Statistics

254,565 members
132,266 posts
  • robriot
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-04

Hi

I'm looking for instructions to allow me to figure out how crave works with Ableton. Is it possible or do I have to set the midi keyboard to work with Ableton to do that? 

0 72
  • Drfrog666
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-11

Hi! Got my wing console on thursday and still learning it all.

I use ubuntu studio and the wing shows up fine!

With my focusrite I was able to route jack midi to it and out to my synths from its midi out

With the wing I am able to jack route to the wing on ubuntu but that's where the signal stops. 

I couldnt find anything in the wing routing panel for midi. Someone mentioned that midi isnt fully implemented yet. Is patience the answer for now?

read more...
    0 96
  • GeorgeDougherty
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-05-12

Anyone know if Midas will ever release some SD type stage boxes?  I have an SD16 and would love to have matching preamps to a DL32 for both my personal rig and church rig.  
    My SD16 tends to live at the drum kit for live events. Stage rearranging at church has just made things to where an SD box at the new drum kit location would be ideal instead of deploying analog snakes to pull inputs to the kit. 

read more...
    0 121
    • GeorgeDougherty
      GaryHiggins

@GeorgeDougherty 

I don't have an answer but would buy 2 DL8's on the spot if they existed or the SD version (DD8?) for very similar reasons.

• May 12, 2020
    • GeorgeDougherty
      GeorgeDougherty

Have been a little confused at times by Midas variants of the x32 universe. Like why an M32 core and M air boxes but not an M32 rack?  I'd probably have at least 3 DLD16 if they existed.  Probably would have done that instead of picking up a DL32 for my portable rig. So much nicer than having to deal with a stage-side DL32 in rack and analog subsnakes. 

• May 12, 2020
    • GeorgeDougherty
      Vasco_Romijn

The X32 Core do not excist anymore for about 2 years, there is only M32 Core. Also there is no M32 Producer version only a X32 Compact (M32R) variant with scribble strip. Have all to do with the pro versus other markets and what they will buy. Pro users are not common tablet mixers for example.

• May 13, 2020
    • GeorgeDougherty
      GaryHiggins

@Vasco_RomijnActually there is no M32 "Core", it's called an M32C. Also the M32R is the same size as an X32 Producer (a Producer with scribble strips and Midas Pro preamps). The Compact is larger than a Producer or M32R and has no Midas counterpart. Also they made an MR18 which is only tablet. So I tend to agree about the marketing being a bit confusing as to why one product is made and not another. I do agree the focus is mainly the big $ Pro market though. Still IMO they would sell a bunch of M32 Racks if ever made and SD type stageboxes (MD?) with Midas preamps. 

• May 13, 2020
  • goldstrike
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-24

Hello all

I have an X32 Producer mixer. Everything worked absolutely fine, until after a couple of months of usage I heard one loud clipping noise over the speakers and since then the mixer has some weird pulsing and clipping on every input channel. (video for reference)

I tried restarting, resetting, updating, unplugging, exchanging every cable, but nothing helped.

Does anyone know something about this, or is this a guarantee issue?

View Video
    read more...
    0 36
  • BakCristal
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-20

Hello,

I recently purchased this digital mixer. Got it at home yesterday, connected my laptop to it via the Wifi client option, got the XAir Edit app, and started messing around. Hooked up a mic to input 1, did some tweaking to it (gate, EQ, comp, reverb through FX1), and made a send to Aux 1.

All of the above works, except I'm not getting any sound out of the mains... There are currently no speakers plugged into it (except headphones, no sound) but I can't even see the meters move. I attached a picture where you can see all the meters lighting up except the mains. Lastly I tried to use the mixer as my computer's soundcard. It shows that sound is going to outs 1&2 on the mixer but again I hear no sound.

Maybe I'm forgetting something super obvious but I tried a bunch of stuff already and it just won't do anything. Please help!

Also the antenna broke off :)

read more...
    0 2,993
    • BakCristal
      GaryHiggins Go to In/Out/Main Out and make sure headphones are set to Main L/R. It's probably set to Monitor with no ch sent to it yet?
      • August 20, 2020
      • Behringer XR18 - no sound to mains?
        BakCristal Thanks for the reply. Will try this asap.
        • August 20, 2020
    • BakCristal
      RexBeckett Your screenshot shows that the channel 1 signal is not reaching the Main LR bus but it is shown on Bus 1 and FX Send 1. Check on the channel's Main tab that the LR assignment button is on (orange).

There should also be signal on Main LR from FX1 Return unless you inserted FX1 into channel 1. Time-based effects like reverb are usually used in send/return mode so that the return is added to the dry signal. Check that FX1 Return is also still assigned to Main LR.
      • August 20, 2020
    • BakCristal
      BakCristal Alright gentlemen, I've found the problem. When I connect the device asks me if I want to synchronise and it gives me three options. I chose "mixer > pc" this time and the fader for Main L&R was all the way down. Once I raised that to 0 everything worked fine.
      • August 20, 2020
  • SillyDrums
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-31

Will the Behringer UMC 1820 work on a Mac running on Catalina?

0 113
    • SillyDrums
      DaveMorrison Yes. It's USB class compliant—no drivers needed.
      • August 30, 2020
    • SillyDrums
      SillyDrums Thanks. And do you know if the "free" Tracktion software will work on macOS Catalina?
      • August 31, 2020
    • SillyDrums
      DaveMorrison Probably not. Traction is now "Waveform" and there is a free version on Traction's site. That should be fine. You also have GarageBand on your Mac and it's pretty powerful and runs on Catalina.
      • August 31, 2020
  • AnthonieHunter
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-10-10

New features:
    - variable scrolling speed for spectrograph
    - Library AES50
    - DP48 remote support for stereo link & talkback messages
    - improved transmission of DP48 messages through stageboxes and hubs

Improvements:
    - Channel
    - bring pan back to center when unlinking (if +-100)
    - X-Live-Card:
    - show warning when SD card is close to maximum capacity (10min / 1min remaining)
    - showing protected SD card state
    - better backup progress bar
    - showing naming prompt when exporting a scene to USB
    - better support when importing a CustomBootState as a scene
    - CustomBootState can now be auto-loaded without a confirm dialog (append _NoPopUp to the filename)
    - hold and scroll on snippets/safes
    - added name prompt when exporting to USB

Bug fixes:
    - HA gain control not updating digital trim when using User-Banks
    - Fixed long Session-Name display
    - Fixed show import/export popup text redrawing
    - checking User-Blocks param safe and scene safe when loading an old scene

read more...
    1 337
    • AnthonieHunter
      Rabble36 The powered right channel of my Europower PMP5000 isnt working. I have the Amp Mode set as Main L - Main R. Any thoughts or is it blown?
      • October 10, 2020
    • AnthonieHunter
      Rabble36 Sorry...I meant to start a new discussion
      • October 10, 2020
    • AnthonieHunter
      GaryHiggins Thanks Anthonie, had no idea there was new firmware (fwiw, I liked it better when software and firmware were separate folders)
      • October 11, 2020
  • SquireDude
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-27

Hi,

I have a strange issue that I have been unable to resolve... I ahve a love the new X-16 box on stage but in Arizona the Sun shines way too bright to use a Laptop or Tablet as a console.  Is there a Digital console that has WiFi capability to use with the X16?

Thanks

read more...
    0 50
    • SquireDude
      RexBeckett Hi Phillip, you could use an X-Touch as a physical control surface but it requires a wired network connection. Another solution is to switch to the Mixing Station app which has optional high-contrast display modes. I also find it helps to use a sunshade on my tablets.
      • October 27, 2020
    • SquireDude
      AlanKonkal You can use the X-Touch with an Ethernet to WiFi adapter if you want to eliminate the Ethernet cable. I have used one of these for several years now and it works great. Here is the one I use. IOGEAR Ethernet-2-WiFi Universal Wireless Adapter, GWU637
      • October 29, 2020
    • SquireDude
      SquireDude The X-Touch is a great solution but it may be too technical for my user base when I am not here to operate it! Makes perfect sense to me.
      How does it work without a screen, as that is the issue with the bright Sun down here?
      • November 4, 2020
    • SquireDude
      AlanKonkal For basic level control and sound balance, it works very well. However, if you need to start tweaking EQ settings it can be challenging unless you are very familiar with it and are not challenged by the lack of a graphical display of the EQ settings..
      • November 4, 2020
    • SquireDude
      SquireDude That was the conclusion that I was coming up with too... thanks
      • November 6, 2020
  • New
    AndrewOne
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-01-11

Hi,

does anybody know where I can get knobs for the neutron. One of the knobs is defect and I can't find the original ones in any store for replacement.

Thx 4 support in advance

Andy

0 57
    • AndrewOne
      KyleJohnson Hi Andrew, Kyle here with Music Tribe. You can order spare parts for any Music Tribe product directly from Music Tribe. Please click on the Support button at the top of the page, then submit a Spare Parts ticket.
      • Jan 11
    • AndrewOne
      bucsteel1969 You can get knobs and awesome custom overlays at heinakron.net
      • Apr 2
  • New
    pastorwaysideag
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-25

Hello, I am new to this forum. We re-worked our entire sound system. We put an XR18 on the stage and have all of the mics, keys etc. plugged directly in. We ran new cable to the stage for the CD player and computer. We play videos and music from the computer. What is the best way to play that from the computer in the XR18? On our old board we just plugged in the audio 3.5mm cable out of the computer directly into a channel with a 1/4" adapter. That is not working out for us. Thanks in advance. Blessings!

read more...
    0 43
    • pastorwaysideag
      RexBeckett Hello pastorwaysideag, the inputs on an XR18 are balanced mono. If you use a 3.5mm cable with a 1/4" addapter, you are connecting unbalanced stereo - and it will not sound good. Instead you need to use two input channels (e.g. Line 17/18) with a stereo spltter cable like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Tisino-Stereo-Y-Splitter-Cable-Breakout/dp/B07K59CQ3R
      • Jan 25
      • Playing Computer Audio with XR18
        pastorwaysideag Thank you RexBeckett. We had a friend tell us that. I bought the Y and it was a very weak signal and still played mono with a buzz. I found on a blog where someone used an active direct box plugged in a regular channel. I did that and it works, but a terrible buzz. Some blogs say that from a computer it has to go into the USB port. We are forty feet away. I also saw where someone used a Bluetooth adapter, but I am unsure of how it was designed to work in the XR18. Alto Total Bluetooth https://www.zzounds.com/item--APABTTOTAL
        • Jan 25
        RexBeckett I would say that forty feet is too far for reliable Bluetooth and also too far for unbalanced audio cables. I would use a USB audio interface with balanced outputs and connect to a pair of the XR18's balanced inputs. I have a Radial USB-Pro which does this job brilliantly. The XLR outputs can be transformer-isolated and/or ground-lifted to avoid any hum from ground loops. I have used this in challenging environments and got great-sounding, hum-free audio.

See: https://www.radialeng.com/product/usb-pro
        • Jan 25
        pastorwaysideag Thank you Rex! That seems perfect. I appreciate it so much. I still wonder though, what is the standard way that the manufacturer designed the XR18 for computer audio? I would think that a lot of people do what we are doing in retrofitting a system in a church. I guess the computer has to be close enough for a USB cable. I will get the USB Pro coming and let everyone know how it works out. Thanks again!
        • Jan 26
        RexBeckett I'm fairly sure that you will be delighted with the performance of the USB-Pro, Pastor. I was when I first tested mine. Actually I have been delighted with every Radial Engineering product I have ever bought - and I have a bunch of their DI boxes.

Having an XR18 on stage and a music player on a distant control desk is always a challenge. The only part of the XR18 design that helps is that all the inputs are balanced so can be fed through long cables. The design has more support for playback from a nearby PC via USB. Some users position a small PC (or even a Raspberry Pi audio player) close to the mixer and control it remotely.

I think the approach you are taking makes sense. With good cable and a balanced connection you should get a simple, trouble-free solution. Having one long cable for the music is far better than running all the channels from the stage to the control desk - as we once had to do.
        • Jan 26
    • pastorwaysideag
      DavidKnighton Hello Pastor,
      Why not just plug the computer into the USB adapter and transmit audio directly over USB? This will alleviate whatever issues you are having with the analog cabling, and will ultimately sound better.
      • Jan 25
        pastorwaysideag Hey David. The computer is in the sound booth and the XR18 is on the stage. It would take a forty foot cable and I have read that about fifteen feet is the max for USB.
        • Jan 25
        DavidKnighton Hello Pastor,
        Indeed, a 40' USB cable is out of the question. This brings a question though, are you trying to use a 40' analog cable from the computer? This could be your problem. Unbalanced computer audio at that distance could end up being very low or noisy. You'll want to either use a stereo DI Box or a n external USB interface at the computer to terminate the audio to balanced line outs. The interface is probably the better solution because it doesn't affect the audio coming out of the computer. The headphone hack of the computer will affect the audio quality due the port being tailored for headphones.
        • Jan 26
        pastorwaysideag Thanks David! I appreciate you jumping in to help. Please look at Rex's reply above. You both have me on the same track. I will get one coming and let everyone know how it works out. Thanks again!
        • Jan 26
Go to page