Statistics

254,395 members
132,078 posts
  • New
    BigFire
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-08-23

My Wing has worked flawlessly day in and out for about a year, short of a scribble strip outage that somehow fixed itself. I shutdown the mixer on Friday after finishing the mix project I was working on for a client and returned this morning to power it up. When I turn it on, nothing really happens other than the colored lights above the first scribble strip in each bank of 4 flash on twice very rapidly and off, 5 seconds of time pass with nothing lit up or displayed on the mixer then it does it again. The lights flashing are also red in color. I've pulled the plug and waited 10 secs before plugging in again and tried powering it repeatedly only to get the same results.

Anyone else experience this? I use the Wing as a part of my daily workflow and the thought of having to send it in and wait months, as many seem to experience on here, for servicing scares me greatly. I am now regretting having bought this as a key part of my setup. I miss being able to send it to my local authorized repair center as I have with previous Tribe branded gear.

read more...
    1 29
    • BigFire
      Paul_Vannatto Hi BigFire, I experienced a similar scenario about a year ago. I had been updating the firmware the old way (via USB to the OS partition) and archiving the older firmware in a folder. In doing so, I had filled up the partition completely and the Wing would not boot up (with similar indications like the scribble lights blinking). I ended up wiping the OS partition and recreating it using GParted (a linux app) and transferring the latest firmware.

For your scenario, since you probably didn't do what I did (fill up the OS partition), it is possible that the OS partition has become corrupted and unreadable. I would suggest you find someone who is experienced with computer partitions to have a look at your Wing OS partition, by connecting a computer (preferably with linux) to the Wing via USB and enabling the OS Partition in the Wing's Setup, General screen. If it is corrupted, it may need to be rebuilt as I explained above.
      • Aug 23
      • Wing Power-up issue
        BigFire Thanks, Paul. Unfortunately, I have no way of getting into the Setup screen to enable that as there is no display of anything on the mixer. It would have to be able to boot to do so, which it can not do.
        • Aug 23
    • BigFire
      Paul_Vannatto Oh forgot to mention that the OS partition enables by default if the Wing doesn't boot. Just connect the computer via USB.
      • Aug 23
      • Wing Power-up issue
        BigFire So I turned on the power while pushing the select button and was able to get the Wing drives. I cleaned out all firmware files except the previous version it was on, ejected the WING_OS drive on my computer, powered the Wing down and powered it back on. Same thing... no boot, no screen, no moving faders, no scribbles - lifeless except the 2x blink of light above the first scribble in each bank as described above. Could this be a bad power supply issue even though I am able to access the drives when powering with "SELECT"?
        • Aug 23
    • BigFire
      Paul_Vannatto When you had the OS partition up, did you check the free space of the partition after you removed the firmware files? The reason I ask is that, depending on how you removed the files, the actual space used by those files may not be released (and available) and the partition may still be full. I know from my experience, that if there is no room available, the Wing will not boot. That is why I had to delete and recreate the partition. But I had to get the partition details before doing so (FAT32, but don't remember how many bytes).
      • Aug 23
      • Wing Power-up issue
        BigFire Hi Paul - The partition had over 300MB free, but I did remove my archived firmware file folder and it now show up with the majority of the volume free. I also left the 1.10 file in the root (the mixer was on 1.11). When I boot it still does nothing. I am now willing to entertain rebuilding the OS volume assuming it may be corrupt. I do have a Ubuntu VM I can see the OS volume on, however I am completely oblivious as to how to rebuild the partition as you have previously described. Any chance you have a step-by-step process I can follow. I am afraid I will mess things up worse if I go blowing away partitions and not do it all correctly. I greatly appreciate your help thus far and hope there is a process I might be able to use and get things running again. I've got another 6 songs coming in for mixing from a client tomorrow that I have to turn around by the weekend and this is killing me! Thank you thank you!
        • Aug 24
  • New
    etconway1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-12

I opted to buy a demo model of the 2600  - less money, less waiting. It's great.

Understandably there's a big green "DEMO" sticker on the original box, but also curiously, a UPC label specifying an ID of "BEHR2600d2 Demo". So, it seems that specific units from the factory were designated demo units and I wonder if there are any differences, maybe having not come from the general production run, or revisions or something, I don't know. Just curious. I do know the filter mode switch does not change the sound under any conditions. Also, the colors are a bit off - more like dark grey and brown rather than black and orange (I kinda like it though).  Other than that it's a joy. 

read more...
    0 10
  • New
    OlcGlas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-19

I'm looking to buy one from the batch that has already been produced. 

Behringer!! Help!!

I'm dying to review this thing on Youtube!!

0 5
  • DanielGrenier
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-22
    0 199
  • mikedigital
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-05

I have recently discovered that the guitars are not coming out of the speakers. This particularly strange becuase I'm getting a valid signal from both my bass and the guitar. We are going direct out from the heads into the XR-16. Keys are going direct into the board, as are mics and those work perfectly but for some reason, no guitar and bass. We've tried plugging them into the high gain channels and...I don't know..."regular" channels. We've tried using channels that do work like the keyboardists channe or a working microphone channel and neither work. Bass is going XLR to XLR and nothing. Guitar is going 1/4 to 1/4 and nothing. Just guitar amp to mixer and nothing.

I just don't understand how X-Air can see there is a decent signal but yet won't output anything to the speakers. We've played acoustic direct in and it works perfectly. It seems it hates electric guitars.

Phew. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

read more...
    0 86
    • mikedigital
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Michael @mikedigital 

Welcome to the forum. Make sure that those channels' Main LR are enabled (on the Main screen).

• January 5, 2020
    • mikedigital
      mikedigital

I actually pulled working inputs out and replaced it with the guitars and still got nothing out. We're talking a direct swap from working keyboards to non-working guitar. Both were showing equal signals in the x air app

• January 5, 2020
    • mikedigital
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Michael @mikedigital 

I have recently encountered some guitars that work fine with an active DI (Behringer DI100) but will not work with a Radial passive DI (Pro DI), probably due to the type of pickup used in the guitar. But I have not encountered any instrument plugged into an X-Air console that didn't give something of an output, albeit low level. I would suggest you save your scene to a file (using X-Air Edit for PC, Mac, linux or Raspberry Pi - not iPad) and attach it to your next response (Choose file below). We can have a look and better advise.

• January 5, 2020
  • sketchie
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-08

Having problems with the Synth Tool V2.3.5 not working with the MS-1, not sure what firmware, can't tell!

Synth tool works with my Crave though so the software works but doesn't recognise the MS-1, I therefore can't control the sequencer or set up midi sync, nor store patterns etc.

Desperate for a solution, any ideas, tips?

thanks in advance

read more...
    0 135
    • sketchie
      sketchie

I've some good news! 

My computer crashed, (not associated with Synth Tool) after restarting I thought i'd give it one more go,

amazingly the software (I started with V2.3.4) worked, BANG straight in no problems
      ?

I'm assuming there must have been a corruption in the registry or driver, but all is well as far as I can tell!

I'll update here if anything goes wonky again as i now have a vague clue as to where to start
      ? 
      • April 9, 2020
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-08-26
    Hi,

it would be nice to have corner in this forums (perhaps even some kind of database), where it is possible to share presets for FX, EQ, dynamics etc.

thanks
    Blechi
    0 6,030
    • InactiveUser
      JasonNowka I agree!
      • August 28, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser I agree !!!
      • September 2, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser It would be cool !!!
      • November 26, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      KevinHunter

blechi;436 wrote:

Hi,

it would be nice to have corner in this forums (perhaps even some kind of database), where it is possible to share presets for FX, EQ, dynamics etc.

thanks

Blechi

If behringer doesn't want to do this then www.x32user.net is already set up for this purpose

Kev
      • November 26, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      JürgenKirkovits

starstruck;1473 wrote:

If behringer doesn't want to do this then www.x32user.net is already set up for this purpose

Kev

It just seems that noone wants to upload anything, not even the site administrator. The only preset that is online just initializes the console, and I wouldn't waste a scene slot for that one when I just need to go into the Setup menu.
      • November 27, 2012
  • RichardIreson
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-05-25

Any one help with this knotty problem?

I have a new pc, spec below. My UMC404HD now glitches then cuts out. I have tried all the diagnostics I can think of but to no avail to include:

Buffer sizes

Changed motherboard from H310 to Z390 chipset

Removed video and wifi cards

Disabled all onboard audio drivers.

Removed all drives and replaced with ssd from old machine.

Tested UMC404HD and USB cable on another pc.

Example of glitching in link below.

I've run out of ideas!

Any ideas?

PC spec

Asus Prime Z390- Bios ver 2606
    16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (1 x 16GB)
    Intel Core i5-9500 3.0GHz
    Graphics Card 1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE 710
    256GB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA
    1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5, ST1000DM010-2EP102 HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHEHL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSDS DVD drive
    CORSAIR 350W VS SERIES™ VS-350 POWER SUPPLY
    WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
    LOGITECH® K120 USB KEYBOARD
    Mouse LOGITECH® OPTICAL USB MOUSE
    Windows 10 Home v1909 os build 18363.836 64 bit.
    Case AVP MAMBA BLACK CASE
    AOC 23.6" E2470SWH LED - 1920 x 1080,1MS, D-Sub, DVI-D, HDMI

Behringer UMC404HD
    S/N S1400832BCH
    Date code 1411.

Glitching example

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1koEQBrpnR-Wvi3-JsPgTTknwg88VP8Ci/view?usp=drivesdk

read more...
    1 164
    • RichardIreson
      RexBeckett

@RichardIreson 

Hello Richard, welcome to the community.

Which USB ports have you tried? Audio interfaces usually work better on USB 2.0 ports. I've found that the USB-C ports on recent PC designs seem to support USB 2.0 devices better than USB 3.x ports do.

• May 24, 2020
    • RichardIreson
      RichardIreson

All of them, 2.0,3.0 front and back

• May 24, 2020
    • RichardIreson
      RexBeckett

@RichardIreson wrote:

All of them, 2.0,3.0 front and back

@RichardIreson 

I would contact Asus to see if they have any suggestions for driver or BIOS settings that might solve the problem.

• May 24, 2020
    • RichardIreson
      RichardIreson

Have you ever come across a problem like this before?

• May 24, 2020
    • RichardIreson
      RexBeckett

@RichardIreson wrote:

Have you ever come across a problem like this before?

@RichardIreson 

Not exactly. There were audio issues with the AMD Ryzen chipset but that does not apply here. You might check-out this report on audio issues with Windows 10 but it should not affect V1909 although disabling audio enhancements is usually a good idea anyway.

• May 24, 2020
  • JawsMcBitems
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-04
    Just got a Behringer CDP1000 concert piano, used. Missing cord from pedals to keyboard. Circular plug on keyboard, square-ish plug at pedal interface. Tried net, Amazon, and Ebay to no avail. Any ideas?
    1 55
  • bala76
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-20

Hi,

I have a Behringer Uphoria UM2 audio interface. When I connect the device to the computer it wouldn't power up. I checked the drivers and they don't work. I tried connecting a MIC with XLR cables and this wouldn't activate the 48 V phantom power when connected to the computer. I have installed the ASIO driver and this won't recognize the device too. The old Behringer drivers don't work too. I require some advice on this.

Regards

Bala

read more...
    0 2,259
    • bala76
      RexBeckett It sounds as though the UM2 has not installed correctly in Windows. See if these notes help.
      • August 20, 2020
    • bala76
      bala76 Thanks for the quick reply. I've added a screenshot of the errors I'm getting on my computer. I've tried updating the drivers. There is one USB Codec error and there's one for the Behringer device. Even when I unplug the device and reconnect, the same errors show up.
      • August 20, 2020
    • bala76
      RexBeckett Other users have had similar problems when they installed that very old driver. I think it was intended for use with Windows XP. It is also apparently difficult to uninstall it completely. There are a few websites that explain how to remove drivers completely from Windows 10. e.g. This one.
      • August 20, 2020
      • Problem Powering the Behringer Uphoria UM2 audio interface
        bala76 Cheers Mate ! I have fixed the problem. After a few days of brainstorming I found that if I uninstalled the audio interface from the device manager along with the Behringer driver and then plug the interface back in to the computer, the signals all light up and it works like a charm. Connected the XLR cables to the MIC and it works. The signals show up. Thanks once again for the timely help.
        • August 22, 2020
    • bala76
      bala76 Problem Solved !
      • August 22, 2020
Go to page