Statistics

233,969 members
109,566 posts
  • New
    Hanya83
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-18

Hi,

A couple of months ago I was given those beauties ?

Unfortunately, it looks like the top speakers need to be fixed. I also have no idea how to connect them to my sound system or TV. 

Could anyone guide me, please?

I can't wait to...test them ?

Have a lovely day everyone ☺️

Hanya83

read more...
    0 48
    • Hanya83
      WilliamR Hello, William from musictribe here. Here is a video of a method I have used to remedy the dented tweeter.
      • Apr 18
    • Hanya83
      Hanya83

WilliamR thank you very much for your messages. I've just watched your video. It's very helpful and it seems to be pretty easy to fix. I will try tonight. Could you also recommend some "receivers", cables and.. whatever else is needed for those speakers to work, please? I'm so sorry I'm a complete Dummy in this area. And.. FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I will have professional speakers, so I don't want to make mistakes. But Im so excited ?

• Apr 19
  • New
    mikeandrade
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-16

Hi, I just wanted to know what the typical wait time is to get a response, after creating a case number for a replacement part?

0 36
  • ayhankizmaz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-23
    I have Tannoy Kensington SE. Is there any upgrade kit for tannoy or what can I do for better sound.
    0 78
    • ayhankizmaz
      AlexLane Hi, there is no upgrade kit per say! What specifically do you want to improve? Could you detail your setup and space for me, might be able to give you some tips ;)
      • June 23, 2020
      • Tannoy kensington se
        ayhankizmaz Hi,
        • June 27, 2020
      • Tannoy kensington se
        ayhankizmaz Hi amp. İs asr emitter 1 and dcs puccini cd player my speaker cable is transparent audio biwire..
        • June 27, 2020
  • LP8400
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-23
    I m looking for the screws to assemble the low feet (or you can also use them for hanging speakers on the walls). I need two complete sets (to assemble the speaker in the holder, to attach the bottom rubber foot, and to install the safeguard mesh in front of the speaker). If someone has an alternative, let me know pls.
    read more...
    0 72
    • LP8400
      AlexLane Hi there! Could you please put in a support ticket to contact our parts team, they should be able to help!
      • June 23, 2020
  • Westfield48
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-01
    I have a Tannoy TS2.8 Subwoofer connected to a home theatre system via a Marantz NR1506 AV Receiver. 

The subwoofer is part of a set of Tannoy speakers HTS101 XP and all work perfectly except the subwoofer.
    It has worked in the past but there’s no audio now. The standby LED is red when switched off and flashes red when the unit is turned-on ..it doesn’t turn green.

Please let me know if there's a speaker fault or a fault with the set-up

Thanks

T

read more...
    0 86
    • Westfield48
      john0121 Hi Thomas, unfortunately this sounds like a fault with the amp board in the 2.8 and it will need to be serviced. Please fill out the the Service Request from via the Support button (top of the page) and a member of the team will arrange this with you.
      • October 1, 2020
    • Westfield48
      Westfield48 Hi John, many thanks for your prompt response ...I'll complete the service request : )
      • October 1, 2020
    • Westfield48
      Nigel67 Hi Thomas. This sounds like the subwoofer is going into protect mode. There is a hardware fault on the amp module. Please go to the support tab at the top of the page and submit a service request ticket and a colleague will get back to you shortly. I spoke to one of the repair guys and he said that if the unit is no longer under warranty, then you could take the amp module out of the subwoofer (with power disconnected) and send just this to us thus avoiding any possible damage to the cabinet and speaker during transit. If it is still under warranty, then we would require the whole unit back as removing anything would void the warranty.
      • October 1, 2020
    • Westfield48
      Westfield48 OK, thanks Nigel ..! I've completed the service request and I'll wait for their response
      • October 1, 2020
  • New
    AndreaPoli
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-15

Buongiorno, ho cablato le mie System 1200 in biamp mode, utilizzando un crossover elettronico, vorrei sapere come e se dover distaccare quello interno alle casse.

cordiali saluti

0 48
    • AndreaPoli
      PedroRodrigues Hi AndreaPoli,tenere presente che il modello System 1200 ha due terminali, il primo per le frequenze più basse e il secondo per le frequenze più alte.
      Considera che puoi scollegare il crossover interno e ricollegare il tweeter e il woofer ai terminali corretti. Considera che potrebbe essere necessario eseguire una calibrazione del crossover esterno per impostarlo correttamente.
      • Feb 11
  • New
    AndreaPoli
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-15

Hello, I wired my System 1200 in biamp mode, using an electronic crossover, I would like to know how and if I have to detach the one inside the speakers.

kind regards

0 52
    • AndreaPoli
      DavidKnighton Hello Andrea,
      Generally speaking, most 2-way speakers will have a built in crossover, so you don't need to use an external crossover. If you favor an external crossover, you do need to connect the external crossover outputs straight to the low/high drivers directly, bypassing the internal crossover. This might be a problem for you, as the System 1200 appears to only have a single pair of terminals. For external Bi-Amp, you'd need two pairs of terminals, one pair connecting to the low driver, and one pair connecting to the high driver. This will require some modification to the cabinet in order to work. If you want my opinion on the matter, you should leave the cabinet as is and utilize the internal crossover, as the system sounds stellar on it's own.
      • Jan 15
    • AndreaPoli
      AndreaPoli Hi, David
      First of all I wanted to thank you for answering me,
      the System 1200 model has two terminals, the first for the bass and the second for the highs, luckily I just had to disconnect the internal crossover and rewire the tweeter and the woofer to the correct terminals, the sound is incredible, you just need to have some tricks in the calibration of the external crossover which has now been set up correctly. Thanks again for the advice??
      • Jan 15
      • Tannoy System 1200 Bi-Amped
        DavidKnighton Hello Andrea,
        That's odd, the one I was looking at online appeared to only have a single pair of terminals. It's possible I was looking at the wrong model. Can you send a pic of your rear panel?
        • Jan 15
      • Tannoy System 1200 Bi-Amped
        DavidKnighton Just realized my computer brightness was turned down and I couldn't see the black terminals against the speaker cabinet. My bad!
        • Jan 15
  • JOAOSIMOES
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-07
    Hello friends, I registered a support ticket with the Ticket Number: CAS-116163-T3M6N6 - I really need a Tannoy Reveal 6 High Frequency Driver Type 0294-79000891B tweeter for my speakers, if it is not possible to deliver this driver please inform all technical characteristics such as: Size Inches, Membrane, DB, Ohm, Hz, Qts, Vas.L, so that I can buy on the market and replace it with a driver with similar characteristics. Or is the Precision 6 Japan tweeter the same? Anyway, I actually need to know if I have a chance to recover the speakers or not, I love these speakers.
    read more...
    1 38
  • New
    Riehmulus
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-15

I have four CVS 6 ceiling speakers that have a transformer tap control. These speakers will be the front elevation and rear surround. Can anyone please tell me what setting I should use for a home receiver that does 100 W x7 at 6 or 8 ohms?

read more...
    0 54
    • Riehmulus
      DavidKnighton Hello Riehmulus,
      For 8 Ohm output on a home receiver, you need to tap the LoZ setting on the transformer. Any other setting will go through a transformer tap, and you don't really want that for a home receiver.
      • Jan 15
    • Riehmulus
      Riehmulus Awesome. Is there a recommended pin usage for the molex connector?
      • Jan 15
    • Riehmulus
      Riehmulus I used pin 1 & 2 on one speaker and 3 & 4 on another and seems to get the same output level
      • Jan 15
      • Tannoy CVS 6 transformer tap
        DavidKnighton Are you referring to the speaker input? I do believe 1/2 is parallel to 3/4, so it shouldn't really matter. These speakers are designed to be daisy chain in the masses, but only in 70V/100V operation.
        • Jan 15
  • Skirabbit
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-07
    Hi I have a very old set of these speakers - seems one of the crossover units is not working - can I replace them? Is it worth it? Can I use a more modern replacement with RCA plugs? I assume I should replace both if a more modern version is available. Thanks for the advice.
    read more...
    1 57
Go to page