Statistics

234,016 members
109,623 posts
  • EduardvanRaalte
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-23

Hi, I got a Tannoy Arena Subwoofer from a friend for repair. I managed to get the amplifier board out of the magnificent(!) box and also got the power supply out. When on there’s 7.7V between CD- and CD+. If the amp isn’t in standby I assume that should be much more. 

Things would get a lot easier from here if I got a service manual or schematics. Any hint will be appreciated! Tia Eduard. Power supplyPower supply

read more...
    0 201
    • EduardvanRaalte
      EduardvanRaalte

I found them. Google for Indigo BASH 600109 to find the SMPS. 

• February 23, 2020
    • EduardvanRaalte
      Johanmk77 Did you find the problem? I have almost given up.
      • November 20, 2020
  • nikleica21
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-26
    0 38
    • nikleica21
      nikleica21 Please help me ! Need advice on (1) how do I remove my speaker grille with the lock in this condition? (2) how can I get this faulty part ordered and self-replaced and any instructions on doing so? Thank you so much.
      • October 26, 2020
    • nikleica21
      JasonB81 Hello - The best move would be to open a support ticket under the support link above and we can help you get the part you need and guide you toward a solution after a deeper dive into the issue. Thank you
      • October 26, 2020
      • Remove and replace faulty Kensington SE speaker grill lock
        nikleica21 Thanks Jason! I have done that and fingers crossed, I will be able to get this resolved.
        • October 26, 2020
  • New
    Bascule
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-24

Hi,

I've had these so long I don't remember what they are ?

Wondering if anyone can help?

Cheers,

Andy

read more...
    0 87
    • Bascule
      Bascule The cabinet is about 25x50 cm
      • Jan 24
    • Bascule
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Bascule, upon review, it appears you have a pair of DC1000 from the Series 90 range. I have included a copy of the brochure for you in the link below if this is of any help.

https://we.tl/t-NCqpazmh1E
      • Jan 26
      • I've forgotten what these are!
        Bascule Cheers! :-)
        • Jan 26
    • Bascule
      Bascule Hi ChrisEdwards1 - Perfect, many thanks for that! :-)
      • Jan 26
  • New
    wsblissjr
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-08

I'm interested in getting some Reveal 502 monitor speakers (I think anyway) however they don't seem to be available at any of the usual suspects in the USA where they use to be... Sweetwater, Guitar Center, etc.  Is there a reason for that? Are they still a current product or are they being replaced?

read more...
    0 58
    • wsblissjr
      Nigel67 Hi, yes they are still a current product. You will need to contact Sweetwater and they will be able to give you a date when they are coming back into stock.
      • Feb 8
  • New
    JD23
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-24

A couple of years ago, I bought a house that had a theater room in the basement.  The previous owner left the rear speakers installed in the wall.  I pulled one out and learned they are Tannoy iw60 efx boxes.  I found the manual online.  I'm a speaker noob.  I read the cinema mode is 4 ohms while a music mode is 8 ohms.  My receiver only goes down to 6 ohms.  So, I assume I need the speakers to be in music mode.  I have no clue how to do this.  I would appreciate any help.  Also, advice on whether these will be good rear surround speakers would be great.  Thanks!

read more...
    0 76
    • JD23
      PedroRodrigues Hi JD23 when using the Tannoy iW60 EFX I would recommend having a Amplifier Power that offers the following power and impedance 100 - 200 W @ 8 Ohms and power handling of Average 100 W; Programme 200 W; Peak 400 W so you must look for power amplifier that offers these specifications to avoid any issues. Thank you
      • Jan 25
    • JD23
      JD23 Thank you for the reply. I am wondering how to make the speakers 4 ohms vs 8 ohms. Aside from the normal red and black pair of banana plugs, there is a green connector on the back with a place to insert 4 wires and set screws to tighten down on them. The holes are marked two with a plus and two with a minus. Does this have something to do with the resistence?
      • Jan 25
  • jalexander510
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-08

I recently purchsed used 800a monitors (with matching sub) and they had some of the best imaging ever heard, but they did not last long. The Right speaker was dead in the water, when I opened it up, the LM317/LM337 transisters looked fried, so I replaced them. In the process the board started to delaminate in around the holes. I just used jumber wires to what I thought were obvious places, but now I have sound but its only static. 

I would like to replace the amp with original on the one monitor or use a similar active amp to replace both speakers. I assume I would just have to match the crossover network before it splits to the amps. I really want to use these monitors again because I just got them last month. Can some please guide me a bit?

read more...
    0 58
  • New
    StuWilkinson
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-29

My new 402 Reveal, only used it a few times, the power light did not come on, took the fuse out and replaced with a new one, put the kettle lead in and the light stayed on for a few seconds and now it doesnt power up again.

0 30
    • StuWilkinson
      NicJonesMT Hi Stu.
      Sorry to hear about this. If you Click Support at the top of the page and submit a Service ticket, the service team will be able to advise you further.
      • Apr 29
  • New
    Mgrenwic
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-12

Hello, I am very interested in the Tannoy Xt8f's but would like to know if you are now providing the "bung" inserts for the bass ports? If not, do you have a recommendation? My room is 16x18x8 Ft and I am concerned there will be too much bass. Thanks 

read more...
    0 79
    • Mgrenwic
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Michael, the Revolution XT6F and XT8F do not come supplied with port bungs, however, if you require them any generic Third-party ones that can be purchased online or via your local HiFi dealer would be suitable. The diameter of the bass reflex port on the XT8F is 7.5cm and for the XT6F it is 5.5cm.
      • November 11, 2020
    • Mgrenwic
      TonyC1954 Good day, I have a pair of eclipse 3 speakers, but have managed to break the plinth , plastic foot on one or them, can I purchase a replacement foot?
      • November 26, 2020
  • riches
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-28

Hi, Just retrieved my old and muched loved R3's from storage and a moues had climed in one on them and gnawed the wires and 2 speakers. I need the tweeter and middle driver. All I can see on the units is N39Y and U39X. Can anyone help me replace these parts. And if I'm replacing them on 1 speaker should I do the came on the one that works too?

Many thanks,

Peter

read more...
    0 42
    • riches
      john0121 Try the spare parts request form via the support button at the top of the page. The team will be able to let you know the pricing and availability.
      • September 28, 2020
    • riches
      riches Thx John
      • September 28, 2020
  • New
    michal2512
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-30

Hi. I've got Tannoy Mercury 2.5 speakers. There are broken hightone speakers (photo). Is it any chance to get this parts?

Thanks and advice.

Michal

PS. Mayby some technical data someone knows?

read more...
    0 38
    • michal2512
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi michal2512, if you have not yet done so I would recommend submitting a spares ticket. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Spares tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks
      • Mar 30
Go to page