Statistics

250,514 members
127,680 posts
  • New
    jp182
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-30

I just bought a second hand AMP800 and I've plugged 3.5 to 1/4 cable into the input L & R into the amp with a pair of headphones plugged into the headphone jacks on the front.  

Not only do I not get any sound, I also don't see any of the LEDs on the front moving which is making me think the AMP itself is not working.  I've tried multiple input sources in both input A and input B; same result. 

Any other suggestions before I email the buyer to get a refund on a defective unit?

read more...
    0 10
    • jp182
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi jp182, Are you aware if the unit was supplied with its original power supply or a third-party power supply? If a third-party power supply, I would recommend double-checking all specifications to ensure they match correctly including the polarity.
      • Aug 29
  • madonnanash
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-05-03

I have a Behringer PPA500BT.  Have had it for three years.  Haven't had many issues with it (besides the latches don't always stay locked into place, the storage compartment won't stay closed, and the zipper on the gig bag broke after the first week of use).  But that's not my complaint right now.  Two nights ago I was playing a regular solo acoustic gig.  All was well for about an hour.  Then all of a sudden it stopped pushing sound out to the speakers, and then the lights started flickering on and off repeatedly.  Now it is completely unusable.  I logged in to musictribe, created a care ticket, answer all the questions yada yada.  I tried submitting it, but it would not go through.  I bet I have tried submitting a care ticket at least a half a dozen times.  So after many failed attempts, I submitted a private message requesting help to get my europort fixed.  I haven't heard back from anyone at all  Does anyone have any tips or tricks on how to get hold of someone here?

read more...
    0 147
    • madonnanash
      RexBeckett

@madonnanash 

Hello Madonna, welcome to the community.

First make sure that every required field in your profile is correct. Missing or invalid information can apparently cause the Care ticket system to fail. It is also important to fill-in every required field in the Care ticket form (marked *). Make screenshots of the completed Care form before you submit it. If it fails again, let us know and we can tell you how to send the screenshots to get some help. Do not attach the screenshots to your post as they will contain personal information!

• May 3, 2020
  • New
    t3g3lst3n
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-11

I blew a capacitor on a LAB 1300, on mains side, where do i find the correct spare, as only legs left...

I had it since late 80s so quite old, it have eaten many speakers over the years ;)

0 28
    • t3g3lst3n
      DavidKnighton Hello t3g3lst3n,
      That model is quite legacy. We don't have this information readily available, nor do we divulge service manuals to the general public. I would suggest opening a tech support inquiry so we can help you get it repaired.
      • Aug 11
      • I blew a capacitor on a LAB 1300, mains side
        t3g3lst3n ok thaks

i rather mend it my self as only a capacitor, as a retuen for service sounds expensive for a monitor amp.
        ill junk it else as i think it has its eaten so many speaker when it blown a fuse on one power side and sent 40volts DC to speakers over the years. so call it quits with it, last of my lab1300 that was working.
        • Aug 11
  • Gasper
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-02

Hi,

I am new here. I would like to ask some technical question about new Lab Gruppen PDX3000 amp. It seems to be a perfect solution for my JBL4645Cs. First of all I would like to know what is the DAMPING FACTOR (aprox. up to 300Hz)?. For the input on XLRs I would like to connect it directly from the integrated amplifier from speaker terminal (high level to low level); I made some measurements and normally high level does not exceed 0,5V - how much volts can take XLR input on PDX3000?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,

Gasper Jancigaj

read more...
    0 347
    • Gasper
      AlexLane

Hi Gasper,

The following is a white paper published by Lab.gruppen detailing why we do not use Damping Factor in our specifications.

Damping factor

The damping factor is determined by the quotient of the speaker impedance and the output impedanceof the amplifier. To state the damping factor figure of an amplifier is meaningless, as the speakerimpedance’s varies with the frequency and the various types and brands of loudspeakers existing.The figures of the true damping factor are only valid for a specific amplifier/ loudspeakercombination. This fact gives one of the reasons why Lab.gruppen don’t publishes the damping factorfigures.The only figures that are relevant for amplifiers are the output Impedance figures. Most amplifiers onthe market only show low output impedance (or high damping factor) at low frequencies and high(er)at high frequencies. This is due to the improper design of the output network and/or frequencydependent feedback. Lab.gruppen design has the feature to have nearly constant impedance over theaudio frequency band with a value of 0.05 to 0.07 ohms (50-70 mohms) . This causes less coloration.Another feature of the power supply in the fP 2200 - fP 6400 (thanks to the stabilised power supply),is that the output impedance doesn't rise during clip situations. In most conventional amplifiers theimpedance rise 10 or l00 times during clip. That causes uncontrolled movements of the speaker-cone.The conclusion must be that the Lab.gruppen switch mode power supplies sound better or have betterdefinition, especially in the bass region, compared to conventional designs.

Damping factor influences on active and passive frequency divided loudspeakers

Another reason not to publish the damping factor is that it’s not relevant to the audio quality of the power amplifier. For example; a professional loudspeaker driver has a DC-resistance between 2 and 5ohms, which is connected in series with the driver in the equivalent circuit diagram of the driver. Inthis case, the damping factor has more to do with the speaker itself than the amplifier, as the speakerdriver is connected directly to the power amplifier just as in an actively divided system (see example below).In a passively divided speaker system the filter network circuit are placed between the power amplifierand the speaker driver. In this case, however, the filter impedance determines the damping factor ofthe speaker driver. The output impedance of the power amplifier can influence the characteristics ofthe filter response, but it’s not sure that a lower impedance (higher damping factor of the poweramplifier) will give a better response. A classical example is the tube amplifier, which has relativelyhigh output impedance and which gives a very good sonic result in most cases.

I am not entirely sure I understand your question,  "For the input on XLRs I would like to connect it directly from the integrated amplifier from speaker terminal". Could you explain what you wish to do in a bit more detail please?

The PDX inputs are Line Level, if you are using an appropriate audio source then it will be a line level output also. What are you planning on using to drive the input on the amplifier?

• April 6, 2020
  • New
    SalidaSagar
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-02

Amp Boards for FP+ series

2 - FP7000 = Q09-00001-86177 / A70TD05-F02-T
    2 - FP9000 = Q09-00001-86176 / A70TD05-F01-T 
    2 - FP10000 = Q09-00001-86147 / A25TD-17E-T 
    2 - FP14000 = Q09-00001-86178 / A70TD05-F03-T 

Power Supply

2 - FP7000 = Q09-00001-86784 / SMPS-A10-F04
    2 - FP9000 = Q09-00001-86787 / SMPS-A13-F02

2 - FP10000 = Q09-00001-86786 / SMPS-A12-F01 
    2 - FP14000 = Q09-00001-86785 / SMPS-A11-F07 

Input / Output Boards

2 - FP7000 = Q09-00001-86191 

2 - FP9000 = Q09-00001-86189 
    2 - FP10000 = Q09-00001-86214 

2 - FP14000 = Q09-00001-86190

Regards

Salida Sagar

read more...
    0 73
    • SalidaSagar
      DavidKnighton Hello Salida Sagar,
      Please click the SUPPORT link at the top of the page and create a ticket for SPARE PARTS.
      • November 2, 2020
  • New
    clerc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-12

I understand from the manual that the E series 8:2 amplifier enters standby mode after 20 minutes without input signal. Is there a way to disable standby mode? In postproduction studio installations (Dolby Atmos) standby mode proved to be annoying because amplifier channels of individual surround speakers eventually don´t unmute fast enough for single effects ...

read more...
    0 26
    • clerc
      Nigel67 Hi clerc. Unfortunately it is not possible to disable the APO function of the amplifier. The feature is intended to conserve power while the amplifier is idle, and is part of what gives the device an energy star rating. If the feature were able to be defeated, then it would not be energy star compliant.
      • Aug 14
    • clerc
      clerc Hi Nigel, many thanks for your reply! Are there furtherLab.Gruppen models that enter standby mode automatically with the option to disable it, please? What´s the threshold for the input level to leave standby mode? Is it possible to tally standby mode (i.e. notify the mixer in the control room that some amplifier channels need to "wake up" before playing content)?
      • Aug 17
  • New
    Daviddobson
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-21

Can behringer amps ever be repaired by behringer? Alternatively, can you buy the amp boards from behringer?

0 55
    • Daviddobson
      DavidKnighton Hello Daviddobson,
      If you have a defective amp, you can submit a SERVICE REQUEST ticket via the SUPPORT tab at the top of the page. Alternatively, you can also submit a SPARE PARTS ticket via the SUPPORT tab.
      • May 21
  • New
    Gheorghe17
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-05

Hello,

just got a used Lab Gruppen IP450, love this amp but the face plate ha some scratches.I need a new one and I was wondering if I can still find this kind of spare part ?

Thank you in advance and hope for your positive reply.

GD

read more...
    0 52
    • Gheorghe17
      Nigel67 Hi Gheorghe, Please contact our spares team and they will be able to advise you availability and pricing. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Spares tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks
      • Apr 5
  • New
    Gumboot
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-17

Hi does anybody no what the voltage gain is on the  behringer nx6000

0 77
  • simonberge
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-09

Hi,

Two years ago I got a Behringer ACX 1800 (which seems not to be in the list when trying to open a ticket for warranty).It was delivered with defaults, but I only realized later as shortly after receiving the Behringer I was diagnozed with an auto-immune desease and didn't play much for a while (None of the effects work and there is poor volume, only with gain on maximum I had some aplification, but of course it's lots of other noise, this problem varies a litlle bit depeding on which guitare).

I got it tested in a music store twice. The defects are very obvious to them. I would like help and I would like to talk about warranty as the ACX 1800 has barely been touched, and I am only out of warranty because I had to figure out how to contact you guy, then my ampli didn't exist in the list... Unfortunately I didn't register in time, so therefore I don't have the 3y warranty.

Thank you in advance for understanding the situation and for contacting me back

[email protected] 

read more...
    0 134
Go to page