Statistics

290,108 members
172,702 posts
  • New
    Thebigdipper
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-25

I own a 1202FX mixer. I've also just bought an 802 for a friend who asked me to get one for him to use on a project. Online sale, home delivery.

The first unit I was sent had a problem with the phantom power switch. It would turn it on and work, but when I pressed it again to turn phantom power off, it stayed on. I had to unplug power from the mixer and plug it in again to turn phantom power off. The 1202 I own is just a simple press once to turn it on, press again to turn it off.

The shop agreed to replace it, and sent me a second unit with the courier also collecting the first. That has the same fault. So the shop agreed to test a third unit before shipping. That is the same. These are all sealed-at-the-factory boxes, BTW.

So, a bad batch, you might think. Well, that can happen. No. The shop is trying to tell me that this is likely to be the way it works. They'll take it back, but they won't call it a faulty product. 

Is it a product fault or is it working as designed? Anyone? I'd actually ask Support, but I don't have the serial number available unless I unpack the repacked box I'm returning it in. 

read more...
    0 67
    • Thebigdipper
      DavidKnighton Hello TheBigDipper,
      It is not uncommon for the phantom power to take some time to discharge, so maybe what you're experiencing is a slow discharge. Try leaving it for a few minutes after switching phantom power off, and then come back to see if it's still powering the mic.
      • January 25, 2021
    • Thebigdipper
      RexBeckett I agree with David. It takes a few seconds, on these mixers, for the phantom power LED to extinguish after pressing the button to turn it off. This is due to the large capacitors that are used to avoid noise on the phantom supply. It will take even longer if there is no mic connected or the mic draws a low current.
      • January 25, 2021
    • Thebigdipper
      Thebigdipper Thanks for the replies, gents. The LED on my 1202FX fades and goes out after 5-6 seconds of turning off the power. The LED on both 802 units stayed on without dimming at all for several minutes before I turn off the power supply to the unit. I can't test if there's still power for the mic after several minutes because the units have gone back to the retailer.
      • January 25, 2021
    • Thebigdipper
      Thebigdipper I think I've spent enough time on this. The difference in how it works between my 1202FX and these 802s is too obvious to make me happy, and it's not for me anyway. My friend wanted a new unit, and the retailer selling these was doing so at a great price. The difference between the used price and new price was trivial. If he buys a new one elsewhere, the difference is a little more, so I'll see what he wants to do next. Thanks again for your input.
      • January 25, 2021
  • New
    avigroovebass
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-10

Hi, i have been using this umc22 behringer audio interface and i am facing issue with its driver.as i got asio4all driver for this product.is there any dedicated driver for this ?
    as asio4all is totally  a crap !!!

0 148
    • avigroovebass
      Dale_M Hi there, are you using the official asio4all driver as recommended on the product page? https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0AUX go to product library/software and remove any other drivers and replace with this one.
      • February 10, 2021
    • avigroovebass
      avigroovebass yes i am using the same one from the product page
      • February 10, 2021
    • avigroovebass
      avigroovebass hi Dale this is the same i am using but latency issues
      • February 10, 2021
    • avigroovebass
      Dale_M Can you advise if you get the same problem using another PC?
      • February 10, 2021
    • avigroovebass
      avigroovebass is there any dedicated driver for umc22 apart from asio4all
      • February 10, 2021
      • UMC22 audio interface driver issue
        Dale_M No this is the only driver, I would advise trying another computer to see if the problem follows the unit.
        • February 10, 2021
  • New
    PowerOne
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-27

Interested in purchasing the Powerplay Ha 8000 and would like to know if it will work in tandem with the p16 personal mixer  

0 82
    • PowerOne
      RexBeckett Hi PowerOne, is your plan to use the HA8000 to feed multiple headphones from a single P16-M? This should work provided everyone is happy to have the same monitor mix.

In my experience, musicians usually want individual monitor mixes. I don't see that the HA8000 would be much help with this.
      • February 27, 2021
  • New
    fawudd
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-12

On my new Macbook Pro M1 Big Sur, I am having the same symptoms as posted back in November by another X Touch 1 user. Fader at zero, no LEDs, blank scribble. Basically the X Touch is unrecognized and unusable. I am running the most current firmware 1.08. From what i have read, there is no Mac software/driver needed. Is anyone aware of a solution or is this still a Behringer technical issue?

read more...
    0 146
    • fawudd
      PedroRodrigues Hi fawudd, please consider that when it comes to updating to MacOS11 / Big Sur, this could lead to issues as our unit are not fully complaint.

However, USB audio/MIDI function of our products is fully USB 2.0 compliant and should keep working under CoreAudio as before.

The user must also consider that new Macs with Apple M1 (ARM-based) processors are not yet officially supported, the audio issues with M1 are purely Apple ‘s domain as this is caused by the new AMR architecture.
      For now, if you wish to use this unit you must downgrade your OSX version.
      Unfortunately, at this moment we cannot provide a time windows to when we will perform any update on our units.
      • March 24, 2021
    • fawudd
      fawudd Pedro, thanks for your response, but I am reading 2 different things. You are saying the unit is not fully compliant with Big Sur, but you are also saying that it should work just like any USB 2.0 compliant device. My X-Touch 1 device is not even recognized by the Macbook, but 7 of my older USB 2.0 devices are working without issue. It works fine when I connect back to my old windows laptop.
      • March 24, 2021
    • fawudd
      ErikBaker Pedro, I just bought an X-Touch one and have a MacBook Air running Waveform 11. I couldn’t get my x-touch working properly, then I stumbled onto this conversation. Any news if Behringer will be updating firmware so that the x-touch can function with MacOS Big Sur?
      • October 23, 2021
    • fawudd
      PedroRodrigues

Hi fawudd, you are correct your analysis, the unit work just like any USB 2.0 compliant device, the issue is that the Macbook M1 Big Sur being the new architecture will create issue interfacing with the X-Touch like its having issue with any other device that has software that was designed to operate with the Intel Mac chip.

• October 24, 2021
  • New
    AaronPlant
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-04-14

Hello all,

Quick and hopefully simple question... Can Ultranet be connected via a standard Ethernet network switch somehow?

I am trying to simplify the number of network devices in my setup as I am now networking my X32 Rack, X-Touch, MacBook, and S32 interface using CAT-6 cables - so I'm just wondering what would happen if some of these devices sat on the same network switch before reaching the other end into the devices... I think AES50 can travel through a standard Ethernet switch... not sure about Ultranet?

Any advice you have would be very much appreciated :)

Thanks, Aaron.

read more...
    0 1,545
    • AaronPlant
      Nigel67 Hi Aaron. Unfortunately, even though it uses the same cables, it will not work over ethernet
      • April 14, 2021
    • AaronPlant
      AaronPlant

Hello Nigel, do you mean ANY of it, or is some of it possible with standard network switches? Obviously the X-Touch and X32 Rack are already networked, but it was the AES50 and Ultranet I was hoping to consolidate. I found an article online that said AES50 was Ethernet compatible, so maybe it is the Ultranet that isn't? I guess that would explain the Behringer P16-D switch...?

• April 14, 2021
    • AaronPlant
      GaryHiggins Aes50 will not work on a network switch, you need bidirectional communications for sync so no way to have multiple returns go down one input line. Ultranet doesn’t use all data pairs of a lan cable but is ethernet cable compatible, it’s a proprietary format. You do need a P16D for Ultranet, or an SD8/16 which have multiple p16 ports.
      • April 14, 2021
    • AaronPlant
      AaronPlant

Hi again Gary :) - thanks for clarifying this - there's nothing Behringer-specific I could find on the internet regarding this so it is good to know and I note the lack of Ultranet ports on the S32 which is a shame. I'll see about getting hold of a P16D for the Ultranet connectivity then :) I'm also using the Turbosound NuQ tops and subs via Ultranet on top of all the above equipment, hence the question :)

• April 14, 2021
      • Ultranet over standard Ethernet switch?
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Aaron, I just checked and the S32 does have an Ultranet port, similar to the S16. If you are looking for a stagebox with multiple Ultranet ports, consider getting the SD16 or S8 which have 4 and 2 ports respectively. I find that using multiple SD stageboxes strategically placed on the stage superior to using an all-in-one stagebox.

Regarding the question of the ethernet compatibility of the AES50 and Ultranet, both are only first layer (physical) compatible of the ethernet protocol. Otherwise both AES50 and Ultranet protocols are proprietary to Klark Teknik (which is part of the MT family).
        • April 14, 2021
      • Ultranet over standard Ethernet switch?
        GaryHiggins Also with an S/DL16/32 stageboxes, they all have adat ports (which output aes50 17-32) you could get a P16i which connects by adat (also analog) and has multiple (5) powered p16 output ports. Whatever you assign aes50 17-32 will be output on the p16i Ultranet ports. For your speakers or p16m’s. They all still have a single Ultranet port besides adat.
        • April 14, 2021
    • AaronPlant
      Nigel67

Hi Aaron, sorry for the late reply. I see Gary and Paul have already answered your questions though. Everything they have said is exactly right.

• April 14, 2021
  • New
    Danimix
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-30

Good day all, does any know how to assign a channel post fader to the ducker. I do know how to assign and set up the channels but even with the mute on and fader closed ducking is still active on the channel. Can anyone help or is this for Behringer to address with firmware. Thank you for your help on the matter

read more...
    0 53
    • Danimix
      Paul_Vannatto Which console are you using?
      • April 30, 2021
    • Danimix
      Danimix Xr12
      • April 30, 2021
    • Danimix
      Danimix I have been unplugging my mic which is easier than accessing the interface to turn off. Using the ducking feature is essential to my configuration since I am not always at the controls
      • April 30, 2021
    • Danimix
      Paul_Vannatto Using X-Air-Edit, select the channel you want ducked and then its gate screen. Change the mode to ducker. Then assign the channel (far right sidechain) you want as the trigger.
      • April 30, 2021
    • Danimix
      Danimix All was done and parameters set appropriately, however the problem is ducking is always active on the channel even with the the assigned channel fader off or in the mute position.
      • April 30, 2021
      • DUCKING
        Paul_Vannatto Threshold is possibly too low.
        • April 30, 2021
  • New
    JusRoc1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-13

Hello 

just a quick help link for anyone who gets puzzled when plugging in a controller like the x touch. into cubase and then has the controller's faders trigger midi note on information when a virtual instrument is selected to monitor (by illuminating the little speaker icon next to the rec button under a virtual instruments name)

anyway cubase has this cool feature that allows multi-midi / multi audio instrument simultaneous record cubase's preferences is automatically sent to allow midi thru 

if you have a control surface connected however, you will have to make sure that each midi instrument's midi-input is set to a particular midi input device which is not the hardware DAW controller

otherwise your DAW controller will also send note on / off messages to the virtual instruments that are all set to midi input to all midi inputs (as the DAW also is capable of sending midi data).

If you leave the virtual instrument's input to All midi, and then go to record a midi track say from a midi piano like controller, if you or someone else touch's the x touch faders at the same time, you will get lots of unwanted midi note on / off messages on top of your awesome midi keyboard performance ... which would suck

I also have a problem with the x touch's faders sometimes not working, and i am not entirely sure what that is. but hey ho. i guess i have only had the controller for a few days. 

so.....well see..... at least i am not at the stage of sending it back or smashing it up, through frustration.... any one has any ideas as to why the controller's faders don't work during these times. would be interested in listening to your opinion / help.

thanks

read more...
    0 162
    • JusRoc1
      PedroRodrigues Hi JusRoc1 if you wish to gather more information on the implementation of your unit I would suggest to follow the link below and submit an assistance request directly to your Tech Support Team so we can help you on this matter. https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=Technical%20Support&brand=Behringer Thank you
      • September 13, 2021
    • JusRoc1
      JusRoc1 thanks Mr Rodrigues, I think i will do this, as the x touch i have is still not "plug and playing".... doh!!....
      • September 15, 2021
    • JusRoc1
      JusRoc1

Hey. After a little experimenting, I realised that the reason why the x-touch sometimes did not work with cubase, is because i had booted up cubase too soon after the pc booting up, before the software that runs the audio card that i have (which is UAD) had time to load up. This for some reason caused problems with cubase seeing x touch. Now when i boot up, i leave the pc for a few mins so that UAD console and driver can boot up, before turning x touch on and then booting up cubase. This solves the issue with the x touch! yippee! no need to send back. Just wish they had provided a decent manual like in the old days....

• September 19, 2021
    • JusRoc1
      JusRoc1

Hey. After a little experimenting, I realised that the reason why the x-touch sometimes did not work with cubase, is because i had booted up cubase too soon after the pc booting up, before the software that runs the audio card that i have (which is UAD) had time to load up. This for some reason caused problems with cubase seeing x touch. Now when i boot up, i leave the pc for a few mins so that UAD console and driver can boot up, before turning x touch on and then booting up cubase. This solves the issue with the x touch! yippee! no need to send back. Just wish they had provided a decent manual like in the old days....

• September 19, 2021
      • Using X Touch with Cubase 11
        JusRoc1 Sorry to return with bad news. However, the original X touch I brought never worked properly. So I ended up having to send it back to the retailer and the retailer sent out a replacement. The replacement worked for 1 day and then malfunctioned. I do not know if this is a Behringer X touch problem or people breaking into my house and sabotaging my tech (as this has happened before due to local music event promoters being w...kers.)
        • December 1, 2021
      • Using X Touch with Cubase 11
        JusRoc1 I am now thinking of returning the replacement x touch, which is really sickening and time wasting!!!
        • December 1, 2021
  • New
    Jaaan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-08

Hello

Is it possible to work with pgm change messages on the Behringer rd9 and 8?

I didn't find it in the manual..

Greetings!

0 12
  • New
    knil45
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-26

Looking for X32-Q application for iPhone, I just see in Apple Store that is not available for 9 years ago since iOS 11, while we can install in Android devices without any problem in the last versions of Android...

Is there any alternative for this application? We want it for iPhone devices.
    As the application is not updated for 9 years, Can you confirm that will never be updated?

read more...
    0 22
    • knil45
      Paul_Vannatto An excellent alternative is Mixing Station, a 3rd party app that is constantly updated by the developer.
      • November 26, 2021
    • knil45
      DavidThomson1 It was replaced by MX-Q a long time ago. MX-Q is far superior and available from the app store
      • December 2, 2021
  • New
    stadtljo68
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-31

Is there such a thing as a factory reset for the TD-3 AM?  Just wondering if you can restore the factory patches after you have over written them.  Just a newbe here so thanks for your help.

2 44
Go to page