Statistics

289,921 members
172,495 posts
  • New
    Andrew25
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-04-12

Our band uses the xr18 mixer for all our gigs and sometimes we have to connect the main outs into the house console at a venue.

Do the XR18 XLR outs have phantom power protection? 

0 64
    • Andrew25
      RexBeckett Hi Andrew, I would play it safe and use line-level isolating transformers or DI boxes between the two consoles. As well as blocking phantom, these will also avoid potential ground loops.

e.g. https://www.amazon.com/ART-DTI-Transformer-Isolator-Eliminator/dp/B0009GUOQA/
      • April 12, 2021
    • Andrew25
      Nigel67 Hi Andrew25. I would definitely advise the same as Rex and get a couple of isolating transformers or DI boxes as they will more than likely save you money in the long run. The XR18 does have protection against phantom power being applied to its outputs, however eventually the circuitry will break down if phantom power is applied enough times and the XR18 will then require repairing. This will happen to the analogue outputs on any manufacturers console eventually. I have seen it many times, even on the high end Pro gear.
      • April 12, 2021
    • Andrew25
      Andrew25

Thanks for the info. Is it ok to use a pair of BSS AR-133 DI boxes on the outputs? https://bssaudio.com/en/products/ar-133

• April 13, 2021
      • Phantom power protection for behringer XR18 XLR outputs
        RexBeckett Yes a pair of BSS AR-133s should work well, Andrew. Place them close to your XR18 to minimize the length of the unbalanced cables.
        • April 13, 2021
  • New
    Drums428
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-30

Hi, the Behringer PMP6000 has 2 powered outputs "A + B." There's 3 options to route the signal: Stereo L + R, Mono monitors + Mono FOH, and Mono Bridged out. 

My question is when in Stereo L+ R, where is the 2nd fader? The only fader that seems to work is the Main 1 fader.

Are channels A + B both controlled by 1 fader (main 1)? (This seems to be the case) I've never seen that before. I need to be able to adjust stereo L and R separately as they are different speakers. 

How can I make this work to control Mains L and R independently? 

Thanks for the help!

read more...
    0 85
    • Drums428
      WilliamR Hello, William from musictribe here. Yes, the stereo mains are controlled on the main fader 1 fader. If you want independent volume control for the left and right, you will use the balance knobs on each individual channel.
      • May 30, 2021
  • New
    stephanthemps
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-02

the setup I use is an X32 rack connected to a PC laptop running X32 Edit controlled by a Dell Touchscreen.

Radomly the software will loose connection with the X32 rack. It is often stable for a couple of hours but when it looses connection ones it seems to loose connection every coouple of minutes or so. X32 rack connects directly to PC. Just using DHCP at the moment.

Is there something I can do to make this stable?

read more...
    1 42
    • stephanthemps
      Paul_Vannatto Is your PC connected to the X32 Rack using wired (ethernet) or wireless (wifi) and are you using a router in between the PC and X32? If you are using wired connection, I would suspect one of the ethernet cables is flakey (yes they do go bad). If you are using wifi, change to the 5Ghz band instead of the 2.4Ghz.
      • July 2, 2021
    • stephanthemps
      GaryHiggins I would try static ip’s also if it persists, can’t hurt.
      • July 2, 2021
  • New
    NickR
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-26

Hi I purchased a Q1202USB and the power unit is humming/buzzing it's really noisy and obviously annoying. Is there anything I can do. Or maybe this would be something that Behringer would send me a replacement please??? 

0 10
  • New
    DennisMilsom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-15

So I am running some line level gear into channels (not 1 or 2) and without having the gain set to around +25 dB, the metering bars barely register and the sound output is quite low.

Instrument output levels are nominal, so there is plewnty of signal going in.

Is there some switch I am missing to force a channel to line-level and not MIC? I sorta thought the inputs were auto-detecting?

read more...
    0 54
    • DennisMilsom
      Paul_Vannatto Something is not right Dennis. I've used the standard channel inputs (1-16) for line level signals without any issues. What input (XLR or 1/4") of the combo jack are you using?
      • October 15, 2021
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

Hey Paul :), thanks for the reply - running three line ins (1/4") to channels 15,16,17 - I thought that these combo jacks "auto-sensed" the input between mic/line ....I agree that having to run the gain out to +24 is a bit worrying, although IIRC I have read elsewhere that apparently these figures on the XR are a bit misleading....having said that the hiss levels are noticeable, not overly so, but there!

• October 15, 2021
    • DennisMilsom
      Paul_Vannatto The 1/4" jacks of the combo jacks bypass the preamps, since they are meant for line-type levels. The XLR typically are used for mics and the signal does go through the channel's preamp. If you are having to boost the gain significantly and are getting noticeable hiss, it means that there is something wrong with the input signal. The 1/4" jacks are balanced TRS (signal+, signal-, shield) mono inputs, not stereo inputs (left, right, shield). If you are using TRS cables and the signal source is a stereo signal, the XR18 balanced input will be greatly reduced due to cancellation by the balanced configuration.
      • October 15, 2021
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

As I wrote above Paul, these are mono 1/4" jacks - the XR12 had 1/4" jacks but as you know the 18 only has XLR's - if I run these same cables into another device, there is plenty of signal I can assure you haha! It's why I was thinking there must be a switch somewhere in the XR Edit app to set it. Again, I thought the inputs also auto-sensed a mono or stereo cable....should I use stereo cables instead?

• October 15, 2021
    • DennisMilsom
      Paul_Vannatto No, the XR18 XLR jacks are combo jacks. In the middle of each XLR jack is a 1/4" jack. The inputs are not "auto sensing". But the XLR of the jack goes through the preamp (expecting a mic level input) and the 1/4" of the jack bypasses the preamp. Also, no there is no switch to set the inputs.

Are you using TSR (stereo 1/4" to stereo 1/4"), TS (mono 1/4" to mon 1/4") cable to connect the line level gear to the XR18?
      • October 15, 2021
  • New
    philou61
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-28

bonjour

pour l achat d un UMC1820 thomman dit sur son site que

un package inclut une suite logicielle complète pour l'enregistrement et le post-traitement.

thomman dit que je doit voir  sur le site behringer

mais je ne le trouve nul part , quelqu un sais ou le trouver

merci

read more...
    0 24
  • New
    dschamus
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-30

I have an OLD keyboard that does not have USB MIDI, but just 5-Pin DIN in/out connectors.

How do I set up the Behringer XR18 to pass music data out on the USB cable to Pro Tools.  THe keyboard (Yamaha PSR 510) is the only MIDI device

Dave

read more...
    0 15
  • New
    JoeA
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-08

I have an NX6000 that came with a Euro style 220-240v cord. Do I need to change the power supply to run 120v 60hz in the US?

0 9
    • JoeA
      Dale_M Please note this is not a possible option as there are different power variants of the amp available depending on the terriototy it is sold in (Japan/Europe/USA) they cannot be converted.
      • Mar 9
  • New
    sdecicco51
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-02

I'm thinking of purchasing a behringer pmp2000d powered mixer to replace a similar Behringer model I bought a few years ago. This is said to be a stereo mixer with two amps that can be configured to drive left and right mains, or mono output to mains and the other amp drives monitors. It also has stereo inputs.

The odd thing is that it has no pan controls. My older model was configured with two amps that can be configured to drive left mains and right mains but had a pan control on every channel.

Does that mean the behringer pmp2000d really just has mono output?

read more...
    0 7
    • sdecicco51
      Dale_M Hi there, no there is no pan feature so I guess you could argue it's mono but there are 2 output channels of audio splitting the audio to both left and right so technically this is stereo, although no pan feature is available as there is no pan present on any of the individual channels.
      • May 3
  • New
    acabrecords
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-09

Hi everyone! 
    so just wanna say I really love the poly D! The tones that can come out of this beauty is insane!

The only problem I have is there's a couples of keys (A2,A#2,B2) that are making a weird sticky sound when i press them a bit harder, like a physical sticking plastic sound! So i thought oh maybe i got a bad unit so I ordered a second one, which to my dismay, does the same thing but just on different keys this time. 

it doesn't affect the sound in anyway but at a 1000$ CAD I would have liked to see a better quality control!

Im hesitating about my next move, do I send them back to amazon and hope that the third one is gonna be ok? Is it worth it or they all do that? 

View Video
    read more...
    0 10
    • acabrecords
      NicJonesMT Hi Acabrecords.
      Is this happening just on these specific keys or on all?
      There is a small rubber bump stop underneath the keys with an air pocket in. If you push the keys with some force it causes the pop noise, as the air is released.
      Can you please click support at the top of the page, and provide a short video of the noise you are getting. From there we can then try to determine if it is the bump stop or something else that you are getting.
      • Jun 10
      • Poly D sticky key sounds
        acabrecords Hi Nick! So on the first unit it was the key mentioned above and on the second it’s B3, C3 and D3.
        • Jun 10
      • Poly D sticky key sounds
        acabrecords i did posted a video on the post but when i get home ill take another one and send it to support! Thanks
        • ·
        • Jun 10
Go to page