Statistics

305,265 members
189,543 posts
  • New
    VickiBarnes
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-10-12

Hello,

I have had an X32 for years and use it in a live situation.

Awesome board and works as it should.

I recently bought an X32 Compact for my studio and rehearsal space.

Here is the issue.

My X32, if it were to lose power, or if you just turn it off after a sound check, when you turn it back on it goes right back to the last scene with all latest adjustments.  I'm aware of the 1-3 minute rule or however long it takes to save the last changed setting.

My X32 Compact on the other hand, if you turn it off, it doesn't even go to the last scene used.  It loads another random scene that I have saved.

I am aware of the SHUTDOWN button, which yes does what it should.  I turn the unit back on and it goes back to where I was.

What if i were mixing 20 channels and multiple headset mixes and making adjustment during a show and the power goes out?

I cannot find any setting that makes the machine go back to the last settings used.

Any help?

And thanks!

read more...
    0 7
    • VickiBarnes
      Paul_Vannatto You should save whatever you want to revert back to, to a scene, either on the console or use M32-Edit. These scenes can be deleted later if you don't want to keep them. If your X32 Compact doesn't seem to be automatically saving (every 2 minutes or so), you may need to change the internal battery (that also keeps the clock time).
      • Oct 12
      • X32 and Last Known Settings
        VickiBarnes Hi!
        • Oct 12
        VickiBarnes Thank you. I am aware of saving and deleting. The battery is good, as it does save settings. Just when powered on it does not revert back as it should. The M32's do and the X32 does.
        • Oct 12
        KevinMaxwell Check the clock on the X32 Compact and see it is is set right and if it shows the right time when you turn the mixer back on. Do you have a small USB thumb drive in the X32 Compact? There is a way to set it up to always starts in a particular scene and I think it involves a scene on the USB thumb drive on the surface of the mixer.
        • Oct 12
        VickiBarnes I'll have to check again on the clock. The last time I checked, it was correct. No USB inserted. Again, my concern is if I am doing a live show and we lose power, I don't want to hit save every time I change someone's fader. My other full size X32 works as it should. Loads last settings used. Thanks!!!
        • Oct 12
        VickiBarnes Clock is running perfectly.
        • Oct 12
    • VickiBarnes
      philipangell44 Interestingly, I have three MR18’s and a M32C. The newest of the three MR18’s, which I got about 18 months ago (the others are like 6+ years old), does not save the current scene. If I make changes, then shut it off without saving, when I power it up, it somehow reverts to the pre- change settings. Makes no sense from a technical perspective, but I’ve tested a number of times, and that one consistently does it.

I have had the same concerns as you on a live show situation.
      • Oct 12
        VickiBarnes Then I am guessing that like me you haven't been updating the firmware in the older units and it's the new firmware causing the issue.
        • Oct 12
    • VickiBarnes
      VickiBarnes So here is what I THINK I figured out. When powered off and back on the board seems to load the last SAVED scene. Any changes made while it is on ARE saved every 1-2 minutes. So I guess I am OK with this as long as I save what ever show I am mixing before we start. Thanks for all the help!
      • Oct 12
    • VickiBarnes
      Paul_Vannatto For all of my live events, I always connect my console (MR18, X32 Rack or Wing) to a UPS. That way, if there is a power outage or glitch, the console will remain on.
      • Oct 12
  • RikRayner
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-07-16

A bit of an odd quesrtion so please bear with me.

I plan on using the X32 X-USB card to record gigs, but as I use Auria on ipad, I am limited to recording 24 tracks of audio (an iOS limitiationwhich presents a bit of a problem...

As I have a wireless mic sitting in the rack plugged directly into channel 16 I have the inputs configured as 

• 1-8 - SD16 1-8 - drum mics
    • 9-16 - Inputs 9-16 - connected rack wireless RX
    • 17-24 - SD16 9-16 - backline mics/DIs
    • 25-32 - SD8 1-8 - front stage backing vocal mics, ambient mics

Now as you can see, I have exceeded the 24 channel count for Auria so I was wondering if it was possible to send the vocal mic directly to an output on either SD  device, and run it straight back into an SD device channel purely for recording, that way I could configure my X-USB card - 

• 1-8 SD16 1-8
    • 9-16 SD16 9-16
    • 17-24 SD8 1-8

The only pertinent question is would the latency be a problem?  This could, of course, be corrected in my DAW by bringing the tracks into line.  Is the idea feasible/crazy/weird?  Is there perhaps a better way to achieve this that I just have't seen or realised that the X32 can do with the plethora of routing options available?

Thanks in advance,

Rik

read more...
    1 218
    • RikRayner
      DaveMorrison

@RikRayner 

If you're not using P16 (Ultranet), you could use the Ultranet routing table to re-arrange any or the 32 channels or busses (16 of them) to send to the card interface. 

• July 16, 2019
  • KenMitchell
    Rock Star - Level 3
    2019-08-25

In the spirit of XAirRemote (inspired by @EdGelmetti ), I've started work on X32Remote (inspired by @droberts ). 

X32Remote is a bridge that sits between a TouchOSC or Lemur client and an X32 console and allows the client to have two-way communication with the X32.  Why is this needed? Anyone who's tried to get TouchOSC or Lemur to work with an X32 knows that they don't support the single "listen" OSC port in the same way X32 Edit does, so they can't carry on a two-way conversation.  Also, neither client was designed to periodically send the required "/xremote" OSC command to the console to keep updates alive.  X32Remote solves both ot these issues. 

So far I have channel and bus master fader, mute, pan, and solo working as well as dca on/off and fader. My next task is to implement scene loading so X32 scenes can be loaded with a single button press. 

I'm currently developing on the Raspberry Pi so all of the Alpha binaries will be for that platform. I plan to suport Mac, Linux, and Windows in future builds. Please let me know what controls you'd like to see implemented on the bridge.  Bus sends for monitor mixes come to mind. 

Ken

read more...
    3 547
    • KenMitchell
      KenMitchell

I'll have the first alpha build ready later today for anyone who wants to try it out.  Again, it will only be available as a Raspberry Pi binary for now. 

Ken

• August 28, 2019
  • Ms_CLean
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-10-28

Hi Behringer please add midi local off for the MS 1. When using midi USB its creating midi loops with my DAW when using the MS 1 arp / sequencer, thanks

0 339
  • DeclanSlater
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-03-04

had to zip the file, as forum hates most file types...  sorry,

Would someone please check out this snapshot?  I was messing around feeding some matrix busses from the various main busses, and flipping through the assignments with the SOF FLIP button engaged.  As I checked through the MAIN 1-4 busses to see what was routed to what matrix, by hitting the SELECT buttons for MAIN 1-4, I noticed very unpredictable behaivior; 

- sometimes the matrix busses would be unmuted, sometimes selecting the very same MAIN send the very same matrix bus would be muted.

- sometimes the matrix bus faders would be up to 0, sometimes selecting the same MAIN send, looking at the same matrix bus the faders would be all the way down.

- happens most often when simply selecting any different one of the 4 different MAIN busses than you have currently selected, using SOF FLIP.

WING-WACKY.SOF.FLIP.snap.zip
    read more...
    0 132
    • DeclanSlater
      GaryHiggins

@DeclanSlater 

I gave it a go, kind of scared me Yiles. There is a lot going on there, osc is on, actively running on some ch's and feeding some of your mains in some way....I didn't leave it on long I am unsure what you were finding with sof and your mains. I did try several main ch's with SOF. Just to be clear you are seeing the same main ch with a different result each time? SOF will show all ch's that belong to it as NOT muted. All ch's that don't belong to it are bright red muted. Depending on the focus of the left and center banks, it can easily look different. With a Matrix view center bank, I would think you would see some strange appearing results using SOF as some mains could belong and some not. It seems to me the SOF acts like it should given the apparant selections. Hope that helps some.

• March 4, 2020
  • LiamD
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-26

-Standard Mute off for sends to busses. This is logical because you don't want to be putting it off when you are 5 minutes to showtime and notice that all your input channels to your busses are muted. You lose a lot of time with that.

-Standard EQ on (disputable)

- Custom controls for channel specific functions: Gain, trim, Lowcut knob, hicut knob FOR SELECTED CHANNEL. So every time you select a channel, the custom control knows which channel to change.

- The ability to change folder names and snapchot names inside the wing

- when using mute groups, the groups are hard muted, maybe give the choise to hard mute or soft mute, could be nice

- When assigning stereo channels i really get annoyed by the fact that i can only assign channel 11 to 12 for example. I would like to assign channel 11 to 10 too. Maybe with a drag-select functionality. similar to soundcraft VI-series. Many boards have this nowadays and i would like it on the wing too. Saves a lot of time in the middle of a busy evening...

-show control features would be great too. Maybe think of the ability to add text to snapchots so you can write your cues.

Note that these are all possible improvements that I would like to see in the future. I'm really happy with my wing already, but these could take the board to a different level.

Regards

read more...
    1 137
  • RodSimon
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-08-28

Can you configure any of the stage boxes to have one of the inputs feed multiple outputs without any digital mixers?

Why? currently have a analog output that i need to send to a 6-8 port press box and at the same time keeping options open to add a digital mixer in the future.

read more...
    0 55
    • RodSimon
      john0121 Hi Rod, you would need a console to be able to set up this routing on the S16.
      • August 28, 2020
      • S16 used as a press box
        RodSimon i would like to use it without a digital console
        • August 28, 2020
    • RodSimon
      CraigFowler No. You can get one input to one output without a console, but not 1 input to many outputs without a console. You'd need the S16+X32Core as a minimum, or just get an X32 Rack. It can act as a stragebox in a wider ecosystem if it has to.
      Actually, on an S16\DL16 you could get one input to 1x XLR out + dual-mono phones out, giving you 3 analogue outputs (+ some digital) if you really wanted, without using a console.
      • August 28, 2020
      • S16 used as a press box
        GaryHiggins I think you would need additional equipment to get any xlr outs with a single S/DL16. That using the adat out port and an ada8200. It would need to be in sn master and splitter mode. Only way to get local inputs out is via Adat. Otherwise to use aes50 you would need 2 of them in stand alone configuration and with ada8200’s. Maybe you could stretch 3 xlr outs from 1 input but you would need the 2 stageboxes and ada8200’s and perhaps more...like something p16 related. At least no digital mixer :-)
        • August 28, 2020
  • GregoryKeith
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-23

I'm having a problem with the L channel on the output side of the mixer sound is very distorted what could be the problem

0 108
    • GregoryKeith
      RexBeckett Hi Gregory, there are several possible causes. You may be able to locate the issue with a few tests:

Try reducing the output level with the Main LR fader to see if the distortion changes.

Disable the Compressor and any Inserted FX in the Main LR bus.

Temporarily route the Main LR bus to a pair of Aux outputs to see if the problem is with the physical output. See screenshot of X-Air Edit.
      • October 23, 2020
    • GregoryKeith
      jmulvaney

I’m having the same problem. Did you ever track down the issue?

• May 28
  • New
    pessali
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-08

Hello,

My Behring UM2 interface is a month old and connected to a Windows 10 notebook. It was working just fine but started with a ticking noise out of the blue. What could this be? Any guess? Thanks.

0 276
    • pessali
      Nigel67 Hi, is this a ticking noise on the audio or a ticking noise emanating from the unit itself. If the latter, please fill out a service support ticket at the following link
      https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=service%20request
      If it is a ticking on the audio, did this start happening during use, or power up one day. If you listen to the main outputs of the UM2 or monitor on headphones, i.e staying in the analogue domain, do you hear the ticking? Has the Windows computer made an upgrade between the non ticking and when it started. Have you checked that they are both set to 48K or 44.1K as incorrect clocking could cause ticking.
      • December 7, 2020
      • U-Phoria UM2 interface with a ticking sound
        pessali Hi Nigel, thanks for your return. Here we go: 1) the ticking noise is on the audio. It's a tick every second, really like a clock. 2) It started during use and we can hear the ticking in both outputs (headphones and sound monitors). 3) No Windows update within the timespan when the ticking noise started. 4) And I just checked the clocks - they are both on 48k. Tried with 44.1 on both, but ticking continues.
        • December 8, 2020
  • New
    Tieske
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-23

Hi, after haven't used my td-8 for a while I wanted to use it again. I don't get any output from the main output. I do get output from the seperate outputs. Any idea how to fix this. last time I used it everything was working fine. 

0 99
    • Tieske
      DavidKnighton Hello T Gennip,
      The only output besides the MAIN on the rear would be the PHONES output on the top. The volume should affect both output types. If the rear MAIN output isn't working, you could have a damaged connector. Try wiggling the cable while connected to see if it makes even a small bit of contact. That could give you the answer. Beyond that, I would suggest opening a SUPPORT ticket for SERVICE REQUEST at the top of this page.
      • December 23, 2020
Go to page