Statistics

306,251 members
190,623 posts
  • ReinhardKlamm
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-03

Anyone using x-Touch compact with Gigperformer or mainstage =  bidirectional midi. 

0 112
  • tomacigale
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-14

Hi,

We just bought and tried an XR18 for a concert with our big band.

We need to mixe more than 18 channels, so we plan to buy another XR18.

We use 4 buses output for the stage and the main output for the audience.

How can we use both XR18? Can we connect LR output from the first XR18 on AUX input (17-18) on the main XR18 (which sends outputs to power amps), and the first XR18 buses 1-4 on 4 inputs of the main XR18?

Will it be possible to use two instances of the XAIR software (windows 10)?

Thank you for your help!

Thomas

read more...
    0 408
    • tomacigale
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Thomas @tomacigale 

Welcome to the forum. You are going to run into a number of routing snafu's trying to get 2 XR18 to work the way you want. I would strongly suggest you return the XR18 and get an X32 Rack. It has 16 mic inputs and 6 Aux inputs (total of 22). If you need more, you can get an SD8 or SD16 stagebox to add more inputs and outputs. 

• January 14, 2020
    • tomacigale
      KenMitchell

@tomacigale 

I second what @Paul_Vannatto said.  I'm speaking from experience and I can tell you it is not fun nor easy to do.  I did one theatrical show with 2 XR18s and the only reason I was able to get it to work was because I had all the talent mics on one mixer and the instrument mics and sound effects on the other.   It was absolutely nerve racking.   We replaced that setup with an X32 Rack and an SD16 the following season. 

Ken

• January 14, 2020
  • Pytkin
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-29

Im using 75m drums for AES50 connection between X32 mounted in OBVAN and stageboxes .. For long distances I have dante card in X32 , and sending dante via ethernet trunk in our Cameras (they have 250m optical drums, cascadable) .. But sometimes i cannot use this camera trunk and need longer cables than 75m .. Sometimes I put one of our Behringer SD8 stagebox as a repeter .. But its not ideal, because I need to add a power to it or there is not good place for SD8 .. I know about Klark Teknik DN9610 AES repeater .. But it need power too .. I found now MIDAS HUB4 .. it looks interesting .. And MIdas DP48 have AES50 IN and THRU .. And its powered by POE .. Do U think that it can be used as AES50 repeater powered by POE ?

Or .. Behringer ! Do U plan to make some nice small AES50 repetater with POE ? It will be great !

read more...
    0 503
    • Pytkin
    • Pytkin
      Pytkin

Do U tested it ? Is it compatible with AES50 ?

• February 28, 2020
    • Pytkin
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Roman @Pytkin 

Unfortunately the device in the link that Gary @GaryHiggins provided won't work, because AES50 only uses layer 1 of the ethernet protocol. The Hub4 and DP48 could possibly work, since the Hub4 can power up to 4 DP48 from the 4 outputs, and it will also work as an AES50 distributor to up to 4 stageboxes (I tried it and it works). But if you connect as follows:

X32 <-> Hub4 <-> DP48 <-> DP48 <-> DP48 <-> DP48

only the first DP48 will be powered from the Hub4 (just like with the P16 system). 

The other problem is that if you connect as follows:

X32 <-> Hub4 <-> DP48 <-> S32

you will have a DP48 placed in the middle of nowhere with buttons and knobs that someone could play with. Also it is unsure whether the repeating function of the DP48 can actually boost the AES50 signal sufficient enough for the stagebox at the other end. 

There is another product that is being developed that was mentioned in one of the Wing videos, called a DL8 stagebox, which will be powered via POE type power and will work in conjunction with the Hub4. But it hasn't been released yet (even to beta testers). So we have very little details at this point.

Another development is the new protocol found on the new Wing called StageConnect that will use standard mic cable to provide bidirectional 32in/32out audio plus power. Unfortunately there are currently no stageboxes or peripherals available to try it out at this point.

• February 28, 2020
    • Pytkin
      Pytkin

Hello Paul!

I was read in desciption of HUB4 about MIDAS DL8 .. Looks interesting .. I think it can help us in more situations .. 

I was searched here about StageConnect .. And found that there is still no stageboxes .. But cable lenghts is problem too .. I was read that it will be  work on 50-100m cable .. so it same problem like with AES50 ..  for longer distances I need repeater .. 

• February 28, 2020
    • Pytkin
      Paul_Vannatto

@Pytkin wrote:

I was searched here about StageConnect .. And found that there is still no stageboxes .. But cable lenghts is problem too .. I was read that it will be  work on 50-100m cable .. so it same problem like with AES50 ..  for longer distances I need repeater .. 

Yes but the repeater (or stagebox) will be powered by the cable and the wires in a mic cable is much larger diameter than the wires in ethernet, meaning that it should be able to handle more current. But you are correct that there is no stagebox or peripherals (even for beta testers) to try out.

• February 28, 2020
  • hwa0619
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-09

wing of Firmware 1.06,
    Why Channel delay moved to post fader?

0 158
    • hwa0619
      Paul_Vannatto

Why do you say it is post fader? Post fader to what?

• April 9, 2020
    • hwa0619
      mfk1312
      Channel delay moved to post fader

This is from the release notes to Version 1.06. I think the input delay is moved to avoid a delay on monitor mix busses, which are usually pre fader.

• April 9, 2020
    • hwa0619
      Roblof

I just want to confirm that the channel input delay was moved to post fader so that any inserted channel delay wouldn't affect monitor mixes or similar processing.

This was highly requested by monitor engineers.

• April 10, 2020
  • MikeBrunner
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-05-15

Just purchased a UMC404HD and I have not received my redeem code. You shouldn't have to wait days to redeem the code after you have registered. This is ridiculous. Behringer/Music Tribe could easily automate this process to send the code to the end user after the registration is input. There's no need to have a manual process where a support ticket needs to be created and responded to! This is already bad customer service! Put a dang card in the box with the code!

read more...
    0 330
    • MikeBrunner
      RexBeckett

@MikeBrunner 

Check your email spam/junk folder. Responses from the Care system have been missed this way. If there is no email with the download code, send a PM to @AlexLane telling him your Care ticket number.

• May 15, 2020
    • MikeBrunner
      MikeBrunner

Already have checked my spam folder. I will PM him but do you see how ridiculous it is to have to even do that. Behringer needs to fix this part of their customer service. Traktion is one of the reasons I purchased the Behringer . I should've already gotten my code.

• May 15, 2020
    • MikeBrunner
      RexBeckett

@MikeBrunner wrote:

Already have checked my spam folder. I will PM him but do you see how ridiculous it is to have to even do that. Behringer needs to fix this part of their customer service. Traktion is one of the reasons I purchased the Behringer . I should've already gotten my code.

@MikeBrunner 

With the last two products I registered, I received the download codes within 24 hours. We do get a few people who don't get their codes automatically but I would say it is a small proportion of all registrations and sometimes due to incorrect fields in their profiles or Care forms.

• May 16, 2020
    • MikeBrunner
      MikeBrunner

Why not just simply put a card with the redemption code in the dang box. Simple and most manufacturers do that. Or make the code generation immediate, no need to manually process, thats ridiculous in today's automated and digital age.

Why make me wait 24 hours or in my case even longer to use the bundled software. If I had bought a Presonus then I'd have my bundled software already.

This is an example of why Behringer doesn't have a better customer support reputation.

• May 16, 2020
    • MikeBrunner
      RexBeckett

@MikeBrunner 

If you are desperate to get started, you could download a free version of Waveform from Tracktion. When you receive the download code, you can upgrade to Waveform OEM.

• May 16, 2020
  • grzzlfizzl
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-06-05

hey,

can i set different midi channels per instrument, like Bass send on Midi CH#1, Snare send Midi Ch#2 etc?

or can the RD-8 send only on one channel?

0 78
  • SeanGerrity
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-04
    So I made the mistake of buying a new Mac with Catalina installed and I’m using an X32 with the latest firmware connect via usb. Audio works great for roughly 3-5 mins before I get digital distortion and clipping. I’m assuming this is due to Catalina. When I switch out the new Mac for my older laptop running High Sierra, I get no issues. Does anyone else have a similar problem?
    read more...
    0 123
    • SeanGerrity
      DaveMorrison It's not a common problem with Catalina. I haven't had a problem with Catalina on a new machine. Are you using a USB-C connection and or a hub?
      • July 3, 2020
    • SeanGerrity
      SeanGerrity Hi Dave. Turns out the expansion card was OLD and bad. It was the X-UF (I believe) card. I had an extra interface card, (X-USB) and everything is playing nicely now. Thanks so much for the quick reply.
      • July 5, 2020
  • root729
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-24

Hi, I have had a Yamaha O3D for years but only used it as a line mixer but now have bought the UMC1820 to connect the desk to my mac using the ADAT board. I was hoping for a better manual that would guide on the process of getting as many channels as possible in and out of the mac and to the desk if possible but I am a little confused as to how I route things to access the 18 and 20 ins and outs etc. Does anyone have any experience with the O3D or can help me understand what is possible with this interface. I bought this over the ADA8200 as it has the possabilites of more inputs and outputs so connecting to the adat of the O3D I am hoping to be able to send more than 8 channels. Any help greatly received.

read more...
    0 121
    • root729
      RexBeckett On the UMC 1820, the ADAT inputs are routed to USB sends 11-18. The ADAT outputs are routed from USB returns 13-20. If you want more than eight channels, you would need to use SPDIF and/or analogue connections between the 03D and the UMC1820.

The UMC1820 inputs are: 8 analogue, 2 SPDIF, 8 ADAT - total 18.
      The UMC1820 outputs are: 10 analogue, 2 SPDIF, 8 ADAT - total 20.
      • July 24, 2020
      • Behringer UMC1820 interface  with a Yamaha O3D
        root729 Thank you, that really helps, I am sure I will be back soon with more question once i start making noises go where I want them to. I have sent the outs from the daw to the O3D which is great, I need to look into spdif and also routing of the analogue ins as I would ideally like to have everything plugged in and mixable to my speakers and easily record whichever inputs i need in the daw without much rerouting or patching. Playback via the desk is no so important as I can mix in the daw once recorded. I was using a signature 22 MTK from soundcraft which made everything I need very simple but it is away for a repair so grabbed the 1820 to make the O3D work but its not so simple as the MTK although the O3d is a great desk. Thanks again for your help.
        • July 24, 2020
        root729 I have been working more trying to get this unit working in my setup but have found a problem i cant understand, I am getting distorted audio from outs 3-8 but 1/2 is clean. Main outputs 1/2 are fine connected to my yamaha O3D, clean audio with no distortion, however setting the main out from my daw from 1/2 to 3/4 or higher and using the same cables from the back of the UMC1820 to the same inputs on the O3D I get very poor audio which flutters up and down. I am not sure if it is to do with the monitoring volumes as when i am outputting from 1/2 the knob on the front allows me to set a good volume however i cannot turn down the output when using 3 to 8 so it distorts. the gain is all the way down on the desk but putting a pad on the inputs and then turning up the gain does nothing to the quality of the sound, there is still odd distortion and it sounds like its clipping although the output from the door is around -12 (the same as used on 1/2 without issue) there is no signs of clipping at the desk just poor audio,
        • July 27, 2020
        RexBeckett The maximum output level of the UMC1820 (+16dB) will overload the 03D inputs 1-8 unless the pad is switched in. Have you tried using 03D inputs 9-16?
        • July 27, 2020
  • Rabble36
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-10

The powered right channel of my Europower PMP5000 isnt working. I have the Amp Mode set as Main L - Main R. Any thoughts or is it blown?

1 44
    • Rabble36
      Dale_M Hi Rich, how do you have your inputs plugged in? Also stupid question but is the audio panned over to the left in error?
      • October 12, 2020
  • garygnaedinger
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-27

How can i listen to the audio i am controlling on my android device headphone output with X air for PC or X air android?

i

I would like to use the headphone out.  

it would be helpful if each person in the band could use the headphones out on their phones to listen while running X Air Q.

Does it already do that?  

read more...
    0 102
    • garygnaedinger
      RexBeckett Hi Gary, there is no audio present on the network connection so it is not possible to monitor through control devices (PCs/tablets/phones). You would need to add a wired or wireless IEM system to provide individual monitoring.
      • October 27, 2020
Go to page