Statistics

299,406 members
183,151 posts
  • djwilly
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-03

Hi, I just bought this synth. I hooked up to the Midi out of my Yamaha MX88 synth/keyboard. I cannot get this thing to play what I am playing. The best I can do is I can hear some sequences (which I didn't setup). I cannot use it as a monophonic synth. Also, the gate LED is always on. My Yamaha keyboard works wonderfully on the Behringer Model-D synth. Is there any picture of baseline settings so I can use this as a normal synth. I am knowledgeable with analog synths, but I can't get this one to cooperate. Perhaps one of my settings is not right? I can't seem to get Begringer support. I'm at the point where I may just return it and buy something different. Thanks, Billy

read more...
    0 273
    • djwilly
      horder2344

re the midi are you using the midi in port on the front top right of the Pro 1? - I use mine with a Arturia Keystep and everyhting works as it should. Initially though I connected to the midi port on the back and nothing happened hence using the front midi in.

• January 3, 2020
    • djwilly
      Traceddnb

I am having the same issue.

plus the USB doesnt work

• January 13, 2020
    • djwilly
      Dkniffen

Can't get the Pro-1 to connect via midi either. Using the Midi in on the front and a keystep with no luck. Any instructions would be greatly appreciated. Don't want to have to return it.

• February 23, 2020
  • carloscotton
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-19

Hello, my name is Carlo and this is my first post here.

At the beginning of our live show the system did not responded properly (slow but was still running) and midi was responding improperly (I have a button that start the click but once pressed the click suddenly stopped... crazy) no sound from output. I solved the problem only powering off the mixer. Restarting my Mac running Mojave didn't solve the problem itself and the panic midi command too. I had to unplug the mixer.

I use XR18 (latest firmware) as audio interface connected to Mac Book Pro running mainstage (system is not overloaded). So 3 USB midi controllers + MacBook are connected via Hub USB to the mixer. In-hear monitor, air mic and stage piano are also connected in the audio channels. Everything is racked along with the router to wifi connection.
    When at home everything is ok of course. And we tried many times all together in studio. No problem. During the latest live I had this problem and was really bad. I was lucky because the first time happened before starting the show. We had to wait to restart everything ... panic ... but we did it.
    But the last time happened at the beginning and the  band started without me. I couldn't have power off the mixer avoiding the big  "Pooook". There is not a reset button. So I had to wait for the mixer man to close the live mixer channels. Stop the show... with 500 people dancing ... oh guys ... My colleagues where really disappointed and now our band is broken. I use Mainstage since 2014 and changed (before xr18 bought in 2018) many audio interface without having this problem. XR18 seemed to me the perfect setup. No more mixer and sound card with many cables around. The Mixer is racked with all the other gear. I thought this was the best solution and I was really happy because it worked ... since now.

I really appreciate if someone having the same issue could tell me what the hell of problem is this.
    People not using daw or mainstage please don't write me to  change my setup using hardware. I'm not interested. 

Thanks.

carlo

read more...
    0 247
    • carloscotton
      joegtech

Carlo,  I don't know if my recent unpleasant experience is related to yours but I'll share it.  

I was running a friend's XR-14 for a church service for a Christmas eve service.  The place was packed.  We had only been using the mixer for a few weeks. 

I was in the house with a touch screen capable Windows 10 PC.  He had a new android tablet on stage to help with monitors, etc.  

They were playing some Christmas carols before the service when we lost wireless connections to the mixer from both the PC and Android.  We were still using the internal access point, without any security : (   Security has since been enabled. 

Just prior to the loss of control I had muted the main because the director was giving verbal instructions to the group. so after loss of control we had no sound going through the mixer!

Also around the time of the loss of control I had attempted to connect my Android phone to the mixer.  I was going to walk the room with it.   However instead of starting the Behringer control app, I accidentally started up a third party control app on my phone.  It never connected to the mixer because I had not yet purchased the app.  So I doubt that could have been the problem. 

Rebooting the XR and control devices did not resolve the problem! 

I was able to regain control by connecting an ethernet crossover cable--that I retreived from my car-- from the PC to the XR.   Even then we still did not have access to the mixer via Wifi.   

I don't know what he did to resolve the problem after the event. I think he did a factory reset and reloaded his scenes.  He confirmed that he had the latest firmware.   The X Air app on the Android could not have been very old.   The X Air app on my PC could have been some months older since I purchased my XR some months earlier. 

My plan is to always have an old PC or Mac laptop and Ethernet crossover cable available so in a pinch I can control the XR via the cable.   I have my XR set to provide an IP network address to devices connected to the Ethernet port.  If/when I setup an external wireless access point/router,  I'll make sure both units are providing IP addresses with the same network address and not providing the same blocks of client/host addresses. 

Joe

• January 27, 2020
    • carloscotton
      carloscotton

Hi Joe,

Your problem is different. My XR18 is connected via ethernet to an external router providing IP adresses to hosts. With this configuration I didn't have any problem connecting via OSX or OS & Android using app Xair and Monitor.  The wireless connection of the XR  is not stable as the external router. Try this configuration. Hope this will help. @joegtech 

• January 27, 2020
  • alanmackey1
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-22

I am having some issues with my controller, a couple of keys don't work, and need to send it in for Warranty repair since I've only had it for a little over a month.  I opened a support ticket back on Jan 11 and have had zero communication from Behringer. Is there any way to get customer support other than this ticket system?

Thank you.

read more...
    0 201
    • alanmackey1
      alanmackey1

Never mind. Support just contacted me and they seem to not want to honor the warranty and repair the controller.

• January 22, 2020
  • Mr_Bongo
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-15
    On the phone in a hurry. With firmware 1.03, my console restarts within 1 - 30 seconds, as soon as I start USB stick playback. It reverts settings to the last boot (means any changes are not remembere, even when saving them as a snapshot) :/ any quick solution?
    read more...
    0 164
    • Mr_Bongo
      Paul_Vannatto

Try a different USB stick, particularly USB 2.0 (not USB 3.0). The next firmware release should fix USB stick related issues and will be available soon.

• February 14, 2020
    • Mr_Bongo
      Mr_Bongo

We ran the show with background music from a phone, no issues after switching to that.

The USB stick worked fine for days on V1.01, and was my X32 stick for years. Hope it´s gonna be fixed soon

• February 15, 2020
    • Mr_Bongo
      phxaudiophile

Just bought some USB 2.0 flash drives to see if that would help.  No luck.  So far I've tried around 10 different flash drives and only one of them works, but does not work well.  Assuming Behringer will be able to resolve this issue.

• February 16, 2020
  • HeartLander
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-07

I'm using an X32 with an S32 stagebox in a house of worship. 
    I'm recording the service to a DAW via USB: 32 channels to a PC running Sonar X2 Producer.
    The recording will be used to train volunteer operators how to mix. 

Channel assignments are layed out logically for our purposes, but it requires breaking the 8-grouping of inputs.  To accomdate that, I'm using the User Outs so that I can send arbitrary signals (a mix of AES50, Local, and Aux In) to the Card slot (and on to the DAW via USB).  That's all stored in what I'll call the "Service Scene." 

I have created a separate "Playback Scene" to be used during training. 
    This scene takes all 32 inputs from the Card in a 1:1 mapping (DAW Track 1 -> Console channel 1, 2->2, 3->3, etc. That way the trainess will see the channels in the same order we see during worship services. 

The input routing assignments (Card 1-32) do not get loaded when I load the Playback Scene. 
    So I have to reenter them by hand. 
    Going the other way is no problem... when I load the Service Scene, the channels get reassigned to the mics, etc. as you'd expect. 

None of the Scene Safe features are active. 
    Maybe this is the 'forgetting' Paul V. mentioned in another post. 
    This seems different to me, because the Cards are mapped in traditional groups of 8. 
    I hope someone has a workaround, or at least an explanation. 

Thanks, 
    HeartLander

read more...
    0 142
    • HeartLander
      DaveMorrison

@HeartLander 

While I have seen scene recalls have minor problems, I would say they usually recall correctly 99% of the time.

It's irritating when the same parameter fails to recall 3 times in a row. Then things are fine for a while. This is the reason I'm switching to snippets.

Can you post both scenes so we can see what happen on our end? 

• March 7, 2020
    • HeartLander
      GaryHiggins

@HeartLander 

Do you happen to use x32-Edit to setup routing? I was wondering if the record/play settings (down by aux remap) had an impact on your saved scene. I thought I remembered some thread long ago that said the usb card routing followed the same record/play setting behavior as the X-Live card does. X-Live is all I have these days so I can't compare them. If that were the issue you would have to make sure the rec/play position setting was correct when you eventually save a scene. Essentially, it's the same scene only saved with different input routing correct? I just tried it in my offline x32 edit with scene save and load, it does recall the rec/play position on the scene load. I'm suggesting maybe when the routing for card play (or record) was set, somehow the scene eventually got saved with the other routing position active. Or that while in the record (or play) position the opposite routing was set and then the scene was saved  I have no idea if those settings are easy to see when looked from a console (or even if they have a counterpart) but I could see that compounding the issue if a console ends up being used to save and load scenes. Just a thought...

• March 7, 2020
    • HeartLander
      RexBeckett

@GaryHiggins wrote:

@HeartLander 

Do you happen to use x32-Edit to setup routing? I was wondering if the record/play settings (down by aux remap) had an impact on your saved scene. I thought I remembered some thread long ago that said the usb card routing followed the same record/play setting behavior as the X-Live card does. X-Live is all I have these days so I can't compare them. If that were the issue you would have to make sure the rec/play position setting was correct when you eventually save a scene. Essentially, it's the same scene only saved with different input routing correct? I just tried it in my offline x32 edit with scene save and load, it does recall the rec/play position on the scene load. I'm suggesting maybe when the routing for card play (or record) was set, somehow the scene eventually got saved with the other routing position active. Or that while in the record (or play) position the opposite routing was set and then the scene was saved  I have no idea if those settings are easy to see when looked from a console (or even if they have a counterpart) but I could see that compounding the issue if a console ends up being used to save and load scenes. Just a thought...

@GaryHiggins @HeartLander 

The Record/Play routing also works on the console, Gary. It is on the Routing -> Inputs screen, encoder 6.

Record/Play routing works just the same for an X-USB card as it does for the USB portion of the X-Live. In both cases, there is not an automatic switching option. That is only possible with SD cards.

• March 7, 2020
  • GerryRobinson
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-20
    Hi, I am looking for a power adapter for a Behringer MX1604A Mixer. Would anyone know where i might get one. I know it's an old machine, but i would appreciate any help in finding one. Thank you in advance.
    0 99
    • GerryRobinson
      RexBeckett Try opening a Care ticket for Spare Parts. At the top of this page, click on Support -> Care -> Create a Care Ticket.
      • June 20, 2020
  • DickStraathof
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-08-20

Hi,
    I've attempted two times now to send in a warranty service request for my ?WING desk.
    after hitting 'submit' there is a spinning wheel for hours now but the request is not passing through.
    What can I do?

DickS.

0 57
    • DickStraathof
      RexBeckett This can happen when some field in your profile or the Care request is missing or considered invalid. I suggest that you make screenshots of your Care form before hitting Submit and email them to [email protected].
      • August 20, 2020
    • DickStraathof
      DickStraathof Hi Rex, thanks for the suggestion, i just have e-mailed a print-screen to Alexander.

Best regards,
      DickS.
      • August 20, 2020
    • DickStraathof
      Dale_M Hi Dick as discussed I have intercepted this one and you now have the ticket.
      • August 20, 2020
  • Carl71
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-31

How do i Migrate Previous Registered Products?

0 66
    • Carl71
      PedroRodrigues Hi Carl 71 do you still have the POP of the product you wish to register?
      • August 31, 2020
    • Carl71
      Carl71 Yes they are all in PDF Format
      • September 1, 2020
    • Carl71
      Carl71 You want me to send them to you ?
      • September 1, 2020
    • Carl71
      PedroRodrigues So we can manage this matter please submit a case via https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket
      • September 1, 2020
    • Carl71
      Carl71 under what type subheading??
      • September 1, 2020
  • DennisB
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-13

I have Behringer Xenyx1002 mixer but CANNOT record stereo on my computer. Instead, it always takes the left channel and doubles it up on the right channel. I mostly record with Adobe Audition, and I now have the latest 2020 update. Plus I have an old copy of Sound Forge -- same problem, no stereo recording with it either. There is definitely stereo audio within the mixer itself, I can clearly hear stereo through the mixer's headphones and see it on the VU meters. But on my computer, I get nothing but left channel mono. Otherwise, recorded audio quality is good -- just no stereo.

read more...
    0 233
    • DennisB
      Nigel67 I think that this is most likely because your DAW is recording the track as stereo instead of Mono. I am guessing that you are using a Windows computer, and Windows 10 so please take a look at the link below. It is for setting up with Audacity but the Windows set up is the same and your DAW will have the same set up in Preferences or Settings Tab. Hope this helps

https://musictribecommunity.powerappsportals.com/en-US/knowledgebase/article/KA-02517
      • September 13, 2020
      • no stereo recording from Behringer Xenyx1002
        Cupp Hello Nigel,

I’m sorry, Music Tribe is not letting me start a new post.

I want to purchase a USB mixer for live streaming concerts. I am considering the Behringer QX 1222 USB or X 1832 USB.
        Which model is newer?

Were both models released in 2020 or is one older?

Thank you.
        • September 16, 2020
        Nigel67 I am sorry, but I do not know when either mixer was released, however I do not think either were released this year. I think that they have been around for a few years now.
        • September 17, 2020
    • DennisB
      DennisB Yes! That fixed the problem. Thank you, Nigel! And here are some screenshots I made from within Adobe Audition to show the steps I took. Hopefully this can help someone else who gets stuck like I did. Cheers! - Dennis
      • September 14, 2020
        Nigel67 Hi Dennis, could you send those pictures through by any chance without the marups and I can put them into a KB article like the one I sent you. Many thanks
        • September 15, 2020
  • New
    Rhyot
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-27

Hey gang, few questions:

Preface: MIDI out to Poly D via USB cable, audio back in through an i/o. Track and Sync enabled on Live's MIDI Output setup pane. 

1.) Is there an LFO Sync option with the Poly D? I've configured MIDI Sync which appears to only have effect over the sequencer module on the synth. I'd like to send MIDI notes from Live to the Poly D, and have the LFO be in sync with the DAW, i.e., LFO plucks, or whatever, then record that into the software. I also have the Moog Sub Phatty, and there's an option to enable LFO Sync, where the knob moves between synced steps, such as 8/1, 4/1, 2/1, 1/1, 1/2, 1/4 etc, with trips and dots as you turn the LFO knob. Poly D doesn't seem to have that capability, unless I'm missing something. 

2.) With Output Sync enabled on Live's MIDI setup, the sequencer basically goes on steroids even if I'm really not using it, and then I actually run into the synth playing a note I'm not sending, and then skipping the notes as the looping midi clip comes back around. It plays on ARP mode properly, but well, only for single notes, because alas, we're in ARP mode. I've only been able to successfully track MIDI > Audio by having Track Output enabled, but Sync Output disabled. 

In the software, I can find the MIDI USB option for Clock Source, and that's great for sequencer stuff, but I really only plan to use this as a recording synth, sending midi and note information to the synth in whatever form I hope to get it back to the DAW, not playing much if ever with the arp/sequencer. What I really need is for the LFO to sync to the DAW, play the notes it's told to play, and sound great. That's it. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks!

read more...
    1 299
    • Rhyot
      RobbyWingfield Hi Garrett, this is Robby with Music Tribe. I've spent some time researching this for you. Could you please submit a support ticket above so I can help you in more detail? Thanks
      • January 5, 2021
      • Poly D & Ableton Sync // LFO
        Pelao17 Hi Robby, I have exactly the same questions. It would be great if you could help me with this. Cheers
        • ·
        • February 28, 2021
    • Rhyot
      richooker did you ever get an answer?
      • June 13, 2021
Go to page