnyBee
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-06-01

Did ask a question via the service but it showed as "answered" without an answer so; just want to order a spare case if possible.

Thanks.

0 36
  • New
    DjCoaster
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-28

Hi Guys .

Iam new here so please excuse me.

I want to know if the audio interface works on osx and how many channels can you get , if it is possibleI have not seen any info or i am looking in the wrong please. any help would be great please looking at buying a new one...cheers jb

read more...
    0 13
    • DjCoaster
      Nigel67 Hi DjCoaster. The USB connector will work with both Windows and Mac. There are 48x48 channels of USB audio. The WING expansion card slot, featuring the LIVE SD recording card or accommodating option cards for various standards, such as ADAT, MADI, DANTE, and WSG, offers another 64x64 channels of audio in/out. Hope this answers your question. Many thanks.
      • Sep 27
      • Wing and Mac OS X
        DjCoaster Hi Again
        • Oct 3
      • Wing and Mac OS X
        DjCoaster I bought one all set up but can't get my Mac to see the outputs of the desk . have got them routed right just cubase will not record audio. can see the levels on the Mac audio prefs but not in cubase. have set up all the ins and outs of cubase so I am lost have set up a aggro device as well. and nothing changed ???
        • Oct 3
Go to page