Statistics

294,182 members
177,259 posts
  • macard
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-21

Hi, the Behringer  webpage for this item advertises < Extensive MIDI implementation and user preset memories for instant program recalls>  however, I see no reference to user preset memories in the user manual. can someone shed some light on how to save and recall presets on the device please.

read more...
    0 174
  • Bhajan
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-12-21

Hi does any one have any idea about the Klark Teknik display on the Behringer mixer Xenyx 1204 usb ..........its probably something really basic but the display seems to be stuck in a sub group it doesnt begin in the number categories plus there is no affect heard..............?regards Bhajan

read more...
    0 91
  • handyspoon
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-07

When I press the arp button and hold down a key, it plays the note once and not again. Hold down two keys or put the arpeggiator pattern into the multiple octave ones and it plays along happily. Anyone know won't it play a single note arp? I'm using it slaved to tempo via midi from pro tools but makes no differenece whether it's playing or not or if I take the tempo from the crave's own clock. Thanks

read more...
    0 439
    • handyspoon
      handyspoon

Solved! firmware update from 1.05 to 1.1.1 fixed the issue and it now plays single note arps

• February 9, 2020
  • PaulSteinberg
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-11

I'm on iOS 13.3.1.  The Vintage Room Reverb is causing the app to crash if I try to edit it.  If I change the effect to anything else it is fine and I can edit the parameters but Vintage Room Reverb causes the whole app to crash.

is anyone else having this problem?

read more...
    0 104
  • VMIJBF04
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-07

Hi there. I took the Default Scene, from which I have written a new Scene on X32 Edit for my church's X32 Compact and now no sound is coming out of any of the outputs. I'm sure I have missed something very simple, as I'm a bit of a novice on Digital Mixers.

From what I understand, by proxy, all Channel signals get routed to the L/M/R Bus and then can be assiged to matrixes afterward, at which point only 2 FX can be added to the singnal path globally (say the GEQ on L/M/R and a DeEsser on Matrix). 

What I'm trying to accomplish is to apply 3 separate FX to all the signals globally prior to exiting the board.

What I have done:

• Unassiged all of my Channels from LR and sent them all to a Mix Bus (FX 1 assigned to this Bus).
    • Sent the Bus to the LR Bus (FX 2 assigned to this Bus).  
    • Sent the LR Bus out to several Matrixes (FX across each Matrix)
    • Assigned the Matrix to the Outputs for the FOH L and R
    • This way, I achieve 3 FX on all the signals going out of the board...so I thought

Routing: 

• Main L was assigned to Out 7 --> I changed this to: Maxtrix 5 assigned to Out 7
    • Main R was assigned to Out 8 --> I changed this to: Matrix 6 assigned to Out 8

Issues:

• No sound coming out of the Speakers
    • I have not moved anything physically on the back of the board

Does anyone know what I have done wrong here? I have shared the scene file and a couple of pics for troubleshooting purposes. 

Thanks!

Old Scene RoutingOld Scene Routing

New Scene RoutingNew Scene Routing

HUPC BASELINE.scn
    read more...
    0 132
    • VMIJBF04
      DaveMorrison

@VMIJBF04 

The scene you posted does't match the picture of the new scene. Check your XLR routing. You have Out 9-16 going to both XLR 1-8 (and 9-16). Since the "New' scene has all Out 9-16 set to "off" you wouldn't get any signal to the XLRs.

• March 7, 2020
    • VMIJBF04
      VMIJBF04

@DaveMorrison The X32 Compact only has 8 physical XLR outputs...all of which are being used and none of which were moved or disconnected.

The old scene had Out 9-16 mirrored the same as Out 1-8...I'm guessing for internal routing/patching. I turned them OFF because I had no use for them and assumed it would have no effect on the routing of the output signals.

The only real change I made was changing the signal path going to Out 7&8 (FOH) from the LR Bus (stereo) to Matrix 5&6 (stereo pair). I'll check it again when I get back to the church.

Could there be something else wrong?

• March 7, 2020
    • VMIJBF04
      DaveMorrison

@VMIJBF04 

These should be 1-8

Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 7.10.51 PM.png

• March 7, 2020
    • VMIJBF04
      VMIJBF04

@DaveMorrison 
      I agree that's the way it should be, but the Default Scene that currently works is routed exactly like the picture you posted. I didn't change anything in routing except the P16 Ultranet and the Out 1-16 Tabs.

• March 7, 2020
  • JanWilliams
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-21

I wonder if anyone else has come across this problem. When Main/Matrix button is active on both the center section and the right section, moving the Main 1 fader on the center section will not move the Main 1 fader on the right section however moving the Main 1 fader on the right section moves the Main 1 fader on the center section. The photo below indicate this behavior. I reinstalled firmware ver. 1.05, tried changing the fader speed, initialized the console with the same result.  I also tried controlling remotely with mixing station and only the center main 1 fader moves.  When I change the center section and the right section to DCA, the same phenomenon. DCA 1 on the center section will not move DCA 1 fader on the right section.

I think this is a hardware related problem..

Any ideas or solutions would be appreciated.

wing_2.jpg
    read more...
    0 242
    • JanWilliams
      Paul_Vannatto

Hey Jan @JanWilliams 

It is working fine here (both directions). Have you tried initializing the console?

• March 21, 2020
    • JanWilliams
      GaryHiggins

@JanWilliams 

Seems at this point there would be no harm in loading a previous firmware file to see if it fixes the problem. I have copies of 0.18.1 and 1.01-1.05 if you need any. I am not 100% convinced (due to past experience with my M32) that the fader speed parts of the firmware could not be causing a glitch. It did with my M32 and also was fixed in a later firmware file. I'm also of the mind that trying different things in general may sometimes net you a solution.

Have you checked the link/layers part of setup? I think default is 'off' BUT there are I think 2 other options, right/center and left/center? It relates to the user banks but you never know. Also with the immense flexibility of custom layers you might try making a custom layer that copies exactly the layer that is malfunctioning, eg user 1 on the right bank exactly mirrors Main/Matrix on the right bank. If it is a fader issue both layers should respond exactly the same way. The other thing maybe worth trying is to initialize layers. If you press view in that layer, then the fader icon, then the little gear icon you can initilize layers.  Last of all I heard a new firmware file may be out this coming week and who knows what happens with that!

• March 21, 2020
    • JanWilliams
      JanWilliams

Thanks for all the information Gary.  I don't have any of the older firmware so if you don't mind sending it to me I would greatly appreciate it.  My email is [email protected]  Thanks again

• March 21, 2020
    • JanWilliams
      JanWilliams

Gary, 

I tried all the troubleshooting  that you suggested.  I even found 1.01 version of the firmware.  Sadly nothing worked to correct the problem.  I went ahead and requested warranty support from Behringer.  Hopefully I can just do a simple replacement with my retailer.  Thanks again for all your suggestions and assistance.

• March 21, 2020
    • JanWilliams
      Paul_Vannatto

Hey Jan @JanWilliams , I honestly don't think this is a firmware issue or we would all be having the same issue. Not entirely sure if it is hardware related, but is pointing in that direction IMO.

• March 21, 2020
  • henkjan
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-28

Hy everybody,

As i am new to the DM12 i am experimenting to get in control of this machine. Now i ran into an issue that i could not resolve with the manual. I can't find if the setting for the key velocity are gobal setting or that they are saved in to the patches. When i change these values they affect almost all the patches. Is there a way to assign certain values to explicit patches without affecting the others?

Kind regards,

Henk Jan Barendregt

read more...
    0 113
    • henkjan
      DaveMorrison

@henkjan 

The setting for the key velocity are gobal. To adjust each patch, you can adjust the modulation to the VCA : Level slider. Sometimes this will help.

• March 28, 2020
  • kesha1
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-06-07

I connected Roland PK 5A MIDI output to the Behringer MIDI In, the Motor is connected to a computer with Ableton.

When I set the Motor MIDI Through settings to Thru or Merge, and the USB Out Mode to Thru or Merge the signal from the Roland goes through the Motor, and is received by the Ableton, but not all the keys all the time are playing, and sometimes a sound keeps playing after I release a key, so, I have to press it again, or engage the Panic button. When the Roland is connected to the Ableton directly, without the Motor it plays perfectly, without any glitches.

What should I do in order to make the Roland (or any other instrument connected to the Motor's MIDI In) go through normally, without any glitches?

read more...
    0 63
  • bigmodular
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-20

Starsky Carr on YouTube does a very useful comparison between the Poly D and the Minimoog. https://youtu.be/f3dEAptsg_A

At the start he says if you want the Poly D to act more like a real Minimoog, first thing to do before you start using the POLY D is disengage the “Accent” which kicks in over a certain velocity threshold. And you take the accent off using the SynthTool.

The video shows him using SynthTool, where he changes the Velocity On setting to ‘Dynamic’. He then says to take/turn the accent off in Accent Velocity Threshold. But it’s not clear what he sets the Accent Velocity Threshold value to. The video screen shot shows a value of ‘52’. Is that the default setting or do you have to set it at 52? I would’ve thought that if you want to take/turn the accent off you set its value at zero.

Secondly, if I take the accent off will that interfere with other functions of the Poly D, like Uni and Poly modes, or Chorus and Distortion?

read more...
    0 330
    • bigmodular
      JoeRivers96 Hi bigmodular, the accent velocity threshold determines the velocity value required in order to trigger an accent. The Higher the velocity value, the more likely an accent will be played. This behaviour is slightly different across all of our synths, however a value lower than around 90 will ensure not every note is an accent.

Generally you will find that accented notes will not affect the behaviour of other functions of the synth such as uni/poly modes or any effects, however quite often you will find the DECAY dial is ineffective on an accented note.
      • August 20, 2020
    • bigmodular
      bigmodular Thanks for your reply Joe. That info is helpful. It looks like the accent velocity threshold value of 52 is a pretty safe setting, and if I want to turn it off completely I set it to zero. The whole point of my query and Starsky Carr’s tip is to get the Poly D to act more like a real Minimoog (while it is in Mono mode of course), which means keeping the accent velocity threshold low or even at zero.
      • August 20, 2020
  • Stevelane
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-27

Can I connect a USB Bluetooth dongle to my USB50 monitors so I can connect wirelessly to my TV?

0 100
    • Stevelane
      RexBeckett I'm afraid not, Steve. The 50USB is a USB client. USB Bluetooth dongles usually require to be connected to USB hosts (e.g. PCs). You may be able to achieve what you want by using a Bluetooth receiver with analogue outputs.
      • October 27, 2020
Go to page