132,275 posts
  • Moshebear
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-06-20
    0 135
    • Moshebear
      KenMitchell

Hi @Moshebear ,

Welcome to the community.  When you say "hear music" I assume you mean something being played from the iMac itself?  I'd recommend using PB3/4 (USB3/4 OUT) for this so you leave PB1/2 for use with the inputs. 

Take a look at this diagram which will help you understand how PB3/4 is routed in the interface: https://github.com/mcnster/umc-404hd-signal-path/blob/master/umc404hd.pdf

The reason I recommend PB3/4 is because it only goes to the direct outputs and the headphone jack and not to the Main LR. 

On the iMac, launch Applications->Utilities->Audio MIDI Setup. Under "Audio Devices", select the 404HD and click on Configure Speakers.  Select USB 3 for Left and USB 4 for Right.   On the 404HD depress the Mon A/B button to select "B", adjust the headphones volume,  and you should hear whatever is playing from the iMac.  

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Ken

• June 21, 2019
  • TomBoisseau
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-01

I always keep a small library of music on thumb drives for Yamaha consoles, which have no issue playing back MP3's.  I would like to do the same for my M32R and X32 Producer, but of course they will not handle MP3's, only WAV.

Seeing I have already created multiple MP3 "play lists", I would like to take these existing files and BATCH convert them for use with the Midas and the Behringer.  Additionally, it appears form my initial expermentation, that some of my MP3's that I has so far attempted to convert come out as 44.1K and others as 48K.  I would like to find a converter that also allowed my to specify the sample rate.  I my case I will likely always choose 48K.

Any recommendations for a software package that will batch convert from MP3's to WAV and also allows me to specify the sample rate?

Thanks, 
    Tom

read more...
    0 224
    • TomBoisseau
      Paul_Vannatto

@TomBoisseau wrote:

I always keep a small library of music on thumb drives for Yamaha consoles, which have no issue playing back MP3's.  I would like to do the same for my M32R and X32 Producer, but of course they will not handle MP3's, only WAV.

Now that the MP3 patent has expired, I'm hearing rumbles that this might be an added feature in a future firmware update (no ETA at this point). 

Any recommendations for a software package that will batch convert from MP3's to WAV and also allows me to specify the sample rate?

Doing a Google search, I came across this site that listed 5 converter apps. The 3rd one iOrgSoft Audio Converter looks promising with its ability to "setting the sample rate, bit rate, audio encoder...". Never used any of these converters, since I rarely convert from a lossy to lossless format, but rather convert from CD's or records. 

• January 1, 2020
    • TomBoisseau
      AnthonieHunter

I use Switch Audio Convertor to convert mp3 to wav for my X32 Rack.

https://www.nch.com.au/switch/

• January 1, 2020
  • hollywood
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-03

I know this topic has come up many times in these forums, and I apologize that I'm bringing it up again....but, i can't seem to find a valid answer anywhere.

I'm desperate to find a way to control the Tap Tempo feature of the Stereo Delay with a MIDI controller, so I bought the Mastermind GT; thinking that it is capable of anything.

With that being said, I'm completely in the dark about how to program sysex OSC to control the Tap Tempo; I've read it's possible.   Can anyone help shed some light? Please?

read more...
    0 74
  • luann2001
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-20

I'm having a problem that I didn't have before.
    When I want to record (via USB cable in my computer), my recorder receives the duplicate left track.

Let me explain, when I plug a wired headset on my table, everything is ok on the stereo. When I am on my Audacity software, it receives the right channel, which it copies in duplicate. So basically on my stereo recording track, there is the sound of the right line on both sides. So, if on my table I turn all the pan settings all the way to the right, then this time the recorder on my computer receives nothing.

Can you help me ? I bought the table only very recently and it doesn't seem to me that he had this problem at first.

Thank you in advance,

read more...
    0 55
  • Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-09

Hi - someone suggested this to set gain on channels but I'm not sure where the PFL button is.

As for your individual inputs (like your vocal mic), you can do this:

1. Turn your main mixer fader(s) all the way down (you won't need any mixer output for what we are about to do
    2. Press the "PFL" button for your microphone channel
    3. Sing loudly into the mic
    4. Adjust the channel gain until the mixer VU gain reaches the low to mid portion of the yellow
    5. Depress the "PFL" button.
    6. You're done!

read more...
    0 52
    • Mike7300
      Paul_Vannatto What mixer are you using?
      • October 9, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 X32 Rack
      • October 9, 2020
      • Setting gain on channels
        Paul_Vannatto The channel meters are already PFL. So no need of a PFL button. Just ignore those steps
        • October 9, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 What should be the correlation between the channel level and gain level to optimize performance? Currently to reach low yellow for volume level bar I have mic channel level set at 0dbu and Gain at +40dbu
      • October 9, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto I would say there is no correlation. Set the gain so that the channel meter is bouncing in the yellow. Adjust the channel fader for the desired mix of all of the channels combined. I typically start with channel faders around -5 db, then adjust to the overall mix of the group.
        • October 9, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 Ok got it and just to be clear that’s -5dbu right
      • October 9, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 After plugging in subs to the X32 Rack is there any setting I should change? . For instance with my surround system for tv i I set the main front speakers as “small” instead of “large” since I have subs. Is there something similar I would need to do with the mixer?
      • October 9, 2020
        DaveMorrison Possibly. It depends on your cabinets. The general idea is to keep the low frequency out of the Main cabs, and the Mids and highs out of the subs. You subs may already have a crossover built in. If they don't you can filter out the highs with the built in "crossover filters" on the LR, M/C, and matrix busses. For a Low Pass filter, select the top band and use one of the BU, BS, or LR filters. The number is the roll-off per octave (in dB). If your Main cabs don't have a built-in setting to filter the low frequencies, you can setup a High-Pass filter to give you more clarity and more apparent power. Choose the low band with a BU, BS, or LR filter and set the cut-off somewhere in the range of 80-120 Hz.
        • October 9, 2020
  • New
    Huseyinonal71
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-10
    Hello, I can't record two channels with my umc204 sound card. I hear it from the left side of my headphone with audacity umc drivers installed.
    read more...
    0 101
  • New
    Nedreud
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-26

Just got my RD-6-BB yesterday and loving it so far. I had an original Roland TR-606 25-years ago and the RD-6 sounds as close as I can remember!

One thing I haven't worked out how to do yet is have a pattern length of 64 steps, which is clearly stated on the box "64 Step Sequencer", in the details blurb and even mentioned in the official Behringer intro video. I don't see any mention of it in the manual though.

So, what's the magic button/mode combo for 64-step patterns?

read more...
    0 99
    • Nedreud
      DavidKnighton Hi Nedreud,
      I regret to inform that the RD-6 is only 16 step. There was a mistake in the packaging design for the first run or so and the product was mislabeled as a 64 step sequencer. Even some retailers advertised based on the product packaging and not the product description from the Behringer website. Please let me know if this is a problem for you.
      • Feb 26
      • 64 Step Patterns on Behringer RD-6?
        Nedreud Thank you for the confirmation, David. No problem, just checking I wasn't missing something obvious. I'd assumed it would be 16-step like the original TR-606 as the interface is so simple and similar. You might like to know that the "NAMM 2020 - Introducing the Behringer RD-6" video (https://youtu.be/39Wbwt34i3Q) which is on the official Behringer product page for the RD-6 states "...64 step sequencer..." at 1:40. And although not your responsibility, I found a few large online retailers, e.g., Gear4Music, still stating 64 steps in their info.
        • Feb 26
      • 64 Step Patterns on Behringer RD-6?
        DavidKnighton Hi Nedreud,
        Yes, I actually came to the same conclusion about a year ago. One user even posted a video and commented about it. I believe they wanted to make it 64 step, but in order to stay true to it's form, they pulled out and only designed with 16 step.
        • Mar 2
  • New
    orionbrody
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-11

for context, I am using a mac. I downloaded synthtribe 2.4.7 and tried to update my rd8 per the instructions. my rd8 was plugged into the power and to my mac via USB ( obviously, but I just wanted to add any context I could)

1. I turned on the device

2. I turned off the device

3. I inserted a pin into the hole next to the usb, and as I was holding down the DFU button, I booted the device up. 

after the third step, the device did not come all the way up, i got a small flash of light from the signal light in the wave designer as i pressed power on, but that was it. Furthermore, synthtribe didn't allow me to finish the update, because the device was no longer detected. Now I cannot turn on the device! 

Also, synthtribe no longer detects the device as well ( probably because It won't turn on). 

Has anyone experienced something like this? I tried toggling the dfu switch again during power on/power off, plugging it into different outlets, etc. but nothing is working. Anyone have anything I can try? 

read more...
    0 95
    • orionbrody
      JAMIE2 hi - i am windows (well not windows hahaa) , dfu mode is no longer required, has been this way for a long time - it is used to access boot mode. try this: get rd8 FW 1.35- then put rd8 into dfu mode by holding the pin in and powering up rd8. then access the 1.35 booter software and this will then open the rd8 - then once it is operational you update to new FW. this worked for other users. never use dfu again as not required in V2 fw
      • Mar 12
    • orionbrody
      dafraludom I have the same issue with a dead RD-8 and a flicker of LED’s on powerup and FW 1.3.5 app in dfu mode did not work either. The same setup of Mac/Synthribe app/usb cable recognises my MS-1.
      • Mar 20
  • New
    JPDuran13
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-13

Can my new interface UMC202HD working with my Daw Reason?

0 68
    • JPDuran13
      DavidKnighton Hello JPDuran13,
      I don't see why it shouldn't. If you're using Windows, make sure you download the driver from Behringer website.
      • Apr 13
  • New
    UNIFORMFACTORY
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-17

HELLO, I'M AN END USER FOR behringer europower pmp6000 AND THE SOUND JUST BLEW ON ME FEW DAYS AGO. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET THE PART TO TURN THE SOUND BACK ON? ALL THE LIGHTS ARE COMING ON BUT NO SOUND. PLEASE, HELP. THANKS.

0 50
Go to page