Statistics

298,541 members
182,154 posts
  • ChrisVerm
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-05-27

I found how X32 edit can follow the selected channel on the mixer, but I want the inverse , i'd like to select a channel on my app X32 edit and my X32 rack follow it !! Is there's a way to do that ?

Thx for all.

C

0 333
    • ChrisVerm
      RexBeckett

Hi @ChrisVerm , welcome to the community.

I don't know of any way to have an X32 Rack follow the channel selection in X32 Edit. I don't think X32 Edit transmits selection changes.

• May 27, 2019
    • ChrisVerm
      ChrisVerm

Thx for your reponse.

Unlucky I am !!!! All is remotable, from the EQ to solo on a channel with  the X32 edit but there is only an exeption . I can't beleive that

Even "selected follow solo" doesn't work ......

I'm working on DIY hardware machine with some real button who transmit on network some OSC message, and this message could depend of wich channel is selected....(for bus1 send for exemple), like you do on a hardware machine, Select the channel and then set up the send in bus one of this channel...

If you have an idea, how i can get around that,  i'm stuck...

Thx for your time.

C.

• May 27, 2019
  • JanWilliams
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-06-12

This is embarassing but I'm having a serious brain fart.  I just got a new S32 to use with my X32 Rack.  I'm getting input signals but no output.

My configuration is ver simple:  Bus 1 thru 8 = Ouputs 1 thru 8 on the S32 (for monitor mixes.)

Ouput 9-12 are designated matrix output

Ouput 13 & 14 for Subs  and Output 15 and 16 FOH L & R.  

All inputs thru the S32 are working (at least it's showing signal) but I'm not getting any ouput thru the S32.  I'm sure it's some simple routing issue but having trouble figuring it out.  Any help would be appreciated.

read more...
    0 327
    • JanWilliams
      Paul_Vannatto

Hey Jan @JanWilliams, export your scene to a file, zip it and attach it to your next post (Choose File below) and we'll be glad to have a look.

• June 12, 2019
    • JanWilliams
      JanWilliams

Attached is the scene file.

janscene.zip
      • June 12, 2019
    • JanWilliams
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Jan @JanWilliams

Yes your Routing, AES50 A outputs are assigned AES50 A1-8, A9-16, etc. meaning you are assigning what is coming in from the S32 to the S32 outputs. What you want is to assign Out 1-8, 9-16 to the first 2 banks.

Jan Scene-fixed.zip
      • June 12, 2019
    • JanWilliams
      JanWilliams

Gosh, I feel really foolish.  I should have known that.  Thanks so much Paul.

• June 12, 2019
  • dantrnr
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-14

Hey All,

So all of a sudden my Model D is outputting extremely low audio. When I turn on the A-440 test tone I have to crank the volume all the way up and then I can barely hear it. This is the case through 1/4 inch out and 3.5mm phones. I've test and am using the correct DC Input. The same low audio output occurs when engaging the oscillators.  

Any ideas on what this could be?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 124
  • KiranT
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-17

Hey All,

A newbie here. Something is bothering me for a while now - and no google search answered it. So, here I am to ask you al experts! 

I needed 5 Mic inputs for a live concert - and I have X1222 USB mixer - with 4 mono and 2 stereo mic inputs. When I used my Mics on 4 mono channels - the gain was easy to set and sounded great. the Mic on stereo channel - sounds lower and i have to set gain to almost 100% - and all the EQ - to max to get a good gain out of that mixer. 

Then I learnt about Pan Rule - and how the signal is attenuated on the stereo. So, my question is - If I use a Mic to stereo TRS adapter - and instead of plugging it into the stereo (5/6) Mic input - plug it into the stereo inputs (L/R) of the same channel (5/6) - would it make a difference? Would that help me set gain on the lower side. My info so far and gut tells me probably not - but appreciate your insights.

read more...
    0 145
    • KiranT
      Vasco_Romijn

The XLR inputs of channel 5(6) and 7(8) are normal mono balanced inputs (read the manual page 7 part 2.2.1) even with phantom power. Yes you can use those channels also with the TRS inputs as stereo 5-6 and 7-8. But when the XLR's are used it is just a 6 channel balanced input mixer.

So the questions are;
      Is the microphone ok?
      Is the cable ok?
      Did you try another cable or microphone on those channels?
      Is it a condenser microphone and forget to switch the phantom power on?

• October 17, 2019
  • zerofrag
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-27

Hello,

I'm having an issue with my Behringer Crave. It goes as follows:

- When it is NOT connected via USB. I can record a pattern then hit play and the pattern will simply play as it should.

- When it is connected via USB and I do the same thing. The pattern plays but each note goes up in pitch and after a few notes all the notes are basically high pitch noises.

I was hoping the new firmware update might fix it but it didn't. Does anybody else have the same issue?

Any ideas on how to fix it?

I've included a video of the issue here so you can clearly see what's happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0curbO53aI&feature=youtu.be

Thanks in advance

read more...
    0 436
    • zerofrag
      dsn

is a midi loop problem disables the Crave midi in usb in your Daw preferences, leaves only the midi out usb enabled and you will see that there are no more problems

• November 30, 2019
  • Jabek
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-25

Hello.

My UMC404HD interface is not working on my macbook with ableton 10 lite. Ableton recognizes it and the outputs are working fine, the inputs are not working. I have everything correct setted up. But i am not getting any signal in an audio channel. The same interface works with logic on the same macbook without any problems, and ableton is working with other interfaces without problems. Has anyone an idea how to fix this?

Greetings from Germany

read more...
    0 185
    • Jabek
      RexBeckett

@Jabek 

Hello Janes, welcome to the community.

Recent versions of the Mac OS have a privacy setting that can prevent audio inputs reaching applications. See Microphone Privacy for information about this.

• January 25, 2020
    • Jabek
      xoxe2

Which SO X do you use? To me the Ableton Live 10 is doing very well with the UMC404HD on OS X 10.12.6. Saludos

Captura de pantalla 2020-01-30 a las 1.36.35.pngCaptura de pantalla 2020-01-30 a las 1.37.40.png

• January 29, 2020
  • victoryoverall
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-27

I’ve had a Behringer U-Phoria UMC22 USB audio interface since early January 2020, bought through thomann.de. Since new I've had some severe noise interference which is making playing or recording effectively impossible. I’ll explain the problem and all the solutions I’ve tried, so brace yourselves, this will be long… (TL;DR at the bottom for those not ready for story time)

The noise is a high pitch whistle, at roughly 3.15kHz. I play metal guitar with high gain, so this whistling noise becomes unbearable once run through virtual tube screamer and high gain amp setups. This noise is present whether I have my guitar plugged into the interface, or no mic/instrument plugged in at all, so I know it's not my guitar or cable. The exact same noise at the exact same frequency is present when using the interface on both my MacBook Pro 2015 and an iMac 2017.

Here’s a link to a video showing the issue:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lhKzWY4QlUMc_eDWdr5OoncoNV94RbIC/view?usp=sharing

You can see the spike in the EQ analyser and hear it if you turn up your volume. This EQ analyser and sound is without any other plugins, just the raw input from the UMC22 with no mic/instrument plugged in. The shifts in the frequency are when I turn on/off the phantom power and adjust the Gain 1 knob.

To save a lot of back-and-forth questions and troubleshooting, here’s a list of various things I’ve tried:

• Using a different computer (iMac 2017)
    • Using different audio plugins (from Ignite Amps, LePou, built-in Garageband, etc.)
    • Using Line 1 and Inst 2 inputs (noise is present even with no instrument connected)
    • Running the sound output through the internal speakers/headphones so the interface is only dealing with input
    • Turning off all WiFi and Bluetooth sources in the house
    • Switching off WiFi and Bluetooth on the computers themselves
    • Unplugging all peripherals
    • Switching off all nearby electrical devices
    • Using the MacBook whilst charging and just on battery power
    • Connecting the UMC22 to each of the computer’s USB ports
    • Connecting the UMC22 through a high quality powered USB hub
    • Having phantom power turned on and off
    • Using my MacBook Pro and UMC22 outside of my house, and in my car (parked with ignition off of course) in an attempt to get away from any potential interference in my house

The sound was present in every situation above, so I can’t help but conclude it’s the UMC22 that’s at fault.

When the phantom power is switched on/off the frequency of the whistling interference “travels” up and down a bit, before settling back at 3.15kHz. Sounds like someone trying to tune an old radio.

This “radio tuning” can sometimes be heard when adjusting the Gain 1 knob. This is the Gain for the Midas preamp channel that has the phantom power.

I’ve tried various noise gate plugins to just deal with it, but the noise is so prevalent that the moment I start playing the guitar it’s instantly noticeable. I’ve also tried using EQ to make an extreme -30dB cut at 3.15kHz before any pedals/amps in my signal chain, but this badly affects the tone and the noise is still noticeable once I start playing.

This interface was bought solely to play and record guitar using virtual pedals/amps/cabs, but this noise is so intrusive it makes practise very unenjoyable and ruins any recording. I’m super disappointed as I had seen some great reviews for this interface.

Has anyone had this problem, and maybe know of a solution? Should I get a replacement? Or is this an inherent problem with the UMC22 and should I just get a different interface altogether?

TL;DR My Behringer UMC22 constantly makes a high pitch noise around 3.15kHz in all different situations/setups I’ve tried. Faulty unit, common fault, or inherent problem?

read more...
    2 1,059
    • victoryoverall
      bugatputhaw

I have exactly the same problem sir .. I purchased mine last january 29 2020 thru Lazada Philippines. Did you solved your problem ?

• February 27, 2020
    • victoryoverall
      RexBeckett

@victoryoverall @bugatputhaw 

Hello Jason and Francis, welcome to the community.

No this is not normal behavior for a UMC22. I would contact your supplier for a return. If they will not help, I suggest that you raise a Care ticket for Service Repair explaining your problem. This is done by clicking on Support at the top of the page and then clicking the Create a Care Ticket button. This is only possible if you have completed all the required fields in your profile. Also make sure that you fill-in every required field in the Care form.

I must compliment you, Jason, for your thorough investigation of the problem. You certainly do not give in easily!

• February 27, 2020
    • victoryoverall
      victoryoverall

@RexBeckett Thanks for your feedback and information on what steps to take next.

I certainly don't give in that easily I have a strong DIY ethic, and I prefer to get to the root of a problem myself before I bother others or point the blame at anything. I've been trying on-and-off over the past two months to figure this out so I'm past the thomann.de 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee, but they do provide a 3-Year Warranty no matter if the manufacturer's warranty is less. Hopefully they'll agree that this is a faulty item and I'll get replacement or repair.

Thanks again for you help.

• February 27, 2020
  • DickStraathof
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-03-23

Did anyone ever noticed that if you adjust the EQ-Qfactor on the channel strip, the yellow bar is coming wider on the channel strip and at the same time the yellow bar is becomming smaller on the touch screen?!
    This looks like a bug in my opinion.

Just for info.

DickS.

read more...
    0 154
    • DickStraathof
      Paul_Vannatto

@DickStraathof wrote:

Did anyone ever noticed that if you adjust the EQ-Qfactor on the channel strip, the yellow bar is coming wider on the channel strip and at the same time the yellow bar is becomming smaller on the touch screen?!

As far as I can see, the channel strips on the Wing have no Q yellow bar. It can only be adjusted on the EQ screen of the touchscreen.

• March 23, 2020
    • DickStraathof
      DickStraathof

Hello Paul,

I just today had the change to double test if I was right; and now I'm sure: if you have the channel EQ on the touch screen and you have the same channel on the channel strip (the section right of the touch screen) if you rotate the ' with'  of an EQ to shape the bell wider or more narrow, the green bar at the bottom of the display follows the Q-factor number

(view in My Videos)
      where in the touch screen the green bar follows the with of the curve what in my opinion is a better representation.

• March 29, 2020
    • DickStraathof
      Paul_Vannatto

Thanks for the video @DickStraathof . When I get a moment, I will check it out here.

• March 29, 2020
    • DickStraathof
      Paul_Vannatto

Hey @DickStraathof , just checked this using beta 1.06 (which should be released soon) and it is as you showed in the video. I will pass this on to the developers. 

• March 29, 2020
    • DickStraathof
      Paul_Vannatto

Btw @DickStraathof, they just posted the firmware 1.06 here - lots of neat features and bug fixes. Unfortunately this bug will probably be fixed in the next update.

• March 29, 2020
  • slashbouch
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-16
    Hi I want to know if I update the firmware of my X32 Behringer, I'm gonna loose all my setting, routing etc. Thanks !
    0 118
    • slashbouch
      RexBeckett The update process may clear your scenes, snippets and library presets. You should export them to USB or via X32 Edit before starting the update. Also make a note of the Global and Network console settings as these are usually reset to default values.
      All the non-global current settings for channels and routing would be saved when you export the current scene before the update. Reloading that scene should restore these settings.
      • June 16, 2020
      • Firmware Update x32 Behringer
        FlavioB As of today, is it safe to upgrade to the latest/newest 4.x firmware? At the beginning I was reading of many issues...
        • June 20, 2020
        RexBeckett There were issues with V4.00 and V4.01 but V4.02 firmware works well.
        • June 23, 2020
    • slashbouch
      DeanPurvis Does the current iPad X32-Mix app work with the new 4.xx firmware?
      • June 22, 2020
        RexBeckett I don't think the X32-Mix app for iOS has been updated to support console firmware V4.xx. Mixing Station MX32 for iOS does support the V4.xx firmware.
        • June 23, 2020
  • Seta666
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-07-02
    Hello, I am using X-Touch with FW1.15 in Ableton live Suite 10, most of the time it works just fine, however there is some buggy behaviour. 1- Sometimes when I create a new track between tracks (Eg New track between Track 1 and 2) X-touch messes up, it is like it does not update the info correctly. For example new track would become track 2 and old track 2 would become track 3 but the controller still identifies new track 2 as old track 2. Saving and closing the project and reopening fixes this behaviour 2- Also sometime yo try to arm a track but the button does not light up (you can see it light up in ableton), deleting the track and undoing fixes this Anyone getting same behaviour?
    read more...
    0 73
Go to page