Statistics

259,819 members
138,238 posts
  • Xiuxiu03
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-07-03
    Hi. I’m a poly d owner since last week. I wanted to update the firmware but it doesn’t work. A window pops up and says “ update faild, try again“ another window pops up either and says the Poly-D is DFU mode please update firmware. Nothing works no keys no knobs no sound.. the Power light blinks green and red . I have to take it from the usb first and turn it off and on and the. It works again. So why is that. Why is a firmware update via synthtool app Not possible. Can anyone help?!
    read more...
    0 104
    • Xiuxiu03
      punkinjunction Is it working ok? I believe this is the experience you will have if your unit already has the latest firmware. I recently purchased my poly-D which appears to have the latest firmware, however, I get the same error when I attempt to update it.
      • August 4, 2020
  • axeslinger1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-06

How long does it take to hear anything about a ticket for warranty repair?

0 39
    • axeslinger1
      RexBeckett It may take a few days in the current situation. You should have received a confirmation email within a day or two. If not, check your email spam/junk folder.
      • August 6, 2020
    • axeslinger1
      Nigel67 What was your ticket number and I can check for you
      • August 7, 2020
  • sandfly
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-10

Hi - I have been donated a MiniFBQ Graphic EQ and a MiniCOM800 compressor - not sure how to connect them into my PC.

I use a UMC204HD as my external sound card into a set of 2:1 Logitech speakers. Can anyone tell me how I link the EQ and Compressor into that setup please?

Many thanks

read more...
    0 153
    • sandfly
      DavidKnighton Hello Norman Fletcher,
      To connect these devices, you will need to come out of the UMC204HD and into the first device, then out of the first device into the second device, then out of the second device and into your speakers. If you want my professional opinion, the COM800 will probably not do so much for you in this situation. It would be better used in conjunction with an input into your audio mixer/interface. The FBQ however will be useful as it will give you a way to fine tune your speakers for the room. Not to say you can't use the COM800 as well, but the sound coming from your computer is likely going to be already compressed/mastered, so adding more compression can actually make the audio sound worse if you're not careful.
      • October 13, 2020
  • New
    TedJones
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-11-26

Hi,

Just purchased the Behringer UMC1820. Using Reaper as my DAW. When I pan an inturment I can hear it in my main speakers but not in my headphones. Any ideas?

0 78
    • TedJones
      Nigel67 Hi TedJones, there is no pan facility on the UMC1820, and can you identify which headphones and main speakers you are describing, from the UMC1820 or the DAW, and is it on playback or recording that you have the issue. If it is the DAW, then I am afraid that you will need to contact the DAW manufacturer for their advice as we do not support DAW operation. You haven't mentioned which OS you are using. If it is Windows 10, then you will need to make sure that you have the recording and playback settings set up as 2 channel in the Sounds Setting.
      • November 26, 2020
    • TedJones
      TedJones Hi Nigel, Sorry I didn't furnish more information previously. I am aware that there is no pan facility on the unit itself. I am using Behringer HMP1000 headphones plugged into Phones A on the UMC1820 set to 1-2. Main speakers are Behringer Truth B2030A hooked to Main Out 1/L and 2/R in the UMC1820. This is during playback while trying to mix making comparisons from main monitors to headphones. I am using Windows 10 and sound settings are set to 2 channel, 24bit, 48,000bit (Studio Quality). I have tried other DAW's thinking it may be a setting in Reaper but get the same result.
      • November 26, 2020
    • TedJones
      TedJones This is solved. I swapped out the 1/8 to 1/4 adapter and it worked fine. Not sure what the problem was with the other adapter since it is the one that came with the headphones but...now I'm good.
      • November 26, 2020
      • Headphones not panning
        Nigel67 Many thanks for the feedback TedJones. The only thing that I can think of with headphones these days is that some adapters screw on and a lot of people when first using the adapter (me included) do not realise this. Therefore, if you do not screw the adapter on, but just push the mini adapter into it, then it will not go all the way in and you find that the tip and ring get shorted thus giving a mono sound. have a look to see if there is a screw thread, this may be the cause. All the best
        • November 27, 2020
  • New
    RichardGregory
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-11

The subject line says it all... is the view button supposed to be lit continously?  Selecting any other view button does not extinguish this view button light, but the newly selected view button will light in addition to this one. I am referring to the section immediately to the right of the display. 

I am a new owner and while watching videos on operation noticed this view button is not continously lit in the videos. I am running the latest current firmware on the Wing. The board functions fine as best we can tell, but only have two Sundays under our belts.  It's a mental thing as if this is not normal operation, what other surprises might we find over time? Other than this question, very pleased with the Wing.

I searched the forums prior to this post and didn't see anything relative, but could have missed it. Also what little documentation I could find does not address this.

Thanks for your assistance,

Richard

read more...
    0 34
    • RichardGregory
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Richard, suffice it to say that the continuous lit View button is not normal (I just checked my Wing). What firmware version does the Wing currently use (in Setup, left side)? If it isn't 1.10.1, I would suggest you update it from the Wing's product page (under software on the right side). Here is the link
      https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0BV2
      • Jan 10
      • Wing Channel Strip Section View Button Lit Continuously
        RichardGregory Thanks Paul. I am running 1.10.1 firmware. Looks like my next step is to reset to factory defaults and see if the problem still exists.
        • Jan 10
        curtbl So, this trapped me early on, Check SETTINGS and the SURFACE tab, there is one setting i believe it is Screen follow Ch Select, if that is selected the view button to the right of the touch screen will be lit. Hopefully that is the issue
        • Jan 10
        RichardGregory Thanks. I will definitely check this BEFORE I do a reset. This may save me a lot of headaches.
        • Jan 11
        RichardGregory Update: curtbl is correct. I found the setting and turned it off and no more light as previously reported. I feel better knowing a brand new board doesn’t have a hardware issue. Thanks for the assistance.
        • Jan 11
  • New
    dcfoster
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-25

We have an X32 with Ver 4 firmware.  Looking at the board, how do I know which scene is loaded?  I can't find that information on any view.

0 25
    • dcfoster
      -mjk- On the scene screen, in the upper left at the top, the current scene is shown. You can verify that by scrolling up or down. The GO light will not be lit when the current scene is selected, but it will light when any other scene is selected.
      • Jan 25
    • dcfoster
      DavidKnighton Hello dcfoster,
      There is an option in the SETUP>CONFIG menu to display scene name at the top of the GUI.
      • Jan 25
    • dcfoster
      dcfoster mjk and David, thanks for your replies. mjk described well what I was expecting to see, and David you correctly lead me to the setting to get there. This solves my issue ... thanks again for your timely help!
      • Jan 25
  • New
    CamS
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-02-09

Has anyone found a way to control the XR-18 over the internet?  With all the live streaming going on, I'd like to be able to have a sound person mix my performance remotely so they can be mixing based on what they hear coming across the live stream vs. being onsite and hearing us live.  

Possible???

read more...
    0 38
    • CamS
      DavidKnighton Hello CamS,
      As long as you have a laptop connected to your mixer for control, you can give anyone remote access to your computer and they can make adjustments via the EDIT app. The only drawback here is that they will not be able to hear anything over this connection. This shouldn't matter because they would be listening to a live feed online anyways. Just bear in mind there may be some latency between making adjustments and hearing the adjustment in the live feed.
      • Feb 10
    • CamS
      GeorgeDougherty As David noted, Latency WILL be a problem. Your best bet is someone in another room alongside the video crew with a good set of headphones.
      The XR-18 wouldn't be my first choice for a dual live and streaming board. It will do okay if you dedicate a stereo mixbus pair for the stream but I'd prefer a step up to the X32 rack and having matrix outs to dedicate to a stream.
      That's personal preference since I like basing the stream off the bus processing I'm doing for the main mix and I'm admittedly very spoiled on the higher end desks I regularly utilize.
      • Feb 10
    • CamS
      CamS Thanks guys. I hadn’t thought of just a standard remote connection through the Mac. Good suggestion. For my application, this is actually a reasonable approach as the mix is simple and the only thing needed live is monitors — there is no live audience. I start the event normally with a solid, albeit rough mix. As long as the engineer was patient with the latency, it would be fine just to dial-in the mix a bit more. Thank you all. Increased streaming is creating some interesting new scenarios and it’s fascinating seeing how it’s moving technology in new directions.
      • Feb 10
      • Controlling the XR-18 from anywhere on the internet
        GeorgeDougherty Given that a good live mix should have reverb adjusted per song and reduced during any live banter portions outside of songs it would be next to impossible to accomplish in a timely fashion on the typical stream delay.
        • Feb 11
    • CamS
      LuukvanKuipers Another possibility to remote control the XR-18 over internet is setting portforwarding in your router, the XR uses port 10024.
      Example the mixer is on 192.168.1.32 and uses port 10024, you have to make a portforwarding rule 192.168.1.32:10024 . Over internet you can connect to your XR18 bij connecting "your outside ip adress":10024.
      You can find your outside ip adres over here https://whatismyipaddress.com/
      • Feb 11
  • New
    ralfrottmann
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-26

Quick one: Does the Behringer WING have timecode support and if, also support for external timecode sources?

0 49
  • New
    Tinkertra1n
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-30

Hi,

If you ever get around to release a new firmware for the DeepMind 12 (fingers crossed) I'd like to suggest a new feature: High note pitch bend mode. In this mode, only the highest played note would be affected by the pitch bend. This would allow you to hold a chord or drone with your left hand while doing bends to a single note melody line you play with you right hand. This could be applied to aftertouch as well, giving you a poor man's implementation of poly aftertouch.

Cheers

read more...
    0 47
  • New
    PAQUET
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-17

Hi,

my usb key ULM 200D is broken.

can i get just the key and not buy twin microphones together. And if yes where?

Thanks for your answers

jean-pierre paquet

0 72
    • PAQUET
      DavidKnighton Hello PAQUET,
      Please click the SUPPORT link at the top of the page and submit a SPARE PARTS inquiry. You should be able to purchase a new USB Dongle.
      • Jun 17
Go to page